Premier Division League Cup

Bowers & Pitsea (Vichouse) took the lead against Hutton Old Boys but bowed out of the competition as the visitors replied three times. Also progressing are Shenfield who won 3-1 at Springfield.

Premier Division

Little Thurrock Dynamos took advantage of Hutton Old Boys being in cup action to go top of the table thanks to a 4-1 win at Sungate. Mark Hume scored for White Notley to earn a point against Met Police Chigwell whose reply came from Stuart Jones.

Division One League Cup

A goal from Manford Way’s new signing was not enough to prevent them slipping to their first defeat of the season as Patrick Fairman, Mathew Groom, Jeremy Riches and Nick Wright scored for Old Chelmsfordians.

Division One

Finishing was the issue for Britannia and Old Parmiterians with both sides missing a host of chances.

Darren Mendez-Bailey finally solved the puzzle, tricking his way past two Britannia defenders before firing in from an acute angle to give Old Parmiterians the points.

It was not without a fright though as Britannia who played the last 20 minutes with nine players piled on the pressure looking for an equaliser.

Leaders Chipping Ongar dropped their first points of the season as they shared four goals with Beacon Hill Rovers.

Division Two East

Tillingham Hotspur looked like preserving their one hundred per cent record as they led at half time against Dunmow Rhodes.

The visitors came back strongly in the second half with goals from Andrew Fontenard and a David Badham penalty to claim all three points.

Hawkwell Athletic took full advantage of Tillingham’s slip up to go top as they thrashed visitors Herongate Athletic Reserves 8-1 thanks to a hat trick from the Division’s leading goal scorer Wayne Macpherson, two from Trevor Sallery, and one each from both their new signings and Lee Miller.

Leigh Ramblers twice led against FOBS (East Hanningfield) thanks to Lee Donoghue and Lachlan McDonald, but the visitors fought back with Dave Alexander and Ian Muir earning FOBS their first point since the opening day of the season.

In the other game in the Division White Ensign beat Sporting Club Woodham 2-.

Division Two West

West Essex gave their goal difference a massive boost as they hammered neighbours Ryan by nine goals to nil. Michael Jones led the way with four goals, West Essex’ new signing getting three and single strikes from Ken Bonsu and Jason Richards doing the damage.

Harold Wood Athletic are close on the leader’s tail after a 3-2 win at Blackmore Royals. The visitors' goals came from Paul Preece 2 and James Prue.

Collier Row are up to third as they hit Little Thurrock Dynamos Reserves for six thanks to Niki Hunte 3, Mark Raybould 2 and Kevin Edwards.

The hosts replied through Rob Clarke and Stuart Gibson. Maidonians picked up their first point of the season as a result of the three all draw at Old Parmiterians Reserves.

Division Three League Cup

Lee Barnby, David French and Stephen Hales all scored for Runwell Town as they defeated Hornminster whose sole reply came from Scott Enever. Writtle earned their place in the next round a result of the 3-0 win over Sanders.

Division Three East

Great Baddow beat Blackmore Royals Reserves 4-1 to go top of the table. Chelmer Vets picked up their first win of the season thanks to Simon Clarke 2, Paul Dexter and Mark Ashford against Peverel.

A second half goal from Miles Keeble of Silver End United was enough to give his side a point at the morning’s leaders Shenfield Reserves.

Division Three South

Two Anthony Clarke strikes for Benfleet accounted for Ford Basildon.

Hockley & Hawkwell won for the first time this season beating Cricketers Horndon Saxons Reserves 7-3.

Matthew Lansley 3, Jon Ward 2, Mark Hope and Terry Baker scored for Hockley & Hawkwell. Leigh Town recovered from their mauling last time out as Robert Scholes 3 and Lee Wines 2 gave them a 5-2 win at Sporting Club Woodham Reserves.

Division Three West

Westhamians took the lead in the Division as Danny Evans 2, Billy Powell 2 and Jason Beackon scored at Met Police Chigwell whose replies came from Stuart Wilson, Mark Reed and Russell Miller.

Rainham Working Mens Club scored three times without reply against Debden Sports to gain their first win of the season, William Fitt and Paringdon finished goal less.

Division Four League Cup

Nine was a sad number for Hannakins Farm Reserves as they turned up at West Essex Reserves with this number of players.

The hosts then rubbed salt into the wounds by scoring nine times via Damien Friel 3, David Ludlow 2, Demir Mustafa 2, Paul Cox and Peter Skinner, whilst David Sutherland managed a consolation for the visitors.

Another side to score nine were Doddinghurst Olympic thanks to Trevor Sharpling 3, Robert Pritchard 2, Steve Fletcher 2 and Colin O’Neill this against Horndon.

The unusual thing about this game was Horndon scored three times themselves to force extra time before Doddinghurst stepped up a gear.

Fulbrook Royals also needed extra time against White Notley Reserves but this game was a lot closer.

White Notley led at half time thanks to Kevin Moore but the hosts hit back via Ian Aldridge and Dave Newbery.

An Andrew Doble strike was not enough for Newport at Hutton Old Boys Reserves as the hosts scored four times in reply.

Runwell Hospital also progressed thanks to a 2-0 win over Lowhall Division Four East Ludlows maintained their 100 per cent league record due to a 4-2 victory over third placed Rayleigh.

Academy Soccer picked by their first point of the season courtesy of a 2-2 draw at Old Chelmsfordians Reserves.

Division Four West.

This Division remains incredibly tight with one point separating the top five. Hatfield Broad Oak’s 2-2 drew at Hornchurch was enough to put them top.

Their goals came from Nick Blackman-Hayward and a John Newman penalty while the hosts replied through Richard Porter and Steve Ware A solitary strike from Josef Kollar was enough to give Harold Wood Athletic Reserves all three points at Old Parmiterians A.