Do you know these Southend United fans who stormed the Burton Albion stand during League Two play off final?

Do you know these Southend fans who stormed the Burton stand?

Do you know these Southend fans who stormed the Burton stand?

Do you know these Southend fans who stormed the Burton stand?

First published in News by

THREE men are wanted by police after a pitch invasion at Southend United.

After The Shrimpers’ blowing defeat against Burton Albion in the League Two play-off final fans stormed the pitch to console the players.

The Blues drew 2-2 during the match on Saturday May 17 but the aggregate was 2-3 so missed out on a trip to Wembley.

About 100 fans ran into the Burton Albion stand with some being threatening and abusive to the away fans.

Officers have identified the majority of people but still do not know the names of three men, pictured.

Anyone with information on the identity of these men should call the football investigation unit at Basildon police station on 101.

Comments (19)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

12:50pm Mon 16 Jun 14

pembury53 says...

these 3 lads should be applauded, for their vociferous support, not hunted like common criminals.......
these 3 lads should be applauded, for their vociferous support, not hunted like common criminals....... pembury53
  • Score: -22

1:01pm Mon 16 Jun 14

born and raised criminal says...

pembury53 wrote:
these 3 lads should be applauded, for their vociferous support, not hunted like common criminals.......
I agree. Whats wrong with a pitch invasion? It's just a bit of banter. No harm was caused. Fuuck the police and all the do gooders that disagree with me.
[quote][p][bold]pembury53[/bold] wrote: these 3 lads should be applauded, for their vociferous support, not hunted like common criminals.......[/p][/quote]I agree. Whats wrong with a pitch invasion? It's just a bit of banter. No harm was caused. Fuuck the police and all the do gooders that disagree with me. born and raised criminal
  • Score: -18

1:10pm Mon 16 Jun 14

supermadmax says...

Leave them alone.
Leave them alone. supermadmax
  • Score: -12

1:28pm Mon 16 Jun 14

Howard Cháse says...

ICF wannabees especially the Clearasil Kid. Proper football hard nuts would be playing join the dots on his spotty chin....
ICF wannabees especially the Clearasil Kid. Proper football hard nuts would be playing join the dots on his spotty chin.... Howard Cháse
  • Score: 12

4:04pm Mon 16 Jun 14

the25man says...

How come you get really good pictures from football ground but stop lifters such a poor picture even there mother wouldn't recognize them. Shows what priority are given to whom
How come you get really good pictures from football ground but stop lifters such a poor picture even there mother wouldn't recognize them. Shows what priority are given to whom the25man
  • Score: 14

4:32pm Mon 16 Jun 14

Southend Andy says...

Probably find out they don't actually support Southend United & are just some idiots who want a fight.
Probably find out they don't actually support Southend United & are just some idiots who want a fight. Southend Andy
  • Score: 10

4:34pm Mon 16 Jun 14

Bosniavet says...

pembury53 wrote:
these 3 lads should be applauded, for their vociferous support, not hunted like common criminals.......
Please read the story, these are not the fans that surged onto the pitch to commiserate with the players these were, to quote the story, part of "About 100 fans (who) ran into the Burton Albion stand with some being threatening and abusive to the away fans." That is why they the constabulary wish to speak to them, not for vociferous of their football team.....
[quote][p][bold]pembury53[/bold] wrote: these 3 lads should be applauded, for their vociferous support, not hunted like common criminals.......[/p][/quote]Please read the story, these are not the fans that surged onto the pitch to commiserate with the players these were, to quote the story, part of "About 100 fans (who) ran into the Burton Albion stand with some being threatening and abusive to the away fans." That is why they the constabulary wish to speak to them, not for vociferous of their football team..... Bosniavet
  • Score: 13

5:29pm Mon 16 Jun 14

Nelly99 says...

Can all SUFC fans please meet in the phone box at the bottom of Fairfax Drive. All 5 of you!.
Can all SUFC fans please meet in the phone box at the bottom of Fairfax Drive. All 5 of you!. Nelly99
  • Score: -7

5:37pm Mon 16 Jun 14

born and raised criminal says...

the25man wrote:
How come you get really good pictures from football ground but stop lifters such a poor picture even there mother wouldn't recognize them. Shows what priority are given to whom
Stop lifters? That's a new one.
[quote][p][bold]the25man[/bold] wrote: How come you get really good pictures from football ground but stop lifters such a poor picture even there mother wouldn't recognize them. Shows what priority are given to whom[/p][/quote]Stop lifters? That's a new one. born and raised criminal
  • Score: 2

5:37pm Mon 16 Jun 14

born and raised criminal says...

the25man wrote:
How come you get really good pictures from football ground but stop lifters such a poor picture even there mother wouldn't recognize them. Shows what priority are given to whom
Stop lifters? That's a new one.
[quote][p][bold]the25man[/bold] wrote: How come you get really good pictures from football ground but stop lifters such a poor picture even there mother wouldn't recognize them. Shows what priority are given to whom[/p][/quote]Stop lifters? That's a new one. born and raised criminal
  • Score: 0

6:07pm Mon 16 Jun 14

Nowthatsworthknowing says...

Give the spotty oiks a life ban from watching football
Give the spotty oiks a life ban from watching football Nowthatsworthknowing
  • Score: 6

7:21pm Mon 16 Jun 14

white_van_ man says...

Probably thought a lifetime ban is better than watching that old tripe on the pitch. Good on you lads
Probably thought a lifetime ban is better than watching that old tripe on the pitch. Good on you lads white_van_ man
  • Score: -3

7:31am Tue 17 Jun 14

CaptainBlackadder says...

Nelly99 wrote:
Can all SUFC fans please meet in the phone box at the bottom of Fairfax Drive. All 5 of you!.
Spoken like a true sky tv watching premiership plastic 'fan'
[quote][p][bold]Nelly99[/bold] wrote: Can all SUFC fans please meet in the phone box at the bottom of Fairfax Drive. All 5 of you!.[/p][/quote]Spoken like a true sky tv watching premiership plastic 'fan' CaptainBlackadder
  • Score: 9

9:42am Tue 17 Jun 14

pembury53 says...

Bosniavet wrote:
pembury53 wrote: these 3 lads should be applauded, for their vociferous support, not hunted like common criminals.......
Please read the story, these are not the fans that surged onto the pitch to commiserate with the players these were, to quote the story, part of "About 100 fans (who) ran into the Burton Albion stand with some being threatening and abusive to the away fans." That is why they the constabulary wish to speak to them, not for vociferous of their football team.....
I did read it ! being threatening and abusive is all par for the course in football, particularly when you just missed out on promotion ! those poor lads must have been absolutely gutted, and I think the only reason the police should want to talk to them would be to praise them for showing admirable restraint, its not as if anyone got hurt, just a bit of banter surely.......
[quote][p][bold]Bosniavet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]pembury53[/bold] wrote: these 3 lads should be applauded, for their vociferous support, not hunted like common criminals.......[/p][/quote]Please read the story, these are not the fans that surged onto the pitch to commiserate with the players these were, to quote the story, part of "About 100 fans (who) ran into the Burton Albion stand with some being threatening and abusive to the away fans." That is why they the constabulary wish to speak to them, not for vociferous of their football team.....[/p][/quote]I did read it ! being threatening and abusive is all par for the course in football, particularly when you just missed out on promotion ! those poor lads must have been absolutely gutted, and I think the only reason the police should want to talk to them would be to praise them for showing admirable restraint, its not as if anyone got hurt, just a bit of banter surely....... pembury53
  • Score: -2

10:12am Tue 17 Jun 14

Nelly99 says...

CaptainBlackadder wrote:
Nelly99 wrote: Can all SUFC fans please meet in the phone box at the bottom of Fairfax Drive. All 5 of you!.
Spoken like a true sky tv watching premiership plastic 'fan'
Not at all. In fact I support my local park team and stand out in all weather following them, home and away. I wouldn't have Sky if it was free and I wouldn't pay £20 to watch 4th Division football.
[quote][p][bold]CaptainBlackadder[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Nelly99[/bold] wrote: Can all SUFC fans please meet in the phone box at the bottom of Fairfax Drive. All 5 of you!.[/p][/quote]Spoken like a true sky tv watching premiership plastic 'fan'[/p][/quote]Not at all. In fact I support my local park team and stand out in all weather following them, home and away. I wouldn't have Sky if it was free and I wouldn't pay £20 to watch 4th Division football. Nelly99
  • Score: -2

6:38pm Tue 17 Jun 14

tophat27dt says...

I wouldn't want to be in a pub near them. Not fans. Mere thugs.
I wouldn't want to be in a pub near them. Not fans. Mere thugs. tophat27dt
  • Score: 1

8:08pm Tue 17 Jun 14

CaptainBlackadder says...

Nelly99 wrote:
CaptainBlackadder wrote:
Nelly99 wrote: Can all SUFC fans please meet in the phone box at the bottom of Fairfax Drive. All 5 of you!.
Spoken like a true sky tv watching premiership plastic 'fan'
Not at all. In fact I support my local park team and stand out in all weather following them, home and away. I wouldn't have Sky if it was free and I wouldn't pay £20 to watch 4th Division football.
So why the dig at the local teams supporters? It's not their fault you won't pay to watch and as for 4th division there is no such thing so do try to get your facts right next time otherwise you show your ignorance.
[quote][p][bold]Nelly99[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]CaptainBlackadder[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Nelly99[/bold] wrote: Can all SUFC fans please meet in the phone box at the bottom of Fairfax Drive. All 5 of you!.[/p][/quote]Spoken like a true sky tv watching premiership plastic 'fan'[/p][/quote]Not at all. In fact I support my local park team and stand out in all weather following them, home and away. I wouldn't have Sky if it was free and I wouldn't pay £20 to watch 4th Division football.[/p][/quote]So why the dig at the local teams supporters? It's not their fault you won't pay to watch and as for 4th division there is no such thing so do try to get your facts right next time otherwise you show your ignorance. CaptainBlackadder
  • Score: -2

10:58pm Tue 17 Jun 14

Rachie says...

If you read the League 2 boards on FB then The Burton Albion fans refute this. They claim about 3 kids made rude gestures at them from the pitch.

I was at that match, and the police and stewards formed a strong barrier in front of the Away stand, in case something happened.

There WAS a pitch invasion, but many of the fans stood and applauded the Burton Albion fans, and commiserated with the players.

This has been blown out of proportion.
If you read the League 2 boards on FB then The Burton Albion fans refute this. They claim about 3 kids made rude gestures at them from the pitch. I was at that match, and the police and stewards formed a strong barrier in front of the Away stand, in case something happened. There WAS a pitch invasion, but many of the fans stood and applauded the Burton Albion fans, and commiserated with the players. This has been blown out of proportion. Rachie
  • Score: 2

10:01am Wed 18 Jun 14

Nelly99 says...

CaptainBlackadder wrote:
Nelly99 wrote:
CaptainBlackadder wrote:
Nelly99 wrote: Can all SUFC fans please meet in the phone box at the bottom of Fairfax Drive. All 5 of you!.
Spoken like a true sky tv watching premiership plastic 'fan'
Not at all. In fact I support my local park team and stand out in all weather following them, home and away. I wouldn't have Sky if it was free and I wouldn't pay £20 to watch 4th Division football.
So why the dig at the local teams supporters? It's not their fault you won't pay to watch and as for 4th division there is no such thing so do try to get your facts right next time otherwise you show your ignorance.
Not sure these people are true fans and yes of course I know there is no 4th division but I always remember SUFC as being bottom of the old 4th division and that is where they remain as far as I can tell. I would like them to do well but the golden days of Tilly and Brush are gone. As for ignorance, well I think you,ve got that covered. I was employing a little literary licence to spice up the post. Wasted on you obviously.
[quote][p][bold]CaptainBlackadder[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Nelly99[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]CaptainBlackadder[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Nelly99[/bold] wrote: Can all SUFC fans please meet in the phone box at the bottom of Fairfax Drive. All 5 of you!.[/p][/quote]Spoken like a true sky tv watching premiership plastic 'fan'[/p][/quote]Not at all. In fact I support my local park team and stand out in all weather following them, home and away. I wouldn't have Sky if it was free and I wouldn't pay £20 to watch 4th Division football.[/p][/quote]So why the dig at the local teams supporters? It's not their fault you won't pay to watch and as for 4th division there is no such thing so do try to get your facts right next time otherwise you show your ignorance.[/p][/quote]Not sure these people are true fans and yes of course I know there is no 4th division but I always remember SUFC as being bottom of the old 4th division and that is where they remain as far as I can tell. I would like them to do well but the golden days of Tilly and Brush are gone. As for ignorance, well I think you,ve got that covered. I was employing a little literary licence to spice up the post. Wasted on you obviously. Nelly99
  • Score: -1

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree