Fire at Southend Chinese take-away

Fire at Southend Chinese

Fire at Southend Chinese

First published in Local News
Last updated

A storage unit behind a chinese takeaway was completely destroyed in a fire last night.

The building behind Dragon's Den chinese, in West Road, Shoebury, caught fire at about 3am.

Twelve firefighters swarmed on the unit and the fire was out by 3.40am.

No injuries were reported during the incident but the unit is said to be completely gutted.

An investigation into the cause is underway.

Comments (8)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:43am Mon 11 Aug 14

Russ13 says...

So the fire was BEHIND a Chinese takeaway, not actually in/at the takeaway and the Chinese takeaway is actually in Shoebury and not Southend....... Cracking headline!
So the fire was BEHIND a Chinese takeaway, not actually in/at the takeaway and the Chinese takeaway is actually in Shoebury and not Southend....... Cracking headline! Russ13
  • Score: 13

11:58am Mon 11 Aug 14

emcee says...

Russ13 wrote:
So the fire was BEHIND a Chinese takeaway, not actually in/at the takeaway and the Chinese takeaway is actually in Shoebury and not Southend....... Cracking headline!
To be fair to the Echo, Shoeburyness is within the administrative district or borough of Southend and can indeed, therefore, be referred to as part of Southend.
[quote][p][bold]Russ13[/bold] wrote: So the fire was BEHIND a Chinese takeaway, not actually in/at the takeaway and the Chinese takeaway is actually in Shoebury and not Southend....... Cracking headline![/p][/quote]To be fair to the Echo, Shoeburyness is within the administrative district or borough of Southend and can indeed, therefore, be referred to as part of Southend. emcee
  • Score: 7

9:26pm Mon 11 Aug 14

shoess3 says...

emcee wrote:
Russ13 wrote:
So the fire was BEHIND a Chinese takeaway, not actually in/at the takeaway and the Chinese takeaway is actually in Shoebury and not Southend....... Cracking headline!
To be fair to the Echo, Shoeburyness is within the administrative district or borough of Southend and can indeed, therefore, be referred to as part of Southend.
So is Leigh, both towns in their own right. I bet they would refer to that differently though.
[quote][p][bold]emcee[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Russ13[/bold] wrote: So the fire was BEHIND a Chinese takeaway, not actually in/at the takeaway and the Chinese takeaway is actually in Shoebury and not Southend....... Cracking headline![/p][/quote]To be fair to the Echo, Shoeburyness is within the administrative district or borough of Southend and can indeed, therefore, be referred to as part of Southend.[/p][/quote]So is Leigh, both towns in their own right. I bet they would refer to that differently though. shoess3
  • Score: 2

7:25am Tue 12 Aug 14

CHRISTMAS CAROL says...

OH for pities sake stop squabling, somebody has had there business gutted
OH for pities sake stop squabling, somebody has had there business gutted CHRISTMAS CAROL
  • Score: -1

7:26am Tue 12 Aug 14

CHRISTMAS CAROL says...

shoess3 wrote:
emcee wrote:
Russ13 wrote:
So the fire was BEHIND a Chinese takeaway, not actually in/at the takeaway and the Chinese takeaway is actually in Shoebury and not Southend....... Cracking headline!
To be fair to the Echo, Shoeburyness is within the administrative district or borough of Southend and can indeed, therefore, be referred to as part of Southend.
So is Leigh, both towns in their own right. I bet they would refer to that differently though.
pompous ****
[quote][p][bold]shoess3[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]emcee[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Russ13[/bold] wrote: So the fire was BEHIND a Chinese takeaway, not actually in/at the takeaway and the Chinese takeaway is actually in Shoebury and not Southend....... Cracking headline![/p][/quote]To be fair to the Echo, Shoeburyness is within the administrative district or borough of Southend and can indeed, therefore, be referred to as part of Southend.[/p][/quote]So is Leigh, both towns in their own right. I bet they would refer to that differently though.[/p][/quote]pompous **** CHRISTMAS CAROL
  • Score: -2

11:41am Tue 12 Aug 14

shoess3 says...

You of all people calling me pompous, don't make me laugh. If accuracy isn't your thing then fine but some of us care about the detail. Silly ***!
You of all people calling me pompous, don't make me laugh. If accuracy isn't your thing then fine but some of us care about the detail. Silly ***! shoess3
  • Score: 3

11:50am Tue 12 Aug 14

anechoreader says...

"the unit is said to be completely gutted." I am sure the owners were not best pleased either.
"the unit is said to be completely gutted." I am sure the owners were not best pleased either. anechoreader
  • Score: 0

4:10pm Tue 12 Aug 14

keepitreal says...

SUM TING WONG
SUM TING WONG keepitreal
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree