Talks over Castle Point Council's future coalition break down after Ukip and Independents walk away from "divided" Conservatives

Echo: Tory leader Colin Riley and deputy Bill Sharp Tory leader Colin Riley and deputy Bill Sharp

MAJOR talks over the future running of Castle Point Council have broken down.

The council faces months of uncertainty and slow decision making as it looks set to be run by the Conservative Party, which doesn’t have a majority.

Negotiations for a coalition, in which all parties elected to the council would take part in running it, fell through last week when they had barely begun.

The Canvey Island Independent Party and Ukip have slammed the Tory party for being “divided” after its leadership election, which saw Colin Riley and Bill Sharp installed as leader and deputy by just two and three votes respectively.

Former deputy council leader Jeffrey Stanley had been favourite to take over.

Ukip county councillor Jamie Huntman, who acts as spokesman for his party’s borough councillors, said: “We won’t be entering into a coalition with the Conservatives.

“They had a meeting the other day where they elected a new leader and there are unhappy people within their group. It’s best for us to stay outside that.”

Dave Blackwell, leader of the Canvey Independent group, said: “I’ve spoken to Tories who are totally unhappy with what’s going on in their party.

“We’re not prepared to enter into a coalition that might blow up in a couple of months.”

Responding to claims a minority administration could struggle to get anything voted through the council chamber he added: “If they put forward policies that we feel will be for the benefit of the whole community, we will support them.

“We’re not going to be a group that goes in there to cause destruction.”

However, Mr Riley denied there was an issue in his group.

He said: “It’s unfortunate if Dave Blackwell and (Ukip leader on the borough council) Alan Bayley are making it difficult by saying they’re not prepared to work with us.

“It’s just unfortunate. We’re not going to let that stop us.

“I and Bill Sharp were elected in an open and democratic process.

“We’re not divided, they’re trying to scare people. We are all Conservatives and we’re definitely not divided.”

He added an administration needed to be formed soon to get work going on the council again.

He said: “I can’t speak too much about the future until we meet all Conservative members on Monday evening.

“The planning committee is so far behind, we’ve got to get it up and running again.”

Following the election, Castle Point Council is now made up of 20 Conservatives, 16 Canvey Independent Party members and five Ukip councillors, meaning no one party has overall control.

Comments (22)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

7:06am Tue 3 Jun 14

Nowthatsworthknowing says...

Just goes to show, what a bunch of idiotic buffoons they all are..
Just goes to show, what a bunch of idiotic buffoons they all are.. Nowthatsworthknowing
  • Score: 4

7:29am Tue 3 Jun 14

John Right says...

Nowthatsworthknowing wrote:
Just goes to show, what a bunch of idiotic buffoons they all are..
Now lets see that wonderful party UKIP start running things ??? oh they aint got a clues
[quote][p][bold]Nowthatsworthknowing[/bold] wrote: Just goes to show, what a bunch of idiotic buffoons they all are..[/p][/quote]Now lets see that wonderful party UKIP start running things ??? oh they aint got a clues John Right
  • Score: -2

7:55am Tue 3 Jun 14

pembury53 says...

John Right wrote:
Nowthatsworthknowing wrote: Just goes to show, what a bunch of idiotic buffoons they all are..
Now lets see that wonderful party UKIP start running things ??? oh they aint got a clues
"The council faces months of uncertainty and slow decision making as it looks set to be run by the Conservative Party" try reading it before making a stupid comment...
[quote][p][bold]John Right[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Nowthatsworthknowing[/bold] wrote: Just goes to show, what a bunch of idiotic buffoons they all are..[/p][/quote]Now lets see that wonderful party UKIP start running things ??? oh they aint got a clues[/p][/quote]"The council faces months of uncertainty and slow decision making as it looks set to be run by the Conservative Party" try reading it before making a stupid comment... pembury53
  • Score: 2

7:57am Tue 3 Jun 14

John Right says...

pembury53 wrote:
John Right wrote:
Nowthatsworthknowing wrote: Just goes to show, what a bunch of idiotic buffoons they all are..
Now lets see that wonderful party UKIP start running things ??? oh they aint got a clues
"The council faces months of uncertainty and slow decision making as it looks set to be run by the Conservative Party" try reading it before making a stupid comment...
Try a better angle of insult UKIP boy
[quote][p][bold]pembury53[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]John Right[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Nowthatsworthknowing[/bold] wrote: Just goes to show, what a bunch of idiotic buffoons they all are..[/p][/quote]Now lets see that wonderful party UKIP start running things ??? oh they aint got a clues[/p][/quote]"The council faces months of uncertainty and slow decision making as it looks set to be run by the Conservative Party" try reading it before making a stupid comment...[/p][/quote]Try a better angle of insult UKIP boy John Right
  • Score: 0

9:16am Tue 3 Jun 14

rayleighrunner says...

Why don't the Canvey Island Group and UKIP merge to make them the majority group and take control? Perhaps then the Conservatives will realise they need to work with other groups or risk being made the minority group! I think the leader of the Conservatives needs to pull his group together, they all need to grow up and get on with the job in hand!
Why don't the Canvey Island Group and UKIP merge to make them the majority group and take control? Perhaps then the Conservatives will realise they need to work with other groups or risk being made the minority group! I think the leader of the Conservatives needs to pull his group together, they all need to grow up and get on with the job in hand! rayleighrunner
  • Score: 7

9:30am Tue 3 Jun 14

upset says...

rayleighrunner wrote:
Why don't the Canvey Island Group and UKIP merge to make them the majority group and take control? Perhaps then the Conservatives will realise they need to work with other groups or risk being made the minority group! I think the leader of the Conservatives needs to pull his group together, they all need to grow up and get on with the job in hand!
CIIP are great in opposition and they have not done anything other than complain about what the Tory's have done since the failed ex Labour supporters set up the Indie party. They will not risk forming a coalition with themselves as the major party because they are fearful of the voter finding out the truth of their lack of ability.
In yesterdays Echo a letter from Indie councillor Neville Watson said they had not been in discussions with Ukip and the Tory's about a coalition to run CPBC, can someone tell us the truth have they are have they not!!!
[quote][p][bold]rayleighrunner[/bold] wrote: Why don't the Canvey Island Group and UKIP merge to make them the majority group and take control? Perhaps then the Conservatives will realise they need to work with other groups or risk being made the minority group! I think the leader of the Conservatives needs to pull his group together, they all need to grow up and get on with the job in hand![/p][/quote]CIIP are great in opposition and they have not done anything other than complain about what the Tory's have done since the failed ex Labour supporters set up the Indie party. They will not risk forming a coalition with themselves as the major party because they are fearful of the voter finding out the truth of their lack of ability. In yesterdays Echo a letter from Indie councillor Neville Watson said they had not been in discussions with Ukip and the Tory's about a coalition to run CPBC, can someone tell us the truth have they are have they not!!! upset
  • Score: -2

12:02pm Tue 3 Jun 14

Rat-man says...

I think Mr Weinvass (Chief reporter) that you should;

1. Get your facts right.

2.Don't believe everything you're told especially from CIIP and UKIP
I think Mr Weinvass (Chief reporter) that you should; 1. Get your facts right. 2.Don't believe everything you're told especially from CIIP and UKIP Rat-man
  • Score: -5

12:40pm Tue 3 Jun 14

Kim Gandy says...

Nowthatsworthknowing wrote:
Just goes to show, what a bunch of idiotic buffoons they all are..
Whereas you would know what to do would you?

Did you even vote? If not, why comment?

If you did, presumably you voted for one of these "idiotic buffoons".

When you know what is involved, as I do, having campaigned, stood for election and been a councillor, you will know it isn't all cut and dried when you have lots of different personalities and political views in one place together.

Same as anywhere else, you will never get a lot of people to agree easily on anything.

It's not that simplistic.

Unless of course you are an armchair expert.
[quote][p][bold]Nowthatsworthknowing[/bold] wrote: Just goes to show, what a bunch of idiotic buffoons they all are..[/p][/quote]Whereas you would know what to do would you? Did you even vote? If not, why comment? If you did, presumably you voted for one of these "idiotic buffoons". When you know what is involved, as I do, having campaigned, stood for election and been a councillor, you will know it isn't all cut and dried when you have lots of different personalities and political views in one place together. Same as anywhere else, you will never get a lot of people to agree easily on anything. It's not that simplistic. Unless of course you are an armchair expert. Kim Gandy
  • Score: -3

12:40pm Tue 3 Jun 14

Kim Gandy says...

Nowthatsworthknowing wrote:
Just goes to show, what a bunch of idiotic buffoons they all are..
Whereas you would know what to do would you?

Did you even vote? If not, why comment?

If you did, presumably you voted for one of these "idiotic buffoons".

When you know what is involved, as I do, having campaigned, stood for election and been a councillor, you will know it isn't all cut and dried when you have lots of different personalities and political views in one place together.

Same as anywhere else, you will never get a lot of people to agree easily on anything.

It's not that simplistic.

Unless of course you are an armchair expert.
[quote][p][bold]Nowthatsworthknowing[/bold] wrote: Just goes to show, what a bunch of idiotic buffoons they all are..[/p][/quote]Whereas you would know what to do would you? Did you even vote? If not, why comment? If you did, presumably you voted for one of these "idiotic buffoons". When you know what is involved, as I do, having campaigned, stood for election and been a councillor, you will know it isn't all cut and dried when you have lots of different personalities and political views in one place together. Same as anywhere else, you will never get a lot of people to agree easily on anything. It's not that simplistic. Unless of course you are an armchair expert. Kim Gandy
  • Score: -2

12:50pm Tue 3 Jun 14

Kim Gandy says...

John Right wrote:
Nowthatsworthknowing wrote:
Just goes to show, what a bunch of idiotic buffoons they all are..
Now lets see that wonderful party UKIP start running things ??? oh they aint got a clues
And you have?

You can't even speak proper English. That sentence is littered with poor punctuation and doesn't even make sense.

Yet another disenchanted Labour group wally with a brain the size of a pea.

All your lot do is hurl insults at folk and make up stories about them. I see on another thread, you are claiming to know my son. I have a young son who is nothing to do with politics. Not even voting age so that's a low blow on your part, bringing my children into it. And he isn't pictured anywhere for your information.

You claim you know me but as you, like some of these other Labour idiots, are posting under a pseudonym that puts me at a disadvantage. However, if you know me (or think you do) then you know where I am a lot of the time because you will be in the same place.

Say it to my face in front of witnesses. Whatever bile it is, let's see how brave you are away from the safety of the internet.

I know who you are and I know why you're so rattled. Because your lot cannot get the information they need to sink UKIP. I also know who your fifth columnist is but he is an idiot as well so gets a lot of the information wrong.

I know more than you think..

Your comments are too transparent and your command of English so bad you could only be one of a handful of people known to me. All idiots.

A lot of these other turnips who post on here are your little helpers but they're just as barmy as you.

In point of fact, you don't know me at all; you know nothing of any significance about me, my life, my innermost thoughts, my family or my work - because all you lot do is make up cr@p about people then pass it off as the truth.

Like I say, got anything to say... an axe to grind, say it to my face but if it involves allegations you'd better have concrete evidence that would stand up in a court of law and you had better have the confidence to say it in front of witnesses (including mine.

Otherwise shut it.

As for your comments on here, as I say, your standard of English is so pathetically bad that nobody with an iota of common sense or intelligence can possibly take you seriously.

Face to face I would wipe the floor with you in seconds..and you know
it.

Now do us all a favour and jog on.
[quote][p][bold]John Right[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Nowthatsworthknowing[/bold] wrote: Just goes to show, what a bunch of idiotic buffoons they all are..[/p][/quote]Now lets see that wonderful party UKIP start running things ??? oh they aint got a clues[/p][/quote]And you have? You can't even speak proper English. That sentence is littered with poor punctuation and doesn't even make sense. Yet another disenchanted Labour group wally with a brain the size of a pea. All your lot do is hurl insults at folk and make up stories about them. I see on another thread, you are claiming to know my son. I have a young son who is nothing to do with politics. Not even voting age so that's a low blow on your part, bringing my children into it. And he isn't pictured anywhere for your information. You claim you know me but as you, like some of these other Labour idiots, are posting under a pseudonym that puts me at a disadvantage. However, if you know me (or think you do) then you know where I am a lot of the time because you will be in the same place. Say it to my face in front of witnesses. Whatever bile it is, let's see how brave you are away from the safety of the internet. I know who you are and I know why you're so rattled. Because your lot cannot get the information they need to sink UKIP. I also know who your fifth columnist is but he is an idiot as well so gets a lot of the information wrong. I know more than you think.. Your comments are too transparent and your command of English so bad you could only be one of a handful of people known to me. All idiots. A lot of these other turnips who post on here are your little helpers but they're just as barmy as you. In point of fact, you don't know me at all; you know nothing of any significance about me, my life, my innermost thoughts, my family or my work - because all you lot do is make up cr@p about people then pass it off as the truth. Like I say, got anything to say... an axe to grind, say it to my face but if it involves allegations you'd better have concrete evidence that would stand up in a court of law and you had better have the confidence to say it in front of witnesses (including mine. Otherwise shut it. As for your comments on here, as I say, your standard of English is so pathetically bad that nobody with an iota of common sense or intelligence can possibly take you seriously. Face to face I would wipe the floor with you in seconds..and you know it. Now do us all a favour and jog on. Kim Gandy
  • Score: -2

1:43pm Tue 3 Jun 14

John Right says...

Kim Gandy wrote:
John Right wrote:
Nowthatsworthknowing wrote:
Just goes to show, what a bunch of idiotic buffoons they all are..
Now lets see that wonderful party UKIP start running things ??? oh they aint got a clues
And you have?

You can't even speak proper English. That sentence is littered with poor punctuation and doesn't even make sense.

Yet another disenchanted Labour group wally with a brain the size of a pea.

All your lot do is hurl insults at folk and make up stories about them. I see on another thread, you are claiming to know my son. I have a young son who is nothing to do with politics. Not even voting age so that's a low blow on your part, bringing my children into it. And he isn't pictured anywhere for your information.

You claim you know me but as you, like some of these other Labour idiots, are posting under a pseudonym that puts me at a disadvantage. However, if you know me (or think you do) then you know where I am a lot of the time because you will be in the same place.

Say it to my face in front of witnesses. Whatever bile it is, let's see how brave you are away from the safety of the internet.

I know who you are and I know why you're so rattled. Because your lot cannot get the information they need to sink UKIP. I also know who your fifth columnist is but he is an idiot as well so gets a lot of the information wrong.

I know more than you think..

Your comments are too transparent and your command of English so bad you could only be one of a handful of people known to me. All idiots.

A lot of these other turnips who post on here are your little helpers but they're just as barmy as you.

In point of fact, you don't know me at all; you know nothing of any significance about me, my life, my innermost thoughts, my family or my work - because all you lot do is make up cr@p about people then pass it off as the truth.

Like I say, got anything to say... an axe to grind, say it to my face but if it involves allegations you'd better have concrete evidence that would stand up in a court of law and you had better have the confidence to say it in front of witnesses (including mine.

Otherwise shut it.

As for your comments on here, as I say, your standard of English is so pathetically bad that nobody with an iota of common sense or intelligence can possibly take you seriously.

Face to face I would wipe the floor with you in seconds..and you know
it.

Now do us all a favour and jog on.
Be brave and name me it you can
[quote][p][bold]Kim Gandy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]John Right[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Nowthatsworthknowing[/bold] wrote: Just goes to show, what a bunch of idiotic buffoons they all are..[/p][/quote]Now lets see that wonderful party UKIP start running things ??? oh they aint got a clues[/p][/quote]And you have? You can't even speak proper English. That sentence is littered with poor punctuation and doesn't even make sense. Yet another disenchanted Labour group wally with a brain the size of a pea. All your lot do is hurl insults at folk and make up stories about them. I see on another thread, you are claiming to know my son. I have a young son who is nothing to do with politics. Not even voting age so that's a low blow on your part, bringing my children into it. And he isn't pictured anywhere for your information. You claim you know me but as you, like some of these other Labour idiots, are posting under a pseudonym that puts me at a disadvantage. However, if you know me (or think you do) then you know where I am a lot of the time because you will be in the same place. Say it to my face in front of witnesses. Whatever bile it is, let's see how brave you are away from the safety of the internet. I know who you are and I know why you're so rattled. Because your lot cannot get the information they need to sink UKIP. I also know who your fifth columnist is but he is an idiot as well so gets a lot of the information wrong. I know more than you think.. Your comments are too transparent and your command of English so bad you could only be one of a handful of people known to me. All idiots. A lot of these other turnips who post on here are your little helpers but they're just as barmy as you. In point of fact, you don't know me at all; you know nothing of any significance about me, my life, my innermost thoughts, my family or my work - because all you lot do is make up cr@p about people then pass it off as the truth. Like I say, got anything to say... an axe to grind, say it to my face but if it involves allegations you'd better have concrete evidence that would stand up in a court of law and you had better have the confidence to say it in front of witnesses (including mine. Otherwise shut it. As for your comments on here, as I say, your standard of English is so pathetically bad that nobody with an iota of common sense or intelligence can possibly take you seriously. Face to face I would wipe the floor with you in seconds..and you know it. Now do us all a favour and jog on.[/p][/quote]Be brave and name me it you can John Right
  • Score: 1

1:46pm Tue 3 Jun 14

John Right says...

Kim Gandy wrote:
Nowthatsworthknowing wrote:
Just goes to show, what a bunch of idiotic buffoons they all are..
Whereas you would know what to do would you?

Did you even vote? If not, why comment?

If you did, presumably you voted for one of these "idiotic buffoons".

When you know what is involved, as I do, having campaigned, stood for election and been a councillor, you will know it isn't all cut and dried when you have lots of different personalities and political views in one place together.

Same as anywhere else, you will never get a lot of people to agree easily on anything.

It's not that simplistic.

Unless of course you are an armchair expert.
Now you don't stand for diddly sqot, you have been kicked out of even the most hated political group since Adolf was in power, so what is it exactly you do these days ? go out on the town in Rayleigh, get back to yer flat drunk?
[quote][p][bold]Kim Gandy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Nowthatsworthknowing[/bold] wrote: Just goes to show, what a bunch of idiotic buffoons they all are..[/p][/quote]Whereas you would know what to do would you? Did you even vote? If not, why comment? If you did, presumably you voted for one of these "idiotic buffoons". When you know what is involved, as I do, having campaigned, stood for election and been a councillor, you will know it isn't all cut and dried when you have lots of different personalities and political views in one place together. Same as anywhere else, you will never get a lot of people to agree easily on anything. It's not that simplistic. Unless of course you are an armchair expert.[/p][/quote]Now you don't stand for diddly sqot, you have been kicked out of even the most hated political group since Adolf was in power, so what is it exactly you do these days ? go out on the town in Rayleigh, get back to yer flat drunk? John Right
  • Score: 0

1:51pm Tue 3 Jun 14

Abington86 says...

You keep banging on about having held public office but can I please ask what public office this was?

We all know that you were a school governor. But that is hardly public office so could you please inform us where you were a councillor.
You keep banging on about having held public office but can I please ask what public office this was? We all know that you were a school governor. But that is hardly public office so could you please inform us where you were a councillor. Abington86
  • Score: 0

1:52pm Tue 3 Jun 14

CarnMountification says...

John Right wrote:
Kim Gandy wrote:
Nowthatsworthknowing wrote:
Just goes to show, what a bunch of idiotic buffoons they all are..
Whereas you would know what to do would you?

Did you even vote? If not, why comment?

If you did, presumably you voted for one of these "idiotic buffoons".

When you know what is involved, as I do, having campaigned, stood for election and been a councillor, you will know it isn't all cut and dried when you have lots of different personalities and political views in one place together.

Same as anywhere else, you will never get a lot of people to agree easily on anything.

It's not that simplistic.

Unless of course you are an armchair expert.
Now you don't stand for diddly sqot, you have been kicked out of even the most hated political group since Adolf was in power, so what is it exactly you do these days ? go out on the town in Rayleigh, get back to yer flat drunk?
Thats a little unfair, Kim has quite a profile...
[quote][p][bold]John Right[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Kim Gandy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Nowthatsworthknowing[/bold] wrote: Just goes to show, what a bunch of idiotic buffoons they all are..[/p][/quote]Whereas you would know what to do would you? Did you even vote? If not, why comment? If you did, presumably you voted for one of these "idiotic buffoons". When you know what is involved, as I do, having campaigned, stood for election and been a councillor, you will know it isn't all cut and dried when you have lots of different personalities and political views in one place together. Same as anywhere else, you will never get a lot of people to agree easily on anything. It's not that simplistic. Unless of course you are an armchair expert.[/p][/quote]Now you don't stand for diddly sqot, you have been kicked out of even the most hated political group since Adolf was in power, so what is it exactly you do these days ? go out on the town in Rayleigh, get back to yer flat drunk?[/p][/quote]Thats a little unfair, Kim has quite a profile... CarnMountification
  • Score: 5

4:50pm Tue 3 Jun 14

the25man says...

Why do we have to have Party Politics in Local Government. We vote for a local councillor to represent us on our local matters not what some other people far from our local needs tell our so called local man what to do.
Get all the political parties away from local councils.
Why do we have to have Party Politics in Local Government. We vote for a local councillor to represent us on our local matters not what some other people far from our local needs tell our so called local man what to do. Get all the political parties away from local councils. the25man
  • Score: 0

7:53pm Tue 3 Jun 14

ThisYear says...

Kim Gandy wrote:
Nowthatsworthknowing wrote:
Just goes to show, what a bunch of idiotic buffoons they all are..
Whereas you would know what to do would you?

Did you even vote? If not, why comment?

If you did, presumably you voted for one of these "idiotic buffoons".

When you know what is involved, as I do, having campaigned, stood for election and been a councillor, you will know it isn't all cut and dried when you have lots of different personalities and political views in one place together.

Same as anywhere else, you will never get a lot of people to agree easily on anything.

It's not that simplistic.

Unless of course you are an armchair expert.
"When you know what is involved, as I do, having campaigned, stood for election and been a councillor"

Who did you campaign for?

What party/group were you representing when you stood for election?

You were a non political councillor..Could you inform the readers what a 'non political councillor' is?
[quote][p][bold]Kim Gandy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Nowthatsworthknowing[/bold] wrote: Just goes to show, what a bunch of idiotic buffoons they all are..[/p][/quote]Whereas you would know what to do would you? Did you even vote? If not, why comment? If you did, presumably you voted for one of these "idiotic buffoons". When you know what is involved, as I do, having campaigned, stood for election and been a councillor, you will know it isn't all cut and dried when you have lots of different personalities and political views in one place together. Same as anywhere else, you will never get a lot of people to agree easily on anything. It's not that simplistic. Unless of course you are an armchair expert.[/p][/quote]"When you know what is involved, as I do, having campaigned, stood for election and been a councillor" Who did you campaign for? What party/group were you representing when you stood for election? You were a non political councillor..Could you inform the readers what a 'non political councillor' is? ThisYear
  • Score: 0

8:08pm Tue 3 Jun 14

ThisYear says...

Kim Gandy wrote:
John Right wrote:
Nowthatsworthknowing wrote:
Just goes to show, what a bunch of idiotic buffoons they all are..
Now lets see that wonderful party UKIP start running things ??? oh they aint got a clues
And you have?

You can't even speak proper English. That sentence is littered with poor punctuation and doesn't even make sense.

Yet another disenchanted Labour group wally with a brain the size of a pea.

All your lot do is hurl insults at folk and make up stories about them. I see on another thread, you are claiming to know my son. I have a young son who is nothing to do with politics. Not even voting age so that's a low blow on your part, bringing my children into it. And he isn't pictured anywhere for your information.

You claim you know me but as you, like some of these other Labour idiots, are posting under a pseudonym that puts me at a disadvantage. However, if you know me (or think you do) then you know where I am a lot of the time because you will be in the same place.

Say it to my face in front of witnesses. Whatever bile it is, let's see how brave you are away from the safety of the internet.

I know who you are and I know why you're so rattled. Because your lot cannot get the information they need to sink UKIP. I also know who your fifth columnist is but he is an idiot as well so gets a lot of the information wrong.

I know more than you think..

Your comments are too transparent and your command of English so bad you could only be one of a handful of people known to me. All idiots.

A lot of these other turnips who post on here are your little helpers but they're just as barmy as you.

In point of fact, you don't know me at all; you know nothing of any significance about me, my life, my innermost thoughts, my family or my work - because all you lot do is make up cr@p about people then pass it off as the truth.

Like I say, got anything to say... an axe to grind, say it to my face but if it involves allegations you'd better have concrete evidence that would stand up in a court of law and you had better have the confidence to say it in front of witnesses (including mine.

Otherwise shut it.

As for your comments on here, as I say, your standard of English is so pathetically bad that nobody with an iota of common sense or intelligence can possibly take you seriously.

Face to face I would wipe the floor with you in seconds..and you know
it.

Now do us all a favour and jog on.
"You can't even speak proper English. That sentence is littered with poor punctuation and doesn't even make sense"

Is he actually speaking the sentence rather than typing it?

If not how can you assume he cannot speak 'proper English"?

"Yet another disenchanted Labour group wally with a brain the size of a pea. All your lot do is hurl insults at folk"

Do you see anything wrong with that sentence?

Gandy! YOU are nothing to do with politics..you are seemingly person non grata with all the political parties and merely slob from council meeting to council meeting like some sort of deranged political groupie.

"You claim you know me but as you, like some of these other Labour idiots, are posting under a pseudonym that puts me at a disadvantage"

Then

" I know who you are"

Oh dear melt down has begun...again.

Gandy are you implying that Labour supporters or officials are 'fifth columnist' (s)

Isn't that spin? Inverted thinking?

Would most people hearing the term "fifth columnist" link that to people holding an ideology defeated in the war?
[quote][p][bold]Kim Gandy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]John Right[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Nowthatsworthknowing[/bold] wrote: Just goes to show, what a bunch of idiotic buffoons they all are..[/p][/quote]Now lets see that wonderful party UKIP start running things ??? oh they aint got a clues[/p][/quote]And you have? You can't even speak proper English. That sentence is littered with poor punctuation and doesn't even make sense. Yet another disenchanted Labour group wally with a brain the size of a pea. All your lot do is hurl insults at folk and make up stories about them. I see on another thread, you are claiming to know my son. I have a young son who is nothing to do with politics. Not even voting age so that's a low blow on your part, bringing my children into it. And he isn't pictured anywhere for your information. You claim you know me but as you, like some of these other Labour idiots, are posting under a pseudonym that puts me at a disadvantage. However, if you know me (or think you do) then you know where I am a lot of the time because you will be in the same place. Say it to my face in front of witnesses. Whatever bile it is, let's see how brave you are away from the safety of the internet. I know who you are and I know why you're so rattled. Because your lot cannot get the information they need to sink UKIP. I also know who your fifth columnist is but he is an idiot as well so gets a lot of the information wrong. I know more than you think.. Your comments are too transparent and your command of English so bad you could only be one of a handful of people known to me. All idiots. A lot of these other turnips who post on here are your little helpers but they're just as barmy as you. In point of fact, you don't know me at all; you know nothing of any significance about me, my life, my innermost thoughts, my family or my work - because all you lot do is make up cr@p about people then pass it off as the truth. Like I say, got anything to say... an axe to grind, say it to my face but if it involves allegations you'd better have concrete evidence that would stand up in a court of law and you had better have the confidence to say it in front of witnesses (including mine. Otherwise shut it. As for your comments on here, as I say, your standard of English is so pathetically bad that nobody with an iota of common sense or intelligence can possibly take you seriously. Face to face I would wipe the floor with you in seconds..and you know it. Now do us all a favour and jog on.[/p][/quote]"You can't even speak proper English. That sentence is littered with poor punctuation and doesn't even make sense" Is he actually speaking the sentence rather than typing it? If not how can you assume he cannot speak 'proper English"? "Yet another disenchanted Labour group wally with a brain the size of a pea. All your lot do is hurl insults at folk" Do you see anything wrong with that sentence? Gandy! YOU are nothing to do with politics..you are seemingly person non grata with all the political parties and merely slob from council meeting to council meeting like some sort of deranged political groupie. "You claim you know me but as you, like some of these other Labour idiots, are posting under a pseudonym that puts me at a disadvantage" Then " I know who you are" Oh dear melt down has begun...again. Gandy are you implying that Labour supporters or officials are 'fifth columnist' (s) Isn't that spin? Inverted thinking? Would most people hearing the term "fifth columnist" link that to people holding an ideology defeated in the war? ThisYear
  • Score: 1

11:13am Wed 4 Jun 14

iknowbetter says...

Kim you start your thread with "all you lot do is throw insults". Then you go on with 3 paragraphs which is littered with insults, people that live in glass houses etc. Are you one of those narrow minded people that insist on saying " do as I say and not as I do" because that's how you come accross .
Kim you start your thread with "all you lot do is throw insults". Then you go on with 3 paragraphs which is littered with insults, people that live in glass houses etc. Are you one of those narrow minded people that insist on saying " do as I say and not as I do" because that's how you come accross . iknowbetter
  • Score: 0

11:35am Wed 4 Jun 14

iknowbetter says...

upset wrote:
rayleighrunner wrote:
Why don't the Canvey Island Group and UKIP merge to make them the majority group and take control? Perhaps then the Conservatives will realise they need to work with other groups or risk being made the minority group! I think the leader of the Conservatives needs to pull his group together, they all need to grow up and get on with the job in hand!
CIIP are great in opposition and they have not done anything other than complain about what the Tory's have done since the failed ex Labour supporters set up the Indie party. They will not risk forming a coalition with themselves as the major party because they are fearful of the voter finding out the truth of their lack of ability.
In yesterdays Echo a letter from Indie councillor Neville Watson said they had not been in discussions with Ukip and the Tory's about a coalition to run CPBC, can someone tell us the truth have they are have they not!!!
And we should all put our faith in the likes of Bill Sharpe should we, Upset? Let's just reiterate the past few years shall we. Is this why you think the Tories should run CPBC. Your ex leader Hanningfield not long been out of the slammer for fiddling expenses while in power, he now faces further charges. Now we have an assistant leader who has been found, by his own party to have abused his position in a planning matter and was suspended from office, not to mention his abusive outburst towards another party member. yeah let's all support our Tory council. Not!!!!
[quote][p][bold]upset[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]rayleighrunner[/bold] wrote: Why don't the Canvey Island Group and UKIP merge to make them the majority group and take control? Perhaps then the Conservatives will realise they need to work with other groups or risk being made the minority group! I think the leader of the Conservatives needs to pull his group together, they all need to grow up and get on with the job in hand![/p][/quote]CIIP are great in opposition and they have not done anything other than complain about what the Tory's have done since the failed ex Labour supporters set up the Indie party. They will not risk forming a coalition with themselves as the major party because they are fearful of the voter finding out the truth of their lack of ability. In yesterdays Echo a letter from Indie councillor Neville Watson said they had not been in discussions with Ukip and the Tory's about a coalition to run CPBC, can someone tell us the truth have they are have they not!!![/p][/quote]And we should all put our faith in the likes of Bill Sharpe should we, Upset? Let's just reiterate the past few years shall we. Is this why you think the Tories should run CPBC. Your ex leader Hanningfield not long been out of the slammer for fiddling expenses while in power, he now faces further charges. Now we have an assistant leader who has been found, by his own party to have abused his position in a planning matter and was suspended from office, not to mention his abusive outburst towards another party member. yeah let's all support our Tory council. Not!!!! iknowbetter
  • Score: 1

11:48am Wed 4 Jun 14

iknowbetter says...

I'm also confused as to why, Upset you feel the need to ask for the truth obout, "if a discussion has or has not taken place", here on the echo website, surely you would be better asking your Tory councillor, with a whome you seemingly have so much faith and trust in? Give Bill a call I'm sure he will be happy to answer any questions you have.
I'm also confused as to why, Upset you feel the need to ask for the truth obout, "if a discussion has or has not taken place", here on the echo website, surely you would be better asking your Tory councillor, with a whome you seemingly have so much faith and trust in? Give Bill a call I'm sure he will be happy to answer any questions you have. iknowbetter
  • Score: 1

12:43pm Wed 4 Jun 14

upset says...

Youdontknowbetter, Hanningfield was ECC and not CPBC and as for who said what to who about a coalition, the Echo reported the coalition meetings had broken down, therefore the letter in the Echo yesterday from Neville Watson was either incorrect or his leader has not kept him in the loop. Are you suggesting that Bill will be truthful and the Echo or Mr Watson wont?.
On the front page of the Echo today they tell us that Gail Barton had not attended any meeting for 6 months and DB said nobody told him of her absence, he is the leader of the party he should know who of his lot attend or not, or was he absent as well. Mind you if she did attend she would of only moaned about what was being done like the rest of them.
The Indies and Ukip have a majority but DB is reluctant to take charge for fear of failure like when he was deputy leader for Labour.
Youdontknowbetter, Hanningfield was ECC and not CPBC and as for who said what to who about a coalition, the Echo reported the coalition meetings had broken down, therefore the letter in the Echo yesterday from Neville Watson was either incorrect or his leader has not kept him in the loop. Are you suggesting that Bill will be truthful and the Echo or Mr Watson wont?. On the front page of the Echo today they tell us that Gail Barton had not attended any meeting for 6 months and DB said nobody told him of her absence, he is the leader of the party he should know who of his lot attend or not, or was he absent as well. Mind you if she did attend she would of only moaned about what was being done like the rest of them. The Indies and Ukip have a majority but DB is reluctant to take charge for fear of failure like when he was deputy leader for Labour. upset
  • Score: -2

1:52pm Wed 4 Jun 14

iknowbetter says...

Hanningfield is/was Tory, and pulled the strings for ecc and cpbc that's my point. Bill Sharpe Tory, again my point.
As for DB not wanting to share power with the Tories, well can you blame him looking at their track record, being that at least two of their leading figures have either been jailed for wrong doing or suspended from office for abuse of power for personal gain as well as more recently abusing another council member. Like I said if you need clarification to a question why the echo? Why not ask your councillor whome you seemingly trust so much to give you the truth. Pmsl.
Hanningfield is/was Tory, and pulled the strings for ecc and cpbc that's my point. Bill Sharpe Tory, again my point. As for DB not wanting to share power with the Tories, well can you blame him looking at their track record, being that at least two of their leading figures have either been jailed for wrong doing or suspended from office for abuse of power for personal gain as well as more recently abusing another council member. Like I said if you need clarification to a question why the echo? Why not ask your councillor whome you seemingly trust so much to give you the truth. Pmsl. iknowbetter
  • Score: 1

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree