A faulty microwave has caused a high-rise office block to be evacuated.

Fire crews from Southend, Leigh and Rochford, were called to reports of a fire on the 12th floor of a high-rise office block in Victoria Avenue, Southend.

Crews were spotted outside The Insolvency Service.

Firefighters arrived quickly and found a microwave has suffered an electrical fault, but there was no fire.

Firefighters removed the microwave and made sure the area was safe.

The office block was temporarily evacuated as part of standard office high-rise procedures.