Demand for more cops to tackle crimewave on Canvey

Echo: Concerned - Dave Blackwell outside Canvey Amusements Concerned - Dave Blackwell outside Canvey Amusements

CALLS have been made for more police patrols on Canvey as the island has become gripped by high level crime.

Businesses and residents across the island have been left shaken after a series of armed robberies, burglaries and muggings in the community.

Twelve armed robberies have taken place on the island since January, with six in the last five weeks.

Figures obtained from the Police UK website show in September alone there were 15 burglaries and 19 incidents of violent crime including common assaults, grievous bodily harm and sexual offences.

The problems have sparked rumours of residents starting vigilante gangs to take the matters into their own hands.

Now opposition councillor Dave Blackwell, leader of the Canvey Independent Party is calling on Castle Point Council to lobby Essex Police to make Canvey more of a priority.

Mr Blackwell said: “Every single person I speak to is talking about what’s happening on Canvey, saying it is becoming unsafe. Shops keepers on the island are frightened they could be next.

“I run a cash-based business and I know I’ve been worried we could be a target. Some of my staff have even been burgled.

“I am not knocking the police, I know they are under pressure, but we as local councillors have to do all we can to protect residents. We need more patrols on Canvey and this should be a priority.

“High-profile crime is all I hear about at the moment, and the fear of crime is only increasing. This is becoming a real problem and something needs to be done.”

This comes after Canvey Amusements, in Furtherwick Road became the latest robbery victim on Sunday, when masked raiders held staff up at gunpoint before making off with a four-figure sum of money.

Mr Blackwell will be raising the issue at the next full council meeting on December 5 to see if the authority can request police to issue more officers to the area.

However, district inspector Chris Wood maintained the force is doing all it can to try and tackle the problem.

He said: “The robberies themselves are being handled by the Southend Target Offenders team. As far as local policing is concerned we are aware of the recent incidents and we are conducting patrols in areas where the activities have happened previously. We are trying to ensure there are high visibility patrols in those areas to deter crime.

“We have also been speaking to businesses who have been victims of crime and helping them review their security arrangements and suggest ways they can be improved.”

Anyone with information is encouraged to contact their local beat officer on 07791 680413 or Essex Police on 101.

Comments (24)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

2:41pm Thu 22 Nov 12

perini says...

Here's an idea - open a Police Station on Canvey!!
Here's an idea - open a Police Station on Canvey!! perini

3:25pm Thu 22 Nov 12

AndyBSG says...

"The robberies themselves are being handled by the Southend Target Offenders team"

There's the first problem.

Southend have enough problems of their own and as far as I was aware we come under the jurisdiction of Rayleigh police for out of hours support, not Southend. so why on Earth are Southend police going to prioritise Canvey problems where they don't know the local criminals/areas when they can look into stuff closer to home where their local knowledge is more likely to yield arrests.

"We are trying to ensure there are high visibility patrols in those areas to deter crime."

There's the second.

Stick a few visible patrols out and the criminals will simply back off then in 3 months, when the police deem their initiative has worked due to a reduction in these type of incidents, they'll pull those patrols and the same criminals will come out of the woodwork and resume where they left off.

The only way to stop this happening is to catch the perpetrators and hand out harsh sentences to send the message out that they can't do this on Canvey. Of course that will only work by having a dedicated Canvey police force who know the area, and know the local criminals so know exactly where to go knocking when this sort of thing happens but all of that sort of approach is going out of the window by closing stations.
"The robberies themselves are being handled by the Southend Target Offenders team" There's the first problem. Southend have enough problems of their own and as far as I was aware we come under the jurisdiction of Rayleigh police for out of hours support, not Southend. so why on Earth are Southend police going to prioritise Canvey problems where they don't know the local criminals/areas when they can look into stuff closer to home where their local knowledge is more likely to yield arrests. "We are trying to ensure there are high visibility patrols in those areas to deter crime." There's the second. Stick a few visible patrols out and the criminals will simply back off then in 3 months, when the police deem their initiative has worked due to a reduction in these type of incidents, they'll pull those patrols and the same criminals will come out of the woodwork and resume where they left off. The only way to stop this happening is to catch the perpetrators and hand out harsh sentences to send the message out that they can't do this on Canvey. Of course that will only work by having a dedicated Canvey police force who know the area, and know the local criminals so know exactly where to go knocking when this sort of thing happens but all of that sort of approach is going out of the window by closing stations. AndyBSG

4:49pm Thu 22 Nov 12

upset says...

I am sure having the cllrs photo taken will help!!! why wait until the 5th December, we were all told by CIIP that a Town council could sort this type of problem out.

No, usual rhetoric from the INDIES aid and abetted by the Echo with the photo opportunity and all we get is a higher Council tax for the bother.

Come on you INDIES do something other than moan and criticise, actually fulfil your promises.
I am sure having the cllrs photo taken will help!!! why wait until the 5th December, we were all told by CIIP that a Town council could sort this type of problem out. No, usual rhetoric from the INDIES aid and abetted by the Echo with the photo opportunity and all we get is a higher Council tax for the bother. Come on you INDIES do something other than moan and criticise, actually fulfil your promises. upset

4:52pm Thu 22 Nov 12

Brunning999 says...

This is an example of a how things are seriously wrong.

The cuts forced upon the Force mean closures, changes in Divisional Policing plus squads being formed to deal with problems which means they come they go then the trouble starts all over again.

Essex Police is in a mess an utter mess.

And no PCC who is supported, financed and under orders from the very Government who have ordered cuts and have an unhealthy obsession of destroying the very foundations that made this country great.

Essex Police has suffered badly their Officers are demoralized and their conditions of employment are under attack which is tragic when we as a public should be having the best, the fittest young Officers instead we are slowly getting the cheapest and the less trained (despite what they say) officers at a time when crime is increasing and the vulnerable are getting worried especially some elderly old folk living alone who worry if they are safe in their beds at night and are more concerned about worrying the Police than calling them.

Mr Nick Alston lets see you reverse the policy of this Government now before the situation becomes so bad that the army (which is just as bad) is needed to restore order.

I fully support Dave Blackwell .
This is an example of a how things are seriously wrong. The cuts forced upon the Force mean closures, changes in Divisional Policing plus squads being formed to deal with problems which means they come they go then the trouble starts all over again. Essex Police is in a mess an utter mess. And no PCC who is supported, financed and under orders from the very Government who have ordered cuts and have an unhealthy obsession of destroying the very foundations that made this country great. Essex Police has suffered badly their Officers are demoralized and their conditions of employment are under attack which is tragic when we as a public should be having the best, the fittest young Officers instead we are slowly getting the cheapest and the less trained (despite what they say) officers at a time when crime is increasing and the vulnerable are getting worried especially some elderly old folk living alone who worry if they are safe in their beds at night and are more concerned about worrying the Police than calling them. Mr Nick Alston lets see you reverse the policy of this Government now before the situation becomes so bad that the army (which is just as bad) is needed to restore order. I fully support Dave Blackwell . Brunning999

5:04pm Thu 22 Nov 12

leigh-my-town says...

Every day Canvey is in the paper for the wrong reasons. Police and Local government need to open their eyes and ears and sort this out because from the outside looking in this is a shambles.
Every day Canvey is in the paper for the wrong reasons. Police and Local government need to open their eyes and ears and sort this out because from the outside looking in this is a shambles. leigh-my-town

5:22pm Thu 22 Nov 12

whataday says...

How can policing be effective while this Government is making constant cuts.
Police morale must already be low when they are catching criminals and then the justice system lets them walk free. How demoralising. Then on top of that they have to solve crimes these criminals carry on committing and with less police.

When it is time to vote again try to remember how this government has cut all public services. Whether you're rich or poor these cuts will affect you because everybody suffers the results of crime because society as we know it deteriorates Everybody will also suffer adversely with cuts in health as many diseases don't have social barriers.
How can policing be effective while this Government is making constant cuts. Police morale must already be low when they are catching criminals and then the justice system lets them walk free. How demoralising. Then on top of that they have to solve crimes these criminals carry on committing and with less police. When it is time to vote again try to remember how this government has cut all public services. Whether you're rich or poor these cuts will affect you because everybody suffers the results of crime because society as we know it deteriorates Everybody will also suffer adversely with cuts in health as many diseases don't have social barriers. whataday

5:23pm Thu 22 Nov 12

whataday says...

How can policing be effective while this Government is making constant cuts.
Police morale must already be low when they are catching criminals and then the justice system lets them walk free. How demoralising. Then on top of that they have to solve crimes these criminals carry on committing and with less police.

When it is time to vote again try to remember how this government has cut all public services. Whether you're rich or poor these cuts will affect you because everybody suffers the results of crime because society as we know it deteriorates Everybody will also suffer adversely with cuts in health as many diseases don't have social barriers.
How can policing be effective while this Government is making constant cuts. Police morale must already be low when they are catching criminals and then the justice system lets them walk free. How demoralising. Then on top of that they have to solve crimes these criminals carry on committing and with less police. When it is time to vote again try to remember how this government has cut all public services. Whether you're rich or poor these cuts will affect you because everybody suffers the results of crime because society as we know it deteriorates Everybody will also suffer adversely with cuts in health as many diseases don't have social barriers. whataday

6:14pm Thu 22 Nov 12

Brunning999 says...

Rebbeca are you listening?
Rebbeca are you listening? Brunning999

7:28pm Thu 22 Nov 12

iknowbetter says...

" UPSET SAYS:: we were all told by CIIP that a Town council could sort this type of problem out.
**
Was we?
Sadly irrelevant of the Town Council's so called promises we are governed by government where policing is concernedl, I.E they make the decisions to increase or decrease policing and NOT the Town Council. So like it or not if you want to blame anyone blame your beloved Tories for reducing policing and closing much needed police stations. Or should we conveniently blame the "Council Officers" for the lack of policing. PMSL.....
" UPSET SAYS:: we were all told by CIIP that a Town council could sort this type of problem out. ** Was we? Sadly irrelevant of the Town Council's so called promises we are governed by government where policing is concernedl, I.E they make the decisions to increase or decrease policing and NOT the Town Council. So like it or not if you want to blame anyone blame your beloved Tories for reducing policing and closing much needed police stations. Or should we conveniently blame the "Council Officers" for the lack of policing. PMSL..... iknowbetter

7:30pm Thu 22 Nov 12

iknowbetter says...

Brunning999 wrote:
Rebbeca are you listening?
No she is to busy comforting Ray Howard after his brush with a mad man throwing stones at his windows.
[quote][p][bold]Brunning999[/bold] wrote: Rebbeca are you listening?[/p][/quote]No she is to busy comforting Ray Howard after his brush with a mad man throwing stones at his windows. iknowbetter

8:48pm Thu 22 Nov 12

upset says...

iknowbetter wrote:
" UPSET SAYS:: we were all told by CIIP that a Town council could sort this type of problem out.
**
Was we?
Sadly irrelevant of the Town Council's so called promises we are governed by government where policing is concernedl, I.E they make the decisions to increase or decrease policing and NOT the Town Council. So like it or not if you want to blame anyone blame your beloved Tories for reducing policing and closing much needed police stations. Or should we conveniently blame the "Council Officers" for the lack of policing. PMSL.....
Go to the Town council website, last item on the What we do list is "Consultee on crime and disorder reduction.
I rest my case, more talking.
[quote][p][bold]iknowbetter[/bold] wrote: " UPSET SAYS:: we were all told by CIIP that a Town council could sort this type of problem out. ** Was we? Sadly irrelevant of the Town Council's so called promises we are governed by government where policing is concernedl, I.E they make the decisions to increase or decrease policing and NOT the Town Council. So like it or not if you want to blame anyone blame your beloved Tories for reducing policing and closing much needed police stations. Or should we conveniently blame the "Council Officers" for the lack of policing. PMSL.....[/p][/quote]Go to the Town council website, last item on the What we do list is "Consultee on crime and disorder reduction. I rest my case, more talking. upset

9:36pm Thu 22 Nov 12

Brunning999 says...

iknowbetter wrote:
Brunning999 wrote:
Rebbeca are you listening?
No she is to busy comforting Ray Howard after his brush with a mad man throwing stones at his windows.
Or looking for cameras to smile at.

Does anyone remember BWB?
[quote][p][bold]iknowbetter[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Brunning999[/bold] wrote: Rebbeca are you listening?[/p][/quote]No she is to busy comforting Ray Howard after his brush with a mad man throwing stones at his windows.[/p][/quote]Or looking for cameras to smile at. Does anyone remember BWB? Brunning999

9:52pm Thu 22 Nov 12

iknowbetter says...

upset wrote:
iknowbetter wrote:
" UPSET SAYS:: we were all told by CIIP that a Town council could sort this type of problem out.
**
Was we?
Sadly irrelevant of the Town Council's so called promises we are governed by government where policing is concernedl, I.E they make the decisions to increase or decrease policing and NOT the Town Council. So like it or not if you want to blame anyone blame your beloved Tories for reducing policing and closing much needed police stations. Or should we conveniently blame the "Council Officers" for the lack of policing. PMSL.....
Go to the Town council website, last item on the What we do list is "Consultee on crime and disorder reduction.
I rest my case, more talking.
where does it say what you have stated, I'll repeat it, you said, we were all told by CIIP that a Town council could sort this type of problem out.
**
So instead of making it up UPSET, try coming back to us when you understand the term Consultee, its a far cry from what you claim was stated. Or should we blame this one on the "Council Officers" PMSL.......
[quote][p][bold]upset[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]iknowbetter[/bold] wrote: " UPSET SAYS:: we were all told by CIIP that a Town council could sort this type of problem out. ** Was we? Sadly irrelevant of the Town Council's so called promises we are governed by government where policing is concernedl, I.E they make the decisions to increase or decrease policing and NOT the Town Council. So like it or not if you want to blame anyone blame your beloved Tories for reducing policing and closing much needed police stations. Or should we conveniently blame the "Council Officers" for the lack of policing. PMSL.....[/p][/quote]Go to the Town council website, last item on the What we do list is "Consultee on crime and disorder reduction. I rest my case, more talking.[/p][/quote]where does it say what you have stated, I'll repeat it, you said, we were all told by CIIP that a Town council could sort this type of problem out. ** So instead of making it up UPSET, try coming back to us when you understand the term Consultee, its a far cry from what you claim was stated. Or should we blame this one on the "Council Officers" PMSL....... iknowbetter

6:54am Fri 23 Nov 12

upset says...

iknowbetter wrote:
upset wrote:
iknowbetter wrote:
" UPSET SAYS:: we were all told by CIIP that a Town council could sort this type of problem out.
**
Was we?
Sadly irrelevant of the Town Council's so called promises we are governed by government where policing is concernedl, I.E they make the decisions to increase or decrease policing and NOT the Town Council. So like it or not if you want to blame anyone blame your beloved Tories for reducing policing and closing much needed police stations. Or should we conveniently blame the "Council Officers" for the lack of policing. PMSL.....
Go to the Town council website, last item on the What we do list is "Consultee on crime and disorder reduction.
I rest my case, more talking.
where does it say what you have stated, I'll repeat it, you said, we were all told by CIIP that a Town council could sort this type of problem out.
**
So instead of making it up UPSET, try coming back to us when you understand the term Consultee, its a far cry from what you claim was stated. Or should we blame this one on the "Council Officers" PMSL.......
I can show what was promised all that time ago, but I know what we were promised, but the party CIIP still suggest they can influence crime, see here http://www.canveyisl
andindependentparty.
org.uk/Canvey_Island
_Independent_Party/O
ur_Policy.html.
[quote][p][bold]iknowbetter[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]upset[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]iknowbetter[/bold] wrote: " UPSET SAYS:: we were all told by CIIP that a Town council could sort this type of problem out. ** Was we? Sadly irrelevant of the Town Council's so called promises we are governed by government where policing is concernedl, I.E they make the decisions to increase or decrease policing and NOT the Town Council. So like it or not if you want to blame anyone blame your beloved Tories for reducing policing and closing much needed police stations. Or should we conveniently blame the "Council Officers" for the lack of policing. PMSL.....[/p][/quote]Go to the Town council website, last item on the What we do list is "Consultee on crime and disorder reduction. I rest my case, more talking.[/p][/quote]where does it say what you have stated, I'll repeat it, you said, we were all told by CIIP that a Town council could sort this type of problem out. ** So instead of making it up UPSET, try coming back to us when you understand the term Consultee, its a far cry from what you claim was stated. Or should we blame this one on the "Council Officers" PMSL.......[/p][/quote]I can show what was promised all that time ago, but I know what we were promised, but the party CIIP still suggest they can influence crime, see here http://www.canveyisl andindependentparty. org.uk/Canvey_Island _Independent_Party/O ur_Policy.html. upset

7:28am Fri 23 Nov 12

Brunning999 says...

upset wrote:
iknowbetter wrote:
upset wrote:
iknowbetter wrote:
" UPSET SAYS:: we were all told by CIIP that a Town council could sort this type of problem out.
**
Was we?
Sadly irrelevant of the Town Council's so called promises we are governed by government where policing is concernedl, I.E they make the decisions to increase or decrease policing and NOT the Town Council. So like it or not if you want to blame anyone blame your beloved Tories for reducing policing and closing much needed police stations. Or should we conveniently blame the "Council Officers" for the lack of policing. PMSL.....
Go to the Town council website, last item on the What we do list is "Consultee on crime and disorder reduction.
I rest my case, more talking.
where does it say what you have stated, I'll repeat it, you said, we were all told by CIIP that a Town council could sort this type of problem out.
**
So instead of making it up UPSET, try coming back to us when you understand the term Consultee, its a far cry from what you claim was stated. Or should we blame this one on the "Council Officers" PMSL.......
I can show what was promised all that time ago, but I know what we were promised, but the party CIIP still suggest they can influence crime, see here http://www.canveyisl

andindependentparty.

org.uk/Canvey_Island

_Independent_Party/O

ur_Policy.html.
You idiots are playing politics with a growing threat to law and order THAT IS WRONG IT IS DANGEROUS.

I am not interested in Politics, Politicians or blame I am only interested in feeling safe in my community, being protected from criminal thugs and being able to not have my property damaged or stolen.

And the truth is very very simple providing you are not hiding behind bloody smokescreens of the political tennis match.

It is simple we need to ensure Law and Order is maintained however much it costs the result of failure is simple: WE WILL LOSE EVERYTHING IN CHAOS AND DISORDER.

A 20% cut in Policing is a dangerous game to play when crime is obviously going to increase with growing unemployment and recession.

WHY DO WE NOT HEAR LOCAL POLITICIANS COMPLAINING ABOUT THE POLICE BUDGET CUTS?

If they really care for the area stop talking rollocks about efficiency s stop blaming each other just face reality before it is to late.

ACT NOW BEFORE IT IS TO LATE!

REBECCA Shout your disgust

NICK ALSTON do not accept the cuts

Ray Howard stuff the party whip disagree with the cuts

If we all must pay more 'so be it'. We must act before it is to late!!!
[quote][p][bold]upset[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]iknowbetter[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]upset[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]iknowbetter[/bold] wrote: " UPSET SAYS:: we were all told by CIIP that a Town council could sort this type of problem out. ** Was we? Sadly irrelevant of the Town Council's so called promises we are governed by government where policing is concernedl, I.E they make the decisions to increase or decrease policing and NOT the Town Council. So like it or not if you want to blame anyone blame your beloved Tories for reducing policing and closing much needed police stations. Or should we conveniently blame the "Council Officers" for the lack of policing. PMSL.....[/p][/quote]Go to the Town council website, last item on the What we do list is "Consultee on crime and disorder reduction. I rest my case, more talking.[/p][/quote]where does it say what you have stated, I'll repeat it, you said, we were all told by CIIP that a Town council could sort this type of problem out. ** So instead of making it up UPSET, try coming back to us when you understand the term Consultee, its a far cry from what you claim was stated. Or should we blame this one on the "Council Officers" PMSL.......[/p][/quote]I can show what was promised all that time ago, but I know what we were promised, but the party CIIP still suggest they can influence crime, see here http://www.canveyisl andindependentparty. org.uk/Canvey_Island _Independent_Party/O ur_Policy.html.[/p][/quote]You idiots are playing politics with a growing threat to law and order THAT IS WRONG IT IS DANGEROUS. I am not interested in Politics, Politicians or blame I am only interested in feeling safe in my community, being protected from criminal thugs and being able to not have my property damaged or stolen. And the truth is very very simple providing you are not hiding behind bloody smokescreens of the political tennis match. It is simple we need to ensure Law and Order is maintained however much it costs the result of failure is simple: WE WILL LOSE EVERYTHING IN CHAOS AND DISORDER. A 20% cut in Policing is a dangerous game to play when crime is obviously going to increase with growing unemployment and recession. WHY DO WE NOT HEAR LOCAL POLITICIANS COMPLAINING ABOUT THE POLICE BUDGET CUTS? If they really care for the area stop talking rollocks about efficiency s stop blaming each other just face reality before it is to late. ACT NOW BEFORE IT IS TO LATE! REBECCA Shout your disgust NICK ALSTON do not accept the cuts Ray Howard stuff the party whip disagree with the cuts If we all must pay more 'so be it'. We must act before it is to late!!! Brunning999

7:46am Fri 23 Nov 12

upset says...

Brunning999 wrote:
upset wrote:
iknowbetter wrote:
upset wrote:
iknowbetter wrote:
" UPSET SAYS:: we were all told by CIIP that a Town council could sort this type of problem out.
**
Was we?
Sadly irrelevant of the Town Council's so called promises we are governed by government where policing is concernedl, I.E they make the decisions to increase or decrease policing and NOT the Town Council. So like it or not if you want to blame anyone blame your beloved Tories for reducing policing and closing much needed police stations. Or should we conveniently blame the "Council Officers" for the lack of policing. PMSL.....
Go to the Town council website, last item on the What we do list is "Consultee on crime and disorder reduction.
I rest my case, more talking.
where does it say what you have stated, I'll repeat it, you said, we were all told by CIIP that a Town council could sort this type of problem out.
**
So instead of making it up UPSET, try coming back to us when you understand the term Consultee, its a far cry from what you claim was stated. Or should we blame this one on the "Council Officers" PMSL.......
I can show what was promised all that time ago, but I know what we were promised, but the party CIIP still suggest they can influence crime, see here http://www.canveyisl


andindependentparty.


org.uk/Canvey_Island


_Independent_Party/O


ur_Policy.html.
You idiots are playing politics with a growing threat to law and order THAT IS WRONG IT IS DANGEROUS.

I am not interested in Politics, Politicians or blame I am only interested in feeling safe in my community, being protected from criminal thugs and being able to not have my property damaged or stolen.

And the truth is very very simple providing you are not hiding behind bloody smokescreens of the political tennis match.

It is simple we need to ensure Law and Order is maintained however much it costs the result of failure is simple: WE WILL LOSE EVERYTHING IN CHAOS AND DISORDER.

A 20% cut in Policing is a dangerous game to play when crime is obviously going to increase with growing unemployment and recession.

WHY DO WE NOT HEAR LOCAL POLITICIANS COMPLAINING ABOUT THE POLICE BUDGET CUTS?

If they really care for the area stop talking rollocks about efficiency s stop blaming each other just face reality before it is to late.

ACT NOW BEFORE IT IS TO LATE!

REBECCA Shout your disgust

NICK ALSTON do not accept the cuts

Ray Howard stuff the party whip disagree with the cuts

If we all must pay more 'so be it'. We must act before it is to late!!!
You either dont live on Canvey Island or you dont mind paying extra tax for the town council, who only do what we can do on here, moan, grown, criticise and make promises that cant or wont kept.
I agree with you, you get what you pay for, I along with a lot of Islanders would rather pay our Town council tax to the police budget, but 3,000 of over 40,000 residents were conned into believing that the INDIES could do what they promised, so we all now payer the price for WHAT!!!
[quote][p][bold]Brunning999[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]upset[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]iknowbetter[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]upset[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]iknowbetter[/bold] wrote: " UPSET SAYS:: we were all told by CIIP that a Town council could sort this type of problem out. ** Was we? Sadly irrelevant of the Town Council's so called promises we are governed by government where policing is concernedl, I.E they make the decisions to increase or decrease policing and NOT the Town Council. So like it or not if you want to blame anyone blame your beloved Tories for reducing policing and closing much needed police stations. Or should we conveniently blame the "Council Officers" for the lack of policing. PMSL.....[/p][/quote]Go to the Town council website, last item on the What we do list is "Consultee on crime and disorder reduction. I rest my case, more talking.[/p][/quote]where does it say what you have stated, I'll repeat it, you said, we were all told by CIIP that a Town council could sort this type of problem out. ** So instead of making it up UPSET, try coming back to us when you understand the term Consultee, its a far cry from what you claim was stated. Or should we blame this one on the "Council Officers" PMSL.......[/p][/quote]I can show what was promised all that time ago, but I know what we were promised, but the party CIIP still suggest they can influence crime, see here http://www.canveyisl andindependentparty. org.uk/Canvey_Island _Independent_Party/O ur_Policy.html.[/p][/quote]You idiots are playing politics with a growing threat to law and order THAT IS WRONG IT IS DANGEROUS. I am not interested in Politics, Politicians or blame I am only interested in feeling safe in my community, being protected from criminal thugs and being able to not have my property damaged or stolen. And the truth is very very simple providing you are not hiding behind bloody smokescreens of the political tennis match. It is simple we need to ensure Law and Order is maintained however much it costs the result of failure is simple: WE WILL LOSE EVERYTHING IN CHAOS AND DISORDER. A 20% cut in Policing is a dangerous game to play when crime is obviously going to increase with growing unemployment and recession. WHY DO WE NOT HEAR LOCAL POLITICIANS COMPLAINING ABOUT THE POLICE BUDGET CUTS? If they really care for the area stop talking rollocks about efficiency s stop blaming each other just face reality before it is to late. ACT NOW BEFORE IT IS TO LATE! REBECCA Shout your disgust NICK ALSTON do not accept the cuts Ray Howard stuff the party whip disagree with the cuts If we all must pay more 'so be it'. We must act before it is to late!!![/p][/quote]You either dont live on Canvey Island or you dont mind paying extra tax for the town council, who only do what we can do on here, moan, grown, criticise and make promises that cant or wont kept. I agree with you, you get what you pay for, I along with a lot of Islanders would rather pay our Town council tax to the police budget, but 3,000 of over 40,000 residents were conned into believing that the INDIES could do what they promised, so we all now payer the price for WHAT!!! upset

2:00pm Fri 23 Nov 12

iknowbetter says...

UPSET says::: but 3,000 of over 40,000 residents were conned into believing that the INDIES could do what they promised, so we all now payer the price for WHAT!!!
***
The FACT is a whole lot less of the 40.000 residents think the Tories could do a better job!!! Or do you agree that to reduce policing and closing police stations is the way forward? Because the Tories DO!!
UPSET says::: but 3,000 of over 40,000 residents were conned into believing that the INDIES could do what they promised, so we all now payer the price for WHAT!!! *** The FACT is a whole lot less of the 40.000 residents think the Tories could do a better job!!! Or do you agree that to reduce policing and closing police stations is the way forward? Because the Tories DO!! iknowbetter

4:58pm Fri 23 Nov 12

upset says...

iknowbetter wrote:
UPSET says::: but 3,000 of over 40,000 residents were conned into believing that the INDIES could do what they promised, so we all now payer the price for WHAT!!!
***
The FACT is a whole lot less of the 40.000 residents think the Tories could do a better job!!! Or do you agree that to reduce policing and closing police stations is the way forward? Because the Tories DO!!
Yes, but the Tory's are trying to sort out the gigantic financial black whole that was left by war munger Tony Blair and his incompetent partners in crime within the Labour party. Which the CIIP leader was deputy leader of the then CPBC, until they would not let him stand for election as the Labour party MP when he threw his toys out of the pram and set up the Independent party.
[quote][p][bold]iknowbetter[/bold] wrote: UPSET says::: but 3,000 of over 40,000 residents were conned into believing that the INDIES could do what they promised, so we all now payer the price for WHAT!!! *** The FACT is a whole lot less of the 40.000 residents think the Tories could do a better job!!! Or do you agree that to reduce policing and closing police stations is the way forward? Because the Tories DO!![/p][/quote]Yes, but the Tory's are trying to sort out the gigantic financial black whole that was left by war munger Tony Blair and his incompetent partners in crime within the Labour party. Which the CIIP leader was deputy leader of the then CPBC, until they would not let him stand for election as the Labour party MP when he threw his toys out of the pram and set up the Independent party. upset

6:41pm Fri 23 Nov 12

Brunning999 says...

You people do not get it!

Stop the Politics who bloody cares who says what ?

The only thing that matters is we all unite on the war against crime failure to do so helped by pathetic arguments about bloody politics is not helping.

1. Stop police budget cuts
2. Bring the Criminal Justice System in line with the views of the public.

What the Labour Party done is now history what the Tory's are doing ain't working.

Sort it out before its to late.
You people do not get it! Stop the Politics who bloody cares who says what ? The only thing that matters is we all unite on the war against crime failure to do so helped by pathetic arguments about bloody politics is not helping. 1. Stop police budget cuts 2. Bring the Criminal Justice System in line with the views of the public. What the Labour Party done is now history what the Tory's are doing ain't working. Sort it out before its to late. Brunning999

9:54am Mon 26 Nov 12

iknowbetter says...

upset wrote:
iknowbetter wrote:
UPSET says::: but 3,000 of over 40,000 residents were conned into believing that the INDIES could do what they promised, so we all now payer the price for WHAT!!!
***
The FACT is a whole lot less of the 40.000 residents think the Tories could do a better job!!! Or do you agree that to reduce policing and closing police stations is the way forward? Because the Tories DO!!
Yes, but the Tory's are trying to sort out the gigantic financial black whole that was left by war munger Tony Blair and his incompetent partners in crime within the Labour party. Which the CIIP leader was deputy leader of the then CPBC, until they would not let him stand for election as the Labour party MP when he threw his toys out of the pram and set up the Independent party.
Why am im not suprised that you blame anyone and everyone except the the people that should/could do something about the increasing crime rates, those currently in power, instead of throwing blame around its about time now the Tories did something positive about it instead of reducing it..
[quote][p][bold]upset[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]iknowbetter[/bold] wrote: UPSET says::: but 3,000 of over 40,000 residents were conned into believing that the INDIES could do what they promised, so we all now payer the price for WHAT!!! *** The FACT is a whole lot less of the 40.000 residents think the Tories could do a better job!!! Or do you agree that to reduce policing and closing police stations is the way forward? Because the Tories DO!![/p][/quote]Yes, but the Tory's are trying to sort out the gigantic financial black whole that was left by war munger Tony Blair and his incompetent partners in crime within the Labour party. Which the CIIP leader was deputy leader of the then CPBC, until they would not let him stand for election as the Labour party MP when he threw his toys out of the pram and set up the Independent party.[/p][/quote]Why am im not suprised that you blame anyone and everyone except the the people that should/could do something about the increasing crime rates, those currently in power, instead of throwing blame around its about time now the Tories did something positive about it instead of reducing it.. iknowbetter

9:54am Mon 26 Nov 12

iknowbetter says...

upset wrote:
iknowbetter wrote:
UPSET says::: but 3,000 of over 40,000 residents were conned into believing that the INDIES could do what they promised, so we all now payer the price for WHAT!!!
***
The FACT is a whole lot less of the 40.000 residents think the Tories could do a better job!!! Or do you agree that to reduce policing and closing police stations is the way forward? Because the Tories DO!!
Yes, but the Tory's are trying to sort out the gigantic financial black whole that was left by war munger Tony Blair and his incompetent partners in crime within the Labour party. Which the CIIP leader was deputy leader of the then CPBC, until they would not let him stand for election as the Labour party MP when he threw his toys out of the pram and set up the Independent party.
Why am im not suprised that you blame anyone and everyone except the the people that should/could do something about the increasing crime rates, those currently in power, instead of throwing blame around its about time now the Tories did something positive about it instead of reducing it..
[quote][p][bold]upset[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]iknowbetter[/bold] wrote: UPSET says::: but 3,000 of over 40,000 residents were conned into believing that the INDIES could do what they promised, so we all now payer the price for WHAT!!! *** The FACT is a whole lot less of the 40.000 residents think the Tories could do a better job!!! Or do you agree that to reduce policing and closing police stations is the way forward? Because the Tories DO!![/p][/quote]Yes, but the Tory's are trying to sort out the gigantic financial black whole that was left by war munger Tony Blair and his incompetent partners in crime within the Labour party. Which the CIIP leader was deputy leader of the then CPBC, until they would not let him stand for election as the Labour party MP when he threw his toys out of the pram and set up the Independent party.[/p][/quote]Why am im not suprised that you blame anyone and everyone except the the people that should/could do something about the increasing crime rates, those currently in power, instead of throwing blame around its about time now the Tories did something positive about it instead of reducing it.. iknowbetter

9:55am Mon 26 Nov 12

iknowbetter says...

upset wrote:
iknowbetter wrote:
UPSET says::: but 3,000 of over 40,000 residents were conned into believing that the INDIES could do what they promised, so we all now payer the price for WHAT!!!
***
The FACT is a whole lot less of the 40.000 residents think the Tories could do a better job!!! Or do you agree that to reduce policing and closing police stations is the way forward? Because the Tories DO!!
Yes, but the Tory's are trying to sort out the gigantic financial black whole that was left by war munger Tony Blair and his incompetent partners in crime within the Labour party. Which the CIIP leader was deputy leader of the then CPBC, until they would not let him stand for election as the Labour party MP when he threw his toys out of the pram and set up the Independent party.
Why am im not suprised that you blame anyone and everyone except the the people that should/could do something about the increasing crime rates, those currently in power, instead of throwing blame around its about time now the Tories did something positive about it instead of reducing it..
[quote][p][bold]upset[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]iknowbetter[/bold] wrote: UPSET says::: but 3,000 of over 40,000 residents were conned into believing that the INDIES could do what they promised, so we all now payer the price for WHAT!!! *** The FACT is a whole lot less of the 40.000 residents think the Tories could do a better job!!! Or do you agree that to reduce policing and closing police stations is the way forward? Because the Tories DO!![/p][/quote]Yes, but the Tory's are trying to sort out the gigantic financial black whole that was left by war munger Tony Blair and his incompetent partners in crime within the Labour party. Which the CIIP leader was deputy leader of the then CPBC, until they would not let him stand for election as the Labour party MP when he threw his toys out of the pram and set up the Independent party.[/p][/quote]Why am im not suprised that you blame anyone and everyone except the the people that should/could do something about the increasing crime rates, those currently in power, instead of throwing blame around its about time now the Tories did something positive about it instead of reducing it.. iknowbetter

11:46am Mon 26 Nov 12

upset says...

iknowbetter wrote:
upset wrote:
iknowbetter wrote:
UPSET says::: but 3,000 of over 40,000 residents were conned into believing that the INDIES could do what they promised, so we all now payer the price for WHAT!!!
***
The FACT is a whole lot less of the 40.000 residents think the Tories could do a better job!!! Or do you agree that to reduce policing and closing police stations is the way forward? Because the Tories DO!!
Yes, but the Tory's are trying to sort out the gigantic financial black whole that was left by war munger Tony Blair and his incompetent partners in crime within the Labour party. Which the CIIP leader was deputy leader of the then CPBC, until they would not let him stand for election as the Labour party MP when he threw his toys out of the pram and set up the Independent party.
Why am im not suprised that you blame anyone and everyone except the the people that should/could do something about the increasing crime rates, those currently in power, instead of throwing blame around its about time now the Tories did something positive about it instead of reducing it..
I heard you the first time but I still dont believe you
[quote][p][bold]iknowbetter[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]upset[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]iknowbetter[/bold] wrote: UPSET says::: but 3,000 of over 40,000 residents were conned into believing that the INDIES could do what they promised, so we all now payer the price for WHAT!!! *** The FACT is a whole lot less of the 40.000 residents think the Tories could do a better job!!! Or do you agree that to reduce policing and closing police stations is the way forward? Because the Tories DO!![/p][/quote]Yes, but the Tory's are trying to sort out the gigantic financial black whole that was left by war munger Tony Blair and his incompetent partners in crime within the Labour party. Which the CIIP leader was deputy leader of the then CPBC, until they would not let him stand for election as the Labour party MP when he threw his toys out of the pram and set up the Independent party.[/p][/quote]Why am im not suprised that you blame anyone and everyone except the the people that should/could do something about the increasing crime rates, those currently in power, instead of throwing blame around its about time now the Tories did something positive about it instead of reducing it..[/p][/quote]I heard you the first time but I still dont believe you upset

10:19am Tue 27 Nov 12

iknowbetter says...

Believe me? What is there to believe, its as clear as day. Remove those Tory rose tinted glasses you might see for yourself..
Believe me? What is there to believe, its as clear as day. Remove those Tory rose tinted glasses you might see for yourself.. iknowbetter

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree