Boy, 12, charged after girls reported knife threat texts

Boy, 12, in court on knife charge

Boy, 12, in court on knife charge

First published in Local News by

A BOY of 12 has been charged with taking a knife into school and threatening to kill two pupils.

The boy, from Grays, is due in court after the parent of a Year 7 pupil at St Clere’s School, Stanford-le-Hope, claimed she and a friend had been threatened the night before in a text message.

Staff called police the next day and the boy was arrested.

A police spokesman said: “This boy has been charged with carrying an offensive weapon and making threats to kill.

"He will appear at Basildon Youth Court.

“We were contacted shortly before 9am on Wednesday, July 2, and asked to attend St Clere’s School due to reports of a boy threatening two 12-year-old children via BlackBerry Messenger.”

Headteacher Ashlie Hughes said the school took such reports very seriously and had acted immediately.

She added:“I have spoken to all pupilsattheschooltonotifythem and ensure they know where to go for emotional support, if needed.

“A letter has also been sent to all parents.

“We have confirmed to the parents the 12-year-old male pupil does not live in the Stanford-le-Hope area and reassured them he will not return to St Clere’s School.”

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree