Kitchen fire in Leigh

Echo: Kitchen fire in Leigh Kitchen fire in Leigh

A MOTHER and two young children escaped a house fire this morning.

The family was woken by the smoke alarm sounding.

Fire crews from Southend and Leigh were called to Nelson Drive, Leigh at 7.20am.

The fire which was started by a faulty tumble dryer was contained to the kitchen, but the whole house was blackened by smoke. 

 

 

Comments (2)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

6:35pm Mon 16 Dec 13

Tich25 says...

Bet she didnt clean out the filter
Bet she didnt clean out the filter Tich25

10:14pm Mon 16 Dec 13

DogsMessInLeigh says...

thats 2 today, one in Southend also.
thats 2 today, one in Southend also. DogsMessInLeigh

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree