Man robbed by gang in Southend

Police are appealing for witnesses after a man was robbed by a gang of his wallet on Friday evening.

The victim was walking down Leamington Road, Southend, between 5pm and 8pm when he was approached by a group of five men before he was hit over the head with a weapon.

The group, who are all described as black males in their early 20s, then took a wallet from the man before running off.

The victim was left with cuts to his head and other minor injuries.

Anyone with information should contact Dc Bob Evans at Southend Police Station on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Comments (48)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

5:48pm Sat 25 Feb 12

Nick BURTON says...

This is what I call back to basics, this is the Southend I know and love
( thank god I live elsewhere )
This is what I call back to basics, this is the Southend I know and love ( thank god I live elsewhere ) Nick BURTON
  • Score: 0

5:50pm Sat 25 Feb 12

Brunning999 says...

Hush my mouth, PC.

I remember when Hush !!!

The Thought Police will stop free speech.
Hush my mouth, PC. I remember when Hush !!! The Thought Police will stop free speech. Brunning999
  • Score: 0

6:36pm Sat 25 Feb 12

LewisP says...

Nick BURTON wrote:
This is what I call back to basics, this is the Southend I know and love ( thank god I live elsewhere )
Ditto
[quote][p][bold]Nick BURTON[/bold] wrote: This is what I call back to basics, this is the Southend I know and love ( thank god I live elsewhere )[/p][/quote]Ditto LewisP
  • Score: 0

9:15pm Sat 25 Feb 12

Southendman says...

see what i mean wrote:
Typical the blacks, send um back home
What to Brixton!!!!! Once we had a town that attracted familys out for an enjoyable day at the seaside. Fast forward to 2012 and its numerous groups of guys in their teens and 20s roaming the streets looking for who they can batter in a quite alleyway and theive off of. Then its off to the nearest station and back on the train to their London council estate to divy up the stolen loot and flog it for drugs! lovely!!!
[quote][p][bold]see what i mean[/bold] wrote: Typical the blacks, send um back home[/p][/quote]What to Brixton!!!!! Once we had a town that attracted familys out for an enjoyable day at the seaside. Fast forward to 2012 and its numerous groups of guys in their teens and 20s roaming the streets looking for who they can batter in a quite alleyway and theive off of. Then its off to the nearest station and back on the train to their London council estate to divy up the stolen loot and flog it for drugs! lovely!!! Southendman
  • Score: 0

11:17pm Sat 25 Feb 12

Horace Wimpole says...

Get a grip you tired numpties.
Get a grip you tired numpties. Horace Wimpole
  • Score: 0

11:50pm Sat 25 Feb 12

My Dog is called alfie says...

Between 5pm and 8pm surely they can be a bit more specific.
Between 5pm and 8pm surely they can be a bit more specific. My Dog is called alfie
  • Score: 0

1:22am Sun 26 Feb 12

perini says...

Southendman wrote:
see what i mean wrote:
Typical the blacks, send um back home
What to Brixton!!!!! Once we had a town that attracted familys out for an enjoyable day at the seaside. Fast forward to 2012 and its numerous groups of guys in their teens and 20s roaming the streets looking for who they can batter in a quite alleyway and theive off of. Then its off to the nearest station and back on the train to their London council estate to divy up the stolen loot and flog it for drugs! lovely!!!
Must admit I didn't realise that Leamington Rd was that long it took 3 hours to walk it, or indeed a robbery to take place.
[quote][p][bold]Southendman[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]see what i mean[/bold] wrote: Typical the blacks, send um back home[/p][/quote]What to Brixton!!!!! Once we had a town that attracted familys out for an enjoyable day at the seaside. Fast forward to 2012 and its numerous groups of guys in their teens and 20s roaming the streets looking for who they can batter in a quite alleyway and theive off of. Then its off to the nearest station and back on the train to their London council estate to divy up the stolen loot and flog it for drugs! lovely!!![/p][/quote]Must admit I didn't realise that Leamington Rd was that long it took 3 hours to walk it, or indeed a robbery to take place. perini
  • Score: 0

7:31am Sun 26 Feb 12

Brunning999 says...

Horace Wimpole wrote:
Get a grip you tired numpties.
Sorry mate but have you ever heard of the statement 'like a boot on the other foot'

However I do agree with you in one respect ' we certainly do need to get a grip of CRIMINAL immigrants who our useless and pathetic system seems to allow into the country'

And that is for the sake of all legal law abidding folk of any religion or culture living here.

Gangs of immigrants regardless of colour creating Crime, drugs and prostitution seems to be a feature that has evolved in Hamlet Court Road area since Blair opened the floodgates to mass immigration a feature in the 50's, 60's and 70's that was quite the reverse before they descended upon the area.

As a kid growing up there I can remember a high influx of Jews to the area after the war I cannot remember the crime and lawlessness as we suffer now I can only remember the area being 'up market' NOW LOOK AT IT!!!!
[quote][p][bold]Horace Wimpole[/bold] wrote: Get a grip you tired numpties.[/p][/quote]Sorry mate but have you ever heard of the statement 'like a boot on the other foot' However I do agree with you in one respect ' we certainly do need to get a grip of CRIMINAL immigrants who our useless and pathetic system seems to allow into the country' And that is for the sake of all legal law abidding folk of any religion or culture living here. Gangs of immigrants regardless of colour creating Crime, drugs and prostitution seems to be a feature that has evolved in Hamlet Court Road area since Blair opened the floodgates to mass immigration a feature in the 50's, 60's and 70's that was quite the reverse before they descended upon the area. As a kid growing up there I can remember a high influx of Jews to the area after the war I cannot remember the crime and lawlessness as we suffer now I can only remember the area being 'up market' NOW LOOK AT IT!!!! Brunning999
  • Score: 0

10:04am Sun 26 Feb 12

Francis Grubb says...

Ah bless - the ignorant & illiterate are out with their enlightening "comments" as they've spotted the fact the thugs were black.

Curious how these same bigots hardly ever comment when the criminals are white. Almost as if the most important thing here is that we have black people committing a crime rather than focussing on the crime or victim. Strange that.

Hope the victim gets over the ordeal quickly.

Frank
Ah bless - the ignorant & illiterate are out with their enlightening "comments" as they've spotted the fact the thugs were black. Curious how these same bigots hardly ever comment when the criminals are white. Almost as if the most important thing here is that we have black people committing a crime rather than focussing on the crime or victim. Strange that. Hope the victim gets over the ordeal quickly. Frank Francis Grubb
  • Score: 0

10:16am Sun 26 Feb 12

EssexBoy1968 says...

Personally, I don't care what colour they are, they are criminals, & need to be stoppedASAP. Sadly violent crime seems to be on the upsurge here in Southend, something needs to be done NOW!
As for all those who take joy in talking the place down, the vast majority of us who live in teh area are decent, hard-working (if we can find work, I can thankfully), honest people who have done nothing to cause the current situation. I find it offensive to have people imply that because I & my family live in Westcliff we have somehow caused the problems we find ourselves faced with.
Prostitutes in Hamlet Court Road? Must admit I've never noticed any & I regularly walk the length of the southern half of the road at all times of the day, obviously I'm missing something.....
Personally, I don't care what colour they are, they are criminals, & need to be stoppedASAP. Sadly violent crime seems to be on the upsurge here in Southend, something needs to be done NOW! As for all those who take joy in talking the place down, the vast majority of us who live in teh area are decent, hard-working (if we can find work, I can thankfully), honest people who have done nothing to cause the current situation. I find it offensive to have people imply that because I & my family live in Westcliff we have somehow caused the problems we find ourselves faced with. Prostitutes in Hamlet Court Road? Must admit I've never noticed any & I regularly walk the length of the southern half of the road at all times of the day, obviously I'm missing something..... EssexBoy1968
  • Score: 0

10:26am Sun 26 Feb 12

The Cater Wood Creeper says...

Curious how these same bigots hardly ever comment when the criminals are white


except when they are described as 'of eastern european appearance' or something similar.
[quote]Curious how these same bigots hardly ever comment when the criminals are white[/quote] except when they are described as 'of eastern european appearance' or something similar. The Cater Wood Creeper
  • Score: 0

10:30am Sun 26 Feb 12

Francis Grubb says...

Brunning999 wrote:
Horace Wimpole wrote:
Get a grip you tired numpties.
Sorry mate but have you ever heard of the statement 'like a boot on the other foot'

However I do agree with you in one respect ' we certainly do need to get a grip of CRIMINAL immigrants who our useless and pathetic system seems to allow into the country'

And that is for the sake of all legal law abidding folk of any religion or culture living here.

Gangs of immigrants regardless of colour creating Crime, drugs and prostitution seems to be a feature that has evolved in Hamlet Court Road area since Blair opened the floodgates to mass immigration a feature in the 50's, 60's and 70's that was quite the reverse before they descended upon the area.

As a kid growing up there I can remember a high influx of Jews to the area after the war I cannot remember the crime and lawlessness as we suffer now I can only remember the area being 'up market' NOW LOOK AT IT!!!!
Rubbish, Clive! There was already crime, drugs & prostitution in the HCR area when I moved here 21 years ago (remember the Westcliff Sauna?).

The decline of the area didn't begin with the bloke you voted for in 1997 & the so-called 'floodgates'. It began in the 1980s when Southend Council allowed what was effectively uncontrolled conversion of the nice big houses into flats. When the housing bubble burst in the early 90s, lots of folk lost their flats & the area became low-rent, along with the problems that brings.

As for "gangs of immigrants" in HCR, that's complete hogwash and you know it. I live here and don't see them. I'd appreciate it if you'd come here and actually show me these marauding gangs of foreigners. You won't because you can't.

To blame the area's ills solely on immigrants as you do is completely ignorant. Suggest in future you do your homework before you spout nonsense based upon nothing but personal prejudice.

Frank
[quote][p][bold]Brunning999[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Horace Wimpole[/bold] wrote: Get a grip you tired numpties.[/p][/quote]Sorry mate but have you ever heard of the statement 'like a boot on the other foot' However I do agree with you in one respect ' we certainly do need to get a grip of CRIMINAL immigrants who our useless and pathetic system seems to allow into the country' And that is for the sake of all legal law abidding folk of any religion or culture living here. Gangs of immigrants regardless of colour creating Crime, drugs and prostitution seems to be a feature that has evolved in Hamlet Court Road area since Blair opened the floodgates to mass immigration a feature in the 50's, 60's and 70's that was quite the reverse before they descended upon the area. As a kid growing up there I can remember a high influx of Jews to the area after the war I cannot remember the crime and lawlessness as we suffer now I can only remember the area being 'up market' NOW LOOK AT IT!!!![/p][/quote]Rubbish, Clive! There was already crime, drugs & prostitution in the HCR area when I moved here 21 years ago (remember the Westcliff Sauna?). The decline of the area didn't begin with the bloke you voted for in 1997 & the so-called 'floodgates'. It began in the 1980s when Southend Council allowed what was effectively uncontrolled conversion of the nice big houses into flats. When the housing bubble burst in the early 90s, lots of folk lost their flats & the area became low-rent, along with the problems that brings. As for "gangs of immigrants" in HCR, that's complete hogwash and you know it. I live here and don't see them. I'd appreciate it if you'd come here and actually show me these marauding gangs of foreigners. You won't because you can't. To blame the area's ills solely on immigrants as you do is completely ignorant. Suggest in future you do your homework before you spout nonsense based upon nothing but personal prejudice. Frank Francis Grubb
  • Score: 0

11:03am Sun 26 Feb 12

EssexBoy1968 says...

Brunning999 - If "Horace Wimpole" does agree to show you these marauding gangs of foreigners in Hamlet Court Road, perhaps I could join you both....
Brunning999 - If "Horace Wimpole" does agree to show you these marauding gangs of foreigners in Hamlet Court Road, perhaps I could join you both.... EssexBoy1968
  • Score: 0

2:46pm Sun 26 Feb 12

ethel the frog says...

LewisP wrote:
Nick BURTON wrote:
This is what I call back to basics, this is the Southend I know and love ( thank god I live elsewhere )
Ditto
If your're glad you live elsewhere why come on here with your inane comments then?
[quote][p][bold]LewisP[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Nick BURTON[/bold] wrote: This is what I call back to basics, this is the Southend I know and love ( thank god I live elsewhere )[/p][/quote]Ditto[/p][/quote]If your're glad you live elsewhere why come on here with your inane comments then? ethel the frog
  • Score: 0

3:04pm Sun 26 Feb 12

Brunning999 says...

Francis Grubb wrote:
Brunning999 wrote:
Horace Wimpole wrote:
Get a grip you tired numpties.
Sorry mate but have you ever heard of the statement 'like a boot on the other foot'

However I do agree with you in one respect ' we certainly do need to get a grip of CRIMINAL immigrants who our useless and pathetic system seems to allow into the country'

And that is for the sake of all legal law abidding folk of any religion or culture living here.

Gangs of immigrants regardless of colour creating Crime, drugs and prostitution seems to be a feature that has evolved in Hamlet Court Road area since Blair opened the floodgates to mass immigration a feature in the 50's, 60's and 70's that was quite the reverse before they descended upon the area.

As a kid growing up there I can remember a high influx of Jews to the area after the war I cannot remember the crime and lawlessness as we suffer now I can only remember the area being 'up market' NOW LOOK AT IT!!!!
Rubbish, Clive! There was already crime, drugs & prostitution in the HCR area when I moved here 21 years ago (remember the Westcliff Sauna?).

The decline of the area didn't begin with the bloke you voted for in 1997 & the so-called 'floodgates'. It began in the 1980s when Southend Council allowed what was effectively uncontrolled conversion of the nice big houses into flats. When the housing bubble burst in the early 90s, lots of folk lost their flats & the area became low-rent, along with the problems that brings.

As for "gangs of immigrants" in HCR, that's complete hogwash and you know it. I live here and don't see them. I'd appreciate it if you'd come here and actually show me these marauding gangs of foreigners. You won't because you can't.

To blame the area's ills solely on immigrants as you do is completely ignorant. Suggest in future you do your homework before you spout nonsense based upon nothing but personal prejudice.

Frank
You see it thro the eyes of a failed labour member.

I see what I see thro the eyes of a completely non political person that has lived there for not a pathetic 20 years but over 60 years.

I know what I have seen for those years and do does most of the older folk, I am sure if you ask in private you will get the truth but in public they are afraid of being called racist's which also generates from Mr Blair time.
[quote][p][bold]Francis Grubb[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Brunning999[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Horace Wimpole[/bold] wrote: Get a grip you tired numpties.[/p][/quote]Sorry mate but have you ever heard of the statement 'like a boot on the other foot' However I do agree with you in one respect ' we certainly do need to get a grip of CRIMINAL immigrants who our useless and pathetic system seems to allow into the country' And that is for the sake of all legal law abidding folk of any religion or culture living here. Gangs of immigrants regardless of colour creating Crime, drugs and prostitution seems to be a feature that has evolved in Hamlet Court Road area since Blair opened the floodgates to mass immigration a feature in the 50's, 60's and 70's that was quite the reverse before they descended upon the area. As a kid growing up there I can remember a high influx of Jews to the area after the war I cannot remember the crime and lawlessness as we suffer now I can only remember the area being 'up market' NOW LOOK AT IT!!!![/p][/quote]Rubbish, Clive! There was already crime, drugs & prostitution in the HCR area when I moved here 21 years ago (remember the Westcliff Sauna?). The decline of the area didn't begin with the bloke you voted for in 1997 & the so-called 'floodgates'. It began in the 1980s when Southend Council allowed what was effectively uncontrolled conversion of the nice big houses into flats. When the housing bubble burst in the early 90s, lots of folk lost their flats & the area became low-rent, along with the problems that brings. As for "gangs of immigrants" in HCR, that's complete hogwash and you know it. I live here and don't see them. I'd appreciate it if you'd come here and actually show me these marauding gangs of foreigners. You won't because you can't. To blame the area's ills solely on immigrants as you do is completely ignorant. Suggest in future you do your homework before you spout nonsense based upon nothing but personal prejudice. Frank[/p][/quote]You see it thro the eyes of a failed labour member. I see what I see thro the eyes of a completely non political person that has lived there for not a pathetic 20 years but over 60 years. I know what I have seen for those years and do does most of the older folk, I am sure if you ask in private you will get the truth but in public they are afraid of being called racist's which also generates from Mr Blair time. Brunning999
  • Score: 0

4:04pm Sun 26 Feb 12

gardenman says...

its not known as Harlem Court Road for nothing
its not known as Harlem Court Road for nothing gardenman
  • Score: 0

4:21pm Sun 26 Feb 12

muffindamule says...

gardenman wrote:
its not known as Harlem Court Road for nothing
I don't mean to be rude but are you an avid gardener or simply a gnome ?
[quote][p][bold]gardenman[/bold] wrote: its not known as Harlem Court Road for nothing[/p][/quote]I don't mean to be rude but are you an avid gardener or simply a gnome ? muffindamule
  • Score: 0

5:35pm Sun 26 Feb 12

save southend says...

they may be the same blacks that come out of the alley in leamington and walk up to the park gates about lunchtime most days and sell drugs to the groups of lowlifes that wait for them and then walk off happy, or could be just avon sales team, rang the mr plod who's name was in the article to tell him but his assistant was not interested he was more interested to find out who i was , mind how you go!
they may be the same blacks that come out of the alley in leamington and walk up to the park gates about lunchtime most days and sell drugs to the groups of lowlifes that wait for them and then walk off happy, or could be just avon sales team, rang the mr plod who's name was in the article to tell him but his assistant was not interested he was more interested to find out who i was , mind how you go! save southend
  • Score: 0

7:17pm Sun 26 Feb 12

naughtyladyofshadylane says...

save southend I think its a disgrace that the police were not interested in a lead you were wanting to give them, and they should not be interested in you at all, as for crime stoppers you can be anon, and as the word says crime STOPPERS, not crime solvers after the horse has bolted ! Now if it was a motorist they would be there with bells ringing , blue lights flashing !! I hope the man is OK, was he knocked unconsious , I wonder as to he did not know the time the attack happened? N Burton where do you live now?? Why are you interested in southend news then?
save southend I think its a disgrace that the police were not interested in a lead you were wanting to give them, and they should not be interested in you at all, as for crime stoppers you can be anon, and as the word says crime STOPPERS, not crime solvers after the horse has bolted ! Now if it was a motorist they would be there with bells ringing , blue lights flashing !! I hope the man is OK, was he knocked unconsious , I wonder as to he did not know the time the attack happened? N Burton where do you live now?? Why are you interested in southend news then? naughtyladyofshadylane
  • Score: 0

7:24pm Sun 26 Feb 12

Francis Grubb says...

gardenman wrote:
its not known as Harlem Court Road for nothing
No, it's only known as that by pathetic fools who laugh at their own ignorant jokes.

Still working on that apology for the post of your where you said "I wish Stalin had killed more Poles post" ? It's taking a long time...

Frank
[quote][p][bold]gardenman[/bold] wrote: its not known as Harlem Court Road for nothing[/p][/quote]No, it's only known as that by pathetic fools who laugh at their own ignorant jokes. Still working on that apology for the post of your where you said "I wish Stalin had killed more Poles post" ? It's taking a long time... Frank Francis Grubb
  • Score: 0

7:32pm Sun 26 Feb 12

Francis Grubb says...

Brunning999 wrote:
Francis Grubb wrote:
Brunning999 wrote:
Horace Wimpole wrote:
Get a grip you tired numpties.
Sorry mate but have you ever heard of the statement 'like a boot on the other foot'

However I do agree with you in one respect ' we certainly do need to get a grip of CRIMINAL immigrants who our useless and pathetic system seems to allow into the country'

And that is for the sake of all legal law abidding folk of any religion or culture living here.

Gangs of immigrants regardless of colour creating Crime, drugs and prostitution seems to be a feature that has evolved in Hamlet Court Road area since Blair opened the floodgates to mass immigration a feature in the 50's, 60's and 70's that was quite the reverse before they descended upon the area.

As a kid growing up there I can remember a high influx of Jews to the area after the war I cannot remember the crime and lawlessness as we suffer now I can only remember the area being 'up market' NOW LOOK AT IT!!!!
Rubbish, Clive! There was already crime, drugs & prostitution in the HCR area when I moved here 21 years ago (remember the Westcliff Sauna?).

The decline of the area didn't begin with the bloke you voted for in 1997 & the so-called 'floodgates'. It began in the 1980s when Southend Council allowed what was effectively uncontrolled conversion of the nice big houses into flats. When the housing bubble burst in the early 90s, lots of folk lost their flats & the area became low-rent, along with the problems that brings.

As for "gangs of immigrants" in HCR, that's complete hogwash and you know it. I live here and don't see them. I'd appreciate it if you'd come here and actually show me these marauding gangs of foreigners. You won't because you can't.

To blame the area's ills solely on immigrants as you do is completely ignorant. Suggest in future you do your homework before you spout nonsense based upon nothing but personal prejudice.

Frank
You see it thro the eyes of a failed labour member.

I see what I see thro the eyes of a completely non political person that has lived there for not a pathetic 20 years but over 60 years.

I know what I have seen for those years and do does most of the older folk, I am sure if you ask in private you will get the truth but in public they are afraid of being called racist's which also generates from Mr Blair time.
60 years, Clive? That's funny; I thought you lived in Hockley these days. At least that's what you kept saying on here. Either way, you appear to have been economical with the truth.

To clarify your claim about me belonging to labour, I've never been a member of any political party or ever favoured one over another for any period of time.

Anyway, so where are these "gangs of immigrants" then?

Frank
[quote][p][bold]Brunning999[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Francis Grubb[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Brunning999[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Horace Wimpole[/bold] wrote: Get a grip you tired numpties.[/p][/quote]Sorry mate but have you ever heard of the statement 'like a boot on the other foot' However I do agree with you in one respect ' we certainly do need to get a grip of CRIMINAL immigrants who our useless and pathetic system seems to allow into the country' And that is for the sake of all legal law abidding folk of any religion or culture living here. Gangs of immigrants regardless of colour creating Crime, drugs and prostitution seems to be a feature that has evolved in Hamlet Court Road area since Blair opened the floodgates to mass immigration a feature in the 50's, 60's and 70's that was quite the reverse before they descended upon the area. As a kid growing up there I can remember a high influx of Jews to the area after the war I cannot remember the crime and lawlessness as we suffer now I can only remember the area being 'up market' NOW LOOK AT IT!!!![/p][/quote]Rubbish, Clive! There was already crime, drugs & prostitution in the HCR area when I moved here 21 years ago (remember the Westcliff Sauna?). The decline of the area didn't begin with the bloke you voted for in 1997 & the so-called 'floodgates'. It began in the 1980s when Southend Council allowed what was effectively uncontrolled conversion of the nice big houses into flats. When the housing bubble burst in the early 90s, lots of folk lost their flats & the area became low-rent, along with the problems that brings. As for "gangs of immigrants" in HCR, that's complete hogwash and you know it. I live here and don't see them. I'd appreciate it if you'd come here and actually show me these marauding gangs of foreigners. You won't because you can't. To blame the area's ills solely on immigrants as you do is completely ignorant. Suggest in future you do your homework before you spout nonsense based upon nothing but personal prejudice. Frank[/p][/quote]You see it thro the eyes of a failed labour member. I see what I see thro the eyes of a completely non political person that has lived there for not a pathetic 20 years but over 60 years. I know what I have seen for those years and do does most of the older folk, I am sure if you ask in private you will get the truth but in public they are afraid of being called racist's which also generates from Mr Blair time.[/p][/quote]60 years, Clive? That's funny; I thought you lived in Hockley these days. At least that's what you kept saying on here. Either way, you appear to have been economical with the truth. To clarify your claim about me belonging to labour, I've never been a member of any political party or ever favoured one over another for any period of time. Anyway, so where are these "gangs of immigrants" then? Frank Francis Grubb
  • Score: 0

8:31pm Sun 26 Feb 12

Nebs says...

You generally speak a lot of sense, but this statement does not seem to be supported by the facts: To clarify your claim about me belonging to labour, I've never been a member of any political party or ever favoured one over another for any period of time.
.
Francis Grubb says...
7:46am Fri 7 May 10
.
anon anon wrote:
rather a baboon with a blue rosette than a c..k with a red one...
.
I'd have voted for a chick with a red one...

Frank
You generally speak a lot of sense, but this statement does not seem to be supported by the facts: To clarify your claim about me belonging to labour, I've never been a member of any political party or ever favoured one over another for any period of time. . Francis Grubb says... 7:46am Fri 7 May 10 . anon anon wrote: rather a baboon with a blue rosette than a c..k with a red one... . I'd have voted for a chick with a red one... Frank Nebs
  • Score: 0

9:28pm Sun 26 Feb 12

Francis Grubb says...

Nebs wrote:
You generally speak a lot of sense, but this statement does not seem to be supported by the facts: To clarify your claim about me belonging to labour, I've never been a member of any political party or ever favoured one over another for any period of time.
.
Francis Grubb says...
7:46am Fri 7 May 10
.
anon anon wrote:
rather a baboon with a blue rosette than a c..k with a red one...
.
I'd have voted for a chick with a red one...

Frank
Good bit of fishing indeed, Nebs! That said, just read that old post again and if you can spot the fact it was a mere play on words...

Frank
[quote][p][bold]Nebs[/bold] wrote: You generally speak a lot of sense, but this statement does not seem to be supported by the facts: To clarify your claim about me belonging to labour, I've never been a member of any political party or ever favoured one over another for any period of time. . Francis Grubb says... 7:46am Fri 7 May 10 . anon anon wrote: rather a baboon with a blue rosette than a c..k with a red one... . I'd have voted for a chick with a red one... Frank[/p][/quote]Good bit of fishing indeed, Nebs! That said, just read that old post again and if you can spot the fact it was a mere play on words... Frank Francis Grubb
  • Score: 0

9:40pm Sun 26 Feb 12

Skymaster says...

As I have said so many times before 'There will be no cutbacks to front-line services!! I have decided at the next general election not to vote for any of the three main parties, if we all do this, then maybe, just maybe, they will start to listen to the law abiding public.
As I have said so many times before 'There will be no cutbacks to front-line services!! I have decided at the next general election not to vote for any of the three main parties, if we all do this, then maybe, just maybe, they will start to listen to the law abiding public. Skymaster
  • Score: 0

9:59pm Sun 26 Feb 12

Nebs says...

Skymaster wrote:
As I have said so many times before 'There will be no cutbacks to front-line services!! I have decided at the next general election not to vote for any of the three main parties, if we all do this, then maybe, just maybe, they will start to listen to the law abiding public.
If Scotland get their independence in 2014 then the 2015 election result is a foregone conclusion.
[quote][p][bold]Skymaster[/bold] wrote: As I have said so many times before 'There will be no cutbacks to front-line services!! I have decided at the next general election not to vote for any of the three main parties, if we all do this, then maybe, just maybe, they will start to listen to the law abiding public.[/p][/quote]If Scotland get their independence in 2014 then the 2015 election result is a foregone conclusion. Nebs
  • Score: 0

3:34am Mon 27 Feb 12

sav25 says...

Just to throw a spanner in Frank's politically correct opinion (it is after all, only his opinion)...if the world of crime is so racially even...how comes the Met Police have set up operation Trident to focus on BLACK gun crime? Surely this was motivated by statistics? Here's a quote "Operation Trident or Trident, is a Metropolitan Police Service unit set up to investigate and inform people about black gun crime, with special attention being placed on shootings relating to the illegal sale of drugs"
Just to throw a spanner in Frank's politically correct opinion (it is after all, only his opinion)...if the world of crime is so racially even...how comes the Met Police have set up operation Trident to focus on BLACK gun crime? Surely this was motivated by statistics? Here's a quote "Operation Trident or Trident, is a Metropolitan Police Service unit set up to investigate and inform people about black gun crime, with special attention being placed on shootings relating to the illegal sale of drugs" sav25
  • Score: 0

7:14am Mon 27 Feb 12

Brunning999 says...

Francis Grubb actually I quite admire some of your comments, and collective observations.
Have you ever stopped to think that it is possible to be born in an area and to grow up in an area, then to act in a responsible manner unlike many welfare dependent people by visiting elderly parents on a daily basis to ensure there attitude of being proud and not dependent on the state is maintained?
I believe that qualifies anyone for knowing everything about the area, and seeing how truly awful it has become.

You are correct I have voted both Labour and Tory, because I have always believed in what is right and correct at that petiod of history, which has led me to despise what Welfare dependency encouraged by Labour has reduced us to, however this current Government are useless.
Francis Grubb actually I quite admire some of your comments, and collective observations. Have you ever stopped to think that it is possible to be born in an area and to grow up in an area, then to act in a responsible manner unlike many welfare dependent people by visiting elderly parents on a daily basis to ensure there attitude of being proud and not dependent on the state is maintained? I believe that qualifies anyone for knowing everything about the area, and seeing how truly awful it has become. You are correct I have voted both Labour and Tory, because I have always believed in what is right and correct at that petiod of history, which has led me to despise what Welfare dependency encouraged by Labour has reduced us to, however this current Government are useless. Brunning999
  • Score: 0

7:16am Mon 27 Feb 12

Brunning999 says...

Ps who the hell is Clive?
Ps who the hell is Clive? Brunning999
  • Score: 0

7:40am Mon 27 Feb 12

A Dad says...

All those who voted for Tony Blair and and his hidden immigration policies, i.e. let everyone in who might vote labour, can now see the results of those policies on their own doorsteps. . . we must never forgive and forget how they have destroyed our tolerant and peaceful society!
All those who voted for Tony Blair and and his hidden immigration policies, i.e. let everyone in who might vote labour, can now see the results of those policies on their own doorsteps. . . we must never forgive and forget how they have destroyed our tolerant and peaceful society! A Dad
  • Score: 0

8:09am Mon 27 Feb 12

Bosniavet says...

I live near Hamlet Court Rd, my parents still live in the house that they bought in 1977 when we movd to the area, & I have noticed that the area has changed for the worse over that time. Obviously, I have lived & worked elsewhere over the years, & realise that this decline is not unique to Southend, but apparently endemic in this country. Something needs to be done to "win back" our towns & cities from this terminal decline & widespread lawlessness that we see evry day. A good start would be the application of the law of the land on all, regardless of race, creed, origin, culture or religion. We need the authorities to come down hard on criminality, and bring back a respect for laws, rules & customs that are being so blatantly ignored. Everybody has a part to play, make it known that the behaviour we see whenever we dare to venture outside the comfort of our homes is not acceptable in a decent civilised society.
Mind you, if the judicial system actually jailed people for crimes & made the ounishment fit the crime that would help immeasurably.
I am fearful that the longer this decline goes on, the more risk there is of people turning to extremist groups which will ultimately make things even worse.
I live near Hamlet Court Rd, my parents still live in the house that they bought in 1977 when we movd to the area, & I have noticed that the area has changed for the worse over that time. Obviously, I have lived & worked elsewhere over the years, & realise that this decline is not unique to Southend, but apparently endemic in this country. Something needs to be done to "win back" our towns & cities from this terminal decline & widespread lawlessness that we see evry day. A good start would be the application of the law of the land on all, regardless of race, creed, origin, culture or religion. We need the authorities to come down hard on criminality, and bring back a respect for laws, rules & customs that are being so blatantly ignored. Everybody has a part to play, make it known that the behaviour we see whenever we dare to venture outside the comfort of our homes is not acceptable in a decent civilised society. Mind you, if the judicial system actually jailed people for crimes & made the ounishment fit the crime that would help immeasurably. I am fearful that the longer this decline goes on, the more risk there is of people turning to extremist groups which will ultimately make things even worse. Bosniavet
  • Score: 0

12:28pm Mon 27 Feb 12

austiali says...

save southend wrote:
they may be the same blacks that come out of the alley in leamington and walk up to the park gates about lunchtime most days and sell drugs to the groups of lowlifes that wait for them and then walk off happy, or could be just avon sales team, rang the mr plod who's name was in the article to tell him but his assistant was not interested he was more interested to find out who i was , mind how you go!
save southend, you may be interested to know that the Kursaal Neighbourhood Panel is this evening. Plaza Centre, Southchurch Rd starts at 7pm. All welcome - it's attended by police and council and a good place to give them information relating to events happening in our Ward.
[quote][p][bold]save southend[/bold] wrote: they may be the same blacks that come out of the alley in leamington and walk up to the park gates about lunchtime most days and sell drugs to the groups of lowlifes that wait for them and then walk off happy, or could be just avon sales team, rang the mr plod who's name was in the article to tell him but his assistant was not interested he was more interested to find out who i was , mind how you go![/p][/quote]save southend, you may be interested to know that the Kursaal Neighbourhood Panel is this evening. Plaza Centre, Southchurch Rd starts at 7pm. All welcome - it's attended by police and council and a good place to give them information relating to events happening in our Ward. austiali
  • Score: 0

12:51pm Mon 27 Feb 12

naughtyladyofshadylane says...

i understand what you are saying but the person already tried to give the info, he she may not have time to attend a meeting, so phoned, that should be good enough. bosniavet totally agree but reckon you can say all that till you are blue in the face. Keep trying though, I do.
i understand what you are saying but the person already tried to give the info, he she may not have time to attend a meeting, so phoned, that should be good enough. bosniavet totally agree but reckon you can say all that till you are blue in the face. Keep trying though, I do. naughtyladyofshadylane
  • Score: 0

2:05pm Mon 27 Feb 12

austiali says...

naughtyladyofshadyla
ne
wrote:
i understand what you are saying but the person already tried to give the info, he she may not have time to attend a meeting, so phoned, that should be good enough. bosniavet totally agree but reckon you can say all that till you are blue in the face. Keep trying though, I do.
A phone call to the police isn't enough - phone messages get lost. If you're "too busy" to attend meetings that are important to your area then don't moan that nothing is being done to tackle crime. A couple of hours every other month to keep the local police up to speed with drug dealing and prostitution is not a lot of time. I work in London and go straight from the station to these meetings (my children have to have ready meals on these evenings). I manage, you should too if you're neighbourhood is important to you!
[quote][p][bold]naughtyladyofshadyla ne[/bold] wrote: i understand what you are saying but the person already tried to give the info, he she may not have time to attend a meeting, so phoned, that should be good enough. bosniavet totally agree but reckon you can say all that till you are blue in the face. Keep trying though, I do.[/p][/quote]A phone call to the police isn't enough - phone messages get lost. If you're "too busy" to attend meetings that are important to your area then don't moan that nothing is being done to tackle crime. A couple of hours every other month to keep the local police up to speed with drug dealing and prostitution is not a lot of time. I work in London and go straight from the station to these meetings (my children have to have ready meals on these evenings). I manage, you should too if you're neighbourhood is important to you! austiali
  • Score: 0

6:43pm Mon 27 Feb 12

Seasider90 says...

London councils policy of moving their tenants to Essex seems to be working just fine. Expect more gangs, more social problems, more drugs and thank your local politicans for the continual mass immigration. Funny how the politicans on the whole live well away from the estates and rough areas. Yes there are the English chav gangs but we're now lumbered with London's criminals as well.
London councils policy of moving their tenants to Essex seems to be working just fine. Expect more gangs, more social problems, more drugs and thank your local politicans for the continual mass immigration. Funny how the politicans on the whole live well away from the estates and rough areas. Yes there are the English chav gangs but we're now lumbered with London's criminals as well. Seasider90
  • Score: 0

8:08pm Mon 27 Feb 12

Francis Grubb says...

Brunning999 wrote:
Ps who the hell is Clive?
Clive = EvilC = El caballero de la noche = Brunning999

Not difficult to spot the same themes & pet subjects, same phraseology, style of writing and so on.

Still, don't worry; I shan't let on. Our little secret, right? ;)

Frank
[quote][p][bold]Brunning999[/bold] wrote: Ps who the hell is Clive?[/p][/quote]Clive = EvilC = El caballero de la noche = Brunning999 Not difficult to spot the same themes & pet subjects, same phraseology, style of writing and so on. Still, don't worry; I shan't let on. Our little secret, right? ;) Frank Francis Grubb
  • Score: 0

8:17pm Mon 27 Feb 12

Francis Grubb says...

sav25 wrote:
Just to throw a spanner in Frank's politically correct opinion (it is after all, only his opinion)...if the world of crime is so racially even...how comes the Met Police have set up operation Trident to focus on BLACK gun crime? Surely this was motivated by statistics? Here's a quote "Operation Trident or Trident, is a Metropolitan Police Service unit set up to investigate and inform people about black gun crime, with special attention being placed on shootings relating to the illegal sale of drugs"
Nice try Sav25, but I'll think you'll find the Met Police only look after London and set up Trident to address the high incidence of black gun crime in London.

If, as you seem to ludicrously imply, there were a link between black people in general & gun crime, you'd have a national strategy to deal with it, not just one restricted to the capital.

The issues behind Trident are cultural and localised. No way in a sane person's mind could they *ever* be considered racial or genetic.

Here's your spanner back...

Frank
[quote][p][bold]sav25[/bold] wrote: Just to throw a spanner in Frank's politically correct opinion (it is after all, only his opinion)...if the world of crime is so racially even...how comes the Met Police have set up operation Trident to focus on BLACK gun crime? Surely this was motivated by statistics? Here's a quote "Operation Trident or Trident, is a Metropolitan Police Service unit set up to investigate and inform people about black gun crime, with special attention being placed on shootings relating to the illegal sale of drugs"[/p][/quote]Nice try Sav25, but I'll think you'll find the Met Police only look after London and set up Trident to address the high incidence of black gun crime in London. If, as you seem to ludicrously imply, there were a link between black people in general & gun crime, you'd have a national strategy to deal with it, not just one restricted to the capital. The issues behind Trident are cultural and localised. No way in a sane person's mind could they *ever* be considered racial or genetic. Here's your spanner back... Frank Francis Grubb
  • Score: 0

9:34pm Mon 27 Feb 12

naughtyladyofshadylane says...

austiali, I again get what you are saying, however to air your concerns in public, and maybe suffer the consequences, no thanks. I prefer the idea of a phone call anyday, email even, sorta like airing your concerns privately. What makes you think because its all done publically the police take more notice, they should take notice of/by any means of contact! Phone messages get lost you say, I dont think this was the other commenters objection, they basically were not very interested , was the way i read it! I also have on my mobile my local beat bobby, so could call them. A favourite of mine is to write to my M P too!! I have no objection to your kids having to have ready meals, I do it often ! My neighbourhood is very important to me, I am the only one who does fix my street when a light is out or a bollard knocked over. I have championed the reduction of speed in my road too, to no avail there I have to say. I am not a lazy person, and I dont give up easily!! However its like banging your head against a brick wall with the judiciary, till they get their backside in gear we will have problems, also till then its hardly worth the police catching their man/men. When you think about it, can you blame them for not being bothered??
austiali, I again get what you are saying, however to air your concerns in public, and maybe suffer the consequences, no thanks. I prefer the idea of a phone call anyday, email even, sorta like airing your concerns privately. What makes you think because its all done publically the police take more notice, they should take notice of/by any means of contact! Phone messages get lost you say, I dont think this was the other commenters objection, they basically were not very interested , was the way i read it! I also have on my mobile my local beat bobby, so could call them. A favourite of mine is to write to my M P too!! I have no objection to your kids having to have ready meals, I do it often ! My neighbourhood is very important to me, I am the only one who does fix my street when a light is out or a bollard knocked over. I have championed the reduction of speed in my road too, to no avail there I have to say. I am not a lazy person, and I dont give up easily!! However its like banging your head against a brick wall with the judiciary, till they get their backside in gear we will have problems, also till then its hardly worth the police catching their man/men. When you think about it, can you blame them for not being bothered?? naughtyladyofshadylane
  • Score: 0

1:43pm Tue 28 Feb 12

sjlock says...

Francis Grubb wrote:
Ah bless - the ignorant & illiterate are out with their enlightening "comments" as they've spotted the fact the thugs were black.

Curious how these same bigots hardly ever comment when the criminals are white. Almost as if the most important thing here is that we have black people committing a crime rather than focussing on the crime or victim. Strange that.

Hope the victim gets over the ordeal quickly.

Frank
I agree with Francis. I hate it when ignorant people jump on the fact that the criminals were black.
what does matter is the fact that there are immoral selfish thugs roaming the streets and not the colour of the thugs. I know of loads of muggings and other crimes that have been committed by white people.
I haven't got a problem with immigrants living in this country if they come with view to getting work because if I was their situation I would probably do the same in order to live a decent life and provide for my family. Some aren't as lucky with their economic situation in their country. and I think that there is only more crime because there are more people to commit crime since more people are now living in this country and not because there are foreigners living in this country.
[quote][p][bold]Francis Grubb[/bold] wrote: Ah bless - the ignorant & illiterate are out with their enlightening "comments" as they've spotted the fact the thugs were black. Curious how these same bigots hardly ever comment when the criminals are white. Almost as if the most important thing here is that we have black people committing a crime rather than focussing on the crime or victim. Strange that. Hope the victim gets over the ordeal quickly. Frank[/p][/quote]I agree with Francis. I hate it when ignorant people jump on the fact that the criminals were black. what does matter is the fact that there are immoral selfish thugs roaming the streets and not the colour of the thugs. I know of loads of muggings and other crimes that have been committed by white people. I haven't got a problem with immigrants living in this country if they come with view to getting work because if I was their situation I would probably do the same in order to live a decent life and provide for my family. Some aren't as lucky with their economic situation in their country. and I think that there is only more crime because there are more people to commit crime since more people are now living in this country and not because there are foreigners living in this country. sjlock
  • Score: 0

3:33pm Tue 28 Feb 12

naughtyladyofshadylane says...

yes but surely the "more people to commit crime" are foreigners , No?
yes but surely the "more people to commit crime" are foreigners , No? naughtyladyofshadylane
  • Score: 0

3:37pm Tue 28 Feb 12

sjlock says...

I don't know what the statistics are but even if there were more foreigners commiting crime that doesn't mean we should tar them with the same brush. I know that there are plenty of decent honest foreigners living in this country. The ones who commit the crimes unfortunately spoil their reputation.
I don't know what the statistics are but even if there were more foreigners commiting crime that doesn't mean we should tar them with the same brush. I know that there are plenty of decent honest foreigners living in this country. The ones who commit the crimes unfortunately spoil their reputation. sjlock
  • Score: 0

4:12pm Tue 28 Feb 12

naughtyladyofshadylane says...

oh yes agreed, and there are a lot of decent white people too, I like to think I am one ! the majority tho I reckon spoil it for the minority, whether foreign or not ! would love to know the stats of whites and foreign living in southend, and I mean all the places, that come under southend.
oh yes agreed, and there are a lot of decent white people too, I like to think I am one ! the majority tho I reckon spoil it for the minority, whether foreign or not ! would love to know the stats of whites and foreign living in southend, and I mean all the places, that come under southend. naughtyladyofshadylane
  • Score: 0

2:20pm Wed 29 Feb 12

hanmee says...

Moved out 4 years ago and never looked back. Southend is full of crime and it is a disgrace that the police won't even listen to information
Moved out 4 years ago and never looked back. Southend is full of crime and it is a disgrace that the police won't even listen to information hanmee
  • Score: 0

2:41pm Wed 29 Feb 12

naughtyladyofshadylane says...

where do you live now then out of interest
where do you live now then out of interest naughtyladyofshadylane
  • Score: 0

2:41pm Wed 29 Feb 12

naughtyladyofshadylane says...

where do you live now then out of interest
where do you live now then out of interest naughtyladyofshadylane
  • Score: 0

2:44pm Wed 29 Feb 12

austiali says...

naughtyladyofshadyla
ne
wrote:
austiali, I again get what you are saying, however to air your concerns in public, and maybe suffer the consequences, no thanks. I prefer the idea of a phone call anyday, email even, sorta like airing your concerns privately. What makes you think because its all done publically the police take more notice, they should take notice of/by any means of contact! Phone messages get lost you say, I dont think this was the other commenters objection, they basically were not very interested , was the way i read it! I also have on my mobile my local beat bobby, so could call them. A favourite of mine is to write to my M P too!! I have no objection to your kids having to have ready meals, I do it often ! My neighbourhood is very important to me, I am the only one who does fix my street when a light is out or a bollard knocked over. I have championed the reduction of speed in my road too, to no avail there I have to say. I am not a lazy person, and I dont give up easily!! However its like banging your head against a brick wall with the judiciary, till they get their backside in gear we will have problems, also till then its hardly worth the police catching their man/men. When you think about it, can you blame them for not being bothered??
I attended the meeting on Monday evening and there was only 4 tenants out of a possible 15,000. That's pretty shabby on our part I think.
[quote][p][bold]naughtyladyofshadyla ne[/bold] wrote: austiali, I again get what you are saying, however to air your concerns in public, and maybe suffer the consequences, no thanks. I prefer the idea of a phone call anyday, email even, sorta like airing your concerns privately. What makes you think because its all done publically the police take more notice, they should take notice of/by any means of contact! Phone messages get lost you say, I dont think this was the other commenters objection, they basically were not very interested , was the way i read it! I also have on my mobile my local beat bobby, so could call them. A favourite of mine is to write to my M P too!! I have no objection to your kids having to have ready meals, I do it often ! My neighbourhood is very important to me, I am the only one who does fix my street when a light is out or a bollard knocked over. I have championed the reduction of speed in my road too, to no avail there I have to say. I am not a lazy person, and I dont give up easily!! However its like banging your head against a brick wall with the judiciary, till they get their backside in gear we will have problems, also till then its hardly worth the police catching their man/men. When you think about it, can you blame them for not being bothered??[/p][/quote]I attended the meeting on Monday evening and there was only 4 tenants out of a possible 15,000. That's pretty shabby on our part I think. austiali
  • Score: 0

3:00pm Wed 29 Feb 12

naughtyladyofshadylane says...

I am not one of your area ! Interested to know which police and councillors attended tho ? Was it worth going would you say?
I am not one of your area ! Interested to know which police and councillors attended tho ? Was it worth going would you say? naughtyladyofshadylane
  • Score: 0

4:50pm Wed 29 Feb 12

hanmee says...

Hornchurch. I actually lived in Rayleigh but spent so much time in Southend as a teenager and decided I didn't want my kids to do the same!
Hornchurch. I actually lived in Rayleigh but spent so much time in Southend as a teenager and decided I didn't want my kids to do the same! hanmee
  • Score: 0

6:22pm Wed 29 Feb 12

naughtyladyofshadylane says...

Is there no crime there at all? Lovely if there in't. I spent more time in Billericay, and considered that a nice place to live, but I fear nice or not there is crime everywhere!
Is there no crime there at all? Lovely if there in't. I spent more time in Billericay, and considered that a nice place to live, but I fear nice or not there is crime everywhere! naughtyladyofshadylane
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree