Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting ECHONEWS to 80360, or email us »
Cigarette starts Westcliff fire
8:50am Friday 1st February 2013 in Local News
FIRE crews were called to a small fire started by a cigarette.
Firefighters say an older man had fallen asleep with a lit cigarette which had fallen and set light to the carpet.
By the time they arrived at the home in Britannia Road, Westcliff at 10pm on Thursday the man had doused the flames.
Firefighters wish to reiterate the message to take care with cigarettes and make sure they are properly extinguished.
Comments are closed on this article.