Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting ECHONEWS to 80360, or email us »
Elderly woman suffers smoke inhalation in Rayleigh flat fire
4:56pm Saturday 26th January 2013 in Local News
AN ELDERLY woman suffered smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in her kitchen.
Firefighters from Rayleigh Weir were called to the flat in Gordon Roughley Court, Hill Top Close, Rayleigh, just before midday today.
They carried out first aid on the 80 year-old woman whilst they waited for paramedics to arrive at the scene.
Crews spent 40 minutes ventilating the flat using a high-pressured fan.
Comments are closed on this article.