Royal visit: Full report and pictures in today's Echo - watch the video here

Echo: Royal visit: Full report and pictures in tomorrow's Echo Royal visit: Full report and pictures in tomorrow's Echo

Hundreds of people turned out to greet the future King and the Duchess of Cornwall as they toured south Essex.

The whistlestop tour of the county started at the High House Production Park in Purfleet before going to the Bell pub in Purleigh, near Maldon, then onto Westcliff’s Palace Theatre to watch a performance.

Delighted well-wishers shook the future monarch’s hand and two schoolchildren presented the pair with flowers.

To buy pictures from the Royal visit click here

You can read a run down of the day's event on our live blog here

See videos of the visits to Westcliff and Purleigh below. 

FULL REPORT AND PICTURES IN TODAY'S ECHO 

Comments (7)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:04am Thu 30 Jan 14

Jack222 says...

Seriously why would anyone bother?
Seriously why would anyone bother? Jack222
  • Score: -4

11:18am Thu 30 Jan 14

ekcoanarak says...

Jack222 wrote:
Seriously why would anyone bother?
I also fail to understand the interest in this,
[quote][p][bold]Jack222[/bold] wrote: Seriously why would anyone bother?[/p][/quote]I also fail to understand the interest in this, ekcoanarak
  • Score: -2

11:56am Thu 30 Jan 14

DogsMessInLeigh says...

ekcoanarak wrote:
Jack222 wrote:
Seriously why would anyone bother?
I also fail to understand the interest in this,
If you don't like the Queen and country then i guess its not for you and you will never get it or don't want to get it, but many do have an interest, i think he is an alright chap.
[quote][p][bold]ekcoanarak[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Jack222[/bold] wrote: Seriously why would anyone bother?[/p][/quote]I also fail to understand the interest in this,[/p][/quote]If you don't like the Queen and country then i guess its not for you and you will never get it or don't want to get it, but many do have an interest, i think he is an alright chap. DogsMessInLeigh
  • Score: 2

1:32pm Thu 30 Jan 14

Southend Andy says...

It was great for the Palace Theatre to get the Royals, i know people dont like them but you can't take anything from the Palace for having them.
It was great for the Palace Theatre to get the Royals, i know people dont like them but you can't take anything from the Palace for having them. Southend Andy
  • Score: 0

1:10pm Fri 31 Jan 14

Tom from Southend says...

DogsMessInLeigh wrote:
ekcoanarak wrote:
Jack222 wrote:
Seriously why would anyone bother?
I also fail to understand the interest in this,
If you don't like the Queen and country then i guess its not for you and you will never get it or don't want to get it, but many do have an interest, i think he is an alright chap.
Alright Chap ! WTF ... Secret lobbying, spider letters to democratically elected politician's, receiving of our hard earned money when he gets benefit of Duchy lands (tax reduced by the way). OK that's just Charles, issues also with the rest of the royal mob as well. In this world of increased inequality why do subjects still admire this dysfunctional family. Go forth and wave your pathetic flags. Up the Republic.
[quote][p][bold]DogsMessInLeigh[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ekcoanarak[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Jack222[/bold] wrote: Seriously why would anyone bother?[/p][/quote]I also fail to understand the interest in this,[/p][/quote]If you don't like the Queen and country then i guess its not for you and you will never get it or don't want to get it, but many do have an interest, i think he is an alright chap.[/p][/quote]Alright Chap ! WTF ... Secret lobbying, spider letters to democratically elected politician's, receiving of our hard earned money when he gets benefit of Duchy lands (tax reduced by the way). OK that's just Charles, issues also with the rest of the royal mob as well. In this world of increased inequality why do subjects still admire this dysfunctional family. Go forth and wave your pathetic flags. Up the Republic. Tom from Southend
  • Score: 1

2:44pm Fri 31 Jan 14

Tom from Southend says...

For all you flag waving subjects please try to give this time http://t.co/3FSUr9AC
xA
For all you flag waving subjects please try to give this time http://t.co/3FSUr9AC xA Tom from Southend
  • Score: 1

3:01pm Fri 31 Jan 14

Tom from Southend says...

Sorry above link didn't work - try this http://www.theguardi
an.com/commentisfree
/2014/jan/29/royals-
want-new-boiler-we-p
ay-for-it?CMP=twt_gu
Sorry above link didn't work - try this http://www.theguardi an.com/commentisfree /2014/jan/29/royals- want-new-boiler-we-p ay-for-it?CMP=twt_gu Tom from Southend
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree