Green belt development meeting for Billericay residents this weekend

Green belt development meeting for Billericay residents this weekend

Green belt development meeting for Billericay residents this weekend

First published in News by

RESIDENTS have organised a meeting to inform the public about Basildon Council’s plans to allow housing developments in the green belt.

Basildon Council’s draft local plan sets planning precedent until 2031 and is out to consultation until March 18.

But some residents feel they are not informed enough and want to discuss the proposals for 2,300 homes on Billericay green belt on Sunday, March 2, at The Rising Sun pub in Sun Street, Billericay, at 1pm.

Comments (17)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

3:53pm Fri 28 Feb 14

CHRISTMAS CAROL says...

People need houses not grass
People need houses not grass CHRISTMAS CAROL
  • Score: -6

3:57pm Fri 28 Feb 14

blackheart says...

CHRISTMAS CAROL wrote:
People need houses not grass
But all the East Europeans that need houses already have houses back in their grassy homeland.
[quote][p][bold]CHRISTMAS CAROL[/bold] wrote: People need houses not grass[/p][/quote]But all the East Europeans that need houses already have houses back in their grassy homeland. blackheart
  • Score: 2

4:08pm Fri 28 Feb 14

ThisYear says...

Gives lie to Tony Balls ongoing splatter that millions were spent to defend against the idea of 'building' on Green Belt land..millions!
Gives lie to Tony Balls ongoing splatter that millions were spent to defend against the idea of 'building' on Green Belt land..millions! ThisYear
  • Score: 3

4:56pm Fri 28 Feb 14

exBillericayDicky says...

But Where in Billericay?
But Where in Billericay? exBillericayDicky
  • Score: 1

5:53pm Fri 28 Feb 14

Bolloximian says...

exBillericayDicky wrote:
But Where in Billericay?
There are a number of sites currently under consideration as far as I know. Land to the east of Greens Farm Lane has been mentioned for instance. Best pop along to the meeting. It's a better excuse for a pint than the usual walking of the dog.
This might interest you too:
http://www.basildon.
gov.uk/CHttpHandler.
ashx?id=3728&p=0
[quote][p][bold]exBillericayDicky[/bold] wrote: But Where in Billericay?[/p][/quote]There are a number of sites currently under consideration as far as I know. Land to the east of Greens Farm Lane has been mentioned for instance. Best pop along to the meeting. It's a better excuse for a pint than the usual walking of the dog. This might interest you too: http://www.basildon. gov.uk/CHttpHandler. ashx?id=3728&p=0 Bolloximian
  • Score: 2

7:29pm Fri 28 Feb 14

Howard Cháse says...

They will read out a statement.


dear residents of Billericay. Don't worry about greenspaces etc in Billericay being built on in this century. We have all the land we need in Basildon.


Keep voting for Ball and Blake.

Thank you.
They will read out a statement. dear residents of Billericay. Don't worry about greenspaces etc in Billericay being built on in this century. We have all the land we need in Basildon. Keep voting for Ball and Blake. Thank you. Howard Cháse
  • Score: 6

5:47am Sat 1 Mar 14

Bill1969 says...

We need decent new homes. Keep all options open including building on this notional green belt. Basildons plans to 2013 have a very minimal impact on green belt as far as I can see. We should be pushing the developers to build good homes with green spaces and public services.
We need decent new homes. Keep all options open including building on this notional green belt. Basildons plans to 2013 have a very minimal impact on green belt as far as I can see. We should be pushing the developers to build good homes with green spaces and public services. Bill1969
  • Score: -4

6:55am Sat 1 Mar 14

Eric the Red says...

Bill1969 wrote:
We need decent new homes. Keep all options open including building on this notional green belt. Basildons plans to 2013 have a very minimal impact on green belt as far as I can see. We should be pushing the developers to build good homes with green spaces and public services.
We need less people - we can concrete over the whole of SE Essex and the houses will get filled. Don't forget that a lot of Billericay expansion has already taken green fields in the past few decades. Madness!
[quote][p][bold]Bill1969[/bold] wrote: We need decent new homes. Keep all options open including building on this notional green belt. Basildons plans to 2013 have a very minimal impact on green belt as far as I can see. We should be pushing the developers to build good homes with green spaces and public services.[/p][/quote]We need less people - we can concrete over the whole of SE Essex and the houses will get filled. Don't forget that a lot of Billericay expansion has already taken green fields in the past few decades. Madness! Eric the Red
  • Score: 4

11:40am Sat 1 Mar 14

ThisYear says...

Eric the Red wrote:
Bill1969 wrote:
We need decent new homes. Keep all options open including building on this notional green belt. Basildons plans to 2013 have a very minimal impact on green belt as far as I can see. We should be pushing the developers to build good homes with green spaces and public services.
We need less people - we can concrete over the whole of SE Essex and the houses will get filled. Don't forget that a lot of Billericay expansion has already taken green fields in the past few decades. Madness!
What do you suggest..culling the Essex population?
[quote][p][bold]Eric the Red[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Bill1969[/bold] wrote: We need decent new homes. Keep all options open including building on this notional green belt. Basildons plans to 2013 have a very minimal impact on green belt as far as I can see. We should be pushing the developers to build good homes with green spaces and public services.[/p][/quote]We need less people - we can concrete over the whole of SE Essex and the houses will get filled. Don't forget that a lot of Billericay expansion has already taken green fields in the past few decades. Madness![/p][/quote]What do you suggest..culling the Essex population? ThisYear
  • Score: 0

12:28pm Sat 1 Mar 14

Save what little greenbelt we have says...

Its about time Billericay residents stood together and demanded a move to another council! Basildon council doesn't care about wildlife, green belt or the people who enjoy it.

Billericay residents can attend the "Billericay town council" meeting and let the Councillors know exactly how they feel. The Billericay planning Councillors voted 8 to 2 in favor of building many new homes on the green belt behind outwood common road and outwood common farm.

meeting Details:
6th March @ 19:00
Billericay Day Centre
Chantry Way
High Street
CM11 2BB
Its about time Billericay residents stood together and demanded a move to another council! Basildon council doesn't care about wildlife, green belt or the people who enjoy it. Billericay residents can attend the "Billericay town council" meeting and let the Councillors know exactly how they feel. The Billericay planning Councillors voted 8 to 2 in favor of building many new homes on the green belt behind outwood common road and outwood common farm. meeting Details: 6th March @ 19:00 Billericay Day Centre Chantry Way High Street CM11 2BB Save what little greenbelt we have
  • Score: 3

1:38pm Sat 1 Mar 14

Kim Gandy says...

CHRISTMAS CAROL wrote:
People need houses not grass
Oh for heaven's sake.... what do we do then, keep building until there is nothing left but concrete and bricks.

Do you suggest they also build on flood plains, up mountain sides and everywhere there is even a hint of green?

People also need open spaces, they need parks, places to relax and repose and enjoy.

You may consider the countryside and green areas to be a pointless waste of space but others don't.

What's needed is a cap on immigration and for us to stop pandering to the EU.

Space isn't finite on this planet. It's common sense.

We are full, it's as simple as that. Everything has its capacity including this country and Essex, the most overpopulated county of all.

Perhaps you'd like us all to be packed in like sardines, eight or more to a house as well.

Where does it end?
[quote][p][bold]CHRISTMAS CAROL[/bold] wrote: People need houses not grass[/p][/quote]Oh for heaven's sake.... what do we do then, keep building until there is nothing left but concrete and bricks. Do you suggest they also build on flood plains, up mountain sides and everywhere there is even a hint of green? People also need open spaces, they need parks, places to relax and repose and enjoy. You may consider the countryside and green areas to be a pointless waste of space but others don't. What's needed is a cap on immigration and for us to stop pandering to the EU. Space isn't finite on this planet. It's common sense. We are full, it's as simple as that. Everything has its capacity including this country and Essex, the most overpopulated county of all. Perhaps you'd like us all to be packed in like sardines, eight or more to a house as well. Where does it end? Kim Gandy
  • Score: 3

1:39pm Sat 1 Mar 14

Kim Gandy says...

Howard Cháse wrote:
They will read out a statement.


dear residents of Billericay. Don't worry about greenspaces etc in Billericay being built on in this century. We have all the land we need in Basildon.


Keep voting for Ball and Blake.

Thank you.
And voting Labour will be any better? They will bring even more immigrants in and you'll have to whistle if you get pushed to the back of the queue.

Get real.
[quote][p][bold]Howard Cháse[/bold] wrote: They will read out a statement. dear residents of Billericay. Don't worry about greenspaces etc in Billericay being built on in this century. We have all the land we need in Basildon. Keep voting for Ball and Blake. Thank you.[/p][/quote]And voting Labour will be any better? They will bring even more immigrants in and you'll have to whistle if you get pushed to the back of the queue. Get real. Kim Gandy
  • Score: 1

1:55pm Sat 1 Mar 14

ThisYear says...

Kim Gandy wrote:
CHRISTMAS CAROL wrote:
People need houses not grass
Oh for heaven's sake.... what do we do then, keep building until there is nothing left but concrete and bricks.

Do you suggest they also build on flood plains, up mountain sides and everywhere there is even a hint of green?

People also need open spaces, they need parks, places to relax and repose and enjoy.

You may consider the countryside and green areas to be a pointless waste of space but others don't.

What's needed is a cap on immigration and for us to stop pandering to the EU.

Space isn't finite on this planet. It's common sense.

We are full, it's as simple as that. Everything has its capacity including this country and Essex, the most overpopulated county of all.

Perhaps you'd like us all to be packed in like sardines, eight or more to a house as well.

Where does it end?
** Space isn't finite on this planet. It's common sense.**

So you would be in favour of population reduction..
[quote][p][bold]Kim Gandy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]CHRISTMAS CAROL[/bold] wrote: People need houses not grass[/p][/quote]Oh for heaven's sake.... what do we do then, keep building until there is nothing left but concrete and bricks. Do you suggest they also build on flood plains, up mountain sides and everywhere there is even a hint of green? People also need open spaces, they need parks, places to relax and repose and enjoy. You may consider the countryside and green areas to be a pointless waste of space but others don't. What's needed is a cap on immigration and for us to stop pandering to the EU. Space isn't finite on this planet. It's common sense. We are full, it's as simple as that. Everything has its capacity including this country and Essex, the most overpopulated county of all. Perhaps you'd like us all to be packed in like sardines, eight or more to a house as well. Where does it end?[/p][/quote]** Space isn't finite on this planet. It's common sense.** So you would be in favour of population reduction.. ThisYear
  • Score: 2

4:45pm Sat 1 Mar 14

Howard Cháse says...

ThisYear wrote:
Kim Gandy wrote:
CHRISTMAS CAROL wrote:
People need houses not grass
Oh for heaven's sake.... what do we do then, keep building until there is nothing left but concrete and bricks.

Do you suggest they also build on flood plains, up mountain sides and everywhere there is even a hint of green?

People also need open spaces, they need parks, places to relax and repose and enjoy.

You may consider the countryside and green areas to be a pointless waste of space but others don't.

What's needed is a cap on immigration and for us to stop pandering to the EU.

Space isn't finite on this planet. It's common sense.

We are full, it's as simple as that. Everything has its capacity including this country and Essex, the most overpopulated county of all.

Perhaps you'd like us all to be packed in like sardines, eight or more to a house as well.

Where does it end?
** Space isn't finite on this planet. It's common sense.**

So you would be in favour of population reduction..
Everyone not born in Essex back to where they came from?
[quote][p][bold]ThisYear[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Kim Gandy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]CHRISTMAS CAROL[/bold] wrote: People need houses not grass[/p][/quote]Oh for heaven's sake.... what do we do then, keep building until there is nothing left but concrete and bricks. Do you suggest they also build on flood plains, up mountain sides and everywhere there is even a hint of green? People also need open spaces, they need parks, places to relax and repose and enjoy. You may consider the countryside and green areas to be a pointless waste of space but others don't. What's needed is a cap on immigration and for us to stop pandering to the EU. Space isn't finite on this planet. It's common sense. We are full, it's as simple as that. Everything has its capacity including this country and Essex, the most overpopulated county of all. Perhaps you'd like us all to be packed in like sardines, eight or more to a house as well. Where does it end?[/p][/quote]** Space isn't finite on this planet. It's common sense.** So you would be in favour of population reduction..[/p][/quote]Everyone not born in Essex back to where they came from? Howard Cháse
  • Score: 0

5:25pm Sat 1 Mar 14

ThisYear says...

Howard Cháse wrote:
ThisYear wrote:
Kim Gandy wrote:
CHRISTMAS CAROL wrote:
People need houses not grass
Oh for heaven's sake.... what do we do then, keep building until there is nothing left but concrete and bricks.

Do you suggest they also build on flood plains, up mountain sides and everywhere there is even a hint of green?

People also need open spaces, they need parks, places to relax and repose and enjoy.

You may consider the countryside and green areas to be a pointless waste of space but others don't.

What's needed is a cap on immigration and for us to stop pandering to the EU.

Space isn't finite on this planet. It's common sense.

We are full, it's as simple as that. Everything has its capacity including this country and Essex, the most overpopulated county of all.

Perhaps you'd like us all to be packed in like sardines, eight or more to a house as well.

Where does it end?
** Space isn't finite on this planet. It's common sense.**

So you would be in favour of population reduction..
Everyone not born in Essex back to where they came from?
Ecky-thump!
[quote][p][bold]Howard Cháse[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ThisYear[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Kim Gandy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]CHRISTMAS CAROL[/bold] wrote: People need houses not grass[/p][/quote]Oh for heaven's sake.... what do we do then, keep building until there is nothing left but concrete and bricks. Do you suggest they also build on flood plains, up mountain sides and everywhere there is even a hint of green? People also need open spaces, they need parks, places to relax and repose and enjoy. You may consider the countryside and green areas to be a pointless waste of space but others don't. What's needed is a cap on immigration and for us to stop pandering to the EU. Space isn't finite on this planet. It's common sense. We are full, it's as simple as that. Everything has its capacity including this country and Essex, the most overpopulated county of all. Perhaps you'd like us all to be packed in like sardines, eight or more to a house as well. Where does it end?[/p][/quote]** Space isn't finite on this planet. It's common sense.** So you would be in favour of population reduction..[/p][/quote]Everyone not born in Essex back to where they came from?[/p][/quote]Ecky-thump! ThisYear
  • Score: 1

1:26pm Mon 3 Mar 14

ThisYear says...

Might people have inferred there would be no building on greenbelt after the millions wasted on a former scrapyard?
Might people have inferred there would be no building on greenbelt after the millions wasted on a former scrapyard? ThisYear
  • Score: 0

1:37pm Mon 3 Mar 14

EthanEdwards says...

Some public meeting. I just found out about it today 3rd March when it's over. Public consultation my arse. I'm against it and will be attaending the TC meeting with my pitchfork and flaming torch..

6th March @ 19:00
Billericay Day Centre
Chantry Way
High Street
CM11 2BB
Some public meeting. I just found out about it today 3rd March when it's over. Public consultation my arse. I'm against it and will be attaending the TC meeting with my pitchfork and flaming torch.. 6th March @ 19:00 Billericay Day Centre Chantry Way High Street CM11 2BB EthanEdwards
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree