GP bans family for filming him

GP bans family for filming him

GP bans family for filming him

First published in News

A FAMILY have been banned from a GP surgery after secretly filming their doctor.

Clayhill Medical Practice, in Southview Road, Vange, sent a letter to the Richardson telling them they had been struck off the patient register.

Doctor Frank Hlordzi has refused to treat them again after dad Lee, 30, recorded the GP on his mobile phone.

Mr Richardson and wife Amy, 28, of Frettons, Vange, had taken oneyear- old daughter Isabelle to see the doctor after a health visitor suggested she might have hypermobility syndrome, which makes joints flexible and painful.

The couple became frustrated after Dr Hlordzi disagreed and refused to test Isabelle for the condition, so Mr Richardson began filming the appointment as “evidence”.

He said: “The doctor said there was no way a one-year-old could have hypermobility syndrome. We were only going on information we had been given.

“Normally, toddlers can crawl and pull themselves up, but Isabelle doesn’t, she just slides herself along.

“We know there is something wrong with her, but we can’t get to the bottom of it.”

Marie Venkatasawmy, manager of Clayhill Medical Practice, said: “Without the doctors knowledge or consent a recording was taken.

“It has broken down the trust and the doctor doesn’t feel he can continue to treat a patient who has done that.”

Comments (47)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

12:45pm Fri 25 Jul 14

pembury53 says...

who do they think they are, private detectives ? I would have slung them out, there and then...
who do they think they are, private detectives ? I would have slung them out, there and then... pembury53
  • Score: 35

12:46pm Fri 25 Jul 14

anon anon says...

ive got that tee shirt
ive got that tee shirt anon anon
  • Score: 1

12:59pm Fri 25 Jul 14

sesibollox says...

Let them now find somewhere else to get treated, bloody cheek, he looks dense
Let them now find somewhere else to get treated, bloody cheek, he looks dense sesibollox
  • Score: 37

1:00pm Fri 25 Jul 14

_Lotus_ says...

There are channels to go through, this wasn't the correct channels.

Instead of filming the doctor, they should have insisted on a second opinion.
There are channels to go through, this wasn't the correct channels. Instead of filming the doctor, they should have insisted on a second opinion. _Lotus_
  • Score: 80

1:05pm Fri 25 Jul 14

n-unknown says...

They had good intentions - trying to build up a case against someone who they believed was not doing their job properly - but I can't say I'm surprised about the outcome. It's not like he was doing anything to warrant being secretly spied on, so that he was caught in the 'act'.

They should have got the doctor to write an official letter which states why he does not believe their girl does not have hypermobility syndrome, got a second opinion from a different doctor, and then complained to the NHS if both doctors were not in agreement.

Although health visitors can be knowledgeable and have good intentions, they are not a qualified doctors.
They had good intentions - trying to build up a case against someone who they believed was not doing their job properly - but I can't say I'm surprised about the outcome. It's not like he was doing anything to warrant being secretly spied on, so that he was caught in the 'act'. They should have got the doctor to write an official letter which states why he does not believe their girl does not have hypermobility syndrome, got a second opinion from a different doctor, and then complained to the NHS if both doctors were not in agreement. Although health visitors can be knowledgeable and have good intentions, they are not a qualified doctors. n-unknown
  • Score: 49

1:08pm Fri 25 Jul 14

Nebs says...

_Lotus_ wrote:
There are channels to go through, this wasn't the correct channels.

Instead of filming the doctor, they should have insisted on a second opinion.
They will get one now from their new doctor, if they can find a practice to take them on after appearing in the Echo.
[quote][p][bold]_Lotus_[/bold] wrote: There are channels to go through, this wasn't the correct channels. Instead of filming the doctor, they should have insisted on a second opinion.[/p][/quote]They will get one now from their new doctor, if they can find a practice to take them on after appearing in the Echo. Nebs
  • Score: 45

1:13pm Fri 25 Jul 14

The Macduffian says...

If it was the other way round, i.e. the doctor filming them, he would have had the book thrown at him, now the shoe is on the other foot, hope all the local doctors refuse to accept them
If it was the other way round, i.e. the doctor filming them, he would have had the book thrown at him, now the shoe is on the other foot, hope all the local doctors refuse to accept them The Macduffian
  • Score: 32

2:32pm Fri 25 Jul 14

ThisYear says...

A GP refusing to refer someone for tests or to a consultant needs to explain why and have it on record that he has refused.

The couple should of asked that his refusal be recorded on the record and then applied for the record..job done..although it probably wouldn't of got to that stage, as soon as the GP realised it was to be placed on record he would of made the referral..
A GP refusing to refer someone for tests or to a consultant needs to explain why and have it on record that he has refused. The couple should of asked that his refusal be recorded on the record and then applied for the record..job done..although it probably wouldn't of got to that stage, as soon as the GP realised it was to be placed on record he would of made the referral.. ThisYear
  • Score: 7

2:33pm Fri 25 Jul 14

ThisYear says...

The Macduffian wrote:
If it was the other way round, i.e. the doctor filming them, he would have had the book thrown at him, now the shoe is on the other foot, hope all the local doctors refuse to accept them
Why on earth would you 'hope' that?

Are you insanely vindictive?
[quote][p][bold]The Macduffian[/bold] wrote: If it was the other way round, i.e. the doctor filming them, he would have had the book thrown at him, now the shoe is on the other foot, hope all the local doctors refuse to accept them[/p][/quote]Why on earth would you 'hope' that? Are you insanely vindictive? ThisYear
  • Score: 7

3:09pm Fri 25 Jul 14

ORACUS says...

The doctor should not have had a problem unless he has something to hide.
The doctor should not have had a problem unless he has something to hide. ORACUS
  • Score: -26

3:24pm Fri 25 Jul 14

supermadmax says...

Poor GP, probably a locum on £1000 a day. These people think they are Gods and won't have their authority questioned.
Poor GP, probably a locum on £1000 a day. These people think they are Gods and won't have their authority questioned. supermadmax
  • Score: -31

4:48pm Fri 25 Jul 14

leslog says...

DR AND PATIENT MUST HAVE TRUST IN EACH OTHER,SEEMS a bit strong to film and record the GP NOT to say they do make mistakes,GP PUT ON THE SPOT HERE ,better they seek another GP
DR AND PATIENT MUST HAVE TRUST IN EACH OTHER,SEEMS a bit strong to film and record the GP NOT to say they do make mistakes,GP PUT ON THE SPOT HERE ,better they seek another GP leslog
  • Score: 4

4:58pm Fri 25 Jul 14

landydave says...

Good! are they seriously wondering why the doctor is in the slightest bit pi$$ed off when someone starts to film them without their permission. have there been chemical experiments in essex in the past or is it just down to luck that there are so many self centred thick people around!

find another doctor and stop looking for scapegoat becuase your kid hasnt worked out how to walk yet!
Good! are they seriously wondering why the doctor is in the slightest bit pi$$ed off when someone starts to film them without their permission. have there been chemical experiments in essex in the past or is it just down to luck that there are so many self centred thick people around! find another doctor and stop looking for scapegoat becuase your kid hasnt worked out how to walk yet! landydave
  • Score: 13

5:22pm Fri 25 Jul 14

ORACUS says...

It is most unprofessional for a GP to behave in this way they may have a very good reason for not trusting a doctor.
It is a doctor job to treat this inability to trust him not pass the problem onto another GP.
I hope they find a proper doctor soon.
It is most unprofessional for a GP to behave in this way they may have a very good reason for not trusting a doctor. It is a doctor job to treat this inability to trust him not pass the problem onto another GP. I hope they find a proper doctor soon. ORACUS
  • Score: -15

6:32pm Fri 25 Jul 14

mummy 3 says...

What the story fails to say is the doctor was aggressive towards the patients and also laughed at them when they were expressing concerns about their daughter. Once he became irate that was when the recording
began so they had some evidence . No one should be treated this way you shouldnt judge until you know the full story I do know that the baby is now under a pediatrician
What the story fails to say is the doctor was aggressive towards the patients and also laughed at them when they were expressing concerns about their daughter. Once he became irate that was when the recording began so they had some evidence . No one should be treated this way you shouldnt judge until you know the full story I do know that the baby is now under a pediatrician mummy 3
  • Score: 24

6:34pm Fri 25 Jul 14

daninorth says...

Although I completely understand their reasons I feel they should've just requested a second opion,if they do not trust this doctor then I would think they would be happy to go elsewhere. I hope they get to the bottom of their daughters problem and wish her well.
Although I completely understand their reasons I feel they should've just requested a second opion,if they do not trust this doctor then I would think they would be happy to go elsewhere. I hope they get to the bottom of their daughters problem and wish her well. daninorth
  • Score: 21

7:53pm Fri 25 Jul 14

supermadmax says...

mummy 3 wrote:
What the story fails to say is the doctor was aggressive towards the patients and also laughed at them when they were expressing concerns about their daughter. Once he became irate that was when the recording
began so they had some evidence . No one should be treated this way you shouldnt judge until you know the full story I do know that the baby is now under a pediatrician
Don't waste your energy, 1/2 of these muppets will never get it, they go by what is written in black and white and lack the ability or common sense to see between the lines.
[quote][p][bold]mummy 3[/bold] wrote: What the story fails to say is the doctor was aggressive towards the patients and also laughed at them when they were expressing concerns about their daughter. Once he became irate that was when the recording began so they had some evidence . No one should be treated this way you shouldnt judge until you know the full story I do know that the baby is now under a pediatrician[/p][/quote]Don't waste your energy, 1/2 of these muppets will never get it, they go by what is written in black and white and lack the ability or common sense to see between the lines. supermadmax
  • Score: 0

10:45pm Fri 25 Jul 14

pussycats says...

I'm actually fully behind this Doctor and have read between the lines.The family obviously attended his surgery with the pretence to record him. Have they attended before? What was their attitude previously? There is a lot more to this story. Saying that......if the family were so unhappy....to try and ruin a good Doctors Reputation..is not the way to go. Everyone is entitled to a second opinion, they only had to ask. This society of seeking compensation and revenge, is getting out of hand. Hope Isabelle is progressing well.
I'm actually fully behind this Doctor and have read between the lines.The family obviously attended his surgery with the pretence to record him. Have they attended before? What was their attitude previously? There is a lot more to this story. Saying that......if the family were so unhappy....to try and ruin a good Doctors Reputation..is not the way to go. Everyone is entitled to a second opinion, they only had to ask. This society of seeking compensation and revenge, is getting out of hand. Hope Isabelle is progressing well. pussycats
  • Score: 11

11:16pm Fri 25 Jul 14

Misty4 says...

To film the doctor in that way was damned rude of him! There are channels that you can go down if you don't agree with a diagnosis but whipping out the mobile and filming is just not on!
To film the doctor in that way was damned rude of him! There are channels that you can go down if you don't agree with a diagnosis but whipping out the mobile and filming is just not on! Misty4
  • Score: 9

11:23pm Fri 25 Jul 14

Kim Gandy says...

ThisYear wrote:
A GP refusing to refer someone for tests or to a consultant needs to explain why and have it on record that he has refused.

The couple should of asked that his refusal be recorded on the record and then applied for the record..job done..although it probably wouldn't of got to that stage, as soon as the GP realised it was to be placed on record he would of made the referral..
"should have" and "would have". Not "of". I keep telling you. When are you going to express yourself properly, in good English?

No they don't have to explain why actually.

And for the record, not all children crawl or walk by the age of one. Children find a multitude of ways to propel themselves and it's not always by text book methods. Many children "slide" instead of crawling.

This is a huge over reaction and I agree with the other poster who said they should HAVE (not OF) got a second opinion.

I keep telling you, don't post if you cannot make sense.

Go and wash your curtains. They must get even grubbier in this heat when you're twitching them.
[quote][p][bold]ThisYear[/bold] wrote: A GP refusing to refer someone for tests or to a consultant needs to explain why and have it on record that he has refused. The couple should of asked that his refusal be recorded on the record and then applied for the record..job done..although it probably wouldn't of got to that stage, as soon as the GP realised it was to be placed on record he would of made the referral..[/p][/quote]"should have" and "would have". Not "of". I keep telling you. When are you going to express yourself properly, in good English? No they don't have to explain why actually. And for the record, not all children crawl or walk by the age of one. Children find a multitude of ways to propel themselves and it's not always by text book methods. Many children "slide" instead of crawling. This is a huge over reaction and I agree with the other poster who said they should HAVE (not OF) got a second opinion. I keep telling you, don't post if you cannot make sense. Go and wash your curtains. They must get even grubbier in this heat when you're twitching them. Kim Gandy
  • Score: 8

11:26pm Fri 25 Jul 14

Kim Gandy says...

ThisYear wrote:
The Macduffian wrote:
If it was the other way round, i.e. the doctor filming them, he would have had the book thrown at him, now the shoe is on the other foot, hope all the local doctors refuse to accept them
Why on earth would you 'hope' that?

Are you insanely vindictive?
Coming from you, that's absolutely astonishing.

I hereby award you the Platinum Pot and Kettle Medal for outstanding hypocrisy.

You are by far and away, the most vindictive person on here, with the possible exception of your various alter egos such as Happy Chucky and John Wrong.
[quote][p][bold]ThisYear[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]The Macduffian[/bold] wrote: If it was the other way round, i.e. the doctor filming them, he would have had the book thrown at him, now the shoe is on the other foot, hope all the local doctors refuse to accept them[/p][/quote]Why on earth would you 'hope' that? Are you insanely vindictive?[/p][/quote]Coming from you, that's absolutely astonishing. I hereby award you the Platinum Pot and Kettle Medal for outstanding hypocrisy. You are by far and away, the most vindictive person on here, with the possible exception of your various alter egos such as Happy Chucky and John Wrong. Kim Gandy
  • Score: 6

11:31pm Fri 25 Jul 14

Kim Gandy says...

supermadmax wrote:
mummy 3 wrote:
What the story fails to say is the doctor was aggressive towards the patients and also laughed at them when they were expressing concerns about their daughter. Once he became irate that was when the recording
began so they had some evidence . No one should be treated this way you shouldnt judge until you know the full story I do know that the baby is now under a pediatrician
Don't waste your energy, 1/2 of these muppets will never get it, they go by what is written in black and white and lack the ability or common sense to see between the lines.
I have to agree with that statement.

I'm on the receiving end of it a lot of the time.

The idiots on here will believe anything it suits them to believe and reject the truth at will. And if it doesn't fit they will make it fit, just to suit their insane twisted ideologies.

And the more twisted their commentary, the more lies and conjecture and stupid comments and personal insults, the LESS likely they are to undersign their bile with a GENUINE SIGNATURE.
[quote][p][bold]supermadmax[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mummy 3[/bold] wrote: What the story fails to say is the doctor was aggressive towards the patients and also laughed at them when they were expressing concerns about their daughter. Once he became irate that was when the recording began so they had some evidence . No one should be treated this way you shouldnt judge until you know the full story I do know that the baby is now under a pediatrician[/p][/quote]Don't waste your energy, 1/2 of these muppets will never get it, they go by what is written in black and white and lack the ability or common sense to see between the lines.[/p][/quote]I have to agree with that statement. I'm on the receiving end of it a lot of the time. The idiots on here will believe anything it suits them to believe and reject the truth at will. And if it doesn't fit they will make it fit, just to suit their insane twisted ideologies. And the more twisted their commentary, the more lies and conjecture and stupid comments and personal insults, the LESS likely they are to undersign their bile with a GENUINE SIGNATURE. Kim Gandy
  • Score: 6

12:10am Sat 26 Jul 14

ThisYear says...

Kim Gandy wrote:
ThisYear wrote:
A GP refusing to refer someone for tests or to a consultant needs to explain why and have it on record that he has refused.

The couple should of asked that his refusal be recorded on the record and then applied for the record..job done..although it probably wouldn't of got to that stage, as soon as the GP realised it was to be placed on record he would of made the referral..
"should have" and "would have". Not "of". I keep telling you. When are you going to express yourself properly, in good English?

No they don't have to explain why actually.

And for the record, not all children crawl or walk by the age of one. Children find a multitude of ways to propel themselves and it's not always by text book methods. Many children "slide" instead of crawling.

This is a huge over reaction and I agree with the other poster who said they should HAVE (not OF) got a second opinion.

I keep telling you, don't post if you cannot make sense.

Go and wash your curtains. They must get even grubbier in this heat when you're twitching them.
Go away and haunt an empty council chamber you deranged bogbrush
[quote][p][bold]Kim Gandy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ThisYear[/bold] wrote: A GP refusing to refer someone for tests or to a consultant needs to explain why and have it on record that he has refused. The couple should of asked that his refusal be recorded on the record and then applied for the record..job done..although it probably wouldn't of got to that stage, as soon as the GP realised it was to be placed on record he would of made the referral..[/p][/quote]"should have" and "would have". Not "of". I keep telling you. When are you going to express yourself properly, in good English? No they don't have to explain why actually. And for the record, not all children crawl or walk by the age of one. Children find a multitude of ways to propel themselves and it's not always by text book methods. Many children "slide" instead of crawling. This is a huge over reaction and I agree with the other poster who said they should HAVE (not OF) got a second opinion. I keep telling you, don't post if you cannot make sense. Go and wash your curtains. They must get even grubbier in this heat when you're twitching them.[/p][/quote]Go away and haunt an empty council chamber you deranged bogbrush ThisYear
  • Score: -8

12:15am Sat 26 Jul 14

ThisYear says...

Kim Gandy wrote:
ThisYear wrote:
The Macduffian wrote:
If it was the other way round, i.e. the doctor filming them, he would have had the book thrown at him, now the shoe is on the other foot, hope all the local doctors refuse to accept them
Why on earth would you 'hope' that?

Are you insanely vindictive?
Coming from you, that's absolutely astonishing.

I hereby award you the Platinum Pot and Kettle Medal for outstanding hypocrisy.

You are by far and away, the most vindictive person on here, with the possible exception of your various alter egos such as Happy Chucky and John Wrong.
Oh dear, again displaying your confudion for all to see...you think everyone who confronts you and your putrid comments and ideology is one and the same poster...you really really have issues...unfortunate
ly you dont have any real friends to advise you of this..

How long before you get these comments closed down?

Does someone have to mention the apartheid action against little children to get it closed down?
[quote][p][bold]Kim Gandy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ThisYear[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]The Macduffian[/bold] wrote: If it was the other way round, i.e. the doctor filming them, he would have had the book thrown at him, now the shoe is on the other foot, hope all the local doctors refuse to accept them[/p][/quote]Why on earth would you 'hope' that? Are you insanely vindictive?[/p][/quote]Coming from you, that's absolutely astonishing. I hereby award you the Platinum Pot and Kettle Medal for outstanding hypocrisy. You are by far and away, the most vindictive person on here, with the possible exception of your various alter egos such as Happy Chucky and John Wrong.[/p][/quote]Oh dear, again displaying your confudion for all to see...you think everyone who confronts you and your putrid comments and ideology is one and the same poster...you really really have issues...unfortunate ly you dont have any real friends to advise you of this.. How long before you get these comments closed down? Does someone have to mention the apartheid action against little children to get it closed down? ThisYear
  • Score: -5

12:30am Sat 26 Jul 14

Forth 89 says...

ThisYear wrote:
Kim Gandy wrote:
ThisYear wrote:
A GP refusing to refer someone for tests or to a consultant needs to explain why and have it on record that he has refused.

The couple should of asked that his refusal be recorded on the record and then applied for the record..job done..although it probably wouldn't of got to that stage, as soon as the GP realised it was to be placed on record he would of made the referral..
"should have" and "would have". Not "of". I keep telling you. When are you going to express yourself properly, in good English?

No they don't have to explain why actually.

And for the record, not all children crawl or walk by the age of one. Children find a multitude of ways to propel themselves and it's not always by text book methods. Many children "slide" instead of crawling.

This is a huge over reaction and I agree with the other poster who said they should HAVE (not OF) got a second opinion.

I keep telling you, don't post if you cannot make sense.

Go and wash your curtains. They must get even grubbier in this heat when you're twitching them.
Go away and haunt an empty council chamber you deranged bogbrush
I completely understand why this family filmed this doctor. I have had dealings with him myself and can say he is a useless doctor. My son had discoid eczema which he failed to diagnose. Now I know eczema is hard to diagnose but when a baby is presented to you with blisters that are bleeding and show signs of infection and you do nothing, that's someone who isn't doing their job. I had to insist he see dermatology but dr frank wouldn't refer him so we switched doctors and they referred him straight away. I personally went to see him many times about a nasal problem to which he just laughed at me, said I talked through my nose and said there was nothing he could do. Told my new gp, turns out I have a bent septum and will require corrective surgery in order to breathe properly. When your child is unwell and a doctor is refusing to help you, you try all sorts of things. Things like this for instance that are regrettable. But people need to remember that this family are obviously desperate for answers and a diagnosis. The fact that the doctor had to kick the patients out of the surgery says to me that they have something to hide or know that they should have referred them and are trying to cover up their tracks. It's shoddy behaviour from the surgery!
[quote][p][bold]ThisYear[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Kim Gandy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ThisYear[/bold] wrote: A GP refusing to refer someone for tests or to a consultant needs to explain why and have it on record that he has refused. The couple should of asked that his refusal be recorded on the record and then applied for the record..job done..although it probably wouldn't of got to that stage, as soon as the GP realised it was to be placed on record he would of made the referral..[/p][/quote]"should have" and "would have". Not "of". I keep telling you. When are you going to express yourself properly, in good English? No they don't have to explain why actually. And for the record, not all children crawl or walk by the age of one. Children find a multitude of ways to propel themselves and it's not always by text book methods. Many children "slide" instead of crawling. This is a huge over reaction and I agree with the other poster who said they should HAVE (not OF) got a second opinion. I keep telling you, don't post if you cannot make sense. Go and wash your curtains. They must get even grubbier in this heat when you're twitching them.[/p][/quote]Go away and haunt an empty council chamber you deranged bogbrush[/p][/quote]I completely understand why this family filmed this doctor. I have had dealings with him myself and can say he is a useless doctor. My son had discoid eczema which he failed to diagnose. Now I know eczema is hard to diagnose but when a baby is presented to you with blisters that are bleeding and show signs of infection and you do nothing, that's someone who isn't doing their job. I had to insist he see dermatology but dr frank wouldn't refer him so we switched doctors and they referred him straight away. I personally went to see him many times about a nasal problem to which he just laughed at me, said I talked through my nose and said there was nothing he could do. Told my new gp, turns out I have a bent septum and will require corrective surgery in order to breathe properly. When your child is unwell and a doctor is refusing to help you, you try all sorts of things. Things like this for instance that are regrettable. But people need to remember that this family are obviously desperate for answers and a diagnosis. The fact that the doctor had to kick the patients out of the surgery says to me that they have something to hide or know that they should have referred them and are trying to cover up their tracks. It's shoddy behaviour from the surgery! Forth 89
  • Score: 41

12:47am Sat 26 Jul 14

pussycats says...

To Kim Gandy and to some of you other subscribers to this site. The stories that we comment on, are not personal to us, but we have a say...in either disagreement, support or disbelief and some that "try" to be funny, They often fail, because we have all heard the jokes before! Those of you that constantly attack each other verbally, through accusations to one or another, I find childish... a lack of maturity and totally uncalled for.
To Kim Gandy and to some of you other subscribers to this site. The stories that we comment on, are not personal to us, but we have a say...in either disagreement, support or disbelief and some that "try" to be funny, They often fail, because we have all heard the jokes before! Those of you that constantly attack each other verbally, through accusations to one or another, I find childish... a lack of maturity and totally uncalled for. pussycats
  • Score: 21

11:12am Sat 26 Jul 14

Mattster says...

ThisYear wrote:
A GP refusing to refer someone for tests or to a consultant needs to explain why and have it on record that he has refused.

The couple should of asked that his refusal be recorded on the record and then applied for the record..job done..although it probably wouldn't of got to that stage, as soon as the GP realised it was to be placed on record he would of made the referral..
Agreed.
[quote][p][bold]ThisYear[/bold] wrote: A GP refusing to refer someone for tests or to a consultant needs to explain why and have it on record that he has refused. The couple should of asked that his refusal be recorded on the record and then applied for the record..job done..although it probably wouldn't of got to that stage, as soon as the GP realised it was to be placed on record he would of made the referral..[/p][/quote]Agreed. Mattster
  • Score: 5

11:57am Sat 26 Jul 14

Fab man says...

pussycats wrote:
To Kim Gandy and to some of you other subscribers to this site. The stories that we comment on, are not personal to us, but we have a say...in either disagreement, support or disbelief and some that "try" to be funny, They often fail, because we have all heard the jokes before! Those of you that constantly attack each other verbally, through accusations to one or another, I find childish... a lack of maturity and totally uncalled for.
Well put pussycats. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but this childish bickering is annoying. To Kim Gandy & others - since you clearly know each other why don't you just email and do your political point scoring on there instead of here.
[quote][p][bold]pussycats[/bold] wrote: To Kim Gandy and to some of you other subscribers to this site. The stories that we comment on, are not personal to us, but we have a say...in either disagreement, support or disbelief and some that "try" to be funny, They often fail, because we have all heard the jokes before! Those of you that constantly attack each other verbally, through accusations to one or another, I find childish... a lack of maturity and totally uncalled for.[/p][/quote]Well put pussycats. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but this childish bickering is annoying. To Kim Gandy & others - since you clearly know each other why don't you just email and do your political point scoring on there instead of here. Fab man
  • Score: 23

10:18pm Sat 26 Jul 14

Ladybugnina says...

Regardless to the fact that they shouldn't of filmed the gp, I hope they find some answers with their daughter. I am 35 and still trying to get diagnosed for this connective tissue problem.
Regardless to the fact that they shouldn't of filmed the gp, I hope they find some answers with their daughter. I am 35 and still trying to get diagnosed for this connective tissue problem. Ladybugnina
  • Score: 3

11:46pm Sat 26 Jul 14

imnotanimby says...

mummy 3 wrote:
What the story fails to say is the doctor was aggressive towards the patients and also laughed at them when they were expressing concerns about their daughter. Once he became irate that was when the recording
began so they had some evidence . No one should be treated this way you shouldnt judge until you know the full story I do know that the baby is now under a pediatrician
If these accusations were actually true surely the family would immediately have found a new GP and most likely made a complaint to the practice manager and/or the GMC, not waited for the practice to strike them off. The practice manager is absolutely correct when she states that the trust between them and the GP has broken down as in their own words they were gathering 'evidence'.
[quote][p][bold]mummy 3[/bold] wrote: What the story fails to say is the doctor was aggressive towards the patients and also laughed at them when they were expressing concerns about their daughter. Once he became irate that was when the recording began so they had some evidence . No one should be treated this way you shouldnt judge until you know the full story I do know that the baby is now under a pediatrician[/p][/quote]If these accusations were actually true surely the family would immediately have found a new GP and most likely made a complaint to the practice manager and/or the GMC, not waited for the practice to strike them off. The practice manager is absolutely correct when she states that the trust between them and the GP has broken down as in their own words they were gathering 'evidence'. imnotanimby
  • Score: 8

12:53am Sun 27 Jul 14

ORACUS says...

imnotanimby wrote:
mummy 3 wrote:
What the story fails to say is the doctor was aggressive towards the patients and also laughed at them when they were expressing concerns about their daughter. Once he became irate that was when the recording
began so they had some evidence . No one should be treated this way you shouldnt judge until you know the full story I do know that the baby is now under a pediatrician
If these accusations were actually true surely the family would immediately have found a new GP and most likely made a complaint to the practice manager and/or the GMC, not waited for the practice to strike them off. The practice manager is absolutely correct when she states that the trust between them and the GP has broken down as in their own words they were gathering 'evidence'.
Any notion of a patient trusting a GP died with Dr Harold Shipman.
[quote][p][bold]imnotanimby[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mummy 3[/bold] wrote: What the story fails to say is the doctor was aggressive towards the patients and also laughed at them when they were expressing concerns about their daughter. Once he became irate that was when the recording began so they had some evidence . No one should be treated this way you shouldnt judge until you know the full story I do know that the baby is now under a pediatrician[/p][/quote]If these accusations were actually true surely the family would immediately have found a new GP and most likely made a complaint to the practice manager and/or the GMC, not waited for the practice to strike them off. The practice manager is absolutely correct when she states that the trust between them and the GP has broken down as in their own words they were gathering 'evidence'.[/p][/quote]Any notion of a patient trusting a GP died with Dr Harold Shipman. ORACUS
  • Score: 9

11:38am Sun 27 Jul 14

John Right says...

Forth 89 wrote:
ThisYear wrote:
Kim Gandy wrote:
ThisYear wrote:
A GP refusing to refer someone for tests or to a consultant needs to explain why and have it on record that he has refused.

The couple should of asked that his refusal be recorded on the record and then applied for the record..job done..although it probably wouldn't of got to that stage, as soon as the GP realised it was to be placed on record he would of made the referral..
"should have" and "would have". Not "of". I keep telling you. When are you going to express yourself properly, in good English?

No they don't have to explain why actually.

And for the record, not all children crawl or walk by the age of one. Children find a multitude of ways to propel themselves and it's not always by text book methods. Many children "slide" instead of crawling.

This is a huge over reaction and I agree with the other poster who said they should HAVE (not OF) got a second opinion.

I keep telling you, don't post if you cannot make sense.

Go and wash your curtains. They must get even grubbier in this heat when you're twitching them.
Go away and haunt an empty council chamber you deranged bogbrush
I completely understand why this family filmed this doctor. I have had dealings with him myself and can say he is a useless doctor. My son had discoid eczema which he failed to diagnose. Now I know eczema is hard to diagnose but when a baby is presented to you with blisters that are bleeding and show signs of infection and you do nothing, that's someone who isn't doing their job. I had to insist he see dermatology but dr frank wouldn't refer him so we switched doctors and they referred him straight away. I personally went to see him many times about a nasal problem to which he just laughed at me, said I talked through my nose and said there was nothing he could do. Told my new gp, turns out I have a bent septum and will require corrective surgery in order to breathe properly. When your child is unwell and a doctor is refusing to help you, you try all sorts of things. Things like this for instance that are regrettable. But people need to remember that this family are obviously desperate for answers and a diagnosis. The fact that the doctor had to kick the patients out of the surgery says to me that they have something to hide or know that they should have referred them and are trying to cover up their tracks. It's shoddy behaviour from the surgery!
Go Fourth then, and don't dirty the surgery with your bigotted presence...
[quote][p][bold]Forth 89[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ThisYear[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Kim Gandy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ThisYear[/bold] wrote: A GP refusing to refer someone for tests or to a consultant needs to explain why and have it on record that he has refused. The couple should of asked that his refusal be recorded on the record and then applied for the record..job done..although it probably wouldn't of got to that stage, as soon as the GP realised it was to be placed on record he would of made the referral..[/p][/quote]"should have" and "would have". Not "of". I keep telling you. When are you going to express yourself properly, in good English? No they don't have to explain why actually. And for the record, not all children crawl or walk by the age of one. Children find a multitude of ways to propel themselves and it's not always by text book methods. Many children "slide" instead of crawling. This is a huge over reaction and I agree with the other poster who said they should HAVE (not OF) got a second opinion. I keep telling you, don't post if you cannot make sense. Go and wash your curtains. They must get even grubbier in this heat when you're twitching them.[/p][/quote]Go away and haunt an empty council chamber you deranged bogbrush[/p][/quote]I completely understand why this family filmed this doctor. I have had dealings with him myself and can say he is a useless doctor. My son had discoid eczema which he failed to diagnose. Now I know eczema is hard to diagnose but when a baby is presented to you with blisters that are bleeding and show signs of infection and you do nothing, that's someone who isn't doing their job. I had to insist he see dermatology but dr frank wouldn't refer him so we switched doctors and they referred him straight away. I personally went to see him many times about a nasal problem to which he just laughed at me, said I talked through my nose and said there was nothing he could do. Told my new gp, turns out I have a bent septum and will require corrective surgery in order to breathe properly. When your child is unwell and a doctor is refusing to help you, you try all sorts of things. Things like this for instance that are regrettable. But people need to remember that this family are obviously desperate for answers and a diagnosis. The fact that the doctor had to kick the patients out of the surgery says to me that they have something to hide or know that they should have referred them and are trying to cover up their tracks. It's shoddy behaviour from the surgery![/p][/quote]Go Fourth then, and don't dirty the surgery with your bigotted presence... John Right
  • Score: -5

11:39am Sun 27 Jul 14

John Right says...

ThisYear wrote:
Kim Gandy wrote:
ThisYear wrote:
A GP refusing to refer someone for tests or to a consultant needs to explain why and have it on record that he has refused.

The couple should of asked that his refusal be recorded on the record and then applied for the record..job done..although it probably wouldn't of got to that stage, as soon as the GP realised it was to be placed on record he would of made the referral..
"should have" and "would have". Not "of". I keep telling you. When are you going to express yourself properly, in good English?

No they don't have to explain why actually.

And for the record, not all children crawl or walk by the age of one. Children find a multitude of ways to propel themselves and it's not always by text book methods. Many children "slide" instead of crawling.

This is a huge over reaction and I agree with the other poster who said they should HAVE (not OF) got a second opinion.

I keep telling you, don't post if you cannot make sense.

Go and wash your curtains. They must get even grubbier in this heat when you're twitching them.
Go away and haunt an empty council chamber you deranged bogbrush
HaHa....
[quote][p][bold]ThisYear[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Kim Gandy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ThisYear[/bold] wrote: A GP refusing to refer someone for tests or to a consultant needs to explain why and have it on record that he has refused. The couple should of asked that his refusal be recorded on the record and then applied for the record..job done..although it probably wouldn't of got to that stage, as soon as the GP realised it was to be placed on record he would of made the referral..[/p][/quote]"should have" and "would have". Not "of". I keep telling you. When are you going to express yourself properly, in good English? No they don't have to explain why actually. And for the record, not all children crawl or walk by the age of one. Children find a multitude of ways to propel themselves and it's not always by text book methods. Many children "slide" instead of crawling. This is a huge over reaction and I agree with the other poster who said they should HAVE (not OF) got a second opinion. I keep telling you, don't post if you cannot make sense. Go and wash your curtains. They must get even grubbier in this heat when you're twitching them.[/p][/quote]Go away and haunt an empty council chamber you deranged bogbrush[/p][/quote]HaHa.... John Right
  • Score: -2

8:58pm Sun 27 Jul 14

Maddogg says...

ORACUS wrote:
imnotanimby wrote:
mummy 3 wrote:
What the story fails to say is the doctor was aggressive towards the patients and also laughed at them when they were expressing concerns about their daughter. Once he became irate that was when the recording
began so they had some evidence . No one should be treated this way you shouldnt judge until you know the full story I do know that the baby is now under a pediatrician
If these accusations were actually true surely the family would immediately have found a new GP and most likely made a complaint to the practice manager and/or the GMC, not waited for the practice to strike them off. The practice manager is absolutely correct when she states that the trust between them and the GP has broken down as in their own words they were gathering 'evidence'.
Any notion of a patient trusting a GP died with Dr Harold Shipman.
What's Harold Shipmans favourite fruit?
Granny Smiths.
Boom boom.
[quote][p][bold]ORACUS[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]imnotanimby[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mummy 3[/bold] wrote: What the story fails to say is the doctor was aggressive towards the patients and also laughed at them when they were expressing concerns about their daughter. Once he became irate that was when the recording began so they had some evidence . No one should be treated this way you shouldnt judge until you know the full story I do know that the baby is now under a pediatrician[/p][/quote]If these accusations were actually true surely the family would immediately have found a new GP and most likely made a complaint to the practice manager and/or the GMC, not waited for the practice to strike them off. The practice manager is absolutely correct when she states that the trust between them and the GP has broken down as in their own words they were gathering 'evidence'.[/p][/quote]Any notion of a patient trusting a GP died with Dr Harold Shipman.[/p][/quote]What's Harold Shipmans favourite fruit? Granny Smiths. Boom boom. Maddogg
  • Score: -1

11:42am Mon 28 Jul 14

lifflaff says...

Hey give him a break he has been my doctor for years and he has always been very professional and understanding.
Hey give him a break he has been my doctor for years and he has always been very professional and understanding. lifflaff
  • Score: 3

1:32pm Mon 28 Jul 14

lilkiko22`` says...

Well after reading most of these insane comments I am overwhelmed by the ignorance from some people now dr frank was my doctor for years and I have NEVER had any god visits to him he is ignorant disrespectful and darn right **** at his job, my mum had an operation and ended up very ill I took her to see dr frank like her nurse had advised me and he refused to look at her badly weeping wound he actually told her he wouldn't touch it because he found it disgusting. And that it was just an infection and to keep bathing it !!!!!!!! Fantastic advise considering he didn't look at it. After writing a written complaint we had a response from the practice manager telling us he has a right to refuse treatment if he finds it unrelated to his job. How this was part of job I don't know, but after it progressively got worse I took my mum to a&b to be rushed straight through to surgical ward because she had a 7cm deep by 4cm wide hematoma that could have only got deeper if left. Also my brother went to see him because he wasn't feeling well and dr frank told him he needed to stop the drink and drugs!!!!!! My brother has never touched anything of the sort and after taking him to basildon hospital it turned out he has a unusual liver function which in inheditry So please you ignorant no gooders sit back and think that these parents were proberly desperate for some answer and generally worried sick about there poor child. I don't knock there actions because something does need to be done about him. I know I would back them all the way
Well after reading most of these insane comments I am overwhelmed by the ignorance from some people now dr frank was my doctor for years and I have NEVER had any god visits to him he is ignorant disrespectful and darn right **** at his job, my mum had an operation and ended up very ill I took her to see dr frank like her nurse had advised me and he refused to look at her badly weeping wound he actually told her he wouldn't touch it because he found it disgusting. And that it was just an infection and to keep bathing it !!!!!!!! Fantastic advise considering he didn't look at it. After writing a written complaint we had a response from the practice manager telling us he has a right to refuse treatment if he finds it unrelated to his job. How this was part of job I don't know, but after it progressively got worse I took my mum to a&b to be rushed straight through to surgical ward because she had a 7cm deep by 4cm wide hematoma that could have only got deeper if left. Also my brother went to see him because he wasn't feeling well and dr frank told him he needed to stop the drink and drugs!!!!!! My brother has never touched anything of the sort and after taking him to basildon hospital it turned out he has a unusual liver function which in inheditry So please you ignorant no gooders sit back and think that these parents were proberly desperate for some answer and generally worried sick about there poor child. I don't knock there actions because something does need to be done about him. I know I would back them all the way lilkiko22``
  • Score: -11

1:45pm Mon 28 Jul 14

EssexGirlie says...

I've have Hypermobility Syndrome since the age of 17 and I know exactly what this family are going through! I spoke to my doctor complaining about pain in my knees and back and was told to go home and rest because its growing pains and I am doing to much for a teenager. I later brought up a conversation with my doctor and he too chucked me out of his office and told me to go find a new doctor as he didn't want to see me ever again. I found a new GP 5 minutes later and so did my whole family. I spoke to this new doctor and was referred to the hospital and also to see a specialist. This was FINALLY confirmed after a year of serious pain as Hypermobility. I received a lack of care from my old doctor, but didn't even think about filming it. I completely understand where this family are coming from and they have all means to collect evidence from 'once again' a doctor who just says 'ITS A COLD, YOU WILL BE FINE'. I've now had this for 6 years and I still suffer major pain. Just think if my doctor had bothered to look into this I could have received a lot more help!
I've have Hypermobility Syndrome since the age of 17 and I know exactly what this family are going through! I spoke to my doctor complaining about pain in my knees and back and was told to go home and rest because its growing pains and I am doing to much for a teenager. I later brought up a conversation with my doctor and he too chucked me out of his office and told me to go find a new doctor as he didn't want to see me ever again. I found a new GP 5 minutes later and so did my whole family. I spoke to this new doctor and was referred to the hospital and also to see a specialist. This was FINALLY confirmed after a year of serious pain as Hypermobility. I received a lack of care from my old doctor, but didn't even think about filming it. I completely understand where this family are coming from and they have all means to collect evidence from 'once again' a doctor who just says 'ITS A COLD, YOU WILL BE FINE'. I've now had this for 6 years and I still suffer major pain. Just think if my doctor had bothered to look into this I could have received a lot more help! EssexGirlie
  • Score: 5

4:43pm Mon 28 Jul 14

imnotanimby says...

lilkiko22`` wrote:
Well after reading most of these insane comments I am overwhelmed by the ignorance from some people now dr frank was my doctor for years and I have NEVER had any god visits to him he is ignorant disrespectful and darn right **** at his job, my mum had an operation and ended up very ill I took her to see dr frank like her nurse had advised me and he refused to look at her badly weeping wound he actually told her he wouldn't touch it because he found it disgusting. And that it was just an infection and to keep bathing it !!!!!!!! Fantastic advise considering he didn't look at it. After writing a written complaint we had a response from the practice manager telling us he has a right to refuse treatment if he finds it unrelated to his job. How this was part of job I don't know, but after it progressively got worse I took my mum to a&b to be rushed straight through to surgical ward because she had a 7cm deep by 4cm wide hematoma that could have only got deeper if left. Also my brother went to see him because he wasn't feeling well and dr frank told him he needed to stop the drink and drugs!!!!!! My brother has never touched anything of the sort and after taking him to basildon hospital it turned out he has a unusual liver function which in inheditry So please you ignorant no gooders sit back and think that these parents were proberly desperate for some answer and generally worried sick about there poor child. I don't knock there actions because something does need to be done about him. I know I would back them all the way
I wouldn't normally pull people up about their spelling and grammar but, with more than 20 mistakes, I don't think that the poster ought to be calling others ignorant!
[quote][p][bold]lilkiko22``[/bold] wrote: Well after reading most of these insane comments I am overwhelmed by the ignorance from some people now dr frank was my doctor for years and I have NEVER had any god visits to him he is ignorant disrespectful and darn right **** at his job, my mum had an operation and ended up very ill I took her to see dr frank like her nurse had advised me and he refused to look at her badly weeping wound he actually told her he wouldn't touch it because he found it disgusting. And that it was just an infection and to keep bathing it !!!!!!!! Fantastic advise considering he didn't look at it. After writing a written complaint we had a response from the practice manager telling us he has a right to refuse treatment if he finds it unrelated to his job. How this was part of job I don't know, but after it progressively got worse I took my mum to a&b to be rushed straight through to surgical ward because she had a 7cm deep by 4cm wide hematoma that could have only got deeper if left. Also my brother went to see him because he wasn't feeling well and dr frank told him he needed to stop the drink and drugs!!!!!! My brother has never touched anything of the sort and after taking him to basildon hospital it turned out he has a unusual liver function which in inheditry So please you ignorant no gooders sit back and think that these parents were proberly desperate for some answer and generally worried sick about there poor child. I don't knock there actions because something does need to be done about him. I know I would back them all the way[/p][/quote]I wouldn't normally pull people up about their spelling and grammar but, with more than 20 mistakes, I don't think that the poster ought to be calling others ignorant! imnotanimby
  • Score: 3

5:36pm Mon 28 Jul 14

Feminism is Dead says...

Whether this doctor is cr@p or not, the fact is that this family were IN THE WRONG for filming him.
Whether this doctor is cr@p or not, the fact is that this family were IN THE WRONG for filming him. Feminism is Dead
  • Score: 5

8:17pm Tue 29 Jul 14

lilkiko22`` says...

imnotanimby wrote:
lilkiko22`` wrote:
Well after reading most of these insane comments I am overwhelmed by the ignorance from some people now dr frank was my doctor for years and I have NEVER had any god visits to him he is ignorant disrespectful and darn right **** at his job, my mum had an operation and ended up very ill I took her to see dr frank like her nurse had advised me and he refused to look at her badly weeping wound he actually told her he wouldn't touch it because he found it disgusting. And that it was just an infection and to keep bathing it !!!!!!!! Fantastic advise considering he didn't look at it. After writing a written complaint we had a response from the practice manager telling us he has a right to refuse treatment if he finds it unrelated to his job. How this was part of job I don't know, but after it progressively got worse I took my mum to a&b to be rushed straight through to surgical ward because she had a 7cm deep by 4cm wide hematoma that could have only got deeper if left. Also my brother went to see him because he wasn't feeling well and dr frank told him he needed to stop the drink and drugs!!!!!! My brother has never touched anything of the sort and after taking him to basildon hospital it turned out he has a unusual liver function which in inheditry So please you ignorant no gooders sit back and think that these parents were proberly desperate for some answer and generally worried sick about there poor child. I don't knock there actions because something does need to be done about him. I know I would back them all the way
I wouldn't normally pull people up about their spelling and grammar but, with more than 20 mistakes, I don't think that the poster ought to be calling others ignorant!
If you find it fun to bully people with learning difficulties I think your a low arrogant pig !!!!! But please feel free to bully me for sharing my story on this doctors disgraceful actions.
[quote][p][bold]imnotanimby[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]lilkiko22``[/bold] wrote: Well after reading most of these insane comments I am overwhelmed by the ignorance from some people now dr frank was my doctor for years and I have NEVER had any god visits to him he is ignorant disrespectful and darn right **** at his job, my mum had an operation and ended up very ill I took her to see dr frank like her nurse had advised me and he refused to look at her badly weeping wound he actually told her he wouldn't touch it because he found it disgusting. And that it was just an infection and to keep bathing it !!!!!!!! Fantastic advise considering he didn't look at it. After writing a written complaint we had a response from the practice manager telling us he has a right to refuse treatment if he finds it unrelated to his job. How this was part of job I don't know, but after it progressively got worse I took my mum to a&b to be rushed straight through to surgical ward because she had a 7cm deep by 4cm wide hematoma that could have only got deeper if left. Also my brother went to see him because he wasn't feeling well and dr frank told him he needed to stop the drink and drugs!!!!!! My brother has never touched anything of the sort and after taking him to basildon hospital it turned out he has a unusual liver function which in inheditry So please you ignorant no gooders sit back and think that these parents were proberly desperate for some answer and generally worried sick about there poor child. I don't knock there actions because something does need to be done about him. I know I would back them all the way[/p][/quote]I wouldn't normally pull people up about their spelling and grammar but, with more than 20 mistakes, I don't think that the poster ought to be calling others ignorant![/p][/quote]If you find it fun to bully people with learning difficulties I think your a low arrogant pig !!!!! But please feel free to bully me for sharing my story on this doctors disgraceful actions. lilkiko22``
  • Score: -1

10:02pm Tue 29 Jul 14

imnotanimby says...

lilkiko22`` wrote:
imnotanimby wrote:
lilkiko22`` wrote:
Well after reading most of these insane comments I am overwhelmed by the ignorance from some people now dr frank was my doctor for years and I have NEVER had any god visits to him he is ignorant disrespectful and darn right **** at his job, my mum had an operation and ended up very ill I took her to see dr frank like her nurse had advised me and he refused to look at her badly weeping wound he actually told her he wouldn't touch it because he found it disgusting. And that it was just an infection and to keep bathing it !!!!!!!! Fantastic advise considering he didn't look at it. After writing a written complaint we had a response from the practice manager telling us he has a right to refuse treatment if he finds it unrelated to his job. How this was part of job I don't know, but after it progressively got worse I took my mum to a&b to be rushed straight through to surgical ward because she had a 7cm deep by 4cm wide hematoma that could have only got deeper if left. Also my brother went to see him because he wasn't feeling well and dr frank told him he needed to stop the drink and drugs!!!!!! My brother has never touched anything of the sort and after taking him to basildon hospital it turned out he has a unusual liver function which in inheditry So please you ignorant no gooders sit back and think that these parents were proberly desperate for some answer and generally worried sick about there poor child. I don't knock there actions because something does need to be done about him. I know I would back them all the way
I wouldn't normally pull people up about their spelling and grammar but, with more than 20 mistakes, I don't think that the poster ought to be calling others ignorant!
If you find it fun to bully people with learning difficulties I think your a low arrogant pig !!!!! But please feel free to bully me for sharing my story on this doctors disgraceful actions.
I'm not 'bullying' you at all - for learning difficulties or any other reason - merely suggesting that you oughtn't to be calling others "ignorant" just because they have a different opinion to you. There can be two meanings of 'ignorant': in addition to meaning uneducated, unknowledgeable and untaught, it can also be taken to mean rude, impolite, ill-mannered, ungracious and discourteous. Feel free to take your pick.
[quote][p][bold]lilkiko22``[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]imnotanimby[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]lilkiko22``[/bold] wrote: Well after reading most of these insane comments I am overwhelmed by the ignorance from some people now dr frank was my doctor for years and I have NEVER had any god visits to him he is ignorant disrespectful and darn right **** at his job, my mum had an operation and ended up very ill I took her to see dr frank like her nurse had advised me and he refused to look at her badly weeping wound he actually told her he wouldn't touch it because he found it disgusting. And that it was just an infection and to keep bathing it !!!!!!!! Fantastic advise considering he didn't look at it. After writing a written complaint we had a response from the practice manager telling us he has a right to refuse treatment if he finds it unrelated to his job. How this was part of job I don't know, but after it progressively got worse I took my mum to a&b to be rushed straight through to surgical ward because she had a 7cm deep by 4cm wide hematoma that could have only got deeper if left. Also my brother went to see him because he wasn't feeling well and dr frank told him he needed to stop the drink and drugs!!!!!! My brother has never touched anything of the sort and after taking him to basildon hospital it turned out he has a unusual liver function which in inheditry So please you ignorant no gooders sit back and think that these parents were proberly desperate for some answer and generally worried sick about there poor child. I don't knock there actions because something does need to be done about him. I know I would back them all the way[/p][/quote]I wouldn't normally pull people up about their spelling and grammar but, with more than 20 mistakes, I don't think that the poster ought to be calling others ignorant![/p][/quote]If you find it fun to bully people with learning difficulties I think your a low arrogant pig !!!!! But please feel free to bully me for sharing my story on this doctors disgraceful actions.[/p][/quote]I'm not 'bullying' you at all - for learning difficulties or any other reason - merely suggesting that you oughtn't to be calling others "ignorant" just because they have a different opinion to you. There can be two meanings of 'ignorant': in addition to meaning uneducated, unknowledgeable and untaught, it can also be taken to mean rude, impolite, ill-mannered, ungracious and discourteous. Feel free to take your pick. imnotanimby
  • Score: 4

9:19pm Wed 30 Jul 14

Steve H says...

imnotanimby wrote:
lilkiko22`` wrote:
imnotanimby wrote:
lilkiko22`` wrote:
Well after reading most of these insane comments I am overwhelmed by the ignorance from some people now dr frank was my doctor for years and I have NEVER had any god visits to him he is ignorant disrespectful and darn right **** at his job, my mum had an operation and ended up very ill I took her to see dr frank like her nurse had advised me and he refused to look at her badly weeping wound he actually told her he wouldn't touch it because he found it disgusting. And that it was just an infection and to keep bathing it !!!!!!!! Fantastic advise considering he didn't look at it. After writing a written complaint we had a response from the practice manager telling us he has a right to refuse treatment if he finds it unrelated to his job. How this was part of job I don't know, but after it progressively got worse I took my mum to a&b to be rushed straight through to surgical ward because she had a 7cm deep by 4cm wide hematoma that could have only got deeper if left. Also my brother went to see him because he wasn't feeling well and dr frank told him he needed to stop the drink and drugs!!!!!! My brother has never touched anything of the sort and after taking him to basildon hospital it turned out he has a unusual liver function which in inheditry So please you ignorant no gooders sit back and think that these parents were proberly desperate for some answer and generally worried sick about there poor child. I don't knock there actions because something does need to be done about him. I know I would back them all the way
I wouldn't normally pull people up about their spelling and grammar but, with more than 20 mistakes, I don't think that the poster ought to be calling others ignorant!
If you find it fun to bully people with learning difficulties I think your a low arrogant pig !!!!! But please feel free to bully me for sharing my story on this doctors disgraceful actions.
I'm not 'bullying' you at all - for learning difficulties or any other reason - merely suggesting that you oughtn't to be calling others "ignorant" just because they have a different opinion to you. There can be two meanings of 'ignorant': in addition to meaning uneducated, unknowledgeable and untaught, it can also be taken to mean rude, impolite, ill-mannered, ungracious and discourteous. Feel free to take your pick.
Is it ignorant to point out that there are many other Doctor's surgeries in Basildon, you are free to choose. If you are not happy with a Doctor then see another, learning difficulties or not, it's common sense.
[quote][p][bold]imnotanimby[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]lilkiko22``[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]imnotanimby[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]lilkiko22``[/bold] wrote: Well after reading most of these insane comments I am overwhelmed by the ignorance from some people now dr frank was my doctor for years and I have NEVER had any god visits to him he is ignorant disrespectful and darn right **** at his job, my mum had an operation and ended up very ill I took her to see dr frank like her nurse had advised me and he refused to look at her badly weeping wound he actually told her he wouldn't touch it because he found it disgusting. And that it was just an infection and to keep bathing it !!!!!!!! Fantastic advise considering he didn't look at it. After writing a written complaint we had a response from the practice manager telling us he has a right to refuse treatment if he finds it unrelated to his job. How this was part of job I don't know, but after it progressively got worse I took my mum to a&b to be rushed straight through to surgical ward because she had a 7cm deep by 4cm wide hematoma that could have only got deeper if left. Also my brother went to see him because he wasn't feeling well and dr frank told him he needed to stop the drink and drugs!!!!!! My brother has never touched anything of the sort and after taking him to basildon hospital it turned out he has a unusual liver function which in inheditry So please you ignorant no gooders sit back and think that these parents were proberly desperate for some answer and generally worried sick about there poor child. I don't knock there actions because something does need to be done about him. I know I would back them all the way[/p][/quote]I wouldn't normally pull people up about their spelling and grammar but, with more than 20 mistakes, I don't think that the poster ought to be calling others ignorant![/p][/quote]If you find it fun to bully people with learning difficulties I think your a low arrogant pig !!!!! But please feel free to bully me for sharing my story on this doctors disgraceful actions.[/p][/quote]I'm not 'bullying' you at all - for learning difficulties or any other reason - merely suggesting that you oughtn't to be calling others "ignorant" just because they have a different opinion to you. There can be two meanings of 'ignorant': in addition to meaning uneducated, unknowledgeable and untaught, it can also be taken to mean rude, impolite, ill-mannered, ungracious and discourteous. Feel free to take your pick.[/p][/quote]Is it ignorant to point out that there are many other Doctor's surgeries in Basildon, you are free to choose. If you are not happy with a Doctor then see another, learning difficulties or not, it's common sense. Steve H
  • Score: 9

6:23pm Thu 31 Jul 14

Almeda11 says...

Kim Gandy wrote:
ThisYear wrote:
A GP refusing to refer someone for tests or to a consultant needs to explain why and have it on record that he has refused.

The couple should of asked that his refusal be recorded on the record and then applied for the record..job done..although it probably wouldn't of got to that stage, as soon as the GP realised it was to be placed on record he would of made the referral..
"should have" and "would have". Not "of". I keep telling you. When are you going to express yourself properly, in good English?

No they don't have to explain why actually.

And for the record, not all children crawl or walk by the age of one. Children find a multitude of ways to propel themselves and it's not always by text book methods. Many children "slide" instead of crawling.

This is a huge over reaction and I agree with the other poster who said they should HAVE (not OF) got a second opinion.

I keep telling you, don't post if you cannot make sense.

Go and wash your curtains. They must get even grubbier in this heat when you're twitching them.
l agree with that, and the article doesn`t say anything other than " one",
There`s a huge difference between 15 months and 21 months, my niece was just starting to walk at around 1 and a half, but as you say there are huge variations.
Having said that though, the parents are usually right , if they have a true " gut feeling" then something could well be wrong, but l think they should wait a bit longer and let nature take its natural course.
[quote][p][bold]Kim Gandy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ThisYear[/bold] wrote: A GP refusing to refer someone for tests or to a consultant needs to explain why and have it on record that he has refused. The couple should of asked that his refusal be recorded on the record and then applied for the record..job done..although it probably wouldn't of got to that stage, as soon as the GP realised it was to be placed on record he would of made the referral..[/p][/quote]"should have" and "would have". Not "of". I keep telling you. When are you going to express yourself properly, in good English? No they don't have to explain why actually. And for the record, not all children crawl or walk by the age of one. Children find a multitude of ways to propel themselves and it's not always by text book methods. Many children "slide" instead of crawling. This is a huge over reaction and I agree with the other poster who said they should HAVE (not OF) got a second opinion. I keep telling you, don't post if you cannot make sense. Go and wash your curtains. They must get even grubbier in this heat when you're twitching them.[/p][/quote]l agree with that, and the article doesn`t say anything other than " one", There`s a huge difference between 15 months and 21 months, my niece was just starting to walk at around 1 and a half, but as you say there are huge variations. Having said that though, the parents are usually right , if they have a true " gut feeling" then something could well be wrong, but l think they should wait a bit longer and let nature take its natural course. Almeda11
  • Score: 4

2:13pm Fri 1 Aug 14

Almeda11 says...

Feminism is Dead wrote:
Whether this doctor is cr@p or not, the fact is that this family were IN THE WRONG for filming him.
Maybe --- but if this doctor is as bad as some on here have reported, personally -- and ignored requests ect, then surely HE was ALSO in the wrong, and a person filming someone is not going to have dire consequences, wheras a lack of a referal, or ignoring symptoms, could turn out to be FATAL, and that is a fact.

And what about whistleblowers, remember Winterbourne View, where people with learning difficulties were systematically beaten, flipped with wet towels, had their hands trodden on, ect, ect.

Thank God it is now closed, and the people who did this jailed, but it is THANKS to the whistleblowers, who took on a job there , solely to EXPOSE , that this whole scenarion came to light.

Are you going to say that that "WAS WRONG" too?

Well, not in my opinion, They did the RIGHT THING to EXPOSE WRONGDOING, and thank goodness we have courageous people like that in this world !!!
[quote][p][bold]Feminism is Dead[/bold] wrote: Whether this doctor is cr@p or not, the fact is that this family were IN THE WRONG for filming him.[/p][/quote]Maybe --- but if this doctor is as bad as some on here have reported, personally -- and ignored requests ect, then surely HE was ALSO in the wrong, and a person filming someone is not going to have dire consequences, wheras a lack of a referal, or ignoring symptoms, could turn out to be FATAL, and that is a fact. And what about whistleblowers, remember Winterbourne View, where people with learning difficulties were systematically beaten, flipped with wet towels, had their hands trodden on, ect, ect. Thank God it is now closed, and the people who did this jailed, but it is THANKS to the whistleblowers, who took on a job there , solely to EXPOSE , that this whole scenarion came to light. Are you going to say that that "WAS WRONG" too? Well, not in my opinion, They did the RIGHT THING to EXPOSE WRONGDOING, and thank goodness we have courageous people like that in this world !!! Almeda11
  • Score: 4

2:16pm Fri 1 Aug 14

Almeda11 says...

lilkiko22`` wrote:
imnotanimby wrote:
lilkiko22`` wrote:
Well after reading most of these insane comments I am overwhelmed by the ignorance from some people now dr frank was my doctor for years and I have NEVER had any god visits to him he is ignorant disrespectful and darn right **** at his job, my mum had an operation and ended up very ill I took her to see dr frank like her nurse had advised me and he refused to look at her badly weeping wound he actually told her he wouldn't touch it because he found it disgusting. And that it was just an infection and to keep bathing it !!!!!!!! Fantastic advise considering he didn't look at it. After writing a written complaint we had a response from the practice manager telling us he has a right to refuse treatment if he finds it unrelated to his job. How this was part of job I don't know, but after it progressively got worse I took my mum to a&b to be rushed straight through to surgical ward because she had a 7cm deep by 4cm wide hematoma that could have only got deeper if left. Also my brother went to see him because he wasn't feeling well and dr frank told him he needed to stop the drink and drugs!!!!!! My brother has never touched anything of the sort and after taking him to basildon hospital it turned out he has a unusual liver function which in inheditry So please you ignorant no gooders sit back and think that these parents were proberly desperate for some answer and generally worried sick about there poor child. I don't knock there actions because something does need to be done about him. I know I would back them all the way
I wouldn't normally pull people up about their spelling and grammar but, with more than 20 mistakes, I don't think that the poster ought to be calling others ignorant!
If you find it fun to bully people with learning difficulties I think your a low arrogant pig !!!!! But please feel free to bully me for sharing my story on this doctors disgraceful actions.
And l AGREE COMPLETELY wit YOU.

The message, however it is spelled is more important than the spelling, and at least you had something to say, and wanted to share it with the rest of us, which is ALWAYS better than merely criticising !!
[quote][p][bold]lilkiko22``[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]imnotanimby[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]lilkiko22``[/bold] wrote: Well after reading most of these insane comments I am overwhelmed by the ignorance from some people now dr frank was my doctor for years and I have NEVER had any god visits to him he is ignorant disrespectful and darn right **** at his job, my mum had an operation and ended up very ill I took her to see dr frank like her nurse had advised me and he refused to look at her badly weeping wound he actually told her he wouldn't touch it because he found it disgusting. And that it was just an infection and to keep bathing it !!!!!!!! Fantastic advise considering he didn't look at it. After writing a written complaint we had a response from the practice manager telling us he has a right to refuse treatment if he finds it unrelated to his job. How this was part of job I don't know, but after it progressively got worse I took my mum to a&b to be rushed straight through to surgical ward because she had a 7cm deep by 4cm wide hematoma that could have only got deeper if left. Also my brother went to see him because he wasn't feeling well and dr frank told him he needed to stop the drink and drugs!!!!!! My brother has never touched anything of the sort and after taking him to basildon hospital it turned out he has a unusual liver function which in inheditry So please you ignorant no gooders sit back and think that these parents were proberly desperate for some answer and generally worried sick about there poor child. I don't knock there actions because something does need to be done about him. I know I would back them all the way[/p][/quote]I wouldn't normally pull people up about their spelling and grammar but, with more than 20 mistakes, I don't think that the poster ought to be calling others ignorant![/p][/quote]If you find it fun to bully people with learning difficulties I think your a low arrogant pig !!!!! But please feel free to bully me for sharing my story on this doctors disgraceful actions.[/p][/quote]And l AGREE COMPLETELY wit YOU. The message, however it is spelled is more important than the spelling, and at least you had something to say, and wanted to share it with the rest of us, which is ALWAYS better than merely criticising !! Almeda11
  • Score: 3

3:09am Sat 9 Aug 14

lilkiko22`` says...

Steve H wrote:
imnotanimby wrote:
lilkiko22`` wrote:
imnotanimby wrote:
lilkiko22`` wrote:
Well after reading most of these insane comments I am overwhelmed by the ignorance from some people now dr frank was my doctor for years and I have NEVER had any god visits to him he is ignorant disrespectful and darn right **** at his job, my mum had an operation and ended up very ill I took her to see dr frank like her nurse had advised me and he refused to look at her badly weeping wound he actually told her he wouldn't touch it because he found it disgusting. And that it was just an infection and to keep bathing it !!!!!!!! Fantastic advise considering he didn't look at it. After writing a written complaint we had a response from the practice manager telling us he has a right to refuse treatment if he finds it unrelated to his job. How this was part of job I don't know, but after it progressively got worse I took my mum to a&b to be rushed straight through to surgical ward because she had a 7cm deep by 4cm wide hematoma that could have only got deeper if left. Also my brother went to see him because he wasn't feeling well and dr frank told him he needed to stop the drink and drugs!!!!!! My brother has never touched anything of the sort and after taking him to basildon hospital it turned out he has a unusual liver function which in inheditry So please you ignorant no gooders sit back and think that these parents were proberly desperate for some answer and generally worried sick about there poor child. I don't knock there actions because something does need to be done about him. I know I would back them all the way
I wouldn't normally pull people up about their spelling and grammar but, with more than 20 mistakes, I don't think that the poster ought to be calling others ignorant!
If you find it fun to bully people with learning difficulties I think your a low arrogant pig !!!!! But please feel free to bully me for sharing my story on this doctors disgraceful actions.
I'm not 'bullying' you at all - for learning difficulties or any other reason - merely suggesting that you oughtn't to be calling others "ignorant" just because they have a different opinion to you. There can be two meanings of 'ignorant': in addition to meaning uneducated, unknowledgeable and untaught, it can also be taken to mean rude, impolite, ill-mannered, ungracious and discourteous. Feel free to take your pick.
Is it ignorant to point out that there are many other Doctor's surgeries in Basildon, you are free to choose. If you are not happy with a Doctor then see another, learning difficulties or not, it's common sense.
If you actually read it properly it shares experiences my family have had to deal with, and that he WAS my doctor......NOT that he still is. I haven't been with dr frank for ages because he nearly killed my son when I was pregnant with him because he is **** at his job !!!!!
[quote][p][bold]Steve H[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]imnotanimby[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]lilkiko22``[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]imnotanimby[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]lilkiko22``[/bold] wrote: Well after reading most of these insane comments I am overwhelmed by the ignorance from some people now dr frank was my doctor for years and I have NEVER had any god visits to him he is ignorant disrespectful and darn right **** at his job, my mum had an operation and ended up very ill I took her to see dr frank like her nurse had advised me and he refused to look at her badly weeping wound he actually told her he wouldn't touch it because he found it disgusting. And that it was just an infection and to keep bathing it !!!!!!!! Fantastic advise considering he didn't look at it. After writing a written complaint we had a response from the practice manager telling us he has a right to refuse treatment if he finds it unrelated to his job. How this was part of job I don't know, but after it progressively got worse I took my mum to a&b to be rushed straight through to surgical ward because she had a 7cm deep by 4cm wide hematoma that could have only got deeper if left. Also my brother went to see him because he wasn't feeling well and dr frank told him he needed to stop the drink and drugs!!!!!! My brother has never touched anything of the sort and after taking him to basildon hospital it turned out he has a unusual liver function which in inheditry So please you ignorant no gooders sit back and think that these parents were proberly desperate for some answer and generally worried sick about there poor child. I don't knock there actions because something does need to be done about him. I know I would back them all the way[/p][/quote]I wouldn't normally pull people up about their spelling and grammar but, with more than 20 mistakes, I don't think that the poster ought to be calling others ignorant![/p][/quote]If you find it fun to bully people with learning difficulties I think your a low arrogant pig !!!!! But please feel free to bully me for sharing my story on this doctors disgraceful actions.[/p][/quote]I'm not 'bullying' you at all - for learning difficulties or any other reason - merely suggesting that you oughtn't to be calling others "ignorant" just because they have a different opinion to you. There can be two meanings of 'ignorant': in addition to meaning uneducated, unknowledgeable and untaught, it can also be taken to mean rude, impolite, ill-mannered, ungracious and discourteous. Feel free to take your pick.[/p][/quote]Is it ignorant to point out that there are many other Doctor's surgeries in Basildon, you are free to choose. If you are not happy with a Doctor then see another, learning difficulties or not, it's common sense.[/p][/quote]If you actually read it properly it shares experiences my family have had to deal with, and that he WAS my doctor......NOT that he still is. I haven't been with dr frank for ages because he nearly killed my son when I was pregnant with him because he is **** at his job !!!!! lilkiko22``
  • Score: -1

11:13am Mon 11 Aug 14

stripeyzebra says...

My daughter failed to meet all her motor milestones, at the age of one she could not crawl let alone stand up. I was repeatedly told there was nothing wrong with her, but I persisted, eventually the gp said she had muscle hypertonia and refered her to physio, by which time she was 15 months old. The physio examined her and to her horror, felt all her joints dislocating. We then had another referal for orthopedics, who insisted her hips were fine, but she had very severe hypermobility and dislocating knees and ankles, they scanned her hips to be doubly sure. 3 days later, at 16 months of age, my daughter has diagnosed with bi lateral cdh, she didnt only have 2 completely dislocated hips, they had always been that way, therefore her hip sockets had never formed. She had surgery every 6 weeks for a year and spent 11 months in plaster from her chest to her ankles. We were told she will never walk. Her joints all dislocate and she eventually got a diagnosis of Ehlers Danlos Syndrome. She walked unaided for the first time at 33 months after specialist physiotherapy and has grown stronger since. She manages her dislocations, needs a wheelchair sometimes, suffers chronic fatigue, wears a lycra suit to keep her hips in and her loose spine straight, but if I had listened to the doctors she would be a permanent wheelchair user. I'd never considered recording a doctor without their knowledge, but I can understand their desperation to get their concerns taken seriously. We know our children and we know when there's something wrong, its about time gps understood that concept and don't think they know it all because they went to medical school and we didn't.
My daughter failed to meet all her motor milestones, at the age of one she could not crawl let alone stand up. I was repeatedly told there was nothing wrong with her, but I persisted, eventually the gp said she had muscle hypertonia and refered her to physio, by which time she was 15 months old. The physio examined her and to her horror, felt all her joints dislocating. We then had another referal for orthopedics, who insisted her hips were fine, but she had very severe hypermobility and dislocating knees and ankles, they scanned her hips to be doubly sure. 3 days later, at 16 months of age, my daughter has diagnosed with bi lateral cdh, she didnt only have 2 completely dislocated hips, they had always been that way, therefore her hip sockets had never formed. She had surgery every 6 weeks for a year and spent 11 months in plaster from her chest to her ankles. We were told she will never walk. Her joints all dislocate and she eventually got a diagnosis of Ehlers Danlos Syndrome. She walked unaided for the first time at 33 months after specialist physiotherapy and has grown stronger since. She manages her dislocations, needs a wheelchair sometimes, suffers chronic fatigue, wears a lycra suit to keep her hips in and her loose spine straight, but if I had listened to the doctors she would be a permanent wheelchair user. I'd never considered recording a doctor without their knowledge, but I can understand their desperation to get their concerns taken seriously. We know our children and we know when there's something wrong, its about time gps understood that concept and don't think they know it all because they went to medical school and we didn't. stripeyzebra
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree