Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting ECHONEWS to 80360, or email us »
Two in hospital after playing with fireworks
2:32pm Thursday 18th October 2012 in News
TWO teenagers were taken to hospital after playing around with a firework.
Ambulance crews were called to Sydney Road in Tilbury last night, where they found one with burnt eyelids, and another with a hand injury.
After treatment by paramedics, the men were taken to Basildon Hospital.
East of England Ambulance Service spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “This incident has highlighted the dangers associated when playing around with fireworks.
“Both were very lucky to not have received serious injuries and we are urging the public to stay safe and treat fireworks with respect.”
Comments are closed on this article.