GLENN Tamplin admits defender Elliot Kebbie is unlikely to play for Billericay Town again.

The versatile full-back, who has made just three appearances since signing for the club, has not played since the 5-0 win against Thamesmead Town in the FA Cup second qualifying round replay on September 19.

The former Atletico Madrid defender has been attending training sessions and match days, despite not being included in a squad since the win over Thamesmead.

And Tamplin said Kebbie has rejected a severance pay-off offered by the club.

“Elliot Kebbie doesn’t fit into this team,” said the Billericay manager and owner.

“He is a lovely lad but just doesn’t fit into the team.

“Last year I had players under contract and I paid them their contract and they left. I offered Elliot a pay-off and he hasn’t accepted it.

“I am still paying him so he has chosen to accept money, rather than play football.

“There are rumours about tribunals but, as far as I am concerned, I have done nothing wrong.

“I am paying Elliot his wages as long as he fulfils his contract. He will just not play.”

Tamplin added Kebbie would be fined after not turning up for training on Monday evening.

Kebbie, who commutes from Halifax, has a two-year contract at the club and is rumoured to be one of the club’s top earners on around £1,000 a week.

Billericay have been playing a back three for much of this season and have a wealth of talent at their disposal.

Paul Konchesky, Rob Swaine, Kevin Foley, Joe Ellul, Leo Chambers and Josh Urquhart are all fighting for their position in the Town back-line.

Tamplin confirmed he would not be adding any more players to his talented squad in the coming weeks, with Jamie O’Hara continuing his return to fitness.