Elderly woman suffers smoke inhalation following Billericay fire

First published in News

AN ELDERLY woman was taken to hospital after her electrical heater caught fire.

Firefighters from Basildon and Billericay were called to the blaze on Newlands Road, Billericay, just before 4.10pm this afternoon.

They successfully extinguished the fire at around 4.30pm and confirmed the building as safe.

The woman in her 70s was treated for smoke inhalation by fire crew at the scene, before being left in the care of paramedics.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree