Dishwasher sparks fire call in Laindon

Echo: Dishwasher sparks fire call Dishwasher sparks fire call

AN ELECTRICAL fault in a dishwasher caused a fire in a house in Laindon this evening.

The small blaze started around 7.30pm and saw two crews from Basildon fire station attend the scene in Pound Lane.

Firefighters moved the washer outside the front of the house and doused the flames before fitting an extra smoke alarm in the hallway of the property.

No one was hurt in the incident. Crews were at the scene for about 45 minutes.

Comments (3)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

9:02pm Mon 28 Apr 14

billericay boy says...

Is this an echo joke. Fire crews battled a fire from a dishwasher whilst the rest of them were fitting a smoke alarm...
Is this an echo joke. Fire crews battled a fire from a dishwasher whilst the rest of them were fitting a smoke alarm... billericay boy
  • Score: -2

9:51pm Mon 28 Apr 14

DogsMessInLeigh says...

billericay boy wrote:
Is this an echo joke. Fire crews battled a fire from a dishwasher whilst the rest of them were fitting a smoke alarm...
should have fixed the shelf in the front room and cleaned the windows in and out.
[quote][p][bold]billericay boy[/bold] wrote: Is this an echo joke. Fire crews battled a fire from a dishwasher whilst the rest of them were fitting a smoke alarm...[/p][/quote]should have fixed the shelf in the front room and cleaned the windows in and out. DogsMessInLeigh
  • Score: -2

6:53am Tue 29 Apr 14

sesibollox says...

Thats what happens, when you get rid of the washer woman..
Thats what happens, when you get rid of the washer woman.. sesibollox
  • Score: 1

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree