Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting ECHONEWS to 80360, or email us »
Firefighters attend bathroom blaze in Westcliff
1:52pm Friday 18th October 2013 in News
FIREFIGHTERS were called to extinguish a bathroom fire in Westcliff caused by an electrical fault.
Fire crews from Leigh and Southend attended the blaze, on Genesta Road, after receiving a call at around 9.30am today.
The blaze was caused by an electrical extractor fan in the bathroom which caught alight, spreading to the shower curtain and plastic bath panel.
A spokeman from Leigh fire station said the blaze was ‘quite small’, and added, ‘there was a lot of smoke’.
Crews wore breathing apparatus and used a hose reel to extinguish the fire, which was put out by approximately 10.10am, and a high pressure fan was used to clear the flat of smoke.
A women and a three-year-old child received treatment from an ambulance crew after suffering smoke inhalation.
A spokesperson from the East of England Ambulance Service confirmed one person was taken to hospital.
Comments are closed on this article.