Lloyds bank staff walk for Alzheimers Society

For a good cause – bankers from Lloyds walked four miles to work

For a good cause – bankers from Lloyds walked four miles to work

First published in Local News

BANKERS took part in a four-mile walk in aid of Alzheimers sufferers.

Staff from Lloyds, in Basildon town centre, spent yesterday morning walking to work, having set off from the East Mayne branch of Sainsbury's.

The event formed part of a charity week at Lloyds banks across the country.

Staff at the Basildon branch also hosted a cake sale. to raise funds for the charity Alzheimer’s Society.

Cheryl Greenway, from Lloyds, said: “Alzheimers is something quite close to home for a lot of our staff members, so we decided to make the charity our chosen cause for the second year in a row.

“As Lloyds banks across the country are taking part in different fundraising events this week, we decided to make it our awareness week.”

Comments (7)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

2:21pm Thu 22 May 14

ravnos says...

4 miles? Is that it? Some people walk more than that to get to work each day...! How about giving up their bonuses....?
4 miles? Is that it? Some people walk more than that to get to work each day...! How about giving up their bonuses....? ravnos
  • Score: -5

3:13pm Thu 22 May 14

Nowthatsworthknowing says...

Few are as dishonest than Bankers, 4 miles, what an insult....
Few are as dishonest than Bankers, 4 miles, what an insult.... Nowthatsworthknowing
  • Score: -5

4:50pm Thu 22 May 14

LexyGirl says...

Nowthatsworthknowing wrote:
Few are as dishonest than Bankers, 4 miles, what an insult....
what do you mean an insult? you always say rotten things about everything don't you. well I bet you have never got off your backside and done something for someone else have you.
[quote][p][bold]Nowthatsworthknowing[/bold] wrote: Few are as dishonest than Bankers, 4 miles, what an insult....[/p][/quote]what do you mean an insult? you always say rotten things about everything don't you. well I bet you have never got off your backside and done something for someone else have you. LexyGirl
  • Score: 1

4:54pm Thu 22 May 14

LexyGirl says...

ravnos wrote:
4 miles? Is that it? Some people walk more than that to get to work each day...! How about giving up their bonuses....?
I bet you don't though, in fact I bet you don't do anything for anyone just like the other person nowthatsnotworthnotk
nowing
[quote][p][bold]ravnos[/bold] wrote: 4 miles? Is that it? Some people walk more than that to get to work each day...! How about giving up their bonuses....?[/p][/quote]I bet you don't though, in fact I bet you don't do anything for anyone just like the other person nowthatsnotworthnotk nowing LexyGirl
  • Score: 3

6:39pm Thu 22 May 14

sesibollox says...

LexyGirl wrote:
ravnos wrote:
4 miles? Is that it? Some people walk more than that to get to work each day...! How about giving up their bonuses....?
I bet you don't though, in fact I bet you don't do anything for anyone just like the other person nowthatsnotworthnotk

nowing
WTF have you done Lexy, to take that stance against ex soldiers, whose medals have been won before you were an accident
[quote][p][bold]LexyGirl[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ravnos[/bold] wrote: 4 miles? Is that it? Some people walk more than that to get to work each day...! How about giving up their bonuses....?[/p][/quote]I bet you don't though, in fact I bet you don't do anything for anyone just like the other person nowthatsnotworthnotk nowing[/p][/quote]WTF have you done Lexy, to take that stance against ex soldiers, whose medals have been won before you were an accident sesibollox
  • Score: -6

8:51pm Thu 22 May 14

LexyGirl says...

sesibollox wrote:
LexyGirl wrote:
ravnos wrote:
4 miles? Is that it? Some people walk more than that to get to work each day...! How about giving up their bonuses....?
I bet you don't though, in fact I bet you don't do anything for anyone just like the other person nowthatsnotworthnotk


nowing
WTF have you done Lexy, to take that stance against ex soldiers, whose medals have been won before you were an accident
OMG what are you talking about soldiers for you freak
[quote][p][bold]sesibollox[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]LexyGirl[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ravnos[/bold] wrote: 4 miles? Is that it? Some people walk more than that to get to work each day...! How about giving up their bonuses....?[/p][/quote]I bet you don't though, in fact I bet you don't do anything for anyone just like the other person nowthatsnotworthnotk nowing[/p][/quote]WTF have you done Lexy, to take that stance against ex soldiers, whose medals have been won before you were an accident[/p][/quote]OMG what are you talking about soldiers for you freak LexyGirl
  • Score: 3

8:54pm Thu 22 May 14

LexyGirl says...

Well done everyone who took part in this, im very proud of you all xoxox
Well done everyone who took part in this, im very proud of you all xoxox LexyGirl
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree