THE HEALTH and Safety executive have been called in to investigate after acid is thought to have spilled onto a man’s face.
The man in his 60s was taken to Basildon Hospital with potentially life-changing injuries after the incident, in which a corrosive substance is thought to have dripped from a pipe.
Paramedics were called to Wiseman Industries – which makes descaler, freeze spray and silicone spray – in Radford Crescent, Billericay, at 1.05pm on Tuesday.
The hazardous area response team were also sent, along with a fire crew who made the area safe.
Staff at the building declined to comment.
A spokesman for the Health and Safety Executive confirmed they are aware of the incident and were investigating.