Woman wanted over unprovoked Rayleigh High Street attack which left victim with fractured elbow

Echo: The woman police want to speak to The woman police want to speak to

POLICE have released a CCTV image of a woman they want to speak to about an unprovoked attack in High Street, Rayleigh which left a woman with a fractured elbow.

A 21-year-old woman was walking along the street at 11.30pm on Saturday, December 7 last year, when someone came up behind her and pushed her to the ground and then kicked her.

The victim suffered a fractured elbow, cuts and bruises.

The suspect then got into a Mini Cooper which was driven away by a second person.

DC Shelley Utley said: "This appears to have been an unprovoked assault on a woman walking down the street.

“I have conducted numerous enquiries in connection with this investigation but to date no-one has been able to identify the assailant.

“She is described as white, around 20 years old, with blonde hair. On the night in question she was wearing a white shirt, black jacket, black leggings and flat shoes.”

The woman in the CCTV was caught on camera earlier that evening.

Anyone who recognises the woman or has any other information about the incident should call DC Utley at Southend Police Station on 101 or to ring Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Comments (14)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

8:33am Fri 21 Mar 14

pembury53 says...

'unprovoked'...... doubt it
'unprovoked'...... doubt it pembury53
  • Score: -18

9:34am Fri 21 Mar 14

DogsMessInLeigh says...

Is she Gurning.. or just busting to get in the Toilets..?
Is she Gurning.. or just busting to get in the Toilets..? DogsMessInLeigh
  • Score: 7

10:46am Fri 21 Mar 14

Howard Cháse says...

DogsMessInLeigh wrote:
Is she Gurning.. or just busting to get in the Toilets..?
She knows she's on camera so she's doing that horrible pouty thing women seem to think looks attractive.....
[quote][p][bold]DogsMessInLeigh[/bold] wrote: Is she Gurning.. or just busting to get in the Toilets..?[/p][/quote]She knows she's on camera so she's doing that horrible pouty thing women seem to think looks attractive..... Howard Cháse
  • Score: 6

11:18am Fri 21 Mar 14

rayleigh123 says...

Another casualty of the Friday / Saturday night feral economy.

Never a copper to seen after 9.00 pm.

.
.


.
.
Another casualty of the Friday / Saturday night feral economy. Never a copper to seen after 9.00 pm. . . . . rayleigh123
  • Score: 8

11:25am Fri 21 Mar 14

DogsMessInLeigh says...

with that bun on her head she looks like Aunt Flo from Bod.
with that bun on her head she looks like Aunt Flo from Bod. DogsMessInLeigh
  • Score: 8

12:17pm Fri 21 Mar 14

Kim Gandy says...

Rayleigh high street after dark and especially at weekends. No thanks.

And you'd never think it to look at the town during the day.

I hear it all from my flat, the shouting and bawling, rows, fisticuffs and loonytunes revving cars.

Another five years it will be like the Wild West.
Rayleigh high street after dark and especially at weekends. No thanks. And you'd never think it to look at the town during the day. I hear it all from my flat, the shouting and bawling, rows, fisticuffs and loonytunes revving cars. Another five years it will be like the Wild West. Kim Gandy
  • Score: 8

12:26pm Fri 21 Mar 14

DogsMessInLeigh says...

DogsMessInLeigh wrote:
with that bun on her head she looks like Aunt Flo from Bod.
no actually the large blondy one from How clean is your house..Kim Woodburn.
[quote][p][bold]DogsMessInLeigh[/bold] wrote: with that bun on her head she looks like Aunt Flo from Bod.[/p][/quote]no actually the large blondy one from How clean is your house..Kim Woodburn. DogsMessInLeigh
  • Score: 2

12:42pm Fri 21 Mar 14

rayleigh123 says...

Kim Gandy wrote:
Rayleigh high street after dark and especially at weekends. No thanks. And you'd never think it to look at the town during the day. I hear it all from my flat, the shouting and bawling, rows, fisticuffs and loonytunes revving cars. Another five years it will be like the Wild West.
Does anyone know whats going into the old school unifirm shop in Eastwood Road, ??? looked at outstanding planning permission but nothing there (all this does not mean much with RDC as Linx traded for 9 months without planning permission).

Hope its not another fast food shop.


.
.
[quote][p][bold]Kim Gandy[/bold] wrote: Rayleigh high street after dark and especially at weekends. No thanks. And you'd never think it to look at the town during the day. I hear it all from my flat, the shouting and bawling, rows, fisticuffs and loonytunes revving cars. Another five years it will be like the Wild West.[/p][/quote]Does anyone know whats going into the old school unifirm shop in Eastwood Road, ??? looked at outstanding planning permission but nothing there (all this does not mean much with RDC as Linx traded for 9 months without planning permission). Hope its not another fast food shop. . . rayleigh123
  • Score: 0

1:05pm Fri 21 Mar 14

TrevorO says...

rayleigh123 wrote:
Another casualty of the Friday / Saturday night feral economy.

Never a copper to seen after 9.00 pm.

.
.


.
.
I have seen them a few times doing shopping at TESCO. They have time for that.
[quote][p][bold]rayleigh123[/bold] wrote: Another casualty of the Friday / Saturday night feral economy. Never a copper to seen after 9.00 pm. . . . .[/p][/quote]I have seen them a few times doing shopping at TESCO. They have time for that. TrevorO
  • Score: 0

1:14pm Fri 21 Mar 14

wickdi says...

rayleigh123 wrote:
Kim Gandy wrote:
Rayleigh high street after dark and especially at weekends. No thanks. And you'd never think it to look at the town during the day. I hear it all from my flat, the shouting and bawling, rows, fisticuffs and loonytunes revving cars. Another five years it will be like the Wild West.
Does anyone know whats going into the old school unifirm shop in Eastwood Road, ??? looked at outstanding planning permission but nothing there (all this does not mean much with RDC as Linx traded for 9 months without planning permission).

Hope its not another fast food shop.


.
.
Its going to be a home interior store. So i'm guessing textiles and small furniture?
[quote][p][bold]rayleigh123[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Kim Gandy[/bold] wrote: Rayleigh high street after dark and especially at weekends. No thanks. And you'd never think it to look at the town during the day. I hear it all from my flat, the shouting and bawling, rows, fisticuffs and loonytunes revving cars. Another five years it will be like the Wild West.[/p][/quote]Does anyone know whats going into the old school unifirm shop in Eastwood Road, ??? looked at outstanding planning permission but nothing there (all this does not mean much with RDC as Linx traded for 9 months without planning permission). Hope its not another fast food shop. . .[/p][/quote]Its going to be a home interior store. So i'm guessing textiles and small furniture? wickdi
  • Score: 0

2:15pm Fri 21 Mar 14

carnmountyouknowitmakessense says...

Looks bad, reads bad, until one realises this is an isolated incident, amongst thousands of happy revellers, at Lynx, Blanco, Pink Tooth brush and the pubs and clubs.
Rayleigh has grown, from strength to strength, so stop the moaning, and look at it as just an isolated incident, which occurred, over three months ago.....
Looks bad, reads bad, until one realises this is an isolated incident, amongst thousands of happy revellers, at Lynx, Blanco, Pink Tooth brush and the pubs and clubs. Rayleigh has grown, from strength to strength, so stop the moaning, and look at it as just an isolated incident, which occurred, over three months ago..... carnmountyouknowitmakessense
  • Score: -8

4:25pm Fri 21 Mar 14

rayleigh123 says...

carnmountyouknowitma
kessense
wrote:
Looks bad, reads bad, until one realises this is an isolated incident, amongst thousands of happy revellers, at Lynx, Blanco, Pink Tooth brush and the pubs and clubs. Rayleigh has grown, from strength to strength, so stop the moaning, and look at it as just an isolated incident, which occurred, over three months ago.....
Unfortunately, this isolated incident happend virtually every week-end - yes the majority of people act normal, but a small percentage act like animals - don't be on Crown or London hill at around 3.00 a.m. - the shouting and language is terrible. NEVER a copper around

.
.
.
[quote][p][bold]carnmountyouknowitma kessense[/bold] wrote: Looks bad, reads bad, until one realises this is an isolated incident, amongst thousands of happy revellers, at Lynx, Blanco, Pink Tooth brush and the pubs and clubs. Rayleigh has grown, from strength to strength, so stop the moaning, and look at it as just an isolated incident, which occurred, over three months ago.....[/p][/quote]Unfortunately, this isolated incident happend virtually every week-end - yes the majority of people act normal, but a small percentage act like animals - don't be on Crown or London hill at around 3.00 a.m. - the shouting and language is terrible. NEVER a copper around . . . rayleigh123
  • Score: 8

5:10pm Fri 21 Mar 14

carnmountyouknowitmakessense says...

rayleigh123 wrote:
carnmountyouknowitma

kessense
wrote:
Looks bad, reads bad, until one realises this is an isolated incident, amongst thousands of happy revellers, at Lynx, Blanco, Pink Tooth brush and the pubs and clubs. Rayleigh has grown, from strength to strength, so stop the moaning, and look at it as just an isolated incident, which occurred, over three months ago.....
Unfortunately, this isolated incident happend virtually every week-end - yes the majority of people act normal, but a small percentage act like animals - don't be on Crown or London hill at around 3.00 a.m. - the shouting and language is terrible. NEVER a copper around

.
.
.
Who in their right mind, would want to be out at 3 A.M.
[quote][p][bold]rayleigh123[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]carnmountyouknowitma kessense[/bold] wrote: Looks bad, reads bad, until one realises this is an isolated incident, amongst thousands of happy revellers, at Lynx, Blanco, Pink Tooth brush and the pubs and clubs. Rayleigh has grown, from strength to strength, so stop the moaning, and look at it as just an isolated incident, which occurred, over three months ago.....[/p][/quote]Unfortunately, this isolated incident happend virtually every week-end - yes the majority of people act normal, but a small percentage act like animals - don't be on Crown or London hill at around 3.00 a.m. - the shouting and language is terrible. NEVER a copper around . . .[/p][/quote]Who in their right mind, would want to be out at 3 A.M. carnmountyouknowitmakessense
  • Score: -7

5:56pm Fri 21 Mar 14

pembury53 says...

carnmountyouknowitma
kessense
wrote:
Looks bad, reads bad, until one realises this is an isolated incident, amongst thousands of happy revellers, at Lynx, Blanco, Pink Tooth brush and the pubs and clubs.
Rayleigh has grown, from strength to strength, so stop the moaning, and look at it as just an isolated incident, which occurred, over three months ago.....
isolated, and premeditated, with an accomplice....
[quote][p][bold]carnmountyouknowitma kessense[/bold] wrote: Looks bad, reads bad, until one realises this is an isolated incident, amongst thousands of happy revellers, at Lynx, Blanco, Pink Tooth brush and the pubs and clubs. Rayleigh has grown, from strength to strength, so stop the moaning, and look at it as just an isolated incident, which occurred, over three months ago.....[/p][/quote]isolated, and premeditated, with an accomplice.... pembury53
  • Score: -7

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree