Police hunt for convicted killer, thought to be on loose in Hockley

Police hunt for convicted killer, thought to be on loose in Hockley

Keith Turner, pictured in his early forties

Turner, digitally aged to how he may look at 57

Turner, digitally aged to how he may look at 57, with suspected weight loss

Turner's 'KEITH' tatoo on his forearm

Turner

First published in News

A CONVICTED killer may be on the loose in Hockley.

Welsh police are searching for a Keith Turner, 60 following an appeal on BBC television programme Crimewatch.

Officers from the Gwent region are appealing for information to find Turner, who may be in Essex, as he was recalled to prison after breaching his licence.

Following the television appeal a man similar in appearance to Turner was seen in the Hockley area.

Although the sighting hasn’t been confirmed officers are making further enquiries and are urging anyone who may recognise the description of him to get in touch.

Turner is described as approximately 5ft 7ins tall with blue eyes and a northern accent and at the time of disappearance he had balding grey hair, a thin beard and wore glasses.

He had been on life licence since his release from prison on March 29, 1993, having served 19 years of a life sentence for the manslaughter of his mother and sister in 1973.

In 2000 he was charged with allegedly attempting to obtain property by deception, by falsely issuing four cheques totalling £11,781.46, between January 20 and 24, 2000.

After failing to appear at Reading Crown Court on September 23, 2000 a warrant was for his arrest and the Home Office revoked his licence.

Following his release from prison he moved to the Caldicot, south Wales, in 1998 after spending a period of time in the Bristol area.

It is hoped that age progression photos, demonstrating what he may look like today, will assist in tracing him even if he has given himself a new identity.

He has ‘KEITH’ tattooed on his right forearm and at the time of his disappearance he had lost weight due to an alleged illness, but prior to this he was of medium build.

Keith Turner is originally from the Newcastle area but following enquiries we know that he has also frequented/ has contacts in Birmingham, Reading and Slough, Bristol, Caldicot, Spain, South Africa and France.

He has been, and remains, circulated as wanted on the police national computer (PNC) since 2000 and enquiries have also been made on an international basis to locate him.

Anyone with any information regarding his whereabouts is asked to call Gwent Police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Comments (21)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

2:28pm Wed 30 Jul 14

danger2013 says...

Dont have nightmares !!!!! mmmmwwwhaaaaaa
Dont have nightmares !!!!! mmmmwwwhaaaaaa danger2013
  • Score: 15

2:51pm Wed 30 Jul 14

Friendly Fire says...

So his been on the run for 14 years and not got caught yet. Good luck I say.
So his been on the run for 14 years and not got caught yet. Good luck I say. Friendly Fire
  • Score: 5

3:17pm Wed 30 Jul 14

The King of Southend says...

A better headline would have been:

Police given Runaround by man in Mike Reid glasses.

G-g-g-g-g-g-GO!
A better headline would have been: Police given Runaround by man in Mike Reid glasses. G-g-g-g-g-g-GO! The King of Southend
  • Score: 27

3:27pm Wed 30 Jul 14

Nebs says...

Friendly Fire wrote:
So his been on the run for 14 years and not got caught yet. Good luck I say.
Despite having to show his passport to return from Spain, South Africa and France.
[quote][p][bold]Friendly Fire[/bold] wrote: So his been on the run for 14 years and not got caught yet. Good luck I say.[/p][/quote]Despite having to show his passport to return from Spain, South Africa and France. Nebs
  • Score: 25

3:28pm Wed 30 Jul 14

supermadmax says...

He has not done anything for 14 years, this is arguably harassment. Concentrate on people who are a threat. Even if you are after him, no need for all the drama and TV appeals.
He has not done anything for 14 years, this is arguably harassment. Concentrate on people who are a threat. Even if you are after him, no need for all the drama and TV appeals. supermadmax
  • Score: -21

3:32pm Wed 30 Jul 14

supermadmax says...

Nebs wrote:
Friendly Fire wrote:
So his been on the run for 14 years and not got caught yet. Good luck I say.
Despite having to show his passport to return from Spain, South Africa and France.
Its a doddle to get passports in different names to be fair, I have had a few myself for novelty purposes of course. I doubt he is living / travelling under his real name.
[quote][p][bold]Nebs[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Friendly Fire[/bold] wrote: So his been on the run for 14 years and not got caught yet. Good luck I say.[/p][/quote]Despite having to show his passport to return from Spain, South Africa and France.[/p][/quote]Its a doddle to get passports in different names to be fair, I have had a few myself for novelty purposes of course. I doubt he is living / travelling under his real name. supermadmax
  • Score: -6

3:51pm Wed 30 Jul 14

Robin Reliant says...

love that with possible weightloss from fattie picture, his eyes don't move. flick between the 2 fast and its great.

and the headline is more akin to a wild animal on the loose than a man, i get this image of a wild man wearing ripped clothing unshaven and snarling at the genteel folk of Hockleyville whilst running through Hockley woods.
love that with possible weightloss from fattie picture, his eyes don't move. flick between the 2 fast and its great. and the headline is more akin to a wild animal on the loose than a man, i get this image of a wild man wearing ripped clothing unshaven and snarling at the genteel folk of Hockleyville whilst running through Hockley woods. Robin Reliant
  • Score: 9

3:52pm Wed 30 Jul 14

pembury53 says...

supermadmax wrote:
He has not done anything for 14 years, this is arguably harassment. Concentrate on people who are a threat. Even if you are after him, no need for all the drama and TV appeals.
agreed, this bloke probably poses no risk to anyone now, in fact fair play for avoiding the nick for 14 years, good effort...... leave in peace to get on with his life and concentrate on the real garbage out there
[quote][p][bold]supermadmax[/bold] wrote: He has not done anything for 14 years, this is arguably harassment. Concentrate on people who are a threat. Even if you are after him, no need for all the drama and TV appeals.[/p][/quote]agreed, this bloke probably poses no risk to anyone now, in fact fair play for avoiding the nick for 14 years, good effort...... leave in peace to get on with his life and concentrate on the real garbage out there pembury53
  • Score: -18

4:08pm Wed 30 Jul 14

Robin Reliant says...

and whats more he deserves an award for keeping the same glasses since he was 40, thats some achievement.
and whats more he deserves an award for keeping the same glasses since he was 40, thats some achievement. Robin Reliant
  • Score: 16

4:58pm Wed 30 Jul 14

SLord90 says...

Why was he ever let out?!
Why was he ever let out?! SLord90
  • Score: 12

5:52pm Wed 30 Jul 14

supermadmax says...

SLord90 wrote:
Why was he ever let out?!
It was manslaughter not murder, I'd suggest 20 years served was a fair amount.
[quote][p][bold]SLord90[/bold] wrote: Why was he ever let out?![/p][/quote]It was manslaughter not murder, I'd suggest 20 years served was a fair amount. supermadmax
  • Score: 4

9:19pm Wed 30 Jul 14

Robin Reliant says...

supermadmax wrote:
SLord90 wrote:
Why was he ever let out?!
It was manslaughter not murder, I'd suggest 20 years served was a fair amount.
many spend much less that 20 for manslaughter too, but he failed to keep his nose clean so he did have a crack of the whip.
[quote][p][bold]supermadmax[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]SLord90[/bold] wrote: Why was he ever let out?![/p][/quote]It was manslaughter not murder, I'd suggest 20 years served was a fair amount.[/p][/quote]many spend much less that 20 for manslaughter too, but he failed to keep his nose clean so he did have a crack of the whip. Robin Reliant
  • Score: -1

10:48pm Wed 30 Jul 14

Friendly Fire says...

pembury53 wrote:
supermadmax wrote:
He has not done anything for 14 years, this is arguably harassment. Concentrate on people who are a threat. Even if you are after him, no need for all the drama and TV appeals.
agreed, this bloke probably poses no risk to anyone now, in fact fair play for avoiding the nick for 14 years, good effort...... leave in peace to get on with his life and concentrate on the real garbage out there
I agree. I think he deserves a medal to be honest. 14 years on the run in my eyes is an achievement without getting caught.
[quote][p][bold]pembury53[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]supermadmax[/bold] wrote: He has not done anything for 14 years, this is arguably harassment. Concentrate on people who are a threat. Even if you are after him, no need for all the drama and TV appeals.[/p][/quote]agreed, this bloke probably poses no risk to anyone now, in fact fair play for avoiding the nick for 14 years, good effort...... leave in peace to get on with his life and concentrate on the real garbage out there[/p][/quote]I agree. I think he deserves a medal to be honest. 14 years on the run in my eyes is an achievement without getting caught. Friendly Fire
  • Score: 2

7:39am Thu 31 Jul 14

Kim Gandy says...

Friendly Fire wrote:
So his been on the run for 14 years and not got caught yet. Good luck I say.
Perhaps you'll be his first victim, then you won't be able to come out with any more crap like that. And we might get some peace from your insane drivel.

Why don't you just do one? Or do you like playing the role of village idiot?
[quote][p][bold]Friendly Fire[/bold] wrote: So his been on the run for 14 years and not got caught yet. Good luck I say.[/p][/quote]Perhaps you'll be his first victim, then you won't be able to come out with any more crap like that. And we might get some peace from your insane drivel. Why don't you just do one? Or do you like playing the role of village idiot? Kim Gandy
  • Score: 5

7:40am Thu 31 Jul 14

Kim Gandy says...

supermadmax wrote:
He has not done anything for 14 years, this is arguably harassment. Concentrate on people who are a threat. Even if you are after him, no need for all the drama and TV appeals.
Oh that's all right then, as long as it's not a member of your family that upsets him eh?
[quote][p][bold]supermadmax[/bold] wrote: He has not done anything for 14 years, this is arguably harassment. Concentrate on people who are a threat. Even if you are after him, no need for all the drama and TV appeals.[/p][/quote]Oh that's all right then, as long as it's not a member of your family that upsets him eh? Kim Gandy
  • Score: 8

7:42am Thu 31 Jul 14

Kim Gandy says...

pembury53 wrote:
supermadmax wrote:
He has not done anything for 14 years, this is arguably harassment. Concentrate on people who are a threat. Even if you are after him, no need for all the drama and TV appeals.
agreed, this bloke probably poses no risk to anyone now, in fact fair play for avoiding the nick for 14 years, good effort...... leave in peace to get on with his life and concentrate on the real garbage out there
Good God, I can't believe how many idiots are in one place on this site.

Tell me , do you have your meetings in a phone box so you can talk this drivel with all your alter egos?

But you'd be the first to bellyache, wouldn't you, if it was a member of your family he either diddled or worse still, killed.

Grow up.
[quote][p][bold]pembury53[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]supermadmax[/bold] wrote: He has not done anything for 14 years, this is arguably harassment. Concentrate on people who are a threat. Even if you are after him, no need for all the drama and TV appeals.[/p][/quote]agreed, this bloke probably poses no risk to anyone now, in fact fair play for avoiding the nick for 14 years, good effort...... leave in peace to get on with his life and concentrate on the real garbage out there[/p][/quote]Good God, I can't believe how many idiots are in one place on this site. Tell me , do you have your meetings in a phone box so you can talk this drivel with all your alter egos? But you'd be the first to bellyache, wouldn't you, if it was a member of your family he either diddled or worse still, killed. Grow up. Kim Gandy
  • Score: 9

7:44am Thu 31 Jul 14

Kim Gandy says...

Friendly Fire wrote:
pembury53 wrote:
supermadmax wrote:
He has not done anything for 14 years, this is arguably harassment. Concentrate on people who are a threat. Even if you are after him, no need for all the drama and TV appeals.
agreed, this bloke probably poses no risk to anyone now, in fact fair play for avoiding the nick for 14 years, good effort...... leave in peace to get on with his life and concentrate on the real garbage out there
I agree. I think he deserves a medal to be honest. 14 years on the run in my eyes is an achievement without getting caught.
You deserve a medal... for being the thickest of thick morons to ever disgrace this webpage.

If your brains exploded it wouldn't even disturb your hair.

Idiot.
[quote][p][bold]Friendly Fire[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]pembury53[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]supermadmax[/bold] wrote: He has not done anything for 14 years, this is arguably harassment. Concentrate on people who are a threat. Even if you are after him, no need for all the drama and TV appeals.[/p][/quote]agreed, this bloke probably poses no risk to anyone now, in fact fair play for avoiding the nick for 14 years, good effort...... leave in peace to get on with his life and concentrate on the real garbage out there[/p][/quote]I agree. I think he deserves a medal to be honest. 14 years on the run in my eyes is an achievement without getting caught.[/p][/quote]You deserve a medal... for being the thickest of thick morons to ever disgrace this webpage. If your brains exploded it wouldn't even disturb your hair. Idiot. Kim Gandy
  • Score: 9

1:36pm Thu 31 Jul 14

Controversial1 says...

Robin Reliant wrote:
love that with possible weightloss from fattie picture, his eyes don't move. flick between the 2 fast and its great.

and the headline is more akin to a wild animal on the loose than a man, i get this image of a wild man wearing ripped clothing unshaven and snarling at the genteel folk of Hockleyville whilst running through Hockley woods.
is he possibly the man who has been terrorising the lolly-pop man in Billericay
[quote][p][bold]Robin Reliant[/bold] wrote: love that with possible weightloss from fattie picture, his eyes don't move. flick between the 2 fast and its great. and the headline is more akin to a wild animal on the loose than a man, i get this image of a wild man wearing ripped clothing unshaven and snarling at the genteel folk of Hockleyville whilst running through Hockley woods.[/p][/quote]is he possibly the man who has been terrorising the lolly-pop man in Billericay Controversial1
  • Score: 3

1:40pm Thu 31 Jul 14

Controversial1 says...

Kim Gandy wrote:
Friendly Fire wrote:
So his been on the run for 14 years and not got caught yet. Good luck I say.
Perhaps you'll be his first victim, then you won't be able to come out with any more crap like that. And we might get some peace from your insane drivel.

Why don't you just do one? Or do you like playing the role of village idiot?
Do you even read the stories or just comment on the comments? "Perhaps you will be his first victim" does that not make the man innocent if there has been no victim in the first place?? Airhead
[quote][p][bold]Kim Gandy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Friendly Fire[/bold] wrote: So his been on the run for 14 years and not got caught yet. Good luck I say.[/p][/quote]Perhaps you'll be his first victim, then you won't be able to come out with any more crap like that. And we might get some peace from your insane drivel. Why don't you just do one? Or do you like playing the role of village idiot?[/p][/quote]Do you even read the stories or just comment on the comments? "Perhaps you will be his first victim" does that not make the man innocent if there has been no victim in the first place?? Airhead Controversial1
  • Score: 1

3:41pm Thu 31 Jul 14

Almeda11 says...

Controversial1 wrote:
Kim Gandy wrote:
Friendly Fire wrote:
So his been on the run for 14 years and not got caught yet. Good luck I say.
Perhaps you'll be his first victim, then you won't be able to come out with any more crap like that. And we might get some peace from your insane drivel.

Why don't you just do one? Or do you like playing the role of village idiot?
Do you even read the stories or just comment on the comments? "Perhaps you will be his first victim" does that not make the man innocent if there has been no victim in the first place?? Airhead
More to the point, did YOU bother to read the article, as it quite clearly states
"He had been on life licence since his release from prison on March 29, 1993, having served 19 years of a life sentence for the manslaughter of his mother and sister in 1973"

Clear enough now for you? there were TWO VICTIMS ! Maybe you should read the articles thoroughly before describing othe people as airheads, you are the airhead here l`m afraid.
[quote][p][bold]Controversial1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Kim Gandy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Friendly Fire[/bold] wrote: So his been on the run for 14 years and not got caught yet. Good luck I say.[/p][/quote]Perhaps you'll be his first victim, then you won't be able to come out with any more crap like that. And we might get some peace from your insane drivel. Why don't you just do one? Or do you like playing the role of village idiot?[/p][/quote]Do you even read the stories or just comment on the comments? "Perhaps you will be his first victim" does that not make the man innocent if there has been no victim in the first place?? Airhead[/p][/quote]More to the point, did YOU bother to read the article, as it quite clearly states "He had been on life licence since his release from prison on March 29, 1993, having served 19 years of a life sentence for the manslaughter of his mother and sister in 1973" Clear enough now for you? there were TWO VICTIMS ! Maybe you should read the articles thoroughly before describing othe people as airheads, you are the airhead here l`m afraid. Almeda11
  • Score: 1

11:49pm Thu 31 Jul 14

shoess3 says...

Almeda11 wrote:
Controversial1 wrote:
Kim Gandy wrote:
Friendly Fire wrote:
So his been on the run for 14 years and not got caught yet. Good luck I say.
Perhaps you'll be his first victim, then you won't be able to come out with any more crap like that. And we might get some peace from your insane drivel.

Why don't you just do one? Or do you like playing the role of village idiot?
Do you even read the stories or just comment on the comments? "Perhaps you will be his first victim" does that not make the man innocent if there has been no victim in the first place?? Airhead
More to the point, did YOU bother to read the article, as it quite clearly states
"He had been on life licence since his release from prison on March 29, 1993, having served 19 years of a life sentence for the manslaughter of his mother and sister in 1973"

Clear enough now for you? there were TWO VICTIMS ! Maybe you should read the articles thoroughly before describing othe people as airheads, you are the airhead here l`m afraid.
Think you've misinterpreted what they've said!
[quote][p][bold]Almeda11[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Controversial1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Kim Gandy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Friendly Fire[/bold] wrote: So his been on the run for 14 years and not got caught yet. Good luck I say.[/p][/quote]Perhaps you'll be his first victim, then you won't be able to come out with any more crap like that. And we might get some peace from your insane drivel. Why don't you just do one? Or do you like playing the role of village idiot?[/p][/quote]Do you even read the stories or just comment on the comments? "Perhaps you will be his first victim" does that not make the man innocent if there has been no victim in the first place?? Airhead[/p][/quote]More to the point, did YOU bother to read the article, as it quite clearly states "He had been on life licence since his release from prison on March 29, 1993, having served 19 years of a life sentence for the manslaughter of his mother and sister in 1973" Clear enough now for you? there were TWO VICTIMS ! Maybe you should read the articles thoroughly before describing othe people as airheads, you are the airhead here l`m afraid.[/p][/quote]Think you've misinterpreted what they've said! shoess3
  • Score: 3

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree