Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting ECHONEWS to 80360, or email us »
Cigarette butt causes flat blaze
A MAN was left suffering smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in his flat.
The blaze at the home in Whitmore Court in Whitmore Way, Basildon is believed to have started after a cigarette butt caught light.
The blaze spread and the man was able to get out safely as fire crews arrived.
Firefighters spent around 20-minutes putting out the fire and clearing the smoke following the blaze just before 9pm on Monday.