Certificate row nearly made me homeless

Sarah Edmonds with her birth certificate and son Jake

Sarah Edmonds with her birth certificate and son Jake

First published in Local News by

A ROW over a birth certificate saw a woman and her young son threatened with being kicked out of temporary accommodation because she couldn’t prove her nationality.

Sarah Edmonds, 23, was born in Basildon, but faced being kicked out of her room in Rylands Hostel, Wickford, because she couldn’t prove it.

She has been on Basildon Council’s housing register for three years and couldn’t understand what she and son Jake, aged four, had done wrong.

Basildon Council has now agreed to review the case after Miss Edmonds was able to present her full birth certificate.

Miss Edmonds said: “It makes me feel really angry and unhappy. We have had to get rid of most of our stuff to move into the hostel and Jake was crying every night at first saying he wanted to go home.

“Then I got a letter saying I shouldn’t be here. We have already been on the homeless register once before, so they have my details. They also have my National Insurance number. If I wasn’t from this country, I don’t think I would have one of those.

“I handed in my birth certificate three times since November and they never asked for a full birth certificate because I would have brought it in. It’s not like I don’t pay my bills. My rent is never late, but it’s getting out of hand.”

Miss Edmonds said she went to the council with her full birth certificate on the day she got the letter, on April 8, which told her to leave by May 5.

A Basildon Council spokesman said: “Miss Edmonds was issued with a not eligible decision because she failed to provide a copy of her full birth certificate on numerous occasions. A copy of her full birth certificate was received after the date of the decision.

“The decision has been overturned and the case returned to the homelessness officer to investigate.”

Comments (38)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

2:08pm Wed 23 Apr 14

black jack ketchum says...

Its not like the councils & government don't already know your inside leg measurement, complete numpties the lot of them
Its not like the councils & government don't already know your inside leg measurement, complete numpties the lot of them black jack ketchum
  • Score: 11

3:04pm Wed 23 Apr 14

DogsMessInLeigh says...

They also have my National Insurance number. If I wasn’t from this country, I don’t think I would have one of those.
--------------------
----


anyone can apply for a NI number...all the imports need one to claim big money benefits,, put new arrivals in the Hostels and let homeless UK citizens have the houses, priority's, it makes sense.
anyone watch Ch5 about G****** on benefits and Proud, it will make you sick.
They also have my National Insurance number. If I wasn’t from this country, I don’t think I would have one of those. -------------------- ---- anyone can apply for a NI number...all the imports need one to claim big money benefits,, put new arrivals in the Hostels and let homeless UK citizens have the houses, priority's, it makes sense. anyone watch Ch5 about G****** on benefits and Proud, it will make you sick. DogsMessInLeigh
  • Score: 27

4:56pm Wed 23 Apr 14

Jack222 says...

'big money benefits' - as if. There aren't any for anyone.

Housing priority is done by local need - being local normally puts you high up the list. Even being from out of county puts you at the bottom. There is NO truth to the idea that those from overseas get any priority. In fact they start at the bottom of the pile.

. And we need the migrants to do our jobs for us as we are all too old, lazy or thick to work hard any longer...

Many studies show that Migrants put far more into the community than they take out - and they put far more into taxation and take out far less than the locally born... And their kids do better at school because actually migrants are prepared to work hard and do the dirty jobs so their children will have great life ... which is more than many local parents can be bothered to do.

Worth remembering more British people live overseas than there are migrants in this country ...
'big money benefits' - as if. There aren't any for anyone. Housing priority is done by local need - being local normally puts you high up the list. Even being from out of county puts you at the bottom. There is NO truth to the idea that those from overseas get any priority. In fact they start at the bottom of the pile. . And we need the migrants to do our jobs for us as we are all too old, lazy or thick to work hard any longer... Many studies show that Migrants put far more into the community than they take out - and they put far more into taxation and take out far less than the locally born... And their kids do better at school because actually migrants are prepared to work hard and do the dirty jobs so their children will have great life ... which is more than many local parents can be bothered to do. Worth remembering more British people live overseas than there are migrants in this country ... Jack222
  • Score: -8

5:01pm Wed 23 Apr 14

profondo asbo says...

Jack222 wrote:
'big money benefits' - as if. There aren't any for anyone.

Housing priority is done by local need - being local normally puts you high up the list. Even being from out of county puts you at the bottom. There is NO truth to the idea that those from overseas get any priority. In fact they start at the bottom of the pile.

. And we need the migrants to do our jobs for us as we are all too old, lazy or thick to work hard any longer...

Many studies show that Migrants put far more into the community than they take out - and they put far more into taxation and take out far less than the locally born... And their kids do better at school because actually migrants are prepared to work hard and do the dirty jobs so their children will have great life ... which is more than many local parents can be bothered to do.

Worth remembering more British people live overseas than there are migrants in this country ...
utter nonsense. where is the evidence?
[quote][p][bold]Jack222[/bold] wrote: 'big money benefits' - as if. There aren't any for anyone. Housing priority is done by local need - being local normally puts you high up the list. Even being from out of county puts you at the bottom. There is NO truth to the idea that those from overseas get any priority. In fact they start at the bottom of the pile. . And we need the migrants to do our jobs for us as we are all too old, lazy or thick to work hard any longer... Many studies show that Migrants put far more into the community than they take out - and they put far more into taxation and take out far less than the locally born... And their kids do better at school because actually migrants are prepared to work hard and do the dirty jobs so their children will have great life ... which is more than many local parents can be bothered to do. Worth remembering more British people live overseas than there are migrants in this country ...[/p][/quote]utter nonsense. where is the evidence? profondo asbo
  • Score: 8

6:07pm Wed 23 Apr 14

Rayleigh mum says...

more to this story than she is telling, me thinks
more to this story than she is telling, me thinks Rayleigh mum
  • Score: 10

7:13pm Wed 23 Apr 14

sesibollox says...

profondo asbo wrote:
Jack222 wrote:
'big money benefits' - as if. There aren't any for anyone.

Housing priority is done by local need - being local normally puts you high up the list. Even being from out of county puts you at the bottom. There is NO truth to the idea that those from overseas get any priority. In fact they start at the bottom of the pile.

. And we need the migrants to do our jobs for us as we are all too old, lazy or thick to work hard any longer...

Many studies show that Migrants put far more into the community than they take out - and they put far more into taxation and take out far less than the locally born... And their kids do better at school because actually migrants are prepared to work hard and do the dirty jobs so their children will have great life ... which is more than many local parents can be bothered to do.

Worth remembering more British people live overseas than there are migrants in this country ...
utter nonsense. where is the evidence?
Capital to start a sentence, dear boy.
[quote][p][bold]profondo asbo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Jack222[/bold] wrote: 'big money benefits' - as if. There aren't any for anyone. Housing priority is done by local need - being local normally puts you high up the list. Even being from out of county puts you at the bottom. There is NO truth to the idea that those from overseas get any priority. In fact they start at the bottom of the pile. . And we need the migrants to do our jobs for us as we are all too old, lazy or thick to work hard any longer... Many studies show that Migrants put far more into the community than they take out - and they put far more into taxation and take out far less than the locally born... And their kids do better at school because actually migrants are prepared to work hard and do the dirty jobs so their children will have great life ... which is more than many local parents can be bothered to do. Worth remembering more British people live overseas than there are migrants in this country ...[/p][/quote]utter nonsense. where is the evidence?[/p][/quote]Capital to start a sentence, dear boy. sesibollox
  • Score: 6

8:30pm Wed 23 Apr 14

ThisYear says...

sesibollox wrote:
profondo asbo wrote:
Jack222 wrote:
'big money benefits' - as if. There aren't any for anyone.

Housing priority is done by local need - being local normally puts you high up the list. Even being from out of county puts you at the bottom. There is NO truth to the idea that those from overseas get any priority. In fact they start at the bottom of the pile.

. And we need the migrants to do our jobs for us as we are all too old, lazy or thick to work hard any longer...

Many studies show that Migrants put far more into the community than they take out - and they put far more into taxation and take out far less than the locally born... And their kids do better at school because actually migrants are prepared to work hard and do the dirty jobs so their children will have great life ... which is more than many local parents can be bothered to do.

Worth remembering more British people live overseas than there are migrants in this country ...
utter nonsense. where is the evidence?
Capital to start a sentence, dear boy.
Lol.
[quote][p][bold]sesibollox[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]profondo asbo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Jack222[/bold] wrote: 'big money benefits' - as if. There aren't any for anyone. Housing priority is done by local need - being local normally puts you high up the list. Even being from out of county puts you at the bottom. There is NO truth to the idea that those from overseas get any priority. In fact they start at the bottom of the pile. . And we need the migrants to do our jobs for us as we are all too old, lazy or thick to work hard any longer... Many studies show that Migrants put far more into the community than they take out - and they put far more into taxation and take out far less than the locally born... And their kids do better at school because actually migrants are prepared to work hard and do the dirty jobs so their children will have great life ... which is more than many local parents can be bothered to do. Worth remembering more British people live overseas than there are migrants in this country ...[/p][/quote]utter nonsense. where is the evidence?[/p][/quote]Capital to start a sentence, dear boy.[/p][/quote]Lol. ThisYear
  • Score: -2

8:31pm Wed 23 Apr 14

ThisYear says...

Of course a BC isn't proof of identity
Of course a BC isn't proof of identity ThisYear
  • Score: -3

8:33pm Wed 23 Apr 14

DogsMessInLeigh says...

Rayleigh mum wrote:
more to this story than she is telling, me thinks
so what do you know then..?
[quote][p][bold]Rayleigh mum[/bold] wrote: more to this story than she is telling, me thinks[/p][/quote]so what do you know then..? DogsMessInLeigh
  • Score: 0

8:35pm Wed 23 Apr 14

Royr says...

profondo asbo wrote:
Jack222 wrote:
'big money benefits' - as if. There aren't any for anyone.

Housing priority is done by local need - being local normally puts you high up the list. Even being from out of county puts you at the bottom. There is NO truth to the idea that those from overseas get any priority. In fact they start at the bottom of the pile.

. And we need the migrants to do our jobs for us as we are all too old, lazy or thick to work hard any longer...

Many studies show that Migrants put far more into the community than they take out - and they put far more into taxation and take out far less than the locally born... And their kids do better at school because actually migrants are prepared to work hard and do the dirty jobs so their children will have great life ... which is more than many local parents can be bothered to do.

Worth remembering more British people live overseas than there are migrants in this country ...
utter nonsense. where is the evidence?
And the evidence against?
[quote][p][bold]profondo asbo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Jack222[/bold] wrote: 'big money benefits' - as if. There aren't any for anyone. Housing priority is done by local need - being local normally puts you high up the list. Even being from out of county puts you at the bottom. There is NO truth to the idea that those from overseas get any priority. In fact they start at the bottom of the pile. . And we need the migrants to do our jobs for us as we are all too old, lazy or thick to work hard any longer... Many studies show that Migrants put far more into the community than they take out - and they put far more into taxation and take out far less than the locally born... And their kids do better at school because actually migrants are prepared to work hard and do the dirty jobs so their children will have great life ... which is more than many local parents can be bothered to do. Worth remembering more British people live overseas than there are migrants in this country ...[/p][/quote]utter nonsense. where is the evidence?[/p][/quote]And the evidence against? Royr
  • Score: -6

8:42pm Wed 23 Apr 14

Royr says...

ThisYear wrote:
Of course a BC isn't proof of identity
Very good point.
I few years I ago I worked for an agency and showed my passport as proof of UK identity.
When my passport ran out (and I didn't renew it), they asked for a copy of my birth certificate (no photo required!)
[quote][p][bold]ThisYear[/bold] wrote: Of course a BC isn't proof of identity[/p][/quote]Very good point. I few years I ago I worked for an agency and showed my passport as proof of UK identity. When my passport ran out (and I didn't renew it), they asked for a copy of my birth certificate (no photo required!) Royr
  • Score: -2

9:00pm Wed 23 Apr 14

profondo asbo says...

Royr wrote:
profondo asbo wrote:
Jack222 wrote:
'big money benefits' - as if. There aren't any for anyone.

Housing priority is done by local need - being local normally puts you high up the list. Even being from out of county puts you at the bottom. There is NO truth to the idea that those from overseas get any priority. In fact they start at the bottom of the pile.

. And we need the migrants to do our jobs for us as we are all too old, lazy or thick to work hard any longer...

Many studies show that Migrants put far more into the community than they take out - and they put far more into taxation and take out far less than the locally born... And their kids do better at school because actually migrants are prepared to work hard and do the dirty jobs so their children will have great life ... which is more than many local parents can be bothered to do.

Worth remembering more British people live overseas than there are migrants in this country ...
utter nonsense. where is the evidence?
And the evidence against?
if you choose to spout nonsense at least try to back it up.
[quote][p][bold]Royr[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]profondo asbo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Jack222[/bold] wrote: 'big money benefits' - as if. There aren't any for anyone. Housing priority is done by local need - being local normally puts you high up the list. Even being from out of county puts you at the bottom. There is NO truth to the idea that those from overseas get any priority. In fact they start at the bottom of the pile. . And we need the migrants to do our jobs for us as we are all too old, lazy or thick to work hard any longer... Many studies show that Migrants put far more into the community than they take out - and they put far more into taxation and take out far less than the locally born... And their kids do better at school because actually migrants are prepared to work hard and do the dirty jobs so their children will have great life ... which is more than many local parents can be bothered to do. Worth remembering more British people live overseas than there are migrants in this country ...[/p][/quote]utter nonsense. where is the evidence?[/p][/quote]And the evidence against?[/p][/quote]if you choose to spout nonsense at least try to back it up. profondo asbo
  • Score: 0

9:11pm Wed 23 Apr 14

profondo asbo says...

Royr wrote:
ThisYear wrote:
Of course a BC isn't proof of identity
Very good point.
I few years I ago I worked for an agency and showed my passport as proof of UK identity.
When my passport ran out (and I didn't renew it), they asked for a copy of my birth certificate (no photo required!)
what is your ethnicity?
[quote][p][bold]Royr[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ThisYear[/bold] wrote: Of course a BC isn't proof of identity[/p][/quote]Very good point. I few years I ago I worked for an agency and showed my passport as proof of UK identity. When my passport ran out (and I didn't renew it), they asked for a copy of my birth certificate (no photo required!)[/p][/quote]what is your ethnicity? profondo asbo
  • Score: 6

9:29pm Wed 23 Apr 14

Jack222 says...

When my passport ran out (and I didn't renew it), they asked for a copy of my birth certificate (no photo required!)

You have to go through other legal hoops to get a full birth certificate... You then have to prove that certificate links to you by other proof of identity - driving licences, fuel bills in your name etc.
When my passport ran out (and I didn't renew it), they asked for a copy of my birth certificate (no photo required!) You have to go through other legal hoops to get a full birth certificate... You then have to prove that certificate links to you by other proof of identity - driving licences, fuel bills in your name etc. Jack222
  • Score: 1

10:17pm Wed 23 Apr 14

ThisYear says...

DogsMessInLeigh wrote:
Rayleigh mum wrote:
more to this story than she is telling, me thinks
so what do you know then..?
'asbo' capitalitis is catching..run for the hills and the english textbooks everybody!
[quote][p][bold]DogsMessInLeigh[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Rayleigh mum[/bold] wrote: more to this story than she is telling, me thinks[/p][/quote]so what do you know then..?[/p][/quote]'asbo' capitalitis is catching..run for the hills and the english textbooks everybody! ThisYear
  • Score: 8

10:18pm Wed 23 Apr 14

Royr says...

profondo asbo wrote:
Royr wrote:
ThisYear wrote:
Of course a BC isn't proof of identity
Very good point.
I few years I ago I worked for an agency and showed my passport as proof of UK identity.
When my passport ran out (and I didn't renew it), they asked for a copy of my birth certificate (no photo required!)
what is your ethnicity?
Your question is both totally irrelevant - since this is not indicated on passports or birth certificates - and also insulting to your own intelligence.
[quote][p][bold]profondo asbo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Royr[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ThisYear[/bold] wrote: Of course a BC isn't proof of identity[/p][/quote]Very good point. I few years I ago I worked for an agency and showed my passport as proof of UK identity. When my passport ran out (and I didn't renew it), they asked for a copy of my birth certificate (no photo required!)[/p][/quote]what is your ethnicity?[/p][/quote]Your question is both totally irrelevant - since this is not indicated on passports or birth certificates - and also insulting to your own intelligence. Royr
  • Score: -3

10:25pm Wed 23 Apr 14

profondo asbo says...

Royr wrote:
profondo asbo wrote:
Royr wrote:
ThisYear wrote:
Of course a BC isn't proof of identity
Very good point.
I few years I ago I worked for an agency and showed my passport as proof of UK identity.
When my passport ran out (and I didn't renew it), they asked for a copy of my birth certificate (no photo required!)
what is your ethnicity?
Your question is both totally irrelevant - since this is not indicated on passports or birth certificates - and also insulting to your own intelligence.
you have given us a personal anecdote. so now i am trying to understand your personal situation. is there some reason you are reluctant to disclose this information? if you made a complaint to the police or reported a crime would your ethnicity be any less relevant?
[quote][p][bold]Royr[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]profondo asbo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Royr[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ThisYear[/bold] wrote: Of course a BC isn't proof of identity[/p][/quote]Very good point. I few years I ago I worked for an agency and showed my passport as proof of UK identity. When my passport ran out (and I didn't renew it), they asked for a copy of my birth certificate (no photo required!)[/p][/quote]what is your ethnicity?[/p][/quote]Your question is both totally irrelevant - since this is not indicated on passports or birth certificates - and also insulting to your own intelligence.[/p][/quote]you have given us a personal anecdote. so now i am trying to understand your personal situation. is there some reason you are reluctant to disclose this information? if you made a complaint to the police or reported a crime would your ethnicity be any less relevant? profondo asbo
  • Score: 6

10:27pm Wed 23 Apr 14

ThisYear says...

profondo asbo wrote:
Royr wrote:
ThisYear wrote:
Of course a BC isn't proof of identity
Very good point.
I few years I ago I worked for an agency and showed my passport as proof of UK identity.
When my passport ran out (and I didn't renew it), they asked for a copy of my birth certificate (no photo required!)
what is your ethnicity?
Does it matter? We are all subject to Ethnogenesis anyway.
[quote][p][bold]profondo asbo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Royr[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ThisYear[/bold] wrote: Of course a BC isn't proof of identity[/p][/quote]Very good point. I few years I ago I worked for an agency and showed my passport as proof of UK identity. When my passport ran out (and I didn't renew it), they asked for a copy of my birth certificate (no photo required!)[/p][/quote]what is your ethnicity?[/p][/quote]Does it matter? We are all subject to Ethnogenesis anyway. ThisYear
  • Score: 11

10:27pm Wed 23 Apr 14

profondo asbo says...

more relevant
more relevant profondo asbo
  • Score: 4

10:29pm Wed 23 Apr 14

ThisYear says...

profondo asbo wrote:
Royr wrote:
profondo asbo wrote:
Royr wrote:
ThisYear wrote:
Of course a BC isn't proof of identity
Very good point.
I few years I ago I worked for an agency and showed my passport as proof of UK identity.
When my passport ran out (and I didn't renew it), they asked for a copy of my birth certificate (no photo required!)
what is your ethnicity?
Your question is both totally irrelevant - since this is not indicated on passports or birth certificates - and also insulting to your own intelligence.
you have given us a personal anecdote. so now i am trying to understand your personal situation. is there some reason you are reluctant to disclose this information? if you made a complaint to the police or reported a crime would your ethnicity be any less relevant?
You feel a person giving a personal anecdote should declare their ethnicity when doing so?

Why?
[quote][p][bold]profondo asbo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Royr[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]profondo asbo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Royr[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ThisYear[/bold] wrote: Of course a BC isn't proof of identity[/p][/quote]Very good point. I few years I ago I worked for an agency and showed my passport as proof of UK identity. When my passport ran out (and I didn't renew it), they asked for a copy of my birth certificate (no photo required!)[/p][/quote]what is your ethnicity?[/p][/quote]Your question is both totally irrelevant - since this is not indicated on passports or birth certificates - and also insulting to your own intelligence.[/p][/quote]you have given us a personal anecdote. so now i am trying to understand your personal situation. is there some reason you are reluctant to disclose this information? if you made a complaint to the police or reported a crime would your ethnicity be any less relevant?[/p][/quote]You feel a person giving a personal anecdote should declare their ethnicity when doing so? Why? ThisYear
  • Score: -3

10:35pm Wed 23 Apr 14

profondo asbo says...

ThisYear wrote:
profondo asbo wrote:
Royr wrote:
profondo asbo wrote:
Royr wrote:
ThisYear wrote:
Of course a BC isn't proof of identity
Very good point.
I few years I ago I worked for an agency and showed my passport as proof of UK identity.
When my passport ran out (and I didn't renew it), they asked for a copy of my birth certificate (no photo required!)
what is your ethnicity?
Your question is both totally irrelevant - since this is not indicated on passports or birth certificates - and also insulting to your own intelligence.
you have given us a personal anecdote. so now i am trying to understand your personal situation. is there some reason you are reluctant to disclose this information? if you made a complaint to the police or reported a crime would your ethnicity be any less relevant?
You feel a person giving a personal anecdote should declare their ethnicity when doing so?

Why?
is it any more relevant when making a complaint to the police or in fact filling out practically any form?
[quote][p][bold]ThisYear[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]profondo asbo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Royr[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]profondo asbo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Royr[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ThisYear[/bold] wrote: Of course a BC isn't proof of identity[/p][/quote]Very good point. I few years I ago I worked for an agency and showed my passport as proof of UK identity. When my passport ran out (and I didn't renew it), they asked for a copy of my birth certificate (no photo required!)[/p][/quote]what is your ethnicity?[/p][/quote]Your question is both totally irrelevant - since this is not indicated on passports or birth certificates - and also insulting to your own intelligence.[/p][/quote]you have given us a personal anecdote. so now i am trying to understand your personal situation. is there some reason you are reluctant to disclose this information? if you made a complaint to the police or reported a crime would your ethnicity be any less relevant?[/p][/quote]You feel a person giving a personal anecdote should declare their ethnicity when doing so? Why?[/p][/quote]is it any more relevant when making a complaint to the police or in fact filling out practically any form? profondo asbo
  • Score: 5

10:47pm Wed 23 Apr 14

Royr says...

profondo asbo wrote:
Royr wrote:
profondo asbo wrote:
Royr wrote:
ThisYear wrote:
Of course a BC isn't proof of identity
Very good point.
I few years I ago I worked for an agency and showed my passport as proof of UK identity.
When my passport ran out (and I didn't renew it), they asked for a copy of my birth certificate (no photo required!)
what is your ethnicity?
Your question is both totally irrelevant - since this is not indicated on passports or birth certificates - and also insulting to your own intelligence.
you have given us a personal anecdote. so now i am trying to understand your personal situation. is there some reason you are reluctant to disclose this information? if you made a complaint to the police or reported a crime would your ethnicity be any less relevant?
My personal situation has no bearing on my personal anecdote.
I have both reported crimes, and been suspected by the police, and have NEVER been asked my ethnicity.
I am proud of my heritage, but see no reason to disclose it to any Tom Dick or ASBO
Please try to explain the point you are trying to make?
[quote][p][bold]profondo asbo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Royr[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]profondo asbo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Royr[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ThisYear[/bold] wrote: Of course a BC isn't proof of identity[/p][/quote]Very good point. I few years I ago I worked for an agency and showed my passport as proof of UK identity. When my passport ran out (and I didn't renew it), they asked for a copy of my birth certificate (no photo required!)[/p][/quote]what is your ethnicity?[/p][/quote]Your question is both totally irrelevant - since this is not indicated on passports or birth certificates - and also insulting to your own intelligence.[/p][/quote]you have given us a personal anecdote. so now i am trying to understand your personal situation. is there some reason you are reluctant to disclose this information? if you made a complaint to the police or reported a crime would your ethnicity be any less relevant?[/p][/quote]My personal situation has no bearing on my personal anecdote. I have both reported crimes, and been suspected by the police, and have NEVER been asked my ethnicity. I am proud of my heritage, but see no reason to disclose it to any Tom Dick or ASBO Please try to explain the point you are trying to make? Royr
  • Score: -1

10:50pm Wed 23 Apr 14

profondo asbo says...

Royr wrote:
profondo asbo wrote:
Royr wrote:
ThisYear wrote:
Of course a BC isn't proof of identity
Very good point.
I few years I ago I worked for an agency and showed my passport as proof of UK identity.
When my passport ran out (and I didn't renew it), they asked for a copy of my birth certificate (no photo required!)
what is your ethnicity?
Your question is both totally irrelevant - since this is not indicated on passports or birth certificates - and also insulting to your own intelligence.
the question is not irrelevant in any way. you had a uk passport but let it expire without renewal. why would you let that situation arise? a simple renewal application with enclosure of your old passport is all that is required. not rocket science. an employer is duty bound to check whether any potential employee is eligible to work in this country. in a multi-ethnic society is it so unreasonable to ask the question when the penalties are so severe?
[quote][p][bold]Royr[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]profondo asbo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Royr[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ThisYear[/bold] wrote: Of course a BC isn't proof of identity[/p][/quote]Very good point. I few years I ago I worked for an agency and showed my passport as proof of UK identity. When my passport ran out (and I didn't renew it), they asked for a copy of my birth certificate (no photo required!)[/p][/quote]what is your ethnicity?[/p][/quote]Your question is both totally irrelevant - since this is not indicated on passports or birth certificates - and also insulting to your own intelligence.[/p][/quote]the question is not irrelevant in any way. you had a uk passport but let it expire without renewal. why would you let that situation arise? a simple renewal application with enclosure of your old passport is all that is required. not rocket science. an employer is duty bound to check whether any potential employee is eligible to work in this country. in a multi-ethnic society is it so unreasonable to ask the question when the penalties are so severe? profondo asbo
  • Score: 2

10:55pm Wed 23 Apr 14

ThisYear says...

profondo asbo wrote:
ThisYear wrote:
profondo asbo wrote:
Royr wrote:
profondo asbo wrote:
Royr wrote:
ThisYear wrote:
Of course a BC isn't proof of identity
Very good point.
I few years I ago I worked for an agency and showed my passport as proof of UK identity.
When my passport ran out (and I didn't renew it), they asked for a copy of my birth certificate (no photo required!)
what is your ethnicity?
Your question is both totally irrelevant - since this is not indicated on passports or birth certificates - and also insulting to your own intelligence.
you have given us a personal anecdote. so now i am trying to understand your personal situation. is there some reason you are reluctant to disclose this information? if you made a complaint to the police or reported a crime would your ethnicity be any less relevant?
You feel a person giving a personal anecdote should declare their ethnicity when doing so?

Why?
is it any more relevant when making a complaint to the police or in fact filling out practically any form?
The question was; "You feel a person giving a personal anecdote should declare their ethnicity when doing so? Why?"
[quote][p][bold]profondo asbo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ThisYear[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]profondo asbo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Royr[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]profondo asbo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Royr[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ThisYear[/bold] wrote: Of course a BC isn't proof of identity[/p][/quote]Very good point. I few years I ago I worked for an agency and showed my passport as proof of UK identity. When my passport ran out (and I didn't renew it), they asked for a copy of my birth certificate (no photo required!)[/p][/quote]what is your ethnicity?[/p][/quote]Your question is both totally irrelevant - since this is not indicated on passports or birth certificates - and also insulting to your own intelligence.[/p][/quote]you have given us a personal anecdote. so now i am trying to understand your personal situation. is there some reason you are reluctant to disclose this information? if you made a complaint to the police or reported a crime would your ethnicity be any less relevant?[/p][/quote]You feel a person giving a personal anecdote should declare their ethnicity when doing so? Why?[/p][/quote]is it any more relevant when making a complaint to the police or in fact filling out practically any form?[/p][/quote]The question was; "You feel a person giving a personal anecdote should declare their ethnicity when doing so? Why?" ThisYear
  • Score: 0

10:55pm Wed 23 Apr 14

profondo asbo says...

Royr wrote:
profondo asbo wrote:
Royr wrote:
profondo asbo wrote:
Royr wrote:
ThisYear wrote:
Of course a BC isn't proof of identity
Very good point.
I few years I ago I worked for an agency and showed my passport as proof of UK identity.
When my passport ran out (and I didn't renew it), they asked for a copy of my birth certificate (no photo required!)
what is your ethnicity?
Your question is both totally irrelevant - since this is not indicated on passports or birth certificates - and also insulting to your own intelligence.
you have given us a personal anecdote. so now i am trying to understand your personal situation. is there some reason you are reluctant to disclose this information? if you made a complaint to the police or reported a crime would your ethnicity be any less relevant?
My personal situation has no bearing on my personal anecdote.
I have both reported crimes, and been suspected by the police, and have NEVER been asked my ethnicity.
I am proud of my heritage, but see no reason to disclose it to any Tom Dick or ASBO
Please try to explain the point you are trying to make?
i can assure you out of "political correctness" they did not ask you the question but they ticked the appropriate box anyway. unfortunately out there in the real world it does have a bearing. in the utopia that you dream of, it doesn't, but we are nowhere near there yet if ever.
[quote][p][bold]Royr[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]profondo asbo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Royr[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]profondo asbo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Royr[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ThisYear[/bold] wrote: Of course a BC isn't proof of identity[/p][/quote]Very good point. I few years I ago I worked for an agency and showed my passport as proof of UK identity. When my passport ran out (and I didn't renew it), they asked for a copy of my birth certificate (no photo required!)[/p][/quote]what is your ethnicity?[/p][/quote]Your question is both totally irrelevant - since this is not indicated on passports or birth certificates - and also insulting to your own intelligence.[/p][/quote]you have given us a personal anecdote. so now i am trying to understand your personal situation. is there some reason you are reluctant to disclose this information? if you made a complaint to the police or reported a crime would your ethnicity be any less relevant?[/p][/quote]My personal situation has no bearing on my personal anecdote. I have both reported crimes, and been suspected by the police, and have NEVER been asked my ethnicity. I am proud of my heritage, but see no reason to disclose it to any Tom Dick or ASBO Please try to explain the point you are trying to make?[/p][/quote]i can assure you out of "political correctness" they did not ask you the question but they ticked the appropriate box anyway. unfortunately out there in the real world it does have a bearing. in the utopia that you dream of, it doesn't, but we are nowhere near there yet if ever. profondo asbo
  • Score: 4

10:59pm Wed 23 Apr 14

ThisYear says...

profondo asbo wrote:
Royr wrote:
profondo asbo wrote:
Royr wrote:
ThisYear wrote:
Of course a BC isn't proof of identity
Very good point.
I few years I ago I worked for an agency and showed my passport as proof of UK identity.
When my passport ran out (and I didn't renew it), they asked for a copy of my birth certificate (no photo required!)
what is your ethnicity?
Your question is both totally irrelevant - since this is not indicated on passports or birth certificates - and also insulting to your own intelligence.
the question is not irrelevant in any way. you had a uk passport but let it expire without renewal. why would you let that situation arise? a simple renewal application with enclosure of your old passport is all that is required. not rocket science. an employer is duty bound to check whether any potential employee is eligible to work in this country. in a multi-ethnic society is it so unreasonable to ask the question when the penalties are so severe?
So asbo, you accept this is a 'multi-ethnic society' (multi-cultural)...c
an you advise the bleaters about this being the case that their whinging is not going to change anything.
[quote][p][bold]profondo asbo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Royr[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]profondo asbo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Royr[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ThisYear[/bold] wrote: Of course a BC isn't proof of identity[/p][/quote]Very good point. I few years I ago I worked for an agency and showed my passport as proof of UK identity. When my passport ran out (and I didn't renew it), they asked for a copy of my birth certificate (no photo required!)[/p][/quote]what is your ethnicity?[/p][/quote]Your question is both totally irrelevant - since this is not indicated on passports or birth certificates - and also insulting to your own intelligence.[/p][/quote]the question is not irrelevant in any way. you had a uk passport but let it expire without renewal. why would you let that situation arise? a simple renewal application with enclosure of your old passport is all that is required. not rocket science. an employer is duty bound to check whether any potential employee is eligible to work in this country. in a multi-ethnic society is it so unreasonable to ask the question when the penalties are so severe?[/p][/quote]So asbo, you accept this is a 'multi-ethnic society' (multi-cultural)...c an you advise the bleaters about this being the case that their whinging is not going to change anything. ThisYear
  • Score: -4

11:20pm Wed 23 Apr 14

Royr says...

profondo asbo wrote:
Royr wrote:
profondo asbo wrote:
Royr wrote:
ThisYear wrote:
Of course a BC isn't proof of identity
Very good point.
I few years I ago I worked for an agency and showed my passport as proof of UK identity.
When my passport ran out (and I didn't renew it), they asked for a copy of my birth certificate (no photo required!)
what is your ethnicity?
Your question is both totally irrelevant - since this is not indicated on passports or birth certificates - and also insulting to your own intelligence.
the question is not irrelevant in any way. you had a uk passport but let it expire without renewal. why would you let that situation arise? a simple renewal application with enclosure of your old passport is all that is required. not rocket science. an employer is duty bound to check whether any potential employee is eligible to work in this country. in a multi-ethnic society is it so unreasonable to ask the question when the penalties are so severe?
In addition to the renewal application and the old passport AND £80 (which I did not have)
The fact that my passport (not visa) had expired did not mean the my eligibility to work in this country had expired
[quote][p][bold]profondo asbo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Royr[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]profondo asbo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Royr[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ThisYear[/bold] wrote: Of course a BC isn't proof of identity[/p][/quote]Very good point. I few years I ago I worked for an agency and showed my passport as proof of UK identity. When my passport ran out (and I didn't renew it), they asked for a copy of my birth certificate (no photo required!)[/p][/quote]what is your ethnicity?[/p][/quote]Your question is both totally irrelevant - since this is not indicated on passports or birth certificates - and also insulting to your own intelligence.[/p][/quote]the question is not irrelevant in any way. you had a uk passport but let it expire without renewal. why would you let that situation arise? a simple renewal application with enclosure of your old passport is all that is required. not rocket science. an employer is duty bound to check whether any potential employee is eligible to work in this country. in a multi-ethnic society is it so unreasonable to ask the question when the penalties are so severe?[/p][/quote]In addition to the renewal application and the old passport AND £80 (which I did not have) The fact that my passport (not visa) had expired did not mean the my eligibility to work in this country had expired Royr
  • Score: -3

8:51am Thu 24 Apr 14

profondo asbo says...

Royr wrote:
profondo asbo wrote:
Royr wrote:
profondo asbo wrote:
Royr wrote:
ThisYear wrote:
Of course a BC isn't proof of identity
Very good point.
I few years I ago I worked for an agency and showed my passport as proof of UK identity.
When my passport ran out (and I didn't renew it), they asked for a copy of my birth certificate (no photo required!)
what is your ethnicity?
Your question is both totally irrelevant - since this is not indicated on passports or birth certificates - and also insulting to your own intelligence.
the question is not irrelevant in any way. you had a uk passport but let it expire without renewal. why would you let that situation arise? a simple renewal application with enclosure of your old passport is all that is required. not rocket science. an employer is duty bound to check whether any potential employee is eligible to work in this country. in a multi-ethnic society is it so unreasonable to ask the question when the penalties are so severe?
In addition to the renewal application and the old passport AND £80 (which I did not have)
The fact that my passport (not visa) had expired did not mean the my eligibility to work in this country had expired
it's £72.50 or £7.25 per annum, which by my reckoning is less than 2p per day. you should prioritise this. these are the laws of the land and you have to take some personal responsibility in life. alternatively a photo driving license is sufficient. until we have a more rigid immigration policy (ie outside of the eu) it is right and proper for employers to follow the letter of the law.
[quote][p][bold]Royr[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]profondo asbo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Royr[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]profondo asbo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Royr[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ThisYear[/bold] wrote: Of course a BC isn't proof of identity[/p][/quote]Very good point. I few years I ago I worked for an agency and showed my passport as proof of UK identity. When my passport ran out (and I didn't renew it), they asked for a copy of my birth certificate (no photo required!)[/p][/quote]what is your ethnicity?[/p][/quote]Your question is both totally irrelevant - since this is not indicated on passports or birth certificates - and also insulting to your own intelligence.[/p][/quote]the question is not irrelevant in any way. you had a uk passport but let it expire without renewal. why would you let that situation arise? a simple renewal application with enclosure of your old passport is all that is required. not rocket science. an employer is duty bound to check whether any potential employee is eligible to work in this country. in a multi-ethnic society is it so unreasonable to ask the question when the penalties are so severe?[/p][/quote]In addition to the renewal application and the old passport AND £80 (which I did not have) The fact that my passport (not visa) had expired did not mean the my eligibility to work in this country had expired[/p][/quote]it's £72.50 or £7.25 per annum, which by my reckoning is less than 2p per day. you should prioritise this. these are the laws of the land and you have to take some personal responsibility in life. alternatively a photo driving license is sufficient. until we have a more rigid immigration policy (ie outside of the eu) it is right and proper for employers to follow the letter of the law. profondo asbo
  • Score: -1

8:58am Thu 24 Apr 14

Who_Flung_Dung says...

She's half decent, she can come and live with me
She's half decent, she can come and live with me Who_Flung_Dung
  • Score: 2

9:13am Thu 24 Apr 14

Royr says...

profondo asbo wrote:
Royr wrote:
profondo asbo wrote:
Royr wrote:
profondo asbo wrote:
Royr wrote:
ThisYear wrote:
Of course a BC isn't proof of identity
Very good point.
I few years I ago I worked for an agency and showed my passport as proof of UK identity.
When my passport ran out (and I didn't renew it), they asked for a copy of my birth certificate (no photo required!)
what is your ethnicity?
Your question is both totally irrelevant - since this is not indicated on passports or birth certificates - and also insulting to your own intelligence.
the question is not irrelevant in any way. you had a uk passport but let it expire without renewal. why would you let that situation arise? a simple renewal application with enclosure of your old passport is all that is required. not rocket science. an employer is duty bound to check whether any potential employee is eligible to work in this country. in a multi-ethnic society is it so unreasonable to ask the question when the penalties are so severe?
In addition to the renewal application and the old passport AND £80 (which I did not have)
The fact that my passport (not visa) had expired did not mean the my eligibility to work in this country had expired
it's £72.50 or £7.25 per annum, which by my reckoning is less than 2p per day. you should prioritise this. these are the laws of the land and you have to take some personal responsibility in life. alternatively a photo driving license is sufficient. until we have a more rigid immigration policy (ie outside of the eu) it is right and proper for employers to follow the letter of the law.
A few points:
Thank you for that small correction, BUT how I spend MY money is MY choice.
My expired passport showed that I was eligible to work in the UK
I do not have a photo driving license
And finally, please explain what my ethnicity has to do with my comment or the story
[quote][p][bold]profondo asbo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Royr[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]profondo asbo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Royr[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]profondo asbo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Royr[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ThisYear[/bold] wrote: Of course a BC isn't proof of identity[/p][/quote]Very good point. I few years I ago I worked for an agency and showed my passport as proof of UK identity. When my passport ran out (and I didn't renew it), they asked for a copy of my birth certificate (no photo required!)[/p][/quote]what is your ethnicity?[/p][/quote]Your question is both totally irrelevant - since this is not indicated on passports or birth certificates - and also insulting to your own intelligence.[/p][/quote]the question is not irrelevant in any way. you had a uk passport but let it expire without renewal. why would you let that situation arise? a simple renewal application with enclosure of your old passport is all that is required. not rocket science. an employer is duty bound to check whether any potential employee is eligible to work in this country. in a multi-ethnic society is it so unreasonable to ask the question when the penalties are so severe?[/p][/quote]In addition to the renewal application and the old passport AND £80 (which I did not have) The fact that my passport (not visa) had expired did not mean the my eligibility to work in this country had expired[/p][/quote]it's £72.50 or £7.25 per annum, which by my reckoning is less than 2p per day. you should prioritise this. these are the laws of the land and you have to take some personal responsibility in life. alternatively a photo driving license is sufficient. until we have a more rigid immigration policy (ie outside of the eu) it is right and proper for employers to follow the letter of the law.[/p][/quote]A few points: Thank you for that small correction, BUT how I spend MY money is MY choice. My expired passport showed that I was eligible to work in the UK I do not have a photo driving license And finally, please explain what my ethnicity has to do with my comment or the story Royr
  • Score: 1

9:57am Thu 24 Apr 14

profondo asbo says...

Royr wrote:
profondo asbo wrote:
Royr wrote:
profondo asbo wrote:
Royr wrote:
profondo asbo wrote:
Royr wrote:
ThisYear wrote:
Of course a BC isn't proof of identity
Very good point.
I few years I ago I worked for an agency and showed my passport as proof of UK identity.
When my passport ran out (and I didn't renew it), they asked for a copy of my birth certificate (no photo required!)
what is your ethnicity?
Your question is both totally irrelevant - since this is not indicated on passports or birth certificates - and also insulting to your own intelligence.
the question is not irrelevant in any way. you had a uk passport but let it expire without renewal. why would you let that situation arise? a simple renewal application with enclosure of your old passport is all that is required. not rocket science. an employer is duty bound to check whether any potential employee is eligible to work in this country. in a multi-ethnic society is it so unreasonable to ask the question when the penalties are so severe?
In addition to the renewal application and the old passport AND £80 (which I did not have)
The fact that my passport (not visa) had expired did not mean the my eligibility to work in this country had expired
it's £72.50 or £7.25 per annum, which by my reckoning is less than 2p per day. you should prioritise this. these are the laws of the land and you have to take some personal responsibility in life. alternatively a photo driving license is sufficient. until we have a more rigid immigration policy (ie outside of the eu) it is right and proper for employers to follow the letter of the law.
A few points:
Thank you for that small correction, BUT how I spend MY money is MY choice.
My expired passport showed that I was eligible to work in the UK
I do not have a photo driving license
And finally, please explain what my ethnicity has to do with my comment or the story
so you chose to divert your funds elsewhere. who's fault is that other than your own if you then encountered difficulty proving eligibility for work? your ID has to be current. there are rules i'm afraid. finally your ethnicity helps me to understand why your situation may have arisen. like it or not that is the world we live in and you can take nothing for granted. all the more reason to make what is, at 2 pence per day, a remarkably small investment in your ability to seek regular employment
[quote][p][bold]Royr[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]profondo asbo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Royr[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]profondo asbo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Royr[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]profondo asbo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Royr[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ThisYear[/bold] wrote: Of course a BC isn't proof of identity[/p][/quote]Very good point. I few years I ago I worked for an agency and showed my passport as proof of UK identity. When my passport ran out (and I didn't renew it), they asked for a copy of my birth certificate (no photo required!)[/p][/quote]what is your ethnicity?[/p][/quote]Your question is both totally irrelevant - since this is not indicated on passports or birth certificates - and also insulting to your own intelligence.[/p][/quote]the question is not irrelevant in any way. you had a uk passport but let it expire without renewal. why would you let that situation arise? a simple renewal application with enclosure of your old passport is all that is required. not rocket science. an employer is duty bound to check whether any potential employee is eligible to work in this country. in a multi-ethnic society is it so unreasonable to ask the question when the penalties are so severe?[/p][/quote]In addition to the renewal application and the old passport AND £80 (which I did not have) The fact that my passport (not visa) had expired did not mean the my eligibility to work in this country had expired[/p][/quote]it's £72.50 or £7.25 per annum, which by my reckoning is less than 2p per day. you should prioritise this. these are the laws of the land and you have to take some personal responsibility in life. alternatively a photo driving license is sufficient. until we have a more rigid immigration policy (ie outside of the eu) it is right and proper for employers to follow the letter of the law.[/p][/quote]A few points: Thank you for that small correction, BUT how I spend MY money is MY choice. My expired passport showed that I was eligible to work in the UK I do not have a photo driving license And finally, please explain what my ethnicity has to do with my comment or the story[/p][/quote]so you chose to divert your funds elsewhere. who's fault is that other than your own if you then encountered difficulty proving eligibility for work? your ID has to be current. there are rules i'm afraid. finally your ethnicity helps me to understand why your situation may have arisen. like it or not that is the world we live in and you can take nothing for granted. all the more reason to make what is, at 2 pence per day, a remarkably small investment in your ability to seek regular employment profondo asbo
  • Score: 0

12:43pm Thu 24 Apr 14

Kim Gandy says...

Jack222 wrote:
'big money benefits' - as if. There aren't any for anyone.

Housing priority is done by local need - being local normally puts you high up the list. Even being from out of county puts you at the bottom. There is NO truth to the idea that those from overseas get any priority. In fact they start at the bottom of the pile.

. And we need the migrants to do our jobs for us as we are all too old, lazy or thick to work hard any longer...

Many studies show that Migrants put far more into the community than they take out - and they put far more into taxation and take out far less than the locally born... And their kids do better at school because actually migrants are prepared to work hard and do the dirty jobs so their children will have great life ... which is more than many local parents can be bothered to do.

Worth remembering more British people live overseas than there are migrants in this country ...
More self hating bile from you.

There you go again, lumping all British people into one basket.. we are ALL lazy and workshy so we need cheap foreign labour to do it for us.

Keep on writing this drivel for long enough and you obviously start believing it.

How dare you suggest an entire nation is lazy? Where are your figures from? Or is it same old same old leftie claptrap we here every day? The deliberate downgrading of our country and our own people in order to justify the leftwing dream of social engineering and mass uncontrolled immigration.

Honestly, Hitler would have been proud of you. After all, he was a MASTERCLASS of social engineering.

FACT: there are people unemployed in this country who are constantly looking for jobs but find themselves pushed to the back of the queue because greedy, exploitative employers are prepared to pay a pittance to people from Eastern Europe, who think it's a lot of money.

Maybe it is where they come from but here, around £6.50 an hour is pathetic. It barely covers the basics.

If we shut the door on mass uncontrolled immigration and gave the jobs to people here, you claim are lazy and workshy, we'd have full employment.

If they are that indolent, then it would be a wake up call wouldn't it, if all of a sudden there weren't enough cheap foreigners to go out and the social security lot forced the indigenous 'lazy' ones into work.

Fact is, more of our own people want jobs than you assume.

You do talk some twaddle. But then, around here, you have some stiff competition.
[quote][p][bold]Jack222[/bold] wrote: 'big money benefits' - as if. There aren't any for anyone. Housing priority is done by local need - being local normally puts you high up the list. Even being from out of county puts you at the bottom. There is NO truth to the idea that those from overseas get any priority. In fact they start at the bottom of the pile. . And we need the migrants to do our jobs for us as we are all too old, lazy or thick to work hard any longer... Many studies show that Migrants put far more into the community than they take out - and they put far more into taxation and take out far less than the locally born... And their kids do better at school because actually migrants are prepared to work hard and do the dirty jobs so their children will have great life ... which is more than many local parents can be bothered to do. Worth remembering more British people live overseas than there are migrants in this country ...[/p][/quote]More self hating bile from you. There you go again, lumping all British people into one basket.. we are ALL lazy and workshy so we need cheap foreign labour to do it for us. Keep on writing this drivel for long enough and you obviously start believing it. How dare you suggest an entire nation is lazy? Where are your figures from? Or is it same old same old leftie claptrap we here every day? The deliberate downgrading of our country and our own people in order to justify the leftwing dream of social engineering and mass uncontrolled immigration. Honestly, Hitler would have been proud of you. After all, he was a MASTERCLASS of social engineering. FACT: there are people unemployed in this country who are constantly looking for jobs but find themselves pushed to the back of the queue because greedy, exploitative employers are prepared to pay a pittance to people from Eastern Europe, who think it's a lot of money. Maybe it is where they come from but here, around £6.50 an hour is pathetic. It barely covers the basics. If we shut the door on mass uncontrolled immigration and gave the jobs to people here, you claim are lazy and workshy, we'd have full employment. If they are that indolent, then it would be a wake up call wouldn't it, if all of a sudden there weren't enough cheap foreigners to go out and the social security lot forced the indigenous 'lazy' ones into work. Fact is, more of our own people want jobs than you assume. You do talk some twaddle. But then, around here, you have some stiff competition. Kim Gandy
  • Score: 0

12:45pm Thu 24 Apr 14

Kim Gandy says...

Jack222 wrote:
'big money benefits' - as if. There aren't any for anyone.

Housing priority is done by local need - being local normally puts you high up the list. Even being from out of county puts you at the bottom. There is NO truth to the idea that those from overseas get any priority. In fact they start at the bottom of the pile.

. And we need the migrants to do our jobs for us as we are all too old, lazy or thick to work hard any longer...

Many studies show that Migrants put far more into the community than they take out - and they put far more into taxation and take out far less than the locally born... And their kids do better at school because actually migrants are prepared to work hard and do the dirty jobs so their children will have great life ... which is more than many local parents can be bothered to do.

Worth remembering more British people live overseas than there are migrants in this country ...
As for your last comment... proof? And even if it were so - because I understand that figure is virtually impossible to quantify - the fact still remains that we are groaning at the seams in this country, stretched to breaking point or haven't you tried to get your kids in a school, or get a hospital appointment recently?

As for this lady, absolutely unbelievable.. she has to prove her own nationality yet people just walk into this country and are handed homes, jobs, benefits etc on a plate.

You couldn't make it up.
[quote][p][bold]Jack222[/bold] wrote: 'big money benefits' - as if. There aren't any for anyone. Housing priority is done by local need - being local normally puts you high up the list. Even being from out of county puts you at the bottom. There is NO truth to the idea that those from overseas get any priority. In fact they start at the bottom of the pile. . And we need the migrants to do our jobs for us as we are all too old, lazy or thick to work hard any longer... Many studies show that Migrants put far more into the community than they take out - and they put far more into taxation and take out far less than the locally born... And their kids do better at school because actually migrants are prepared to work hard and do the dirty jobs so their children will have great life ... which is more than many local parents can be bothered to do. Worth remembering more British people live overseas than there are migrants in this country ...[/p][/quote]As for your last comment... proof? And even if it were so - because I understand that figure is virtually impossible to quantify - the fact still remains that we are groaning at the seams in this country, stretched to breaking point or haven't you tried to get your kids in a school, or get a hospital appointment recently? As for this lady, absolutely unbelievable.. she has to prove her own nationality yet people just walk into this country and are handed homes, jobs, benefits etc on a plate. You couldn't make it up. Kim Gandy
  • Score: 0

3:37pm Thu 24 Apr 14

Royr says...

profondo asbo wrote:
Royr wrote:
profondo asbo wrote:
Royr wrote:
profondo asbo wrote:
Royr wrote:
profondo asbo wrote:
Royr wrote:
ThisYear wrote:
Of course a BC isn't proof of identity
Very good point.
I few years I ago I worked for an agency and showed my passport as proof of UK identity.
When my passport ran out (and I didn't renew it), they asked for a copy of my birth certificate (no photo required!)
what is your ethnicity?
Your question is both totally irrelevant - since this is not indicated on passports or birth certificates - and also insulting to your own intelligence.
the question is not irrelevant in any way. you had a uk passport but let it expire without renewal. why would you let that situation arise? a simple renewal application with enclosure of your old passport is all that is required. not rocket science. an employer is duty bound to check whether any potential employee is eligible to work in this country. in a multi-ethnic society is it so unreasonable to ask the question when the penalties are so severe?
In addition to the renewal application and the old passport AND £80 (which I did not have)
The fact that my passport (not visa) had expired did not mean the my eligibility to work in this country had expired
it's £72.50 or £7.25 per annum, which by my reckoning is less than 2p per day. you should prioritise this. these are the laws of the land and you have to take some personal responsibility in life. alternatively a photo driving license is sufficient. until we have a more rigid immigration policy (ie outside of the eu) it is right and proper for employers to follow the letter of the law.
A few points:
Thank you for that small correction, BUT how I spend MY money is MY choice.
My expired passport showed that I was eligible to work in the UK
I do not have a photo driving license
And finally, please explain what my ethnicity has to do with my comment or the story
so you chose to divert your funds elsewhere. who's fault is that other than your own if you then encountered difficulty proving eligibility for work? your ID has to be current. there are rules i'm afraid. finally your ethnicity helps me to understand why your situation may have arisen. like it or not that is the world we live in and you can take nothing for granted. all the more reason to make what is, at 2 pence per day, a remarkably small investment in your ability to seek regular employment
My original comment pointed out the ludicrous situation where my expired passport - with photo - was considered insufficient proof of eligibility to work, whereas my birth certificate was.
Anyone can purchase for the princely sum of £29.95
You then asked my ethnicity.
Since then our "conversation" has rambled all over the place, and achieved nothing - perhaps we could continue this over a pint one day?
Anyway - my final point (and comment) - what is your ethnicity?
[quote][p][bold]profondo asbo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Royr[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]profondo asbo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Royr[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]profondo asbo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Royr[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]profondo asbo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Royr[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ThisYear[/bold] wrote: Of course a BC isn't proof of identity[/p][/quote]Very good point. I few years I ago I worked for an agency and showed my passport as proof of UK identity. When my passport ran out (and I didn't renew it), they asked for a copy of my birth certificate (no photo required!)[/p][/quote]what is your ethnicity?[/p][/quote]Your question is both totally irrelevant - since this is not indicated on passports or birth certificates - and also insulting to your own intelligence.[/p][/quote]the question is not irrelevant in any way. you had a uk passport but let it expire without renewal. why would you let that situation arise? a simple renewal application with enclosure of your old passport is all that is required. not rocket science. an employer is duty bound to check whether any potential employee is eligible to work in this country. in a multi-ethnic society is it so unreasonable to ask the question when the penalties are so severe?[/p][/quote]In addition to the renewal application and the old passport AND £80 (which I did not have) The fact that my passport (not visa) had expired did not mean the my eligibility to work in this country had expired[/p][/quote]it's £72.50 or £7.25 per annum, which by my reckoning is less than 2p per day. you should prioritise this. these are the laws of the land and you have to take some personal responsibility in life. alternatively a photo driving license is sufficient. until we have a more rigid immigration policy (ie outside of the eu) it is right and proper for employers to follow the letter of the law.[/p][/quote]A few points: Thank you for that small correction, BUT how I spend MY money is MY choice. My expired passport showed that I was eligible to work in the UK I do not have a photo driving license And finally, please explain what my ethnicity has to do with my comment or the story[/p][/quote]so you chose to divert your funds elsewhere. who's fault is that other than your own if you then encountered difficulty proving eligibility for work? your ID has to be current. there are rules i'm afraid. finally your ethnicity helps me to understand why your situation may have arisen. like it or not that is the world we live in and you can take nothing for granted. all the more reason to make what is, at 2 pence per day, a remarkably small investment in your ability to seek regular employment[/p][/quote]My original comment pointed out the ludicrous situation where my expired passport - with photo - was considered insufficient proof of eligibility to work, whereas my birth certificate was. Anyone can purchase for the princely sum of £29.95 You then asked my ethnicity. Since then our "conversation" has rambled all over the place, and achieved nothing - perhaps we could continue this over a pint one day? Anyway - my final point (and comment) - what is your ethnicity? Royr
  • Score: 0

4:23pm Thu 24 Apr 14

profondo asbo says...

Royr wrote:
profondo asbo wrote:
Royr wrote:
profondo asbo wrote:
Royr wrote:
profondo asbo wrote:
Royr wrote:
profondo asbo wrote:
Royr wrote:
ThisYear wrote:
Of course a BC isn't proof of identity
Very good point.
I few years I ago I worked for an agency and showed my passport as proof of UK identity.
When my passport ran out (and I didn't renew it), they asked for a copy of my birth certificate (no photo required!)
what is your ethnicity?
Your question is both totally irrelevant - since this is not indicated on passports or birth certificates - and also insulting to your own intelligence.
the question is not irrelevant in any way. you had a uk passport but let it expire without renewal. why would you let that situation arise? a simple renewal application with enclosure of your old passport is all that is required. not rocket science. an employer is duty bound to check whether any potential employee is eligible to work in this country. in a multi-ethnic society is it so unreasonable to ask the question when the penalties are so severe?
In addition to the renewal application and the old passport AND £80 (which I did not have)
The fact that my passport (not visa) had expired did not mean the my eligibility to work in this country had expired
it's £72.50 or £7.25 per annum, which by my reckoning is less than 2p per day. you should prioritise this. these are the laws of the land and you have to take some personal responsibility in life. alternatively a photo driving license is sufficient. until we have a more rigid immigration policy (ie outside of the eu) it is right and proper for employers to follow the letter of the law.
A few points:
Thank you for that small correction, BUT how I spend MY money is MY choice.
My expired passport showed that I was eligible to work in the UK
I do not have a photo driving license
And finally, please explain what my ethnicity has to do with my comment or the story
so you chose to divert your funds elsewhere. who's fault is that other than your own if you then encountered difficulty proving eligibility for work? your ID has to be current. there are rules i'm afraid. finally your ethnicity helps me to understand why your situation may have arisen. like it or not that is the world we live in and you can take nothing for granted. all the more reason to make what is, at 2 pence per day, a remarkably small investment in your ability to seek regular employment
My original comment pointed out the ludicrous situation where my expired passport - with photo - was considered insufficient proof of eligibility to work, whereas my birth certificate was.
Anyone can purchase for the princely sum of £29.95
You then asked my ethnicity.
Since then our "conversation" has rambled all over the place, and achieved nothing - perhaps we could continue this over a pint one day?
Anyway - my final point (and comment) - what is your ethnicity?
you seem like a reasonable chap and there was no malice in my question. unfortunately the rules are rigid and until our borders are secured bureaucracy is the only way. happy to continue over a beer some time.
i am white, english by descent (but you already knew the answer before you asked the question)
[quote][p][bold]Royr[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]profondo asbo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Royr[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]profondo asbo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Royr[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]profondo asbo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Royr[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]profondo asbo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Royr[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ThisYear[/bold] wrote: Of course a BC isn't proof of identity[/p][/quote]Very good point. I few years I ago I worked for an agency and showed my passport as proof of UK identity. When my passport ran out (and I didn't renew it), they asked for a copy of my birth certificate (no photo required!)[/p][/quote]what is your ethnicity?[/p][/quote]Your question is both totally irrelevant - since this is not indicated on passports or birth certificates - and also insulting to your own intelligence.[/p][/quote]the question is not irrelevant in any way. you had a uk passport but let it expire without renewal. why would you let that situation arise? a simple renewal application with enclosure of your old passport is all that is required. not rocket science. an employer is duty bound to check whether any potential employee is eligible to work in this country. in a multi-ethnic society is it so unreasonable to ask the question when the penalties are so severe?[/p][/quote]In addition to the renewal application and the old passport AND £80 (which I did not have) The fact that my passport (not visa) had expired did not mean the my eligibility to work in this country had expired[/p][/quote]it's £72.50 or £7.25 per annum, which by my reckoning is less than 2p per day. you should prioritise this. these are the laws of the land and you have to take some personal responsibility in life. alternatively a photo driving license is sufficient. until we have a more rigid immigration policy (ie outside of the eu) it is right and proper for employers to follow the letter of the law.[/p][/quote]A few points: Thank you for that small correction, BUT how I spend MY money is MY choice. My expired passport showed that I was eligible to work in the UK I do not have a photo driving license And finally, please explain what my ethnicity has to do with my comment or the story[/p][/quote]so you chose to divert your funds elsewhere. who's fault is that other than your own if you then encountered difficulty proving eligibility for work? your ID has to be current. there are rules i'm afraid. finally your ethnicity helps me to understand why your situation may have arisen. like it or not that is the world we live in and you can take nothing for granted. all the more reason to make what is, at 2 pence per day, a remarkably small investment in your ability to seek regular employment[/p][/quote]My original comment pointed out the ludicrous situation where my expired passport - with photo - was considered insufficient proof of eligibility to work, whereas my birth certificate was. Anyone can purchase for the princely sum of £29.95 You then asked my ethnicity. Since then our "conversation" has rambled all over the place, and achieved nothing - perhaps we could continue this over a pint one day? Anyway - my final point (and comment) - what is your ethnicity?[/p][/quote]you seem like a reasonable chap and there was no malice in my question. unfortunately the rules are rigid and until our borders are secured bureaucracy is the only way. happy to continue over a beer some time. i am white, english by descent (but you already knew the answer before you asked the question) profondo asbo
  • Score: 1

4:33pm Thu 24 Apr 14

Royr says...

profondo asbo wrote:
Royr wrote:
profondo asbo wrote:
Royr wrote:
profondo asbo wrote:
Royr wrote:
profondo asbo wrote:
Royr wrote:
profondo asbo wrote:
Royr wrote:
ThisYear wrote:
Of course a BC isn't proof of identity
Very good point.
I few years I ago I worked for an agency and showed my passport as proof of UK identity.
When my passport ran out (and I didn't renew it), they asked for a copy of my birth certificate (no photo required!)
what is your ethnicity?
Your question is both totally irrelevant - since this is not indicated on passports or birth certificates - and also insulting to your own intelligence.
the question is not irrelevant in any way. you had a uk passport but let it expire without renewal. why would you let that situation arise? a simple renewal application with enclosure of your old passport is all that is required. not rocket science. an employer is duty bound to check whether any potential employee is eligible to work in this country. in a multi-ethnic society is it so unreasonable to ask the question when the penalties are so severe?
In addition to the renewal application and the old passport AND £80 (which I did not have)
The fact that my passport (not visa) had expired did not mean the my eligibility to work in this country had expired
it's £72.50 or £7.25 per annum, which by my reckoning is less than 2p per day. you should prioritise this. these are the laws of the land and you have to take some personal responsibility in life. alternatively a photo driving license is sufficient. until we have a more rigid immigration policy (ie outside of the eu) it is right and proper for employers to follow the letter of the law.
A few points:
Thank you for that small correction, BUT how I spend MY money is MY choice.
My expired passport showed that I was eligible to work in the UK
I do not have a photo driving license
And finally, please explain what my ethnicity has to do with my comment or the story
so you chose to divert your funds elsewhere. who's fault is that other than your own if you then encountered difficulty proving eligibility for work? your ID has to be current. there are rules i'm afraid. finally your ethnicity helps me to understand why your situation may have arisen. like it or not that is the world we live in and you can take nothing for granted. all the more reason to make what is, at 2 pence per day, a remarkably small investment in your ability to seek regular employment
My original comment pointed out the ludicrous situation where my expired passport - with photo - was considered insufficient proof of eligibility to work, whereas my birth certificate was.
Anyone can purchase for the princely sum of £29.95
You then asked my ethnicity.
Since then our "conversation" has rambled all over the place, and achieved nothing - perhaps we could continue this over a pint one day?
Anyway - my final point (and comment) - what is your ethnicity?
you seem like a reasonable chap and there was no malice in my question. unfortunately the rules are rigid and until our borders are secured bureaucracy is the only way. happy to continue over a beer some time.
i am white, english by descent (but you already knew the answer before you asked the question)
Me too! bye
[quote][p][bold]profondo asbo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Royr[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]profondo asbo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Royr[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]profondo asbo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Royr[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]profondo asbo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Royr[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]profondo asbo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Royr[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ThisYear[/bold] wrote: Of course a BC isn't proof of identity[/p][/quote]Very good point. I few years I ago I worked for an agency and showed my passport as proof of UK identity. When my passport ran out (and I didn't renew it), they asked for a copy of my birth certificate (no photo required!)[/p][/quote]what is your ethnicity?[/p][/quote]Your question is both totally irrelevant - since this is not indicated on passports or birth certificates - and also insulting to your own intelligence.[/p][/quote]the question is not irrelevant in any way. you had a uk passport but let it expire without renewal. why would you let that situation arise? a simple renewal application with enclosure of your old passport is all that is required. not rocket science. an employer is duty bound to check whether any potential employee is eligible to work in this country. in a multi-ethnic society is it so unreasonable to ask the question when the penalties are so severe?[/p][/quote]In addition to the renewal application and the old passport AND £80 (which I did not have) The fact that my passport (not visa) had expired did not mean the my eligibility to work in this country had expired[/p][/quote]it's £72.50 or £7.25 per annum, which by my reckoning is less than 2p per day. you should prioritise this. these are the laws of the land and you have to take some personal responsibility in life. alternatively a photo driving license is sufficient. until we have a more rigid immigration policy (ie outside of the eu) it is right and proper for employers to follow the letter of the law.[/p][/quote]A few points: Thank you for that small correction, BUT how I spend MY money is MY choice. My expired passport showed that I was eligible to work in the UK I do not have a photo driving license And finally, please explain what my ethnicity has to do with my comment or the story[/p][/quote]so you chose to divert your funds elsewhere. who's fault is that other than your own if you then encountered difficulty proving eligibility for work? your ID has to be current. there are rules i'm afraid. finally your ethnicity helps me to understand why your situation may have arisen. like it or not that is the world we live in and you can take nothing for granted. all the more reason to make what is, at 2 pence per day, a remarkably small investment in your ability to seek regular employment[/p][/quote]My original comment pointed out the ludicrous situation where my expired passport - with photo - was considered insufficient proof of eligibility to work, whereas my birth certificate was. Anyone can purchase for the princely sum of £29.95 You then asked my ethnicity. Since then our "conversation" has rambled all over the place, and achieved nothing - perhaps we could continue this over a pint one day? Anyway - my final point (and comment) - what is your ethnicity?[/p][/quote]you seem like a reasonable chap and there was no malice in my question. unfortunately the rules are rigid and until our borders are secured bureaucracy is the only way. happy to continue over a beer some time. i am white, english by descent (but you already knew the answer before you asked the question)[/p][/quote]Me too! bye Royr
  • Score: 2

2:37pm Fri 25 Apr 14

lesleyE63 says...

Rayleigh mum wrote:
more to this story than she is telling, me thinks
I am lesley this girl is my daughter the echo has not put in the full story and we are a bit disappointed at the fact they did not give the full story but are thankful that they took it and helped to get the decision overturned.
the full story is she was in private accomidation THROUGH THE COUNCIL due to lack of housing landlords wanted to sell gave her notice in november she was in the hostel in march she had a phone call to say she was getting a two bedroom flat then that evening she went back to the hostel after school run she had two letters one was from the council homeless department saying they felt she was not legal in this country and the other was the eviction notice the following day her father took her to the council with her full birth certificate and they were there an hour and a half but no-one from housing would come down on the thursday she went back to the council with a letter and yet another copy of her full birth certificate and copies of 3 previous generations and has a stamp and signature of acceptance of letter.
with getting nowhere with the council hence went to the echo news paper
[quote][p][bold]Rayleigh mum[/bold] wrote: more to this story than she is telling, me thinks[/p][/quote]I am lesley this girl is my daughter the echo has not put in the full story and we are a bit disappointed at the fact they did not give the full story but are thankful that they took it and helped to get the decision overturned. the full story is she was in private accomidation THROUGH THE COUNCIL due to lack of housing landlords wanted to sell gave her notice in november she was in the hostel in march she had a phone call to say she was getting a two bedroom flat then that evening she went back to the hostel after school run she had two letters one was from the council homeless department saying they felt she was not legal in this country and the other was the eviction notice the following day her father took her to the council with her full birth certificate and they were there an hour and a half but no-one from housing would come down on the thursday she went back to the council with a letter and yet another copy of her full birth certificate and copies of 3 previous generations and has a stamp and signature of acceptance of letter. with getting nowhere with the council hence went to the echo news paper lesleyE63
  • Score: 2

11:48pm Fri 25 Apr 14

ThisYear says...

Kim Gandy wrote:
Jack222 wrote:
'big money benefits' - as if. There aren't any for anyone.

Housing priority is done by local need - being local normally puts you high up the list. Even being from out of county puts you at the bottom. There is NO truth to the idea that those from overseas get any priority. In fact they start at the bottom of the pile.

. And we need the migrants to do our jobs for us as we are all too old, lazy or thick to work hard any longer...

Many studies show that Migrants put far more into the community than they take out - and they put far more into taxation and take out far less than the locally born... And their kids do better at school because actually migrants are prepared to work hard and do the dirty jobs so their children will have great life ... which is more than many local parents can be bothered to do.

Worth remembering more British people live overseas than there are migrants in this country ...
More self hating bile from you.

There you go again, lumping all British people into one basket.. we are ALL lazy and workshy so we need cheap foreign labour to do it for us.

Keep on writing this drivel for long enough and you obviously start believing it.

How dare you suggest an entire nation is lazy? Where are your figures from? Or is it same old same old leftie claptrap we here every day? The deliberate downgrading of our country and our own people in order to justify the leftwing dream of social engineering and mass uncontrolled immigration.

Honestly, Hitler would have been proud of you. After all, he was a MASTERCLASS of social engineering.

FACT: there are people unemployed in this country who are constantly looking for jobs but find themselves pushed to the back of the queue because greedy, exploitative employers are prepared to pay a pittance to people from Eastern Europe, who think it's a lot of money.

Maybe it is where they come from but here, around £6.50 an hour is pathetic. It barely covers the basics.

If we shut the door on mass uncontrolled immigration and gave the jobs to people here, you claim are lazy and workshy, we'd have full employment.

If they are that indolent, then it would be a wake up call wouldn't it, if all of a sudden there weren't enough cheap foreigners to go out and the social security lot forced the indigenous 'lazy' ones into work.

Fact is, more of our own people want jobs than you assume.

You do talk some twaddle. But then, around here, you have some stiff competition.
Dont you ever get sick of ranting you old trout?
[quote][p][bold]Kim Gandy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Jack222[/bold] wrote: 'big money benefits' - as if. There aren't any for anyone. Housing priority is done by local need - being local normally puts you high up the list. Even being from out of county puts you at the bottom. There is NO truth to the idea that those from overseas get any priority. In fact they start at the bottom of the pile. . And we need the migrants to do our jobs for us as we are all too old, lazy or thick to work hard any longer... Many studies show that Migrants put far more into the community than they take out - and they put far more into taxation and take out far less than the locally born... And their kids do better at school because actually migrants are prepared to work hard and do the dirty jobs so their children will have great life ... which is more than many local parents can be bothered to do. Worth remembering more British people live overseas than there are migrants in this country ...[/p][/quote]More self hating bile from you. There you go again, lumping all British people into one basket.. we are ALL lazy and workshy so we need cheap foreign labour to do it for us. Keep on writing this drivel for long enough and you obviously start believing it. How dare you suggest an entire nation is lazy? Where are your figures from? Or is it same old same old leftie claptrap we here every day? The deliberate downgrading of our country and our own people in order to justify the leftwing dream of social engineering and mass uncontrolled immigration. Honestly, Hitler would have been proud of you. After all, he was a MASTERCLASS of social engineering. FACT: there are people unemployed in this country who are constantly looking for jobs but find themselves pushed to the back of the queue because greedy, exploitative employers are prepared to pay a pittance to people from Eastern Europe, who think it's a lot of money. Maybe it is where they come from but here, around £6.50 an hour is pathetic. It barely covers the basics. If we shut the door on mass uncontrolled immigration and gave the jobs to people here, you claim are lazy and workshy, we'd have full employment. If they are that indolent, then it would be a wake up call wouldn't it, if all of a sudden there weren't enough cheap foreigners to go out and the social security lot forced the indigenous 'lazy' ones into work. Fact is, more of our own people want jobs than you assume. You do talk some twaddle. But then, around here, you have some stiff competition.[/p][/quote]Dont you ever get sick of ranting you old trout? ThisYear
  • Score: 1

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree