SOUTHEND’S Terry George got the Independent Boxing Union show off to a flying start with a TKO win over Stanford le Hope fighter Lee Westbrook.

A flurry of punches late in the first round from George had Westbrook on the back foot at Southend's Legends nightclub.

He repeated the feat in the second and had Westbrook hanging out of the ring before the referee stopped the contest.

Terry George (black and yellow shorts) v Lee Westbrook (red/black)

Stanford’s Chris Beatson recovered from a standing eight count in the first round to win by a referee’s decision against Southend’s John Samuels.

The Southend fighter dropped Beatson with a right but he recovered and bloodied Samuels’ nose before taking the verdict after a hard-fought three rounds.

Chris Beaton (black/gold) v John Samuels (black/white)

Independent Boxing Union promoter Sam Stokes used his height advantage to beat Gatwick’s Daryl Summers on a referee’s decision.

The Basildon fighter used plenty of body shots against his Sussex rival before clinching the bout with a string of combination punches late in the third round.

Sam Stokes (white) v Daryl Summers (black/pink)

Southend’s Scott Honeywell had a walkover as his scheduled Wigan rival Danny Dunne did not show up for the fight.

Canvey’s Aaron McFarlane bloodied Basildon fighter Ben Martin’s nose in the first round but ended up on the wrong end of a referee’s decision. The second round was pretty even but Martin controlled the third from the centre of the ring.

Alan Hopking took the referee’s verdict after three rounds against Stanford’s Liam Bates.

The Stanford fighter nearly ended up out of the ring during a cagey first round but Basildon’s Hopking did enough in the remaining two rounds to get the nod.

Alan Hopking (black/white) v Liam Bates (yellow/black)

Southend’s Ollie Pinnock enjoyed a TKO victory over Maldon rival Steve Corness.

Pinnock controlled the opening round and was landing bruising body shots after getting Corness on the ropes in the second when his corner threw the towel in.