Interview with East Thurrock manager John Coventry following the 2-0 win over Enfield Town can be found here:

EAST Thurrock manager John Coventry was happy to see his side return to winning ways with a dominant - if at times wasteful - display against a visiting Enfield Town side.

Goals in the first half from the impressive Sam Collins and one from David Bryant on a promising debut sealed victory to banish the disappointing New Year's Day defeat at Canvey.

Enfield hit the woodwork twice but their own goal led a charmed life as they were well beaten.

Coventry said: "We did a lot of talking at training on Thursday night and we've had a reaction here today.

"They've taken on board all the stuff we spoke about and they've put it into practice here today and they've got their rewards."

It left Rocks eight points off the top five, but Coventry was not getting carried away with a charge for the play-off places.

He said: "I don't know - it would be nice if we could but all I'm looking at is the three points here today. I'm nearer to getting players back and once they are all back we'll see where we are."

Enfield almost took a fourth minute lead in bizarre fashion as Rocks were caught static from a quickly-taken free-kick, which was pumped forward by Jordan Lockie for Liam Hope to guide an unmarked header against the bar.

Rocks went very close themselves on nine minutes as Collins cut inside his man and crossed from the right, only for L'Heureux Menga to put an unchallenged header down and inches wide of the post.

But they were ahead in the 17th minute as Ross Parmenter's measured ball over the top put Reiss Gilbey clear in the box and he cut it back for Collins to side foot inside the post. It was a lovely move.

Bryant - brought in from Braintree Town - headed a good chance wide from Tom Stephen's cross following a nice over-lap on to Collins' pass, 10 minutes before the interval.

And they should have doubled their advantage five minutes later when Bryant played Collins in on goal, but he fired straight at keeper Noel Imber.

They got the second goal their dominance deserved seconds later, though, as Liam Burgess crossed from the right and Bryant forced home the rebound after his initial shot had been blocked by Imber.

The hosts were given a warning sign seconds after the restart as former pro Scott McGleish hit the post from close range and then had his follow-up saved by Elliot Justham.

But Rocks asserted control again after that and Collins flashed a shot narrowly over following some neat approach play on the hour mark.

Collins could easily have already had a hat-trick by the time he slalomed through the visitors' defence and drew a good save from Imber on 68 minutes.

The siege continued as Menga had a long-range effort pushed wide by Imber, but the third goal would not come.

And they almost opened themselves up for a nervy finish when Joe O'Brien drew a good low save from Justham with a header.

Play returned to it's normal pattern when Gilbey's give-and-go paved the way for Collins to drag a shot wide in the closing stages.

East Thurrock: Justham, Sammons, Peddie, Wood. Stephen, Burgess, Parmenter (Ruel 84), Gilbey, Bryant (Lawson 75), Collins, Menga (Mason 90).

Echo MOM: Sam Collins (East Thurrock)