Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting ECHONEWS to 80360, or email us »
Firefighters called to attend gas leak in Wickford
3:45pm Sunday 9th September 2012 in News
FIREFIGHTERS were called to attend a gas leak in Wickford.
Two crews from Rayleigh Weir rushed to Fourth Avenue at around 12:30pm on Sunday after a neighbour ran over a gas meter and gas started leaking out.
The Gas Board was called to isolate the supply and police were forced to cordon off the area while the incident was dealt with.
The leak was fixed by 2pm.