Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting ECHONEWS to 80360, or email us »
Four people rescued from house blaze in Westcliff
8:58am Friday 7th September 2012 in News
FOUR residents were lead to safety by firefighters following an early morning blaze in Westcliff.
The fire sparked inside the front door of the house which had several flats in Hamlet Court Road.
After arriving shortly after 2.15am on Friday (7/9) sub officer Kevin Colby lead the residents to safety and joined firefighters from Leigh and Southend in putting out the flames before searching the smoke logged building.
All four rescued people were taken to Southend Hospital for further care and one was treated for a leg injury.
A joint probe between the fire service and police has been launched to establish the cause of the fire.
Anyone with information should call Southend police station on 101.
Comments are closed on this article.