Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting ECHONEWS to 80360, or email us »
Firefighters tackle a blaze in a house in Thorpe Bay
Updated 5:41pm Friday 20th June 2014 in News
FIREFIGHTERS have extinguished a a house fire in Thorpe Bay.
The fire broke out at a house in St James Avenue, close to the junction of Station Road, at about 12.30pm.
The house had scaffolding outside and residents reported seeing a decorator removing render from the house with a heating tool - which is thought to have begun the fire.
Fire crews reported the roof was 100 per cent alight upon arrival and they used two hoses to surround the fire and put it out by 2.50pm.
The ambulance service did not attend and it is not thought anyone was hurt in the incident.
Comments are closed on this article.