Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting ECHONEWS to 80360, or email us »
Castle Point Council: Have your say on 4,000 homes plan
RESIDENTS can have their say on plans for 4,000 homes in Castle Point.
Residents will be asked for their opinion on the 255-page document, which sets out sites where the properties will be built over the next 17 years.
An eight-week consultation gives people in the area the chance to have their say about the proposals.
The council is also holding advice sessions where officers will explain the details of the plan.
These will take place on:
- Tuesday, February 11, between 4pm and 4pm at the council offices in Kiln Road, Thundersley
- Thursday, February 13, between 4pm and 7pm at Waterside Farm Leisure Centre, in Somnes Avenue, Canvey
- Wednesday, February 19, from 10am to 4pm at the Hadleigh Regeneration Shop in High Street, Hadleigh
- Tuesday, February 25, from 4pm and 7pm at the council offices in Kiln Road, Thundersley
- On Thursday, February 27, from 10am to 4pm at the Canvey Regeneration Shop in the Knightswick Centre, on Canvey.
Over the coming weeks, all households and businesses will receive a leaflet and questionnaire by post giving them the opportunity to have their say.
Alternatively, residents can put forward their views online by visiting http://castlepoint.limehouse.co.uk/portal/planning/nlp.
The consultation finishes on March 21.
Pam Challis, leader of the council, said: “Consultation on the draft Local Plan is starting.
“Your views are important to us and I would encourage all residents to let us have your comments on this plan to provide homes and jobs for our community over the next twenty years.”
Comments are closed on this article.