SUBSTITUTE Billy Bricknell scored a hat-trick to send Billericay Town through to the final qualifying round of the FA Cup.

Billericay crushed Hungerford 6-1, with Louie Theophanous, Jeremy Lynch and Paul Konchesky also on target.

Town had the better of the opening exchanges and were the more creative in forward areas, with the first clear cut chance arriving on 10 minutes.

Louie Theophanous drifted out to the left wing and delivered a superb cross which Adam Cunnington met well. But goalkeeper Marcus Beauchamp was equal to the effort.

The hosts were well on top and deserved their lead, which arrived 10 minutes later.

Hungerford centre-back Harvey Read slashed an attempted clearance, which Ricky Modeste ran onto, controlling and crossing for Theophanous to bury into the far corner.

The rest of the half was largely spent in the Hungerford half, although the hosts failed to make the most of several good opportunities.

A fine sliding challenge by Joe Ellul halted Nicholas Brignall as the half came to a close.

But Billericay had time to double their advantage.

Brilliant wing play by Theophanous saw the ball teed back for substitute Bricknell who was left with the simplest tap-in.

Into the second-half, Hungerford needed a fast start and they got one. Within five minutes of the restart a ball was hammered across the face of goal and Stefan Brown took a touch and slammed home off the inside of the post.

Matt Paine cleared off the line as Hungerford enjoyed their best spell of the match, but Billericay were soon to restore their two-goal advantage.

Bricknell netted his second of the evening, which was followed two minutes later with his third, striking into the far corner from Theophanous’ cross.

Jeremy Lynch climbed off the bench to score his first for the club, with Paul Konchesky striking home the final blow, with the aid of a defenders outstretched leg, to complete a comfortable evening’s work.

East Thurrock United are also through to the final qualifying round as they came from behind to beat Harlow Town 2-1.

Rocks had been poor by manager John Coventry’s own admission in Saturday’s match and they were looking for more.

However, it was the Hawks that struck first. Nigel Neita turned the ball home to put the Isthmian Premier League side ahead.

But that advantage didn’t last long. Reece Harris levelled the scores seven minutes later and the match was won by Lewis Smith in the second-half, as Rocks turn their attentions to Ebbsfleet United.