Southend couple paid £12k to Benfleet glazing firm just before it vanished

Echo: Jeff Freedman Jeff Freedman

A COUPLE have been left more than £12,000 out of pocket after a company they paid to build them a conservatory disappeared without doing the work.

Jeffrey and Monica Freedman of Crosby Road, Westcliff, have lost out as a result of the closure of Benfleet-based double-glazing firm Tujon.

The company was trading from a shop in Benfleet High Road, which is now closed, with a sign on the window directing customers to a phone number with an answering machine.

Echo:

Out of pocket: Jeff Freedman

The couple paid a £4,360 deposit in November as a downpayment on a £21,800 conservatory behind their house.

They were then asked to stump up another £7,600 when groundworks started on February 21.

Echo:

Eyesore: what the Freedman's got for £12,000

Since then, the builders have not been back and Mr Freedman, 71, is worried he may lose the money he has paid out.

He explained: “I wanted to make the payment on my credit card, as it gives you some protection, but they insisted it had to be a bank transfer.

“They said their machine for taking card payments wasn’t working. Eventually, I reluctantly agreed.

“On the Friday they came and ripped up our decking and moved a garden shed to create the base for the conservatory.”

Echo:

Closed: Tujon's offices

When the builders never came back, Mr Freedman tried calling several different phone numbers, but got no joy.

Mr Freedman and his wife then headed to the company’s Benfleet office.

He said: “When we got there, it was all shut up.

“A sign said they had moved, but there was no new address, and the contact number just goes to answerphone.

“Our garden is now in a terrible state, with all the old decking piled up. For £12,000, we have nothing.”

Echo:

No forwarding address: sign in window

Tujon’s website is no longer working and the Echo has since learned a county court judgement claiming £3,778 was lodged against it on January 23. This remains outstanding.

It is not clear howmany clients have been affected, but Mr Freedman, said one local builder had told him he knew of other Tujon customers left in a similar position.

He added: “They must have known they were not going to do the work when they took our money, if they were gone from the office by Monday.”

The Echo tried to contact Tujon and its employees on four different phone numbers and via e-mail. Our messages remain unanswered.

 

Echo:

Deserted: Office furniture left inside

When we called at the company’s Benfleet High Street office it was locked. There was office furniture still inside, but a sign on the door said the building was being refurbished for a new tenant.

Tujon has traded as a leading double glazing supplier in south Essex for the past decade.

In 2010, it was one of the first companies in the UK to offer lead-free UPCV frames and greener bi-fold doors, according to director Colin Dear, 54.

Speaking to the Echo in June that year, he claimed such innovations meant Tujon was “set to take the double-glazing industry by storm.”

The firm was named after the “two Johns” who founded it – John Turnbull and John Keane – before Mr Dear and his son Scott Dear, 20, took it over.

Echo:

Untraceable: Colin Dear

Mr Dear and his son had both resigned as directors of Tujon by January this year. The current director is listed as Chris Smith, 31, of William Street, Reading.

*Are you an out-of-pocket Tujon customer? If so, call Jon Austin on 01702 321152 or e-mail jon.austin@nqe.com

Comments (41)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

6:28am Wed 5 Mar 14

carnmountyouknowitmakessense says...

When a firm goes bust, there will always be the last, customer a victim
When a firm goes bust, there will always be the last, customer a victim carnmountyouknowitmakessense
  • Score: 7

6:42am Wed 5 Mar 14

CHRISTMAS CAROL says...

Bet they open up another shop in a different name. Scumbags, how can you do this to another person, hope they get their comeuppance.
Bet they open up another shop in a different name. Scumbags, how can you do this to another person, hope they get their comeuppance. CHRISTMAS CAROL
  • Score: 46

6:49am Wed 5 Mar 14

carnmountyouknowitmakessense says...

CHRISTMAS CAROL wrote:
Bet they open up another shop in a different name. Scumbags, how can you do this to another person, hope they get their comeuppance.
The Golden rule here is; Never part with the cash, until the job's been done, cos if they go bust, 'twill be no fun.
[quote][p][bold]CHRISTMAS CAROL[/bold] wrote: Bet they open up another shop in a different name. Scumbags, how can you do this to another person, hope they get their comeuppance.[/p][/quote]The Golden rule here is; Never part with the cash, until the job's been done, cos if they go bust, 'twill be no fun. carnmountyouknowitmakessense
  • Score: 38

7:12am Wed 5 Mar 14

whateverhappened says...

Not unusual for a double glazing company to "disappear" this time of year, they will be back shortly as tujon ltd or plc or bros etc to take a few years worth of cash then do it again. It invalidates all the warranties and clears all the debts..
although i had heard good things about the quality of their work
Not unusual for a double glazing company to "disappear" this time of year, they will be back shortly as tujon ltd or plc or bros etc to take a few years worth of cash then do it again. It invalidates all the warranties and clears all the debts.. although i had heard good things about the quality of their work whateverhappened
  • Score: 17

8:16am Wed 5 Mar 14

Vange Resident says...

I have been asked for minimum deposits before by companies but I will never pay a large lump sum up front, a company should be able to finance the work they are asked to carry out and then receive payment at the completion of the job.
I have been asked for minimum deposits before by companies but I will never pay a large lump sum up front, a company should be able to finance the work they are asked to carry out and then receive payment at the completion of the job. Vange Resident
  • Score: 27

8:17am Wed 5 Mar 14

pembury53 says...

carnmountyouknowitma
kessense
wrote:
CHRISTMAS CAROL wrote: Bet they open up another shop in a different name. Scumbags, how can you do this to another person, hope they get their comeuppance.
The Golden rule here is; Never part with the cash, until the job's been done, cos if they go bust, 'twill be no fun.
exactly, no chance of their wedge back now, its probably gone on a villa in the algarve..........an expensive lesson
[quote][p][bold]carnmountyouknowitma kessense[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]CHRISTMAS CAROL[/bold] wrote: Bet they open up another shop in a different name. Scumbags, how can you do this to another person, hope they get their comeuppance.[/p][/quote]The Golden rule here is; Never part with the cash, until the job's been done, cos if they go bust, 'twill be no fun.[/p][/quote]exactly, no chance of their wedge back now, its probably gone on a villa in the algarve..........an expensive lesson pembury53
  • Score: 27

8:39am Wed 5 Mar 14

aarontrophy says...

Alot of companies do this and it is wrong, seams like you can just start a business debt it up and close and be no worse off. they need to stop people doing this as its only getting worse
Alot of companies do this and it is wrong, seams like you can just start a business debt it up and close and be no worse off. they need to stop people doing this as its only getting worse aarontrophy
  • Score: 14

8:53am Wed 5 Mar 14

w-jback says...

Reputable companies who have been continuously trading for over 30 Years without resorting to the go bankrupt/ rip off customers/ start up again with a slightly different name scheme, may charge slightly more and will only take payments in stages for conservatories, There are only a few of these about so do your research!
Reputable companies who have been continuously trading for over 30 Years without resorting to the go bankrupt/ rip off customers/ start up again with a slightly different name scheme, may charge slightly more and will only take payments in stages for conservatories, There are only a few of these about so do your research! w-jback
  • Score: 11

8:59am Wed 5 Mar 14

DogsMessInLeigh says...

use a credit card, you can claw your loss back.
use a credit card, you can claw your loss back. DogsMessInLeigh
  • Score: 11

9:01am Wed 5 Mar 14

w-jback says...

DogsMessInLeigh wrote:
use a credit card, you can claw your loss back.
and you only need to pay at least £100 on your credit card to be covered!
[quote][p][bold]DogsMessInLeigh[/bold] wrote: use a credit card, you can claw your loss back.[/p][/quote]and you only need to pay at least £100 on your credit card to be covered! w-jback
  • Score: 17

9:06am Wed 5 Mar 14

DogsMessInLeigh says...

He explained: “I wanted to make the payment on my credit card, as it gives you some protection, but they insisted it had to be a bank transfer.

“They said their machine for taking card payments wasn’t working. Eventually, I reluctantly agreed.

____________
then i would have gone to a more reputable well known company that did take cards, ok they might have been a higher quote but at least you would have a conservatory by now, the shop front, Name and company Logo don't do it for me either.
He explained: “I wanted to make the payment on my credit card, as it gives you some protection, but they insisted it had to be a bank transfer. “They said their machine for taking card payments wasn’t working. Eventually, I reluctantly agreed. ____________ then i would have gone to a more reputable well known company that did take cards, ok they might have been a higher quote but at least you would have a conservatory by now, the shop front, Name and company Logo don't do it for me either. DogsMessInLeigh
  • Score: 9

9:09am Wed 5 Mar 14

LinfordsLunchbox says...

Like BETTERVIEW, do shoddy work then change your name so you dont have to honour any of the insurance policies when the structures fall down
Like BETTERVIEW, do shoddy work then change your name so you dont have to honour any of the insurance policies when the structures fall down LinfordsLunchbox
  • Score: 15

9:10am Wed 5 Mar 14

carnmountyouknowitmakessense says...

And the director still lives in a huge place, along the Benfleet road..
And the director still lives in a huge place, along the Benfleet road.. carnmountyouknowitmakessense
  • Score: 20

9:14am Wed 5 Mar 14

carnmountyouknowitmakessense says...

TUJON Trust Us join Our Niche
TUJON Trust Us join Our Niche carnmountyouknowitmakessense
  • Score: 7

10:00am Wed 5 Mar 14

southendmike says...

The "Dears" are now running a company called "TU-SONS (UK) LTD" with a Registered address at 75 High road Benfleet.

This was set up at the end of July last year - I wonder if they've gone out of business also?

Companies House would suggest not.

Just a thought!
The "Dears" are now running a company called "TU-SONS (UK) LTD" with a Registered address at 75 High road Benfleet. This was set up at the end of July last year - I wonder if they've gone out of business also? Companies House would suggest not. Just a thought! southendmike
  • Score: 19

11:28am Wed 5 Mar 14

aarontrophy says...

this a lot of companys have to have a deposit as other have said pay it on a credit cdard so you got security if it goes wrong
this a lot of companys have to have a deposit as other have said pay it on a credit cdard so you got security if it goes wrong aarontrophy
  • Score: 8

11:34am Wed 5 Mar 14

Thermoshield says...

This is awful for the Freedmans. Companies like this give the whole industry a bad name. People say "you get what you pay for" but in this case, it would seem that the price was not a bargain basement one. As a previous poster said, research is the key. All reputable double glazing companies will have an Insurance Backed Guarantee - a policy which covers the company going bust. The policy will also cover the deposit. Ask to see the schedule before you sign, as unscrupulous firms will falsely claim they have such a policy in place.
This is awful for the Freedmans. Companies like this give the whole industry a bad name. People say "you get what you pay for" but in this case, it would seem that the price was not a bargain basement one. As a previous poster said, research is the key. All reputable double glazing companies will have an Insurance Backed Guarantee - a policy which covers the company going bust. The policy will also cover the deposit. Ask to see the schedule before you sign, as unscrupulous firms will falsely claim they have such a policy in place. Thermoshield
  • Score: 21

12:01pm Wed 5 Mar 14

SunflowerMum says...

My mum who is retired, was also ripped off by this company! She paid her deposit and they gave her the run around and now she has lost £500! Her deposit had an Insurance Backed Guarantee but that insurance company has change name three times in the last year and they will not return her deposit!

The other posts on here are correct in their assumption that Tujon are trading under a new name it is Trade Window Market Ltd (originally registered in the Two Johns names and now transferred to their wives names!) and funnily enough their previous company Energy Kare Glass Ltd went under too!
My mum who is retired, was also ripped off by this company! She paid her deposit and they gave her the run around and now she has lost £500! Her deposit had an Insurance Backed Guarantee but that insurance company has change name three times in the last year and they will not return her deposit! The other posts on here are correct in their assumption that Tujon are trading under a new name it is Trade Window Market Ltd (originally registered in the Two Johns names and now transferred to their wives names!) and funnily enough their previous company Energy Kare Glass Ltd went under too! SunflowerMum
  • Score: 18

1:28pm Wed 5 Mar 14

DogsMessInLeigh says...

This must be a pane in the glass for people that lost money.
This must be a pane in the glass for people that lost money. DogsMessInLeigh
  • Score: -4

3:35pm Wed 5 Mar 14

pembury53 says...

DogsMessInLeigh wrote:
This must be a pane in the glass for people that lost money.
they left themselves wide open.....'two johns' saw a window of opportunity and framed their hapless victims..
[quote][p][bold]DogsMessInLeigh[/bold] wrote: This must be a pane in the glass for people that lost money.[/p][/quote]they left themselves wide open.....'two johns' saw a window of opportunity and framed their hapless victims.. pembury53
  • Score: 2

4:47pm Wed 5 Mar 14

DogsMessInLeigh says...

pembury53 wrote:
DogsMessInLeigh wrote:
This must be a pane in the glass for people that lost money.
they left themselves wide open.....'two johns' saw a window of opportunity and framed their hapless victims..
defo an open and shut case.
[quote][p][bold]pembury53[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]DogsMessInLeigh[/bold] wrote: This must be a pane in the glass for people that lost money.[/p][/quote]they left themselves wide open.....'two johns' saw a window of opportunity and framed their hapless victims..[/p][/quote]defo an open and shut case. DogsMessInLeigh
  • Score: -4

4:56pm Wed 5 Mar 14

paulatepc says...

Vange Resident wrote:
I have been asked for minimum deposits before by companies but I will never pay a large lump sum up front, a company should be able to finance the work they are asked to carry out and then receive payment at the completion of the job.
Absolutely - If they wont accept a credit card for a deposit (should not be more than 10%) just refuse and go elsewhere.

The law does not protect the customer - never has.

The trouble is that anyone can set up a double-glazing or conservatory company. There is no entry cost as the components can be bought from big manufacturers.

This case should be reported to trading standards and the Company Directors name made public on TV complete with photographs.
[quote][p][bold]Vange Resident[/bold] wrote: I have been asked for minimum deposits before by companies but I will never pay a large lump sum up front, a company should be able to finance the work they are asked to carry out and then receive payment at the completion of the job.[/p][/quote]Absolutely - If they wont accept a credit card for a deposit (should not be more than 10%) just refuse and go elsewhere. The law does not protect the customer - never has. The trouble is that anyone can set up a double-glazing or conservatory company. There is no entry cost as the components can be bought from big manufacturers. This case should be reported to trading standards and the Company Directors name made public on TV complete with photographs. paulatepc
  • Score: 10

8:14pm Wed 5 Mar 14

Bolloximian says...

I don't like to see anyone ripped off but our senior citizens seem to be particularly vulnerable which makes it even more upsetting. In my opinion such dishonesty should be seen as a criminal act and treated accordingly. The consumer protection we so often hear about hardly exists. Life seems to have become a minefield of scams and moral destitution.
I don't like to see anyone ripped off but our senior citizens seem to be particularly vulnerable which makes it even more upsetting. In my opinion such dishonesty should be seen as a criminal act and treated accordingly. The consumer protection we so often hear about hardly exists. Life seems to have become a minefield of scams and moral destitution. Bolloximian
  • Score: 8

8:16pm Wed 5 Mar 14

tophat27dt says...

funny how these peole go bust and yet live in big houses with gardens. The law is an ****.
funny how these peole go bust and yet live in big houses with gardens. The law is an ****. tophat27dt
  • Score: 6

8:24pm Wed 5 Mar 14

f5ck Da Law! says...

Bet they wish they bought a nice holiday now instead, because the conservatory plan has gone out the window.
Bet they wish they bought a nice holiday now instead, because the conservatory plan has gone out the window. f5ck Da Law!
  • Score: -6

10:46pm Wed 5 Mar 14

Dawn545 says...

I worked for this company some years ago when it seemed pretty reputable. I ended up taking it to court for unfair dismissal when they tried to change me from being employed to self-employed which was illegal, and they brought in Colin Dear who eventually became director of the company that has ripped so many people off.. There have been various different company names since, to avoid paying debts. And the various Tujon companies have had debts to many suppliers & workers for years. I really feel for the poor people who have lost their money & I don't think there is any chance they will get that back. Employees also haven't been paid & feel sick about what has happened as they had no idea. I worked in the double glazing/conservatory business for years & have heard horror stories about most companies - thankfully I am now professionally qualified in a different industry. I was often horrified at the things that went on & couldn't wait to get out. I will say that when my 85 year old aunt wanted her windows replaced, I advised her to go to Thermoshield. I have never worked for them, have no connection to them, but I knew they had a good reputation & I was happy with them. Obviously the Tujon customers are now out of pocket, but I would suggest going to Thermoshield to get the job finished. They aren't the cheapest but they seem honest & you will have to pay them, but at least you will get the job done. No-one will be able to contact the "new" Tujon director because it is a fake person who does not exist. Colin Dear has done a despicable thing & John Keane & John Turnbull are still implicit in this as far as I know.
I worked for this company some years ago when it seemed pretty reputable. I ended up taking it to court for unfair dismissal when they tried to change me from being employed to self-employed which was illegal, and they brought in Colin Dear who eventually became director of the company that has ripped so many people off.. There have been various different company names since, to avoid paying debts. And the various Tujon companies have had debts to many suppliers & workers for years. I really feel for the poor people who have lost their money & I don't think there is any chance they will get that back. Employees also haven't been paid & feel sick about what has happened as they had no idea. I worked in the double glazing/conservatory business for years & have heard horror stories about most companies - thankfully I am now professionally qualified in a different industry. I was often horrified at the things that went on & couldn't wait to get out. I will say that when my 85 year old aunt wanted her windows replaced, I advised her to go to Thermoshield. I have never worked for them, have no connection to them, but I knew they had a good reputation & I was happy with them. Obviously the Tujon customers are now out of pocket, but I would suggest going to Thermoshield to get the job finished. They aren't the cheapest but they seem honest & you will have to pay them, but at least you will get the job done. No-one will be able to contact the "new" Tujon director because it is a fake person who does not exist. Colin Dear has done a despicable thing & John Keane & John Turnbull are still implicit in this as far as I know. Dawn545
  • Score: 8

11:40pm Wed 5 Mar 14

Kim Gandy says...

DogsMessInLeigh wrote:
use a credit card, you can claw your loss back.
He offered to do that but they told him the machine was broken.

That would have flashed my warning light straight away.
[quote][p][bold]DogsMessInLeigh[/bold] wrote: use a credit card, you can claw your loss back.[/p][/quote]He offered to do that but they told him the machine was broken. That would have flashed my warning light straight away. Kim Gandy
  • Score: 1

11:45pm Wed 5 Mar 14

Kim Gandy says...

f5ck Da Law! wrote:
Bet they wish they bought a nice holiday now instead, because the conservatory plan has gone out the window.
Stop thumbs upping your own quotes.

What do you care. You're always bragging about ripping people off anyway. If we are to believe you, you spend your life nicking stuff which the rest of us end up paying for so why should anybody value your opinion - except you of course.

Why don't you just do one and take your pointless comments elsewhere.

Go and glorify your life of crime on the Guardian or Daily Mirror websites. They're all lefties so they should welcome your sort with open arms
[quote][p][bold]f5ck Da Law![/bold] wrote: Bet they wish they bought a nice holiday now instead, because the conservatory plan has gone out the window.[/p][/quote]Stop thumbs upping your own quotes. What do you care. You're always bragging about ripping people off anyway. If we are to believe you, you spend your life nicking stuff which the rest of us end up paying for so why should anybody value your opinion - except you of course. Why don't you just do one and take your pointless comments elsewhere. Go and glorify your life of crime on the Guardian or Daily Mirror websites. They're all lefties so they should welcome your sort with open arms Kim Gandy
  • Score: 4

11:53pm Wed 5 Mar 14

Kim Gandy says...

http://www.mybuilder
.com/

http://www.trustmark
.org.uk/

http://www.fmb.org.u
k/

All above are recommended sites to find specialists. Why don't people research these things? It would save them a lot of heartache.

I wouldn't consider employing tradesmen until I had thoroughly vetted and checked them out through a reputable organisation's website.
http://www.mybuilder .com/ http://www.trustmark .org.uk/ http://www.fmb.org.u k/ All above are recommended sites to find specialists. Why don't people research these things? It would save them a lot of heartache. I wouldn't consider employing tradesmen until I had thoroughly vetted and checked them out through a reputable organisation's website. Kim Gandy
  • Score: -5

11:59pm Wed 5 Mar 14

carnmountyouknowitmakessense says...

Kim Gandy wrote:
http://www.mybuilder

.com/

http://www.trustmark

.org.uk/

http://www.fmb.org.u

k/

All above are recommended sites to find specialists. Why don't people research these things? It would save them a lot of heartache.

I wouldn't consider employing tradesmen until I had thoroughly vetted and checked them out through a reputable organisation's website.
You wouldn't need a builder as your council flat is paid for by all of us lot...
[quote][p][bold]Kim Gandy[/bold] wrote: http://www.mybuilder .com/ http://www.trustmark .org.uk/ http://www.fmb.org.u k/ All above are recommended sites to find specialists. Why don't people research these things? It would save them a lot of heartache. I wouldn't consider employing tradesmen until I had thoroughly vetted and checked them out through a reputable organisation's website.[/p][/quote]You wouldn't need a builder as your council flat is paid for by all of us lot... carnmountyouknowitmakessense
  • Score: 8

7:27am Thu 6 Mar 14

LinfordsLunchbox says...

Apparently theres 190 building firms registered to dale farm, surely 1 of them must be reputable?
Apparently theres 190 building firms registered to dale farm, surely 1 of them must be reputable? LinfordsLunchbox
  • Score: 1

8:15am Thu 6 Mar 14

pembury53 says...

paulatepc wrote:
Vange Resident wrote: I have been asked for minimum deposits before by companies but I will never pay a large lump sum up front, a company should be able to finance the work they are asked to carry out and then receive payment at the completion of the job.
Absolutely - If they wont accept a credit card for a deposit (should not be more than 10%) just refuse and go elsewhere. The law does not protect the customer - never has. The trouble is that anyone can set up a double-glazing or conservatory company. There is no entry cost as the components can be bought from big manufacturers. This case should be reported to trading standards and the Company Directors name made public on TV complete with photographs.
get matt alwright on the case..... 'rogue traders' what a great show ! would really look forward to a castle point edition featuring the 'two johns' that would be awsesome....
[quote][p][bold]paulatepc[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Vange Resident[/bold] wrote: I have been asked for minimum deposits before by companies but I will never pay a large lump sum up front, a company should be able to finance the work they are asked to carry out and then receive payment at the completion of the job.[/p][/quote]Absolutely - If they wont accept a credit card for a deposit (should not be more than 10%) just refuse and go elsewhere. The law does not protect the customer - never has. The trouble is that anyone can set up a double-glazing or conservatory company. There is no entry cost as the components can be bought from big manufacturers. This case should be reported to trading standards and the Company Directors name made public on TV complete with photographs.[/p][/quote]get matt alwright on the case..... 'rogue traders' what a great show ! would really look forward to a castle point edition featuring the 'two johns' that would be awsesome.... pembury53
  • Score: 3

9:14am Thu 6 Mar 14

southendmike says...

... or how about Dom Littlewood? He's a Consumer Champion (Don't get done, get Dom) and a "local boy" I believe.
Now THAT would be worth watching!
... or how about Dom Littlewood? He's a Consumer Champion (Don't get done, get Dom) and a "local boy" I believe. Now THAT would be worth watching! southendmike
  • Score: 8

1:57pm Thu 6 Mar 14

Kim Gandy says...

carnmountyouknowitma
kessense
wrote:
Kim Gandy wrote:
http://www.mybuilder


.com/

http://www.trustmark


.org.uk/

http://www.fmb.org.u


k/

All above are recommended sites to find specialists. Why don't people research these things? It would save them a lot of heartache.

I wouldn't consider employing tradesmen until I had thoroughly vetted and checked them out through a reputable organisation's website.
You wouldn't need a builder as your council flat is paid for by all of us lot...
I do not live in a council flat you moron.

You know nothing about me.

I have never lived in a council flat in my life, not that that would be a problem. And most people who do, pay for their own rent anyway.

How dare you assume what sort of property I live in?

It makes me laugh how the morons on here make assumptions about my home, my job, my life and my relationships when not one single one of you has any idea who I actually am.
[quote][p][bold]carnmountyouknowitma kessense[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Kim Gandy[/bold] wrote: http://www.mybuilder .com/ http://www.trustmark .org.uk/ http://www.fmb.org.u k/ All above are recommended sites to find specialists. Why don't people research these things? It would save them a lot of heartache. I wouldn't consider employing tradesmen until I had thoroughly vetted and checked them out through a reputable organisation's website.[/p][/quote]You wouldn't need a builder as your council flat is paid for by all of us lot...[/p][/quote]I do not live in a council flat you moron. You know nothing about me. I have never lived in a council flat in my life, not that that would be a problem. And most people who do, pay for their own rent anyway. How dare you assume what sort of property I live in? It makes me laugh how the morons on here make assumptions about my home, my job, my life and my relationships when not one single one of you has any idea who I actually am. Kim Gandy
  • Score: -2

2:33pm Thu 6 Mar 14

rayleigh123 says...

LinfordsLunchbox wrote:
Like BETTERVIEW, do shoddy work then change your name so you dont have to honour any of the insurance policies when the structures fall down
Have Betterview gone - drove past their works in Wickford and note it was all shut up.

Interesting because i did some plumbing at the new directors house in Ashindon a couple of weeks ago - its 6 bedrooms with stables on about 4 acres of land.

.
.
.
[quote][p][bold]LinfordsLunchbox[/bold] wrote: Like BETTERVIEW, do shoddy work then change your name so you dont have to honour any of the insurance policies when the structures fall down[/p][/quote]Have Betterview gone - drove past their works in Wickford and note it was all shut up. Interesting because i did some plumbing at the new directors house in Ashindon a couple of weeks ago - its 6 bedrooms with stables on about 4 acres of land. . . . rayleigh123
  • Score: 5

2:43pm Thu 6 Mar 14

Southend Shoplifter says...

Kim Gandy wrote:
f5ck Da Law! wrote:
Bet they wish they bought a nice holiday now instead, because the conservatory plan has gone out the window.
Stop thumbs upping your own quotes.

What do you care. You're always bragging about ripping people off anyway. If we are to believe you, you spend your life nicking stuff which the rest of us end up paying for so why should anybody value your opinion - except you of course.

Why don't you just do one and take your pointless comments elsewhere.

Go and glorify your life of crime on the Guardian or Daily Mirror websites. They're all lefties so they should welcome your sort with open arms
I'm just one mean person!
[quote][p][bold]Kim Gandy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]f5ck Da Law![/bold] wrote: Bet they wish they bought a nice holiday now instead, because the conservatory plan has gone out the window.[/p][/quote]Stop thumbs upping your own quotes. What do you care. You're always bragging about ripping people off anyway. If we are to believe you, you spend your life nicking stuff which the rest of us end up paying for so why should anybody value your opinion - except you of course. Why don't you just do one and take your pointless comments elsewhere. Go and glorify your life of crime on the Guardian or Daily Mirror websites. They're all lefties so they should welcome your sort with open arms[/p][/quote]I'm just one mean person! Southend Shoplifter
  • Score: 2

8:12pm Thu 6 Mar 14

rude boy says...

This is why I don't pay anything especially big amounts till the job is complete. Feel for you though as you trust people but seems this days you can't :(
This is why I don't pay anything especially big amounts till the job is complete. Feel for you though as you trust people but seems this days you can't :( rude boy
  • Score: 3

8:51pm Thu 6 Mar 14

ThisYear says...

Kim Gandy wrote:
carnmountyouknowitma

kessense
wrote:
Kim Gandy wrote:
http://www.mybuilder



.com/

http://www.trustmark



.org.uk/

http://www.fmb.org.u



k/

All above are recommended sites to find specialists. Why don't people research these things? It would save them a lot of heartache.

I wouldn't consider employing tradesmen until I had thoroughly vetted and checked them out through a reputable organisation's website.
You wouldn't need a builder as your council flat is paid for by all of us lot...
I do not live in a council flat you moron.

You know nothing about me.

I have never lived in a council flat in my life, not that that would be a problem. And most people who do, pay for their own rent anyway.

How dare you assume what sort of property I live in?

It makes me laugh how the morons on here make assumptions about my home, my job, my life and my relationships when not one single one of you has any idea who I actually am.
Doesn't stop you making assumption though does it Kimmy dahlink?
[quote][p][bold]Kim Gandy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]carnmountyouknowitma kessense[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Kim Gandy[/bold] wrote: http://www.mybuilder .com/ http://www.trustmark .org.uk/ http://www.fmb.org.u k/ All above are recommended sites to find specialists. Why don't people research these things? It would save them a lot of heartache. I wouldn't consider employing tradesmen until I had thoroughly vetted and checked them out through a reputable organisation's website.[/p][/quote]You wouldn't need a builder as your council flat is paid for by all of us lot...[/p][/quote]I do not live in a council flat you moron. You know nothing about me. I have never lived in a council flat in my life, not that that would be a problem. And most people who do, pay for their own rent anyway. How dare you assume what sort of property I live in? It makes me laugh how the morons on here make assumptions about my home, my job, my life and my relationships when not one single one of you has any idea who I actually am.[/p][/quote]Doesn't stop you making assumption though does it Kimmy dahlink? ThisYear
  • Score: -3

8:54pm Thu 6 Mar 14

ThisYear says...

LinfordsLunchbox wrote:
Apparently theres 190 building firms registered to dale farm, surely 1 of them must be reputable?
The firm mentioned seems not to be one of those...does that make it reputable?

I think your user name suits you..for you surely are one.
[quote][p][bold]LinfordsLunchbox[/bold] wrote: Apparently theres 190 building firms registered to dale farm, surely 1 of them must be reputable?[/p][/quote]The firm mentioned seems not to be one of those...does that make it reputable? I think your user name suits you..for you surely are one. ThisYear
  • Score: -5

4:20pm Fri 7 Mar 14

NatalieSayer says...

I got ripped off for £8K by a Rochford double glazing firm - they did about £12K of damage to the property as well. When I started to sue them they sent me really nasty, vile death threats (fortunately the police were really helpful) but it turned out they didn't have enough money to make it worth taking them to court. They couldn't even have covered my legal fees, let alone the £20K for refund and repairs. All I can really do is keep telling everyone locally to stay away from that bunch of cowboys.
I got ripped off for £8K by a Rochford double glazing firm - they did about £12K of damage to the property as well. When I started to sue them they sent me really nasty, vile death threats (fortunately the police were really helpful) but it turned out they didn't have enough money to make it worth taking them to court. They couldn't even have covered my legal fees, let alone the £20K for refund and repairs. All I can really do is keep telling everyone locally to stay away from that bunch of cowboys. NatalieSayer
  • Score: 2

9:26pm Fri 7 Mar 14

rude boy says...

Why would you pay someone that amount though **** that I never give them anything till am happy with the job they have done
Why would you pay someone that amount though **** that I never give them anything till am happy with the job they have done rude boy
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree