Cop’s call for new laws to fight online crime

Cop’s call for new laws to fight online crime

Cop’s call for new laws to fight online crime

First published in News by

ESSEX Police’s chief constable has called for new laws to stop online crime devastating victims’ lives.

Stephen Kavanagh told a parliamentary committee every police officer must be trained in how to deal with online abuse.

Mr Kavanagh, who is leadingwork on the investigation for the Home Office, was speaking to the House of Lords communications committee about social media.

He said it needed to be core business for the police and “training needs to be changed dramatically, so everyone from new beat bobbies, PCSOs, all the way through to homicide investigators will be part of it”.

Mr Kavanagh said: “Policing, of course, must remain proportionate.

However, we have a duty to protect those suffering those real harms, especially the most vulnerable who don’t knowwhere to turn.

“This is an issue that can touch anybody’s life at any time, from any background.

There are too many victims out there whose lives have been devastated by online abuse.

“Of course, legislation can be applied to many of the criminal behaviours on social media, but we believe it is time to consider whether enabling preventative and enforcement legislation will assist in keeping people more safe in the online environment and provide a framework which is equally important, that gives oversight and accountability to police when they do venture into this sensitive arena.”

Mr Kavanagh said it was not enough to act once online abuse had happened, saying there were three areas he wanted to explore. He added: “One is about enabling lawenforcement to be able to go into these environments, in an ethical and appropriate way, to establish where crimes are taking place or being planned.

“There is also a preventative element, ‘going equipped to steal’ type legislation, which is now taking place within social media and other environments, that we need to properly consider.

“There is also then the enforcement aspect, once an offence has already taken place.

“But by just focusing on the enforcement aspect, we are at risk of missing an issue.

“I think when we look at the processes that currently go on, around denial of service to internet sites, around harvesting people’s personal data, the development of malware – these are clearly issues embedded within some of the social media environment and other digital environments, which need to be challenged at an earlier stage if we are to take back some form of control within this sphere.”

Police are encountering problems dealing with online abuse on sites such as Twitter and Facebook – with celebrities complaining about online trolls.

Concerns have also been raised about victims of rape being identified online because laws which prevent this from happening in newspapers are not tough enough to enforce it on social media.

Comments (8)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:54am Mon 14 Jul 14

ccd says...

So basically yet another excuse to monitor our Internet activities in case we do something wrong? Does privacy mean nothing to these people? IF someone commits a crime then use the existing legislation. Get the users IP address identified via a court order then go after them. There are existing laws for identifying people and for the various crimes they commit as outlined here. There is nothing new needed, it's just another excuse to normalise high levels of intrusion into people's daily lives.
So basically yet another excuse to monitor our Internet activities in case we do something wrong? Does privacy mean nothing to these people? IF someone commits a crime then use the existing legislation. Get the users IP address identified via a court order then go after them. There are existing laws for identifying people and for the various crimes they commit as outlined here. There is nothing new needed, it's just another excuse to normalise high levels of intrusion into people's daily lives. ccd
  • Score: 5

11:17am Mon 14 Jul 14

Howard Cháse says...

One way to avoid online abuse is not to get drawn into the current trend of living your life on social media in full view of a large proportion of the world....
One way to avoid online abuse is not to get drawn into the current trend of living your life on social media in full view of a large proportion of the world.... Howard Cháse
  • Score: 6

12:35pm Mon 14 Jul 14

ccd says...

Howard Cháse wrote:
One way to avoid online abuse is not to get drawn into the current trend of living your life on social media in full view of a large proportion of the world....
Very good point. I know so many people who put every lurid detail of their trivial lives up on Facebook or Twitter then get all upset when someone doesn't gush with praise and admiration about it all.
[quote][p][bold]Howard Cháse[/bold] wrote: One way to avoid online abuse is not to get drawn into the current trend of living your life on social media in full view of a large proportion of the world....[/p][/quote]Very good point. I know so many people who put every lurid detail of their trivial lives up on Facebook or Twitter then get all upset when someone doesn't gush with praise and admiration about it all. ccd
  • Score: 3

12:35pm Mon 14 Jul 14

maddriver says...

ccd wrote:
So basically yet another excuse to monitor our Internet activities in case we do something wrong? Does privacy mean nothing to these people? IF someone commits a crime then use the existing legislation. Get the users IP address identified via a court order then go after them. There are existing laws for identifying people and for the various crimes they commit as outlined here. There is nothing new needed, it's just another excuse to normalise high levels of intrusion into people's daily lives.
You may well be right in what you say and I myself feel that it's an excuse for 'them' to intrude more into our lives. The problem is that the Internet is international and unless there is a truly international effort for all countries to clamp down, then any crimes committed can only be policed in the country of origin.
[quote][p][bold]ccd[/bold] wrote: So basically yet another excuse to monitor our Internet activities in case we do something wrong? Does privacy mean nothing to these people? IF someone commits a crime then use the existing legislation. Get the users IP address identified via a court order then go after them. There are existing laws for identifying people and for the various crimes they commit as outlined here. There is nothing new needed, it's just another excuse to normalise high levels of intrusion into people's daily lives.[/p][/quote]You may well be right in what you say and I myself feel that it's an excuse for 'them' to intrude more into our lives. The problem is that the Internet is international and unless there is a truly international effort for all countries to clamp down, then any crimes committed can only be policed in the country of origin. maddriver
  • Score: 0

12:38pm Mon 14 Jul 14

maddriver says...

ccd wrote:
Howard Cháse wrote:
One way to avoid online abuse is not to get drawn into the current trend of living your life on social media in full view of a large proportion of the world....
Very good point. I know so many people who put every lurid detail of their trivial lives up on Facebook or Twitter then get all upset when someone doesn't gush with praise and admiration about it all.
The problem is not that people don't shower praise. The real problem lies with those who have more time on their hands than they know what to do with and they turn to Internet trolling as a way of covering their own inadequacies.
[quote][p][bold]ccd[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Howard Cháse[/bold] wrote: One way to avoid online abuse is not to get drawn into the current trend of living your life on social media in full view of a large proportion of the world....[/p][/quote]Very good point. I know so many people who put every lurid detail of their trivial lives up on Facebook or Twitter then get all upset when someone doesn't gush with praise and admiration about it all.[/p][/quote]The problem is not that people don't shower praise. The real problem lies with those who have more time on their hands than they know what to do with and they turn to Internet trolling as a way of covering their own inadequacies. maddriver
  • Score: 3

2:55pm Mon 14 Jul 14

Kim Gandy says...

ccd wrote:
So basically yet another excuse to monitor our Internet activities in case we do something wrong? Does privacy mean nothing to these people? IF someone commits a crime then use the existing legislation. Get the users IP address identified via a court order then go after them. There are existing laws for identifying people and for the various crimes they commit as outlined here. There is nothing new needed, it's just another excuse to normalise high levels of intrusion into people's daily lives.
I disagree, I have suffered ongoing abuse for the past three years, via Facebook and Twitter. I removed my facebook account early last year due to it being hacked, cloned and all sorts of spurious and vile rubbish posted all over the place, some in my name and some by people I don't even know slagging me off because of the rubbish they have read about me.

And I don't even have a Twitter account! However it didn't stop one particular jellybrain from setting one up in my name and posting as me. She has now been dealt with by the courts.

I don't bother with social networking any more; it's full of loonytunes, dingalings and raving nutjobs and now they are outnumbering the decent folk on there. No thanks.

Look at the lives Farcebook and Tw@tter have destroyed. People who have committed suicide; broken marriages, destroyed livelihoods, ruined businesses, shattered relationships between family and friends. All because of the sort of vile busybodies like the ones on this website that have even POSED as me by posting under my name (with one or two characters changed) - and even a pseudonym two weeks ago that included my name and a particularly nasty and untruthful allegation about me and drugs. I've never done drugs.

Everything I say about myself on here, including the term of office as a town councillor is the truth. Something some folk wouldn't know or understand.

Most of the garbage spouted about me is still online and has affected my life and livelihood adversely, I won't go into what I went through on this page because some of those people post on this website and I don't want to give them any credit, suffice it to say that the main perpetrators are now under investigation. And one is an inch short of being locked up if she does it again..

This is why I am so defensive on here and waste no opportunity to make this point. Most of the abuse I have suffered has been online although some has been done offline via Royal Mail but I cannot go into too much detail here for legal reasons.

However, there are a number of vile abusers on here, who have made all sorts of spurious claims online about me. I suspect i may know at least one of these people but it is obvious to me from most of the comments, that the small minority of small minded idiots who slag off others as well as me -on here - don't know the first thing about me.

Among these are Happy Chickie, This Year, Emcee and Mr Right. Note how NONE of these individuals have the guts, integrity, courage and honesty to a) post under their own names and b) confront me face to face with their vile and unfounded allegations about me, with supporting evidence that would stand up in a court of law. And I have offered them the opportunity several times.

I have been through hell and back but now things are getting done. One of my abusers is now under a suspended prison sentence due to her abuse of myself and others in my political circle and others are under investigation.

I have come through all of these problems a better person and am now feeling much better than I have done in a long time and have got to the stage where I just let friends screencap particularly libellous material. I don't bother to read it myself. There's no point because it just gives these nutters a platform.

I am and always have been, happy to have a reasoned, sensible debate or discussion with anyone about politics or anything else for that matter. However, when the abuse gets personal and nasty,I fortunately possess a good intellect and vocabulary and am able to put them down without resorting to the language and threats they throw at me. And I am just as capable of doing this face to face.

I have met some of the people who post on here and am happy to say that these encounters have all been positive and we have had some amusing conversations about some of the abovementioned nutters. I'd say the majority of people who post here are decent, with a minority of halfwits who have a range of pseudonyms to post under so it makes them look bigger than they actually are. Classic playground bully tactics.

However, there is one advantage of having such moronic individuals posting here, it sorts the men from the boys; the wheat from the chaff.

You can see immediately those who have a good point to make and who can make it with wit, common sense and personal knowledge. The other witless wonders who post here equally show themselves up to be the total opposite.

Bitter, twisted, uninformed, stupid and thick.

Just see what follows these comments and you will see what I mean. Thing is though, these days, I really haven't time or inclination to come back and read the utter trash that issues forth from their cotton wool brains.

Their nasty mission to try and destroy me and derail my life has done the exact opposite. It has demonstrated to me the clear need to remove such people from polite society and show them up for what they really are. I am enjoying my family and friends now more than ever as such experiences show you who your true friends are.

I am not a nasty or vindictive person as family and true friends will attest. But I will give as good as I get - in fact better. That can be said of lots of people. I will help anyone out. I like problem solving and am generally kind and helpful to people. (Except idiots and lefties - often one and the same!) Nor am I mad or deluded, or an ex or neo Nazi BNP or EDL member which has also been suggested. Nor do I eat babies or beat up old people.

I leave it to the sensible ones among you to judge for yourselves the difference between my measured, literate postings and their illiterate, barmpot ramblings and sheer nastiness and vile language. Not to mention their disgusting hatred and utter lies and contempt.

As for the garbage you will find about me on the internet; I think you will find it is mostly the work of the truly nasty and rabid paedophile and terrorist supporting UAF (ironically a fascist group themselves) and Hope Not Hate, both of which are filled with hate filled, unwashed, Satanic yobs that make the EDL look like student nuns.

These people are largely student types who make the best of their knowledge of hacking and cloning. I even had my emails hacked and my personal pictures and other intellectual property distributed far and wide. These nutters were posing as me but you could tell it wasn't me. They weren't intelligent enough to emulate my personal style.

And they are hardly in a position to comment on anybody else. What they all need is hosing down with carbolic soap and then locking away in asylums. Total barmpots.

I'm like Marmite, you either love me or hate me. And if you hate me it's because I tell the truth and you don't like it. I am also articulate, which you also don't like, particularly if you are not. My views are based on personal experience and research, not lies, BS and guesstimations. I know some people disagree but that's OK. They don't attack me because my politics are not identical to theirs. Only the true fascists of the Left will do that.

And if you hate me without even knowing me or anything about me, or because you are repeating somebody else's hateful comments and regurgitating old rubbish off the internet without questioning it or asking me for my opinion of it, that says more about you than it does about me.

Fire away and post your bile. I won't be back to read it but others will - and then they will get a superbly accurate demonstration of what the above story is all about, won't they? And you will, once again, be proving me right. Bring it on.

And I will have outwitted the idiots once again.. (It's not hard!) Go ahead and make my day...

and this time post your lies and filth under your own name if you dare. With legitimate and authentic evidence. Not cobbled together garbage posted by the fruitloops of the Loony Left

No? Thought not! ;D
[quote][p][bold]ccd[/bold] wrote: So basically yet another excuse to monitor our Internet activities in case we do something wrong? Does privacy mean nothing to these people? IF someone commits a crime then use the existing legislation. Get the users IP address identified via a court order then go after them. There are existing laws for identifying people and for the various crimes they commit as outlined here. There is nothing new needed, it's just another excuse to normalise high levels of intrusion into people's daily lives.[/p][/quote]I disagree, I have suffered ongoing abuse for the past three years, via Facebook and Twitter. I removed my facebook account early last year due to it being hacked, cloned and all sorts of spurious and vile rubbish posted all over the place, some in my name and some by people I don't even know slagging me off because of the rubbish they have read about me. And I don't even have a Twitter account! However it didn't stop one particular jellybrain from setting one up in my name and posting as me. She has now been dealt with by the courts. I don't bother with social networking any more; it's full of loonytunes, dingalings and raving nutjobs and now they are outnumbering the decent folk on there. No thanks. Look at the lives Farcebook and Tw@tter have destroyed. People who have committed suicide; broken marriages, destroyed livelihoods, ruined businesses, shattered relationships between family and friends. All because of the sort of vile busybodies like the ones on this website that have even POSED as me by posting under my name (with one or two characters changed) - and even a pseudonym two weeks ago that included my name and a particularly nasty and untruthful allegation about me and drugs. I've never done drugs. Everything I say about myself on here, including the term of office as a town councillor is the truth. Something some folk wouldn't know or understand. Most of the garbage spouted about me is still online and has affected my life and livelihood adversely, I won't go into what I went through on this page because some of those people post on this website and I don't want to give them any credit, suffice it to say that the main perpetrators are now under investigation. And one is an inch short of being locked up if she does it again.. This is why I am so defensive on here and waste no opportunity to make this point. Most of the abuse I have suffered has been online although some has been done offline via Royal Mail but I cannot go into too much detail here for legal reasons. However, there are a number of vile abusers on here, who have made all sorts of spurious claims online about me. I suspect i may know at least one of these people but it is obvious to me from most of the comments, that the small minority of small minded idiots who slag off others as well as me -on here - don't know the first thing about me. Among these are Happy Chickie, This Year, Emcee and Mr Right. Note how NONE of these individuals have the guts, integrity, courage and honesty to a) post under their own names and b) confront me face to face with their vile and unfounded allegations about me, with supporting evidence that would stand up in a court of law. And I have offered them the opportunity several times. I have been through hell and back but now things are getting done. One of my abusers is now under a suspended prison sentence due to her abuse of myself and others in my political circle and others are under investigation. I have come through all of these problems a better person and am now feeling much better than I have done in a long time and have got to the stage where I just let friends screencap particularly libellous material. I don't bother to read it myself. There's no point because it just gives these nutters a platform. I am and always have been, happy to have a reasoned, sensible debate or discussion with anyone about politics or anything else for that matter. However, when the abuse gets personal and nasty,I fortunately possess a good intellect and vocabulary and am able to put them down without resorting to the language and threats they throw at me. And I am just as capable of doing this face to face. I have met some of the people who post on here and am happy to say that these encounters have all been positive and we have had some amusing conversations about some of the abovementioned nutters. I'd say the majority of people who post here are decent, with a minority of halfwits who have a range of pseudonyms to post under so it makes them look bigger than they actually are. Classic playground bully tactics. However, there is one advantage of having such moronic individuals posting here, it sorts the men from the boys; the wheat from the chaff. You can see immediately those who have a good point to make and who can make it with wit, common sense and personal knowledge. The other witless wonders who post here equally show themselves up to be the total opposite. Bitter, twisted, uninformed, stupid and thick. Just see what follows these comments and you will see what I mean. Thing is though, these days, I really haven't time or inclination to come back and read the utter trash that issues forth from their cotton wool brains. Their nasty mission to try and destroy me and derail my life has done the exact opposite. It has demonstrated to me the clear need to remove such people from polite society and show them up for what they really are. I am enjoying my family and friends now more than ever as such experiences show you who your true friends are. I am not a nasty or vindictive person as family and true friends will attest. But I will give as good as I get - in fact better. That can be said of lots of people. I will help anyone out. I like problem solving and am generally kind and helpful to people. (Except idiots and lefties - often one and the same!) Nor am I mad or deluded, or an ex or neo Nazi BNP or EDL member which has also been suggested. Nor do I eat babies or beat up old people. I leave it to the sensible ones among you to judge for yourselves the difference between my measured, literate postings and their illiterate, barmpot ramblings and sheer nastiness and vile language. Not to mention their disgusting hatred and utter lies and contempt. As for the garbage you will find about me on the internet; I think you will find it is mostly the work of the truly nasty and rabid paedophile and terrorist supporting UAF (ironically a fascist group themselves) and Hope Not Hate, both of which are filled with hate filled, unwashed, Satanic yobs that make the EDL look like student nuns. These people are largely student types who make the best of their knowledge of hacking and cloning. I even had my emails hacked and my personal pictures and other intellectual property distributed far and wide. These nutters were posing as me but you could tell it wasn't me. They weren't intelligent enough to emulate my personal style. And they are hardly in a position to comment on anybody else. What they all need is hosing down with carbolic soap and then locking away in asylums. Total barmpots. I'm like Marmite, you either love me or hate me. And if you hate me it's because I tell the truth and you don't like it. I am also articulate, which you also don't like, particularly if you are not. My views are based on personal experience and research, not lies, BS and guesstimations. I know some people disagree but that's OK. They don't attack me because my politics are not identical to theirs. Only the true fascists of the Left will do that. And if you hate me without even knowing me or anything about me, or because you are repeating somebody else's hateful comments and regurgitating old rubbish off the internet without questioning it or asking me for my opinion of it, that says more about you than it does about me. Fire away and post your bile. I won't be back to read it but others will - and then they will get a superbly accurate demonstration of what the above story is all about, won't they? And you will, once again, be proving me right. Bring it on. And I will have outwitted the idiots once again.. (It's not hard!) Go ahead and make my day... and this time post your lies and filth under your own name if you dare. With legitimate and authentic evidence. Not cobbled together garbage posted by the fruitloops of the Loony Left No? Thought not! ;D Kim Gandy
  • Score: -4

6:01pm Mon 14 Jul 14

John Right says...

Kim Gandy wrote:
ccd wrote:
So basically yet another excuse to monitor our Internet activities in case we do something wrong? Does privacy mean nothing to these people? IF someone commits a crime then use the existing legislation. Get the users IP address identified via a court order then go after them. There are existing laws for identifying people and for the various crimes they commit as outlined here. There is nothing new needed, it's just another excuse to normalise high levels of intrusion into people's daily lives.
I disagree, I have suffered ongoing abuse for the past three years, via Facebook and Twitter. I removed my facebook account early last year due to it being hacked, cloned and all sorts of spurious and vile rubbish posted all over the place, some in my name and some by people I don't even know slagging me off because of the rubbish they have read about me.

And I don't even have a Twitter account! However it didn't stop one particular jellybrain from setting one up in my name and posting as me. She has now been dealt with by the courts.

I don't bother with social networking any more; it's full of loonytunes, dingalings and raving nutjobs and now they are outnumbering the decent folk on there. No thanks.

Look at the lives Farcebook and Tw@tter have destroyed. People who have committed suicide; broken marriages, destroyed livelihoods, ruined businesses, shattered relationships between family and friends. All because of the sort of vile busybodies like the ones on this website that have even POSED as me by posting under my name (with one or two characters changed) - and even a pseudonym two weeks ago that included my name and a particularly nasty and untruthful allegation about me and drugs. I've never done drugs.

Everything I say about myself on here, including the term of office as a town councillor is the truth. Something some folk wouldn't know or understand.

Most of the garbage spouted about me is still online and has affected my life and livelihood adversely, I won't go into what I went through on this page because some of those people post on this website and I don't want to give them any credit, suffice it to say that the main perpetrators are now under investigation. And one is an inch short of being locked up if she does it again..

This is why I am so defensive on here and waste no opportunity to make this point. Most of the abuse I have suffered has been online although some has been done offline via Royal Mail but I cannot go into too much detail here for legal reasons.

However, there are a number of vile abusers on here, who have made all sorts of spurious claims online about me. I suspect i may know at least one of these people but it is obvious to me from most of the comments, that the small minority of small minded idiots who slag off others as well as me -on here - don't know the first thing about me.

Among these are Happy Chickie, This Year, Emcee and Mr Right. Note how NONE of these individuals have the guts, integrity, courage and honesty to a) post under their own names and b) confront me face to face with their vile and unfounded allegations about me, with supporting evidence that would stand up in a court of law. And I have offered them the opportunity several times.

I have been through hell and back but now things are getting done. One of my abusers is now under a suspended prison sentence due to her abuse of myself and others in my political circle and others are under investigation.

I have come through all of these problems a better person and am now feeling much better than I have done in a long time and have got to the stage where I just let friends screencap particularly libellous material. I don't bother to read it myself. There's no point because it just gives these nutters a platform.

I am and always have been, happy to have a reasoned, sensible debate or discussion with anyone about politics or anything else for that matter. However, when the abuse gets personal and nasty,I fortunately possess a good intellect and vocabulary and am able to put them down without resorting to the language and threats they throw at me. And I am just as capable of doing this face to face.

I have met some of the people who post on here and am happy to say that these encounters have all been positive and we have had some amusing conversations about some of the abovementioned nutters. I'd say the majority of people who post here are decent, with a minority of halfwits who have a range of pseudonyms to post under so it makes them look bigger than they actually are. Classic playground bully tactics.

However, there is one advantage of having such moronic individuals posting here, it sorts the men from the boys; the wheat from the chaff.

You can see immediately those who have a good point to make and who can make it with wit, common sense and personal knowledge. The other witless wonders who post here equally show themselves up to be the total opposite.

Bitter, twisted, uninformed, stupid and thick.

Just see what follows these comments and you will see what I mean. Thing is though, these days, I really haven't time or inclination to come back and read the utter trash that issues forth from their cotton wool brains.

Their nasty mission to try and destroy me and derail my life has done the exact opposite. It has demonstrated to me the clear need to remove such people from polite society and show them up for what they really are. I am enjoying my family and friends now more than ever as such experiences show you who your true friends are.

I am not a nasty or vindictive person as family and true friends will attest. But I will give as good as I get - in fact better. That can be said of lots of people. I will help anyone out. I like problem solving and am generally kind and helpful to people. (Except idiots and lefties - often one and the same!) Nor am I mad or deluded, or an ex or neo Nazi BNP or EDL member which has also been suggested. Nor do I eat babies or beat up old people.

I leave it to the sensible ones among you to judge for yourselves the difference between my measured, literate postings and their illiterate, barmpot ramblings and sheer nastiness and vile language. Not to mention their disgusting hatred and utter lies and contempt.

As for the garbage you will find about me on the internet; I think you will find it is mostly the work of the truly nasty and rabid paedophile and terrorist supporting UAF (ironically a fascist group themselves) and Hope Not Hate, both of which are filled with hate filled, unwashed, Satanic yobs that make the EDL look like student nuns.

These people are largely student types who make the best of their knowledge of hacking and cloning. I even had my emails hacked and my personal pictures and other intellectual property distributed far and wide. These nutters were posing as me but you could tell it wasn't me. They weren't intelligent enough to emulate my personal style.

And they are hardly in a position to comment on anybody else. What they all need is hosing down with carbolic soap and then locking away in asylums. Total barmpots.

I'm like Marmite, you either love me or hate me. And if you hate me it's because I tell the truth and you don't like it. I am also articulate, which you also don't like, particularly if you are not. My views are based on personal experience and research, not lies, BS and guesstimations. I know some people disagree but that's OK. They don't attack me because my politics are not identical to theirs. Only the true fascists of the Left will do that.

And if you hate me without even knowing me or anything about me, or because you are repeating somebody else's hateful comments and regurgitating old rubbish off the internet without questioning it or asking me for my opinion of it, that says more about you than it does about me.

Fire away and post your bile. I won't be back to read it but others will - and then they will get a superbly accurate demonstration of what the above story is all about, won't they? And you will, once again, be proving me right. Bring it on.

And I will have outwitted the idiots once again.. (It's not hard!) Go ahead and make my day...

and this time post your lies and filth under your own name if you dare. With legitimate and authentic evidence. Not cobbled together garbage posted by the fruitloops of the Loony Left

No? Thought not! ;D
Have you finished Gandy, time for Matron to give you a bed bath, then lights out at 7pm, for you have had your tantrum, now bed..
[quote][p][bold]Kim Gandy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ccd[/bold] wrote: So basically yet another excuse to monitor our Internet activities in case we do something wrong? Does privacy mean nothing to these people? IF someone commits a crime then use the existing legislation. Get the users IP address identified via a court order then go after them. There are existing laws for identifying people and for the various crimes they commit as outlined here. There is nothing new needed, it's just another excuse to normalise high levels of intrusion into people's daily lives.[/p][/quote]I disagree, I have suffered ongoing abuse for the past three years, via Facebook and Twitter. I removed my facebook account early last year due to it being hacked, cloned and all sorts of spurious and vile rubbish posted all over the place, some in my name and some by people I don't even know slagging me off because of the rubbish they have read about me. And I don't even have a Twitter account! However it didn't stop one particular jellybrain from setting one up in my name and posting as me. She has now been dealt with by the courts. I don't bother with social networking any more; it's full of loonytunes, dingalings and raving nutjobs and now they are outnumbering the decent folk on there. No thanks. Look at the lives Farcebook and Tw@tter have destroyed. People who have committed suicide; broken marriages, destroyed livelihoods, ruined businesses, shattered relationships between family and friends. All because of the sort of vile busybodies like the ones on this website that have even POSED as me by posting under my name (with one or two characters changed) - and even a pseudonym two weeks ago that included my name and a particularly nasty and untruthful allegation about me and drugs. I've never done drugs. Everything I say about myself on here, including the term of office as a town councillor is the truth. Something some folk wouldn't know or understand. Most of the garbage spouted about me is still online and has affected my life and livelihood adversely, I won't go into what I went through on this page because some of those people post on this website and I don't want to give them any credit, suffice it to say that the main perpetrators are now under investigation. And one is an inch short of being locked up if she does it again.. This is why I am so defensive on here and waste no opportunity to make this point. Most of the abuse I have suffered has been online although some has been done offline via Royal Mail but I cannot go into too much detail here for legal reasons. However, there are a number of vile abusers on here, who have made all sorts of spurious claims online about me. I suspect i may know at least one of these people but it is obvious to me from most of the comments, that the small minority of small minded idiots who slag off others as well as me -on here - don't know the first thing about me. Among these are Happy Chickie, This Year, Emcee and Mr Right. Note how NONE of these individuals have the guts, integrity, courage and honesty to a) post under their own names and b) confront me face to face with their vile and unfounded allegations about me, with supporting evidence that would stand up in a court of law. And I have offered them the opportunity several times. I have been through hell and back but now things are getting done. One of my abusers is now under a suspended prison sentence due to her abuse of myself and others in my political circle and others are under investigation. I have come through all of these problems a better person and am now feeling much better than I have done in a long time and have got to the stage where I just let friends screencap particularly libellous material. I don't bother to read it myself. There's no point because it just gives these nutters a platform. I am and always have been, happy to have a reasoned, sensible debate or discussion with anyone about politics or anything else for that matter. However, when the abuse gets personal and nasty,I fortunately possess a good intellect and vocabulary and am able to put them down without resorting to the language and threats they throw at me. And I am just as capable of doing this face to face. I have met some of the people who post on here and am happy to say that these encounters have all been positive and we have had some amusing conversations about some of the abovementioned nutters. I'd say the majority of people who post here are decent, with a minority of halfwits who have a range of pseudonyms to post under so it makes them look bigger than they actually are. Classic playground bully tactics. However, there is one advantage of having such moronic individuals posting here, it sorts the men from the boys; the wheat from the chaff. You can see immediately those who have a good point to make and who can make it with wit, common sense and personal knowledge. The other witless wonders who post here equally show themselves up to be the total opposite. Bitter, twisted, uninformed, stupid and thick. Just see what follows these comments and you will see what I mean. Thing is though, these days, I really haven't time or inclination to come back and read the utter trash that issues forth from their cotton wool brains. Their nasty mission to try and destroy me and derail my life has done the exact opposite. It has demonstrated to me the clear need to remove such people from polite society and show them up for what they really are. I am enjoying my family and friends now more than ever as such experiences show you who your true friends are. I am not a nasty or vindictive person as family and true friends will attest. But I will give as good as I get - in fact better. That can be said of lots of people. I will help anyone out. I like problem solving and am generally kind and helpful to people. (Except idiots and lefties - often one and the same!) Nor am I mad or deluded, or an ex or neo Nazi BNP or EDL member which has also been suggested. Nor do I eat babies or beat up old people. I leave it to the sensible ones among you to judge for yourselves the difference between my measured, literate postings and their illiterate, barmpot ramblings and sheer nastiness and vile language. Not to mention their disgusting hatred and utter lies and contempt. As for the garbage you will find about me on the internet; I think you will find it is mostly the work of the truly nasty and rabid paedophile and terrorist supporting UAF (ironically a fascist group themselves) and Hope Not Hate, both of which are filled with hate filled, unwashed, Satanic yobs that make the EDL look like student nuns. These people are largely student types who make the best of their knowledge of hacking and cloning. I even had my emails hacked and my personal pictures and other intellectual property distributed far and wide. These nutters were posing as me but you could tell it wasn't me. They weren't intelligent enough to emulate my personal style. And they are hardly in a position to comment on anybody else. What they all need is hosing down with carbolic soap and then locking away in asylums. Total barmpots. I'm like Marmite, you either love me or hate me. And if you hate me it's because I tell the truth and you don't like it. I am also articulate, which you also don't like, particularly if you are not. My views are based on personal experience and research, not lies, BS and guesstimations. I know some people disagree but that's OK. They don't attack me because my politics are not identical to theirs. Only the true fascists of the Left will do that. And if you hate me without even knowing me or anything about me, or because you are repeating somebody else's hateful comments and regurgitating old rubbish off the internet without questioning it or asking me for my opinion of it, that says more about you than it does about me. Fire away and post your bile. I won't be back to read it but others will - and then they will get a superbly accurate demonstration of what the above story is all about, won't they? And you will, once again, be proving me right. Bring it on. And I will have outwitted the idiots once again.. (It's not hard!) Go ahead and make my day... and this time post your lies and filth under your own name if you dare. With legitimate and authentic evidence. Not cobbled together garbage posted by the fruitloops of the Loony Left No? Thought not! ;D[/p][/quote]Have you finished Gandy, time for Matron to give you a bed bath, then lights out at 7pm, for you have had your tantrum, now bed.. John Right
  • Score: 3

1:09am Tue 15 Jul 14

ThisYear says...

Kim Gandy wrote:
ccd wrote:
So basically yet another excuse to monitor our Internet activities in case we do something wrong? Does privacy mean nothing to these people? IF someone commits a crime then use the existing legislation. Get the users IP address identified via a court order then go after them. There are existing laws for identifying people and for the various crimes they commit as outlined here. There is nothing new needed, it's just another excuse to normalise high levels of intrusion into people's daily lives.
I disagree, I have suffered ongoing abuse for the past three years, via Facebook and Twitter. I removed my facebook account early last year due to it being hacked, cloned and all sorts of spurious and vile rubbish posted all over the place, some in my name and some by people I don't even know slagging me off because of the rubbish they have read about me.

And I don't even have a Twitter account! However it didn't stop one particular jellybrain from setting one up in my name and posting as me. She has now been dealt with by the courts.

I don't bother with social networking any more; it's full of loonytunes, dingalings and raving nutjobs and now they are outnumbering the decent folk on there. No thanks.

Look at the lives Farcebook and Tw@tter have destroyed. People who have committed suicide; broken marriages, destroyed livelihoods, ruined businesses, shattered relationships between family and friends. All because of the sort of vile busybodies like the ones on this website that have even POSED as me by posting under my name (with one or two characters changed) - and even a pseudonym two weeks ago that included my name and a particularly nasty and untruthful allegation about me and drugs. I've never done drugs.

Everything I say about myself on here, including the term of office as a town councillor is the truth. Something some folk wouldn't know or understand.

Most of the garbage spouted about me is still online and has affected my life and livelihood adversely, I won't go into what I went through on this page because some of those people post on this website and I don't want to give them any credit, suffice it to say that the main perpetrators are now under investigation. And one is an inch short of being locked up if she does it again..

This is why I am so defensive on here and waste no opportunity to make this point. Most of the abuse I have suffered has been online although some has been done offline via Royal Mail but I cannot go into too much detail here for legal reasons.

However, there are a number of vile abusers on here, who have made all sorts of spurious claims online about me. I suspect i may know at least one of these people but it is obvious to me from most of the comments, that the small minority of small minded idiots who slag off others as well as me -on here - don't know the first thing about me.

Among these are Happy Chickie, This Year, Emcee and Mr Right. Note how NONE of these individuals have the guts, integrity, courage and honesty to a) post under their own names and b) confront me face to face with their vile and unfounded allegations about me, with supporting evidence that would stand up in a court of law. And I have offered them the opportunity several times.

I have been through hell and back but now things are getting done. One of my abusers is now under a suspended prison sentence due to her abuse of myself and others in my political circle and others are under investigation.

I have come through all of these problems a better person and am now feeling much better than I have done in a long time and have got to the stage where I just let friends screencap particularly libellous material. I don't bother to read it myself. There's no point because it just gives these nutters a platform.

I am and always have been, happy to have a reasoned, sensible debate or discussion with anyone about politics or anything else for that matter. However, when the abuse gets personal and nasty,I fortunately possess a good intellect and vocabulary and am able to put them down without resorting to the language and threats they throw at me. And I am just as capable of doing this face to face.

I have met some of the people who post on here and am happy to say that these encounters have all been positive and we have had some amusing conversations about some of the abovementioned nutters. I'd say the majority of people who post here are decent, with a minority of halfwits who have a range of pseudonyms to post under so it makes them look bigger than they actually are. Classic playground bully tactics.

However, there is one advantage of having such moronic individuals posting here, it sorts the men from the boys; the wheat from the chaff.

You can see immediately those who have a good point to make and who can make it with wit, common sense and personal knowledge. The other witless wonders who post here equally show themselves up to be the total opposite.

Bitter, twisted, uninformed, stupid and thick.

Just see what follows these comments and you will see what I mean. Thing is though, these days, I really haven't time or inclination to come back and read the utter trash that issues forth from their cotton wool brains.

Their nasty mission to try and destroy me and derail my life has done the exact opposite. It has demonstrated to me the clear need to remove such people from polite society and show them up for what they really are. I am enjoying my family and friends now more than ever as such experiences show you who your true friends are.

I am not a nasty or vindictive person as family and true friends will attest. But I will give as good as I get - in fact better. That can be said of lots of people. I will help anyone out. I like problem solving and am generally kind and helpful to people. (Except idiots and lefties - often one and the same!) Nor am I mad or deluded, or an ex or neo Nazi BNP or EDL member which has also been suggested. Nor do I eat babies or beat up old people.

I leave it to the sensible ones among you to judge for yourselves the difference between my measured, literate postings and their illiterate, barmpot ramblings and sheer nastiness and vile language. Not to mention their disgusting hatred and utter lies and contempt.

As for the garbage you will find about me on the internet; I think you will find it is mostly the work of the truly nasty and rabid paedophile and terrorist supporting UAF (ironically a fascist group themselves) and Hope Not Hate, both of which are filled with hate filled, unwashed, Satanic yobs that make the EDL look like student nuns.

These people are largely student types who make the best of their knowledge of hacking and cloning. I even had my emails hacked and my personal pictures and other intellectual property distributed far and wide. These nutters were posing as me but you could tell it wasn't me. They weren't intelligent enough to emulate my personal style.

And they are hardly in a position to comment on anybody else. What they all need is hosing down with carbolic soap and then locking away in asylums. Total barmpots.

I'm like Marmite, you either love me or hate me. And if you hate me it's because I tell the truth and you don't like it. I am also articulate, which you also don't like, particularly if you are not. My views are based on personal experience and research, not lies, BS and guesstimations. I know some people disagree but that's OK. They don't attack me because my politics are not identical to theirs. Only the true fascists of the Left will do that.

And if you hate me without even knowing me or anything about me, or because you are repeating somebody else's hateful comments and regurgitating old rubbish off the internet without questioning it or asking me for my opinion of it, that says more about you than it does about me.

Fire away and post your bile. I won't be back to read it but others will - and then they will get a superbly accurate demonstration of what the above story is all about, won't they? And you will, once again, be proving me right. Bring it on.

And I will have outwitted the idiots once again.. (It's not hard!) Go ahead and make my day...

and this time post your lies and filth under your own name if you dare. With legitimate and authentic evidence. Not cobbled together garbage posted by the fruitloops of the Loony Left

No? Thought not! ;D
"However, there are a number of vile abusers on here, who have made all sorts of spurious claims online about me.

Among these are Happy Chickie, This Year, Emcee and Mr Right."

Is that not a spurious claim about me?

What spurious claim have a made against you Ranty?

I merely ask if you took part in a apartheid type action against little children...to date you refuse to answer!

Why is that?

You boast of being a councillor...I ask if you were a unpolitical councillor!

And i so just what is a 'unpolitical councillor'

To date you have refused to answer.

Why is that.


Now you ask readers to believe you post and then dont read the replies..

Why is that?

Or are you lying when you say you dont, to avoid having to answer some 'awkward' questions?

So come on then, instead of telling everyone what a lovely person you are how about you answer some simple question ie the ones I have asked of you..OR will it be more ranting about 'lefties, fruitloops, nutjobs, matrons, medication' etc etc..put your money where your big mouth is and answer some questions.
[quote][p][bold]Kim Gandy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ccd[/bold] wrote: So basically yet another excuse to monitor our Internet activities in case we do something wrong? Does privacy mean nothing to these people? IF someone commits a crime then use the existing legislation. Get the users IP address identified via a court order then go after them. There are existing laws for identifying people and for the various crimes they commit as outlined here. There is nothing new needed, it's just another excuse to normalise high levels of intrusion into people's daily lives.[/p][/quote]I disagree, I have suffered ongoing abuse for the past three years, via Facebook and Twitter. I removed my facebook account early last year due to it being hacked, cloned and all sorts of spurious and vile rubbish posted all over the place, some in my name and some by people I don't even know slagging me off because of the rubbish they have read about me. And I don't even have a Twitter account! However it didn't stop one particular jellybrain from setting one up in my name and posting as me. She has now been dealt with by the courts. I don't bother with social networking any more; it's full of loonytunes, dingalings and raving nutjobs and now they are outnumbering the decent folk on there. No thanks. Look at the lives Farcebook and Tw@tter have destroyed. People who have committed suicide; broken marriages, destroyed livelihoods, ruined businesses, shattered relationships between family and friends. All because of the sort of vile busybodies like the ones on this website that have even POSED as me by posting under my name (with one or two characters changed) - and even a pseudonym two weeks ago that included my name and a particularly nasty and untruthful allegation about me and drugs. I've never done drugs. Everything I say about myself on here, including the term of office as a town councillor is the truth. Something some folk wouldn't know or understand. Most of the garbage spouted about me is still online and has affected my life and livelihood adversely, I won't go into what I went through on this page because some of those people post on this website and I don't want to give them any credit, suffice it to say that the main perpetrators are now under investigation. And one is an inch short of being locked up if she does it again.. This is why I am so defensive on here and waste no opportunity to make this point. Most of the abuse I have suffered has been online although some has been done offline via Royal Mail but I cannot go into too much detail here for legal reasons. However, there are a number of vile abusers on here, who have made all sorts of spurious claims online about me. I suspect i may know at least one of these people but it is obvious to me from most of the comments, that the small minority of small minded idiots who slag off others as well as me -on here - don't know the first thing about me. Among these are Happy Chickie, This Year, Emcee and Mr Right. Note how NONE of these individuals have the guts, integrity, courage and honesty to a) post under their own names and b) confront me face to face with their vile and unfounded allegations about me, with supporting evidence that would stand up in a court of law. And I have offered them the opportunity several times. I have been through hell and back but now things are getting done. One of my abusers is now under a suspended prison sentence due to her abuse of myself and others in my political circle and others are under investigation. I have come through all of these problems a better person and am now feeling much better than I have done in a long time and have got to the stage where I just let friends screencap particularly libellous material. I don't bother to read it myself. There's no point because it just gives these nutters a platform. I am and always have been, happy to have a reasoned, sensible debate or discussion with anyone about politics or anything else for that matter. However, when the abuse gets personal and nasty,I fortunately possess a good intellect and vocabulary and am able to put them down without resorting to the language and threats they throw at me. And I am just as capable of doing this face to face. I have met some of the people who post on here and am happy to say that these encounters have all been positive and we have had some amusing conversations about some of the abovementioned nutters. I'd say the majority of people who post here are decent, with a minority of halfwits who have a range of pseudonyms to post under so it makes them look bigger than they actually are. Classic playground bully tactics. However, there is one advantage of having such moronic individuals posting here, it sorts the men from the boys; the wheat from the chaff. You can see immediately those who have a good point to make and who can make it with wit, common sense and personal knowledge. The other witless wonders who post here equally show themselves up to be the total opposite. Bitter, twisted, uninformed, stupid and thick. Just see what follows these comments and you will see what I mean. Thing is though, these days, I really haven't time or inclination to come back and read the utter trash that issues forth from their cotton wool brains. Their nasty mission to try and destroy me and derail my life has done the exact opposite. It has demonstrated to me the clear need to remove such people from polite society and show them up for what they really are. I am enjoying my family and friends now more than ever as such experiences show you who your true friends are. I am not a nasty or vindictive person as family and true friends will attest. But I will give as good as I get - in fact better. That can be said of lots of people. I will help anyone out. I like problem solving and am generally kind and helpful to people. (Except idiots and lefties - often one and the same!) Nor am I mad or deluded, or an ex or neo Nazi BNP or EDL member which has also been suggested. Nor do I eat babies or beat up old people. I leave it to the sensible ones among you to judge for yourselves the difference between my measured, literate postings and their illiterate, barmpot ramblings and sheer nastiness and vile language. Not to mention their disgusting hatred and utter lies and contempt. As for the garbage you will find about me on the internet; I think you will find it is mostly the work of the truly nasty and rabid paedophile and terrorist supporting UAF (ironically a fascist group themselves) and Hope Not Hate, both of which are filled with hate filled, unwashed, Satanic yobs that make the EDL look like student nuns. These people are largely student types who make the best of their knowledge of hacking and cloning. I even had my emails hacked and my personal pictures and other intellectual property distributed far and wide. These nutters were posing as me but you could tell it wasn't me. They weren't intelligent enough to emulate my personal style. And they are hardly in a position to comment on anybody else. What they all need is hosing down with carbolic soap and then locking away in asylums. Total barmpots. I'm like Marmite, you either love me or hate me. And if you hate me it's because I tell the truth and you don't like it. I am also articulate, which you also don't like, particularly if you are not. My views are based on personal experience and research, not lies, BS and guesstimations. I know some people disagree but that's OK. They don't attack me because my politics are not identical to theirs. Only the true fascists of the Left will do that. And if you hate me without even knowing me or anything about me, or because you are repeating somebody else's hateful comments and regurgitating old rubbish off the internet without questioning it or asking me for my opinion of it, that says more about you than it does about me. Fire away and post your bile. I won't be back to read it but others will - and then they will get a superbly accurate demonstration of what the above story is all about, won't they? And you will, once again, be proving me right. Bring it on. And I will have outwitted the idiots once again.. (It's not hard!) Go ahead and make my day... and this time post your lies and filth under your own name if you dare. With legitimate and authentic evidence. Not cobbled together garbage posted by the fruitloops of the Loony Left No? Thought not! ;D[/p][/quote]"However, there are a number of vile abusers on here, who have made all sorts of spurious claims online about me. Among these are Happy Chickie, This Year, Emcee and Mr Right." Is that not a spurious claim about me? What spurious claim have a made against you Ranty? I merely ask if you took part in a apartheid type action against little children...to date you refuse to answer! Why is that? You boast of being a councillor...I ask if you were a unpolitical councillor! And i so just what is a 'unpolitical councillor' To date you have refused to answer. Why is that. Now you ask readers to believe you post and then dont read the replies.. Why is that? Or are you lying when you say you dont, to avoid having to answer some 'awkward' questions? So come on then, instead of telling everyone what a lovely person you are how about you answer some simple question ie the ones I have asked of you..OR will it be more ranting about 'lefties, fruitloops, nutjobs, matrons, medication' etc etc..put your money where your big mouth is and answer some questions. ThisYear
  • Score: 2

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree