Residents call for Council action on flooded road

Echo: Ankle deep in water – Sarah Berry in Rebels Lane, Great Wakering Ankle deep in water – Sarah Berry in Rebels Lane, Great Wakering

RESIDENTS of a flooded road are calling for action from Southend Council after putting up with treacherous conditions for more than a month.

Parts of Rebels Lane, in Great Wakering, have been under water since before Christmas.

Sarah Berry, 39, of New Cottages, at the bottom of the road, said it was a nightmare.

She added: “We’re completely stuck. We were managing to get out until quite recently, but it’s now so deep I can’t get my car out any more.

“There’s a lot more planning involved if you want to go anywhere. I’m really worried about the cars – my brother’s a mechanic and said if I get so much as a cup of water in the engine it will really damage it.”

Sarah has two children – nine-year-old Adam, and Megan, 12.

She has been calling the council since the flooding began, and says little has been done to help.

Sarah said: “I’ve been ringing the council about this since it started. Last week it came out with a lorry to pump a bit out in the field near me, but it hasn’t made any difference.”

Comments (36)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

7:39am Tue 4 Feb 14

Thames Gateway says...

I always thought that Rebels Lane was an unadopted road - is this not the case any more?
I always thought that Rebels Lane was an unadopted road - is this not the case any more? Thames Gateway

7:39am Tue 4 Feb 14

You'dfeelbetterforknowingthat says...

The council have areas of priority, when it comes to flood drainage,this road isn't on the list, 1) it's a country lane, 2) the road is in a sunken location, without the possibility of natural drainage, 3) even if the water was pumped out into nearby fields, which are already sodden, the water would simply return.
In other words, if you want a utopia to live in, dont live by a sunken road, out of town. It's winter, foul weather occurs, had it have been snow, what would they do, sweep it?
The council have areas of priority, when it comes to flood drainage,this road isn't on the list, 1) it's a country lane, 2) the road is in a sunken location, without the possibility of natural drainage, 3) even if the water was pumped out into nearby fields, which are already sodden, the water would simply return. In other words, if you want a utopia to live in, dont live by a sunken road, out of town. It's winter, foul weather occurs, had it have been snow, what would they do, sweep it? You'dfeelbetterforknowingthat

8:00am Tue 4 Feb 14

Kim Gandy says...

You'dfeelbetterforkn
owingthat
wrote:
The council have areas of priority, when it comes to flood drainage,this road isn't on the list, 1) it's a country lane, 2) the road is in a sunken location, without the possibility of natural drainage, 3) even if the water was pumped out into nearby fields, which are already sodden, the water would simply return.
In other words, if you want a utopia to live in, dont live by a sunken road, out of town. It's winter, foul weather occurs, had it have been snow, what would they do, sweep it?
Ridiculous comment as usual, with the usual "pull the ladder up Jack, I'm all right" attitude.

Nothing to do with utopia. Dwellings have been there for some time, centuries even - and yet this is the wettest start to a year since records began in 1910.

I daresay this is an unprecedented level of rain and people who live in flood areas have probably never experienced this level of deluge.

Unadopted or not, people have a perfect right to be able to get in and out of their properties.

They manage in other countries to deal with extreme weather and have measures in place so why not here.

If Essex County Council stopped chucking money away on "minority" projects they'd have more available to sort out emergencies like this.

Oh and isn't it a bit early in the day for you to be getting "likes" on your comments?

You are an expert on everything that knows nothing. Pack it in picking on undeserving people all the time.
[quote][p][bold]You'dfeelbetterforkn owingthat[/bold] wrote: The council have areas of priority, when it comes to flood drainage,this road isn't on the list, 1) it's a country lane, 2) the road is in a sunken location, without the possibility of natural drainage, 3) even if the water was pumped out into nearby fields, which are already sodden, the water would simply return. In other words, if you want a utopia to live in, dont live by a sunken road, out of town. It's winter, foul weather occurs, had it have been snow, what would they do, sweep it?[/p][/quote]Ridiculous comment as usual, with the usual "pull the ladder up Jack, I'm all right" attitude. Nothing to do with utopia. Dwellings have been there for some time, centuries even - and yet this is the wettest start to a year since records began in 1910. I daresay this is an unprecedented level of rain and people who live in flood areas have probably never experienced this level of deluge. Unadopted or not, people have a perfect right to be able to get in and out of their properties. They manage in other countries to deal with extreme weather and have measures in place so why not here. If Essex County Council stopped chucking money away on "minority" projects they'd have more available to sort out emergencies like this. Oh and isn't it a bit early in the day for you to be getting "likes" on your comments? You are an expert on everything that knows nothing. Pack it in picking on undeserving people all the time. Kim Gandy

8:00am Tue 4 Feb 14

Nebs says...

I wonder if we can look forward to weather like this, or worse, every winter.
I wonder if we can look forward to weather like this, or worse, every winter. Nebs

8:16am Tue 4 Feb 14

You'dfeelbetterforknowingthat says...

Kim Gandy wrote:
You'dfeelbetterforkn

owingthat
wrote:
The council have areas of priority, when it comes to flood drainage,this road isn't on the list, 1) it's a country lane, 2) the road is in a sunken location, without the possibility of natural drainage, 3) even if the water was pumped out into nearby fields, which are already sodden, the water would simply return.
In other words, if you want a utopia to live in, dont live by a sunken road, out of town. It's winter, foul weather occurs, had it have been snow, what would they do, sweep it?
Ridiculous comment as usual, with the usual "pull the ladder up Jack, I'm all right" attitude.

Nothing to do with utopia. Dwellings have been there for some time, centuries even - and yet this is the wettest start to a year since records began in 1910.

I daresay this is an unprecedented level of rain and people who live in flood areas have probably never experienced this level of deluge.

Unadopted or not, people have a perfect right to be able to get in and out of their properties.

They manage in other countries to deal with extreme weather and have measures in place so why not here.

If Essex County Council stopped chucking money away on "minority" projects they'd have more available to sort out emergencies like this.

Oh and isn't it a bit early in the day for you to be getting "likes" on your comments?

You are an expert on everything that knows nothing. Pack it in picking on undeserving people all the time.
OK I will pick on you, as 1) your not a minority in fact so popular with your daily vile bile, you find it acceptable to rubbish anyone who's not in your party 2) living in a flat high up and thus unaffected by such drainage issues, 3) living out in the sticks, as these rebel dwellers do, flooding has always occurred, want it fixed? quad the council tax.
[quote][p][bold]Kim Gandy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]You'dfeelbetterforkn owingthat[/bold] wrote: The council have areas of priority, when it comes to flood drainage,this road isn't on the list, 1) it's a country lane, 2) the road is in a sunken location, without the possibility of natural drainage, 3) even if the water was pumped out into nearby fields, which are already sodden, the water would simply return. In other words, if you want a utopia to live in, dont live by a sunken road, out of town. It's winter, foul weather occurs, had it have been snow, what would they do, sweep it?[/p][/quote]Ridiculous comment as usual, with the usual "pull the ladder up Jack, I'm all right" attitude. Nothing to do with utopia. Dwellings have been there for some time, centuries even - and yet this is the wettest start to a year since records began in 1910. I daresay this is an unprecedented level of rain and people who live in flood areas have probably never experienced this level of deluge. Unadopted or not, people have a perfect right to be able to get in and out of their properties. They manage in other countries to deal with extreme weather and have measures in place so why not here. If Essex County Council stopped chucking money away on "minority" projects they'd have more available to sort out emergencies like this. Oh and isn't it a bit early in the day for you to be getting "likes" on your comments? You are an expert on everything that knows nothing. Pack it in picking on undeserving people all the time.[/p][/quote]OK I will pick on you, as 1) your not a minority in fact so popular with your daily vile bile, you find it acceptable to rubbish anyone who's not in your party 2) living in a flat high up and thus unaffected by such drainage issues, 3) living out in the sticks, as these rebel dwellers do, flooding has always occurred, want it fixed? quad the council tax. You'dfeelbetterforknowingthat

8:18am Tue 4 Feb 14

You'dfeelbetterforknowingthat says...

Nebs wrote:
I wonder if we can look forward to weather like this, or worse, every winter.
Global warming, caused by the greed of the populas
[quote][p][bold]Nebs[/bold] wrote: I wonder if we can look forward to weather like this, or worse, every winter.[/p][/quote]Global warming, caused by the greed of the populas You'dfeelbetterforknowingthat

8:24am Tue 4 Feb 14

You'dfeelbetterforknowingthat says...

Thames Gateway wrote:
I always thought that Rebels Lane was an unadopted road - is this not the case any more?
Private Road, those living there dont contribute, therefore they dont count
[quote][p][bold]Thames Gateway[/bold] wrote: I always thought that Rebels Lane was an unadopted road - is this not the case any more?[/p][/quote]Private Road, those living there dont contribute, therefore they dont count You'dfeelbetterforknowingthat

9:04am Tue 4 Feb 14

Kim Gandy says...

You'dfeelbetterforkn
owingthat
wrote:
Nebs wrote:
I wonder if we can look forward to weather like this, or worse, every winter.
Global warming, caused by the greed of the populas
Cobblers! Global warming has been going on for millennia and has nothing to do with any human being.

If you fall for that rubbish you're dafter than I thought.

The earth has gone through several ice ages and warm periods and there is evidence of it all round the coastline, particularly Dorset.

You can't just blame everything on global warming.

Try educating yourself. Ever heard of the Great Global Warming Swindle, book and film.

If you ever bothered to research anything at all you would realise that the current scaremongering is the joint effort of both politicians and scientists with a liberal sprinkling of brown envelopes, in order to get us to pay more stealth taxes.

God, some people are so gullible and believe everything they read - which I might add has been proved to me time and time again on this very website.
[quote][p][bold]You'dfeelbetterforkn owingthat[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Nebs[/bold] wrote: I wonder if we can look forward to weather like this, or worse, every winter.[/p][/quote]Global warming, caused by the greed of the populas[/p][/quote]Cobblers! Global warming has been going on for millennia and has nothing to do with any human being. If you fall for that rubbish you're dafter than I thought. The earth has gone through several ice ages and warm periods and there is evidence of it all round the coastline, particularly Dorset. You can't just blame everything on global warming. Try educating yourself. Ever heard of the Great Global Warming Swindle, book and film. If you ever bothered to research anything at all you would realise that the current scaremongering is the joint effort of both politicians and scientists with a liberal sprinkling of brown envelopes, in order to get us to pay more stealth taxes. God, some people are so gullible and believe everything they read - which I might add has been proved to me time and time again on this very website. Kim Gandy

9:05am Tue 4 Feb 14

Kim Gandy says...

You'dfeelbetterforkn
owingthat
wrote:
Thames Gateway wrote:
I always thought that Rebels Lane was an unadopted road - is this not the case any more?
Private Road, those living there dont contribute, therefore they dont count
once again, startling arrogance and ignorance.

I live in a private road but pay full council tax.

So wrong again.

Stop embarrassing yourself.
[quote][p][bold]You'dfeelbetterforkn owingthat[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Thames Gateway[/bold] wrote: I always thought that Rebels Lane was an unadopted road - is this not the case any more?[/p][/quote]Private Road, those living there dont contribute, therefore they dont count[/p][/quote]once again, startling arrogance and ignorance. I live in a private road but pay full council tax. So wrong again. Stop embarrassing yourself. Kim Gandy

9:14am Tue 4 Feb 14

You'dfeelbetterforknowingthat says...

Kim Gandy wrote:
You'dfeelbetterforkn

owingthat
wrote:
Nebs wrote:
I wonder if we can look forward to weather like this, or worse, every winter.
Global warming, caused by the greed of the populas
Cobblers! Global warming has been going on for millennia and has nothing to do with any human being.

If you fall for that rubbish you're dafter than I thought.

The earth has gone through several ice ages and warm periods and there is evidence of it all round the coastline, particularly Dorset.

You can't just blame everything on global warming.

Try educating yourself. Ever heard of the Great Global Warming Swindle, book and film.

If you ever bothered to research anything at all you would realise that the current scaremongering is the joint effort of both politicians and scientists with a liberal sprinkling of brown envelopes, in order to get us to pay more stealth taxes.

God, some people are so gullible and believe everything they read - which I might add has been proved to me time and time again on this very website.
Crawl back to your Blanco flat
[quote][p][bold]Kim Gandy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]You'dfeelbetterforkn owingthat[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Nebs[/bold] wrote: I wonder if we can look forward to weather like this, or worse, every winter.[/p][/quote]Global warming, caused by the greed of the populas[/p][/quote]Cobblers! Global warming has been going on for millennia and has nothing to do with any human being. If you fall for that rubbish you're dafter than I thought. The earth has gone through several ice ages and warm periods and there is evidence of it all round the coastline, particularly Dorset. You can't just blame everything on global warming. Try educating yourself. Ever heard of the Great Global Warming Swindle, book and film. If you ever bothered to research anything at all you would realise that the current scaremongering is the joint effort of both politicians and scientists with a liberal sprinkling of brown envelopes, in order to get us to pay more stealth taxes. God, some people are so gullible and believe everything they read - which I might add has been proved to me time and time again on this very website.[/p][/quote]Crawl back to your Blanco flat You'dfeelbetterforknowingthat

9:27am Tue 4 Feb 14

profondo asbo says...

if the residents are that worried they should get off their backsides and do something about it. a cheap butt pump and a couple of buckets on ebay - problem solved. failing that get down to tylers avenue for some cheap labour.
if the residents are that worried they should get off their backsides and do something about it. a cheap butt pump and a couple of buckets on ebay - problem solved. failing that get down to tylers avenue for some cheap labour. profondo asbo

9:40am Tue 4 Feb 14

You'dfeelbetterforknowingthat says...

profondo asbo wrote:
if the residents are that worried they should get off their backsides and do something about it. a cheap butt pump and a couple of buckets on ebay - problem solved. failing that get down to tylers avenue for some cheap labour.
No I'll just stand in it and act like a dumb ___
[quote][p][bold]profondo asbo[/bold] wrote: if the residents are that worried they should get off their backsides and do something about it. a cheap butt pump and a couple of buckets on ebay - problem solved. failing that get down to tylers avenue for some cheap labour.[/p][/quote]No I'll just stand in it and act like a dumb ___ You'dfeelbetterforknowingthat

10:31am Tue 4 Feb 14

88crow says...

For all those nasty comments go somewhere else!!its not a private road!!i lived there for 24 years and my parents all their lives!!this has caused major problems as my mum is recovering from major surgery following cancer,nurses couldnt get down the lane. She now has an infection as lack of communication & needed an ambulance Saturday!!!!when i rung the council they really didnt care!!& as for buckets its really passed that point...apprently five industrial lorries wont clear it so buckets really wont!!!dont make nasty comments unless you understand what this is doing to peoples lives!!!
For all those nasty comments go somewhere else!!its not a private road!!i lived there for 24 years and my parents all their lives!!this has caused major problems as my mum is recovering from major surgery following cancer,nurses couldnt get down the lane. She now has an infection as lack of communication & needed an ambulance Saturday!!!!when i rung the council they really didnt care!!& as for buckets its really passed that point...apprently five industrial lorries wont clear it so buckets really wont!!!dont make nasty comments unless you understand what this is doing to peoples lives!!! 88crow

10:45am Tue 4 Feb 14

RochfordRob says...

So you live in a low lying area within a known flood zone, and after five lorries attempted to clear it and failed you are still complaining. You cannot complain that no-one tried.

It's weather I'm afraid. There is no one to blame.
So you live in a low lying area within a known flood zone, and after five lorries attempted to clear it and failed you are still complaining. You cannot complain that no-one tried. It's weather I'm afraid. There is no one to blame. RochfordRob

11:01am Tue 4 Feb 14

cheekycherry says...

Kim Gandy wrote:
You'dfeelbetterforkn

owingthat
wrote:
Thames Gateway wrote:
I always thought that Rebels Lane was an unadopted road - is this not the case any more?
Private Road, those living there dont contribute, therefore they dont count
once again, startling arrogance and ignorance.

I live in a private road but pay full council tax.

So wrong again.

Stop embarrassing yourself.
Kim Gandy is right, I also live on a private road and my council tax contribution is high. I probably pay a lot more than you, I'm also contributing to public seating areas, lighting, pavements and road maintenance none of which I benefit from, so check out your facts first.
[quote][p][bold]Kim Gandy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]You'dfeelbetterforkn owingthat[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Thames Gateway[/bold] wrote: I always thought that Rebels Lane was an unadopted road - is this not the case any more?[/p][/quote]Private Road, those living there dont contribute, therefore they dont count[/p][/quote]once again, startling arrogance and ignorance. I live in a private road but pay full council tax. So wrong again. Stop embarrassing yourself.[/p][/quote]Kim Gandy is right, I also live on a private road and my council tax contribution is high. I probably pay a lot more than you, I'm also contributing to public seating areas, lighting, pavements and road maintenance none of which I benefit from, so check out your facts first. cheekycherry

11:06am Tue 4 Feb 14

88crow says...

No RochfordRob they werent willing to get 5 lorries!!!!no one tried anything!!!!
No RochfordRob they werent willing to get 5 lorries!!!!no one tried anything!!!! 88crow

11:11am Tue 4 Feb 14

88crow says...

I agree with you its weather!!well known flood zone or not the council should do something as its very dangerous...no argument there!!rather than someonetelling me to get a nurse with a 4x4 to get to mum...do they realise how much they get paid. JOKERS!!!
I agree with you its weather!!well known flood zone or not the council should do something as its very dangerous...no argument there!!rather than someonetelling me to get a nurse with a 4x4 to get to mum...do they realise how much they get paid. JOKERS!!! 88crow

12:01pm Tue 4 Feb 14

Jack222 says...

Is it a private road then the council can not legally deal with it. Or is it a normal road?

And global warming exists and is man made BUT the earth has also had periods when it is has got hotter / colder - it's not an either or choice... IF we ignore the man made contribution then the world will become extremely awkward for future generations.

Are those who support the conspiracy theory of no man made global warming that prepared to risk the earth because that is what you are doing if you are wrong. Are you that sure you want to risk the planet?
Is it a private road then the council can not legally deal with it. Or is it a normal road? And global warming exists and is man made BUT the earth has also had periods when it is has got hotter / colder - it's not an either or choice... IF we ignore the man made contribution then the world will become extremely awkward for future generations. Are those who support the conspiracy theory of no man made global warming that prepared to risk the earth because that is what you are doing if you are wrong. Are you that sure you want to risk the planet? Jack222

12:36pm Tue 4 Feb 14

88crow says...

Jack222 wrote:
Is it a private road then the council can not legally deal with it. Or is it a normal road?

And global warming exists and is man made BUT the earth has also had periods when it is has got hotter / colder - it's not an either or choice... IF we ignore the man made contribution then the world will become extremely awkward for future generations.

Are those who support the conspiracy theory of no man made global warming that prepared to risk the earth because that is what you are doing if you are wrong. Are you that sure you want to risk the planet?
It is not private. People just seem to think it is.
[quote][p][bold]Jack222[/bold] wrote: Is it a private road then the council can not legally deal with it. Or is it a normal road? And global warming exists and is man made BUT the earth has also had periods when it is has got hotter / colder - it's not an either or choice... IF we ignore the man made contribution then the world will become extremely awkward for future generations. Are those who support the conspiracy theory of no man made global warming that prepared to risk the earth because that is what you are doing if you are wrong. Are you that sure you want to risk the planet?[/p][/quote]It is not private. People just seem to think it is. 88crow

1:04pm Tue 4 Feb 14

profondo asbo says...

if you live on a flood plain or below sea level you should pay significantly higher council tax (double will not be sufficient) then you have every entitlement to expect extraordinary measures to fix your flooding issues. until then it's a butt pump, a hose and a bucket. some romanians will sort that for you in a day if you don't fancy the tylers avenue option.
if you live on a flood plain or below sea level you should pay significantly higher council tax (double will not be sufficient) then you have every entitlement to expect extraordinary measures to fix your flooding issues. until then it's a butt pump, a hose and a bucket. some romanians will sort that for you in a day if you don't fancy the tylers avenue option. profondo asbo

1:26pm Tue 4 Feb 14

88crow says...

profondo asbo wrote:
if you live on a flood plain or below sea level you should pay significantly higher council tax (double will not be sufficient) then you have every entitlement to expect extraordinary measures to fix your flooding issues. until then it's a butt pump, a hose and a bucket. some romanians will sort that for you in a day if you don't fancy the tylers avenue option.
Rebels Lane is not on a flood plain!!it is where there isnt suffient drainage!!
[quote][p][bold]profondo asbo[/bold] wrote: if you live on a flood plain or below sea level you should pay significantly higher council tax (double will not be sufficient) then you have every entitlement to expect extraordinary measures to fix your flooding issues. until then it's a butt pump, a hose and a bucket. some romanians will sort that for you in a day if you don't fancy the tylers avenue option.[/p][/quote]Rebels Lane is not on a flood plain!!it is where there isnt suffient drainage!! 88crow

1:35pm Tue 4 Feb 14

You'dfeelbetterforknowingthat says...

cheekycherry wrote:
Kim Gandy wrote:
You'dfeelbetterforkn


owingthat
wrote:
Thames Gateway wrote:
I always thought that Rebels Lane was an unadopted road - is this not the case any more?
Private Road, those living there dont contribute, therefore they dont count
once again, startling arrogance and ignorance.

I live in a private road but pay full council tax.

So wrong again.

Stop embarrassing yourself.
Kim Gandy is right, I also live on a private road and my council tax contribution is high. I probably pay a lot more than you, I'm also contributing to public seating areas, lighting, pavements and road maintenance none of which I benefit from, so check out your facts first.
I live on a hill, therefore I don't have the problems, those lower down suffer.....
[quote][p][bold]cheekycherry[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Kim Gandy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]You'dfeelbetterforkn owingthat[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Thames Gateway[/bold] wrote: I always thought that Rebels Lane was an unadopted road - is this not the case any more?[/p][/quote]Private Road, those living there dont contribute, therefore they dont count[/p][/quote]once again, startling arrogance and ignorance. I live in a private road but pay full council tax. So wrong again. Stop embarrassing yourself.[/p][/quote]Kim Gandy is right, I also live on a private road and my council tax contribution is high. I probably pay a lot more than you, I'm also contributing to public seating areas, lighting, pavements and road maintenance none of which I benefit from, so check out your facts first.[/p][/quote]I live on a hill, therefore I don't have the problems, those lower down suffer..... You'dfeelbetterforknowingthat

4:20pm Tue 4 Feb 14

the25man says...

Every where is water logged so there is bound to be the odd places where the water can't get away so what are the Council suppose to do
Every where is water logged so there is bound to be the odd places where the water can't get away so what are the Council suppose to do the25man

4:51pm Tue 4 Feb 14

ThisYear says...

Kim Gandy wrote:
You'dfeelbetterforkn

owingthat
wrote:
The council have areas of priority, when it comes to flood drainage,this road isn't on the list, 1) it's a country lane, 2) the road is in a sunken location, without the possibility of natural drainage, 3) even if the water was pumped out into nearby fields, which are already sodden, the water would simply return.
In other words, if you want a utopia to live in, dont live by a sunken road, out of town. It's winter, foul weather occurs, had it have been snow, what would they do, sweep it?
Ridiculous comment as usual, with the usual "pull the ladder up Jack, I'm all right" attitude.

Nothing to do with utopia. Dwellings have been there for some time, centuries even - and yet this is the wettest start to a year since records began in 1910.

I daresay this is an unprecedented level of rain and people who live in flood areas have probably never experienced this level of deluge.

Unadopted or not, people have a perfect right to be able to get in and out of their properties.

They manage in other countries to deal with extreme weather and have measures in place so why not here.

If Essex County Council stopped chucking money away on "minority" projects they'd have more available to sort out emergencies like this.

Oh and isn't it a bit early in the day for you to be getting "likes" on your comments?

You are an expert on everything that knows nothing. Pack it in picking on undeserving people all the time.
"Lets blame the minorities for the flooding"

Kim you are so dense it would take a flock of woodpeckers to allow any light of day to penetrate your nut.

Money from one place cannot always be used in another place...you as an ex-non-political councillor should know that..

Btw just what is a non-political councillor? Was it ever explained to you?

And speaking of roads what happened to your book on the history of roads?

Did it ever see the light of day..." dis ere was a field in 1935, den they dug it up laid some stuff down put on some more stuff and its been like dis since then....dis other road was a field too den they dug it up laid stuff down and dats the story of these ere roads...now dis next road is different in that it was dug up 3 years later"...and on and on
[quote][p][bold]Kim Gandy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]You'dfeelbetterforkn owingthat[/bold] wrote: The council have areas of priority, when it comes to flood drainage,this road isn't on the list, 1) it's a country lane, 2) the road is in a sunken location, without the possibility of natural drainage, 3) even if the water was pumped out into nearby fields, which are already sodden, the water would simply return. In other words, if you want a utopia to live in, dont live by a sunken road, out of town. It's winter, foul weather occurs, had it have been snow, what would they do, sweep it?[/p][/quote]Ridiculous comment as usual, with the usual "pull the ladder up Jack, I'm all right" attitude. Nothing to do with utopia. Dwellings have been there for some time, centuries even - and yet this is the wettest start to a year since records began in 1910. I daresay this is an unprecedented level of rain and people who live in flood areas have probably never experienced this level of deluge. Unadopted or not, people have a perfect right to be able to get in and out of their properties. They manage in other countries to deal with extreme weather and have measures in place so why not here. If Essex County Council stopped chucking money away on "minority" projects they'd have more available to sort out emergencies like this. Oh and isn't it a bit early in the day for you to be getting "likes" on your comments? You are an expert on everything that knows nothing. Pack it in picking on undeserving people all the time.[/p][/quote]"Lets blame the minorities for the flooding" Kim you are so dense it would take a flock of woodpeckers to allow any light of day to penetrate your nut. Money from one place cannot always be used in another place...you as an ex-non-political councillor should know that.. Btw just what is a non-political councillor? Was it ever explained to you? And speaking of roads what happened to your book on the history of roads? Did it ever see the light of day..." dis ere was a field in 1935, den they dug it up laid some stuff down put on some more stuff and its been like dis since then....dis other road was a field too den they dug it up laid stuff down and dats the story of these ere roads...now dis next road is different in that it was dug up 3 years later"...and on and on ThisYear

5:37pm Tue 4 Feb 14

jolllyboy says...

In the road near me the path floods and people have to wade through to get through to the road. Council have known since the summer. Nothing done.Get your finger out.
In the road near me the path floods and people have to wade through to get through to the road. Council have known since the summer. Nothing done.Get your finger out. jolllyboy

5:59pm Tue 4 Feb 14

Kim Gandy says...

cheekycherry wrote:
Kim Gandy wrote:
You'dfeelbetterforkn


owingthat
wrote:
Thames Gateway wrote:
I always thought that Rebels Lane was an unadopted road - is this not the case any more?
Private Road, those living there dont contribute, therefore they dont count
once again, startling arrogance and ignorance.

I live in a private road but pay full council tax.

So wrong again.

Stop embarrassing yourself.
Kim Gandy is right, I also live on a private road and my council tax contribution is high. I probably pay a lot more than you, I'm also contributing to public seating areas, lighting, pavements and road maintenance none of which I benefit from, so check out your facts first.
Cheeky, this character NEVER EVER checks any facts. Just barges in, believing what is easiest to believe including manufactured rubbish off the internet from non-reliable sources.

Far too lazy to bother to check facts before opening gob.
[quote][p][bold]cheekycherry[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Kim Gandy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]You'dfeelbetterforkn owingthat[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Thames Gateway[/bold] wrote: I always thought that Rebels Lane was an unadopted road - is this not the case any more?[/p][/quote]Private Road, those living there dont contribute, therefore they dont count[/p][/quote]once again, startling arrogance and ignorance. I live in a private road but pay full council tax. So wrong again. Stop embarrassing yourself.[/p][/quote]Kim Gandy is right, I also live on a private road and my council tax contribution is high. I probably pay a lot more than you, I'm also contributing to public seating areas, lighting, pavements and road maintenance none of which I benefit from, so check out your facts first.[/p][/quote]Cheeky, this character NEVER EVER checks any facts. Just barges in, believing what is easiest to believe including manufactured rubbish off the internet from non-reliable sources. Far too lazy to bother to check facts before opening gob. Kim Gandy

6:01pm Tue 4 Feb 14

Kim Gandy says...

You'dfeelbetterforkn
owingthat
wrote:
profondo asbo wrote:
if the residents are that worried they should get off their backsides and do something about it. a cheap butt pump and a couple of buckets on ebay - problem solved. failing that get down to tylers avenue for some cheap labour.
No I'll just stand in it and act like a dumb ___
you should find that incredibly easy
[quote][p][bold]You'dfeelbetterforkn owingthat[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]profondo asbo[/bold] wrote: if the residents are that worried they should get off their backsides and do something about it. a cheap butt pump and a couple of buckets on ebay - problem solved. failing that get down to tylers avenue for some cheap labour.[/p][/quote]No I'll just stand in it and act like a dumb ___[/p][/quote]you should find that incredibly easy Kim Gandy

6:06pm Tue 4 Feb 14

Kim Gandy says...

Some really thick people on this page. ThisYear, learn to read properly and UNDERSTAND what people say. One line of your comment and I couldn't be bothered to read further because it's obvious you do NOT READ.

You leftie rent a crowd mob are as thick as a docker's sandwich and until you can opine properly after considering FACTS and RESEARCH, don't bother to come here spouting off under your nom de plume.

I'm right, you're wrong. That's your attitude, so I'm throwing it back at you.

Now go away and do some growing up before commenting on things you know nothing about.
Some really thick people on this page. ThisYear, learn to read properly and UNDERSTAND what people say. One line of your comment and I couldn't be bothered to read further because it's obvious you do NOT READ. You leftie rent a crowd mob are as thick as a docker's sandwich and until you can opine properly after considering FACTS and RESEARCH, don't bother to come here spouting off under your nom de plume. I'm right, you're wrong. That's your attitude, so I'm throwing it back at you. Now go away and do some growing up before commenting on things you know nothing about. Kim Gandy

6:36pm Tue 4 Feb 14

the25man says...

Kim you have bitten.
You have stated you don't answer others or get drawn in.
Whats happened?
Kim you have bitten. You have stated you don't answer others or get drawn in. Whats happened? the25man

6:43pm Tue 4 Feb 14

ThisYear says...

Kim Gandy wrote:
You'dfeelbetterforkn

owingthat
wrote:
Nebs wrote:
I wonder if we can look forward to weather like this, or worse, every winter.
Global warming, caused by the greed of the populas
Cobblers! Global warming has been going on for millennia and has nothing to do with any human being.

If you fall for that rubbish you're dafter than I thought.

The earth has gone through several ice ages and warm periods and there is evidence of it all round the coastline, particularly Dorset.

You can't just blame everything on global warming.

Try educating yourself. Ever heard of the Great Global Warming Swindle, book and film.

If you ever bothered to research anything at all you would realise that the current scaremongering is the joint effort of both politicians and scientists with a liberal sprinkling of brown envelopes, in order to get us to pay more stealth taxes.

God, some people are so gullible and believe everything they read - which I might add has been proved to me time and time again on this very website.
*You can't just blame everything on global warming.*

Nor can you blame everything on ethnic minorities but it doesn't stop you from doing so does it dahling?
[quote][p][bold]Kim Gandy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]You'dfeelbetterforkn owingthat[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Nebs[/bold] wrote: I wonder if we can look forward to weather like this, or worse, every winter.[/p][/quote]Global warming, caused by the greed of the populas[/p][/quote]Cobblers! Global warming has been going on for millennia and has nothing to do with any human being. If you fall for that rubbish you're dafter than I thought. The earth has gone through several ice ages and warm periods and there is evidence of it all round the coastline, particularly Dorset. You can't just blame everything on global warming. Try educating yourself. Ever heard of the Great Global Warming Swindle, book and film. If you ever bothered to research anything at all you would realise that the current scaremongering is the joint effort of both politicians and scientists with a liberal sprinkling of brown envelopes, in order to get us to pay more stealth taxes. God, some people are so gullible and believe everything they read - which I might add has been proved to me time and time again on this very website.[/p][/quote]*You can't just blame everything on global warming.* Nor can you blame everything on ethnic minorities but it doesn't stop you from doing so does it dahling? ThisYear

6:43pm Tue 4 Feb 14

ThisYear says...

profondo asbo wrote:
if the residents are that worried they should get off their backsides and do something about it. a cheap butt pump and a couple of buckets on ebay - problem solved. failing that get down to tylers avenue for some cheap labour.
Brother can you spare a hand pump and a bucket.
[quote][p][bold]profondo asbo[/bold] wrote: if the residents are that worried they should get off their backsides and do something about it. a cheap butt pump and a couple of buckets on ebay - problem solved. failing that get down to tylers avenue for some cheap labour.[/p][/quote]Brother can you spare a hand pump and a bucket. ThisYear

6:52pm Tue 4 Feb 14

ThisYear says...

Kim Gandy wrote:
Some really thick people on this page. ThisYear, learn to read properly and UNDERSTAND what people say. One line of your comment and I couldn't be bothered to read further because it's obvious you do NOT READ.

You leftie rent a crowd mob are as thick as a docker's sandwich and until you can opine properly after considering FACTS and RESEARCH, don't bother to come here spouting off under your nom de plume.

I'm right, you're wrong. That's your attitude, so I'm throwing it back at you.

Now go away and do some growing up before commenting on things you know nothing about.
How on earth do you relate reality with your comments in reply..What facts do you have that if money was taken from one budget and relayed to another that the road in question wouldn't be flooded?

Im apolitical Kim me duck...But what about the non-political councillor malarky? Can you advise the readers what that actually means?

Is your book on Amazon?
[quote][p][bold]Kim Gandy[/bold] wrote: Some really thick people on this page. ThisYear, learn to read properly and UNDERSTAND what people say. One line of your comment and I couldn't be bothered to read further because it's obvious you do NOT READ. You leftie rent a crowd mob are as thick as a docker's sandwich and until you can opine properly after considering FACTS and RESEARCH, don't bother to come here spouting off under your nom de plume. I'm right, you're wrong. That's your attitude, so I'm throwing it back at you. Now go away and do some growing up before commenting on things you know nothing about.[/p][/quote]How on earth do you relate reality with your comments in reply..What facts do you have that if money was taken from one budget and relayed to another that the road in question wouldn't be flooded? Im apolitical Kim me duck...But what about the non-political councillor malarky? Can you advise the readers what that actually means? Is your book on Amazon? ThisYear

8:47pm Tue 4 Feb 14

abd123 says...

Today on the 5th day of pumping daytime the road was clear of water but gets covered overnight as it is effectively draining the fields which are higher than the road. 200% normal rain for this area according to the MetOffice chart in the papers this week. Inconvenient for the residents but bearable with most cars driving through without problem.
Today on the 5th day of pumping daytime the road was clear of water but gets covered overnight as it is effectively draining the fields which are higher than the road. 200% normal rain for this area according to the MetOffice chart in the papers this week. Inconvenient for the residents but bearable with most cars driving through without problem. abd123

10:52pm Tue 4 Feb 14

You'dfeelbetterforknowingthat says...

jolllyboy wrote:
In the road near me the path floods and people have to wade through to get through to the road. Council have known since the summer. Nothing done.Get your finger out.
Oh no don't do that, or the flood waters will rise, leave your finger IN... ummm
[quote][p][bold]jolllyboy[/bold] wrote: In the road near me the path floods and people have to wade through to get through to the road. Council have known since the summer. Nothing done.Get your finger out.[/p][/quote]Oh no don't do that, or the flood waters will rise, leave your finger IN... ummm You'dfeelbetterforknowingthat

4:54pm Wed 5 Feb 14

Alekhine says...

More houses, more concrete, less drainage, more floods. Global warming......hahaha.
More houses, more concrete, less drainage, more floods. Global warming......hahaha. Alekhine

2:13pm Thu 6 Feb 14

potters 1 says...

This road is jointly owned by Rochford and Southend councils,and is definetely not private
This road is jointly owned by Rochford and Southend councils,and is definetely not private potters 1

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree