Man escapes chip fire by climbing out of window in Southend flat

Man escapes chip fire by climbing out of window

Man escapes chip fire by climbing out of window

First published in Local News

A MAN escaped a chip pan fire in his kitchen by climbing out of his window in the early hours of the morning.

Two fire engines attended the blaze in the first floor flat at 53A Surbiton Road shortly after midnight this morning.

Crews wore breathing apparatus and used one hose reel jet to extinguish the blaze which was said to have intensified as the resident attempted to put it out.

The resident escaped by climbing out of a window and suffered no injuries or smoke inhalation as the fire service extinguished the blaze by 0.40am.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree