Biker rushed to Basildon Hospital following crash at turn off for Billericay and the A176

Gridlock at the A127 crash scene

The air ambulance comes in to land on the A127

Traffic caught up in the jams following the motorcycle crash

First published in News
Last updated

THE A127 has re-opened after a motorcyclist was involved in a serious collision this evening, sustaining "multiple serious injuries".

The biker, a man, is believed to have come into contact with the central reservation.

The ambulance service said he had sustained "multiple serious injuries", as well as arm injuries.

The collision happened at the A176 Upper Mayne junction with the A127, heading eastbound.

Echo:

The Laindon Road Policing Unit were called to incident shortly before 5.30pm.

The air ambulance landed near to the scene but left shortly after 6.30pm.

He was taken to Basildon Hospital.

Echo:

Queues were stretching back to J29 of the M25 after the accident and traffic also built up on the A127 westbound due to onlookers slowing down to view the crash.

Comments (9)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

6:08pm Thu 13 Mar 14

Keptquiettillnow says...

Is there any need to go into detail where the motorcyclist, unconfirmed or not, is laying?
This is someones family.
Is there any need to go into detail where the motorcyclist, unconfirmed or not, is laying? This is someones family. Keptquiettillnow
  • Score: -2

6:11pm Thu 13 Mar 14

carnmountyouknowitmakessense says...

Keptquiettillnow wrote:
Is there any need to go into detail where the motorcyclist, unconfirmed or not, is laying?
This is someones family.
It is also news, something you like to comment on....
[quote][p][bold]Keptquiettillnow[/bold] wrote: Is there any need to go into detail where the motorcyclist, unconfirmed or not, is laying? This is someones family.[/p][/quote]It is also news, something you like to comment on.... carnmountyouknowitmakessense
  • Score: 6

6:13pm Thu 13 Mar 14

onorris24 says...

best wishes to the biker, hopefully they'll make a full recovery
best wishes to the biker, hopefully they'll make a full recovery onorris24
  • Score: 13

6:43pm Thu 13 Mar 14

Keptquiettillnow says...

Thank you Echo News
Thank you Echo News Keptquiettillnow
  • Score: -4

6:59pm Thu 13 Mar 14

carnmountyouknowitmakessense says...

Air ambulance, sounds serious...
Air ambulance, sounds serious... carnmountyouknowitmakessense
  • Score: 5

8:39pm Thu 13 Mar 14

Its-me says...

carnmountyouknowitma
kessense
wrote:
Air ambulance, sounds serious...
Not at all. The air ambulance is sent automatically to certain incidents, whether it is required or not is ascertained during the assessment of the patient. In this case the patient was conveyed to Basildon in the normal manner.
[quote][p][bold]carnmountyouknowitma kessense[/bold] wrote: Air ambulance, sounds serious...[/p][/quote]Not at all. The air ambulance is sent automatically to certain incidents, whether it is required or not is ascertained during the assessment of the patient. In this case the patient was conveyed to Basildon in the normal manner. Its-me
  • Score: -3

8:51pm Thu 13 Mar 14

carnmountyouknowitmakessense says...

Its-me wrote:
carnmountyouknowitma

kessense
wrote:
Air ambulance, sounds serious...
Not at all. The air ambulance is sent automatically to certain incidents, whether it is required or not is ascertained during the assessment of the patient. In this case the patient was conveyed to Basildon in the normal manner.
Yes, as the story states....
[quote][p][bold]Its-me[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]carnmountyouknowitma kessense[/bold] wrote: Air ambulance, sounds serious...[/p][/quote]Not at all. The air ambulance is sent automatically to certain incidents, whether it is required or not is ascertained during the assessment of the patient. In this case the patient was conveyed to Basildon in the normal manner.[/p][/quote]Yes, as the story states.... carnmountyouknowitmakessense
  • Score: -4

2:39pm Fri 14 Mar 14

carnmountyouknowitmakessense says...

carnmountyouknowitma
kessense
wrote:
Its-me wrote:
carnmountyouknowitma


kessense
wrote:
Air ambulance, sounds serious...
Not at all. The air ambulance is sent automatically to certain incidents, whether it is required or not is ascertained during the assessment of the patient. In this case the patient was conveyed to Basildon in the normal manner.
Yes, as the story states....
And today he walks out, having been discharged, unaided.....
[quote][p][bold]carnmountyouknowitma kessense[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Its-me[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]carnmountyouknowitma kessense[/bold] wrote: Air ambulance, sounds serious...[/p][/quote]Not at all. The air ambulance is sent automatically to certain incidents, whether it is required or not is ascertained during the assessment of the patient. In this case the patient was conveyed to Basildon in the normal manner.[/p][/quote]Yes, as the story states....[/p][/quote]And today he walks out, having been discharged, unaided..... carnmountyouknowitmakessense
  • Score: 1

8:53am Fri 21 Mar 14

trixy1 says...

Get ur facts right!!
Get ur facts right!! trixy1
  • Score: -1

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree