Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting ECHONEWS to 80360, or email us »
Blaze at Southend seafront take-away
Updated 9:09am Monday 27th January 2014 in Local News
FIREFIGHTERS tackled a blaze at the Las Vegas Grill chip shop on Southend seafront.
Crews were called at about 8.10pm last night to a fire started by a faulty tumble drier in a room above the shop.
The chip shop was affected by water and smoke damage.
The fire was first tackled by crews using a ladder until the owner of the building arrived and opened the shutters allowing firefighters inside.
An Essex Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: "Crews wearing breathing apparatus entered the shop and using one hose reel jet and one dry powder fire extinguisher had extinguished the fire by 8.36pm.
"They then used a positive pressure fan to ventilate the property."
Comments are closed on this article.