(WOODGRANGE DRIVE & VICTORIA ROAD SOUTHEND-ON-SEA)Notice ID: MF0556054
(WOODGRANGE DRIVE & VICTORIA ROAD SOUTHEND-ON-SEA)
(TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC, STOPPING, PARKING, WAITING & UNLOADING) ORDER 2020
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 – SECTION 14(1)
Notice is hereby given that the Southend-on-Sea Borough
Council has made the above Order under Section 14(1) of the
Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984.
The Effect of the order will be to prohibit any vehicle from;
1. Proceeding on Woodgrange Drive from outside & opposite
No 113 to No 175
2. Entering & exiting Victoria Road (both North & South side) at
its junctions with Woodgrange Drive
3. Stopping, parking, waiting or unloading on Victoria Road
from outside No252 to side of No147 Woodgrange Drive.
4. Proceeding on Victoria Road from its junction with Ambleside
Drive to Woodgrange Drive.
5. Stopping, parking, waiting or unloading on Victoria Road
from side of No 199 Woodgrange Drive to No66 Victoria
6. Proceeding on Victoria Road from its junction with
Woodgrange Drive to Northumberland Avenue.
The closure is scheduled to commence on 1st July 2020 till 5th
August 2020 for the first phase, phases 2 to 3 will commence
from 6th August 2020 till 16th October 2020 or where
appropriate signs are showing and weather permitting.
The alternative route will be via;
1. Woodgrange Drive, Southchurch Avenue, Eastern Esplanade
& Lifstan Way and vice versa
2. For local traffic in Victoria Road please follow diversion signs
to reach Woodgrange (as below).
Phase 2 & 3
1. Woodgrange Drive, Kensington Road & Ambleside Drive and
2. Woodgrange Drive, Kensington Road & Northumberland
Avenue and vice versa.
The Order will come into effect on 1st July 2020 and may
continue in force for 18 months or until the works have been
completed, whichever is the earlier.
The closure is required for the safety of the public and workforce
whilst gas main replacement works take place.
Access for emergency vehicles, residents and pedestrians will be
maintained at all times during the closure.
The prohibitions or restrictions will apply only during such time
and to such extent as indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the
TRAFFIC SIGNS REGULATIONS AND GENERAL DIRECTIONS
Any vehicle waiting in contravention of any restriction/prohibition
imposed by this Notice may be issued with a Penalty Charge
Notice and removed under the provisions of the Traffic
Management Act 2004
Executive Director Neighbourhoods and Environment
Civic Centre, Victoria Avenue,
Southend-on-Sea, Essex SS2 6ER Dated 24th June 2020
SOUTHEND-ON-SEA BOROUGH COUNCIL