Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting ECHONEWS to 80360, or email us »
Blaze in Southend kitchen after chip pan left unattended
8:11am Saturday 11th August 2012 in Southend
A BLAZE broke out in a kitchen after a chip pan was left unattended in the early hours of the morning.
Officers from Southend fire station were called the house in York Road, Southend, at around 4am on Saturday.
By the time they arrived at the scene the male tenant had noticed the flames and began to extinguish them himself.
He did not sustain any injuries during the incident, but the kitchen was left considerably damaged.
Comments are closed on this article.