(FIRST AVENUE, LEA GARDENS & ESPLANADE GARDENS WESTCLIFF-ON-SEA) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC WAITING, LOADING & UNLOADING) ORDER 2021 ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 -SECTION 14(1)Notice ID: MFN0613059
SOUTHEND-ON-SEA BOROUGH COUNCIL
(FIRST AVENUE, LEA GARDENS & ESPLANADE GARDENS WESTCLIFF-ON-SEA) [TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC WAITING, LOADING & UNLOADING) ORDER 2021 ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 -SECTION 14(1)
Notice is hereby given that the Southend-on-Sea Borough Council intends, not less than seven days from the date of this notice, to make the above Order under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984.
The Effect of the order will be to prohibit any vehicle from;
1. Proceeding on First Avenue between its junctions with Crowstone Avenue & Chalkwell Avenue.
2. Waiting, loading or unloading on First Avenue between its junctions with Crowstone Avenue & Chalkwell Avenue.
3. Proceeding on Lea Gardens from junction of Chalkwell Esplanade to stub end.
4. Proceeding on Esplanade Gardens from its junctions with Chalkwell Avenue to Lea Gardens.
These works will be done in phases.
The closure is scheduled to commence on 1st July 2021 till 9th September 2021 or where appropriate signs are showing and weather permitting.
The alternative route will be:
1. First Avenue - Chalkwell Avenue, Chalkwell Esplanade & Crowstone Avenue and vice versa
2. Esplanade Gardens - Chalkwell Avenue, Chalkwell Esplanade & Lea Gardens.
The Order will come into effect on 1st July 2021 and may continue in force for 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the earlier.
The closure is required for the safety of the public and workforce whilst gas main replacement works take place.
Access for emergency vehicles, residents and pedestrians will be maintained at all times during the closure.
The prohibitions or restrictions will apply only during such time and to such extent as indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the TRAFFIC SIGNS REGULATIONS AND GENERAL DIRECTIONS 2016.
Any vehicle waiting in contravention of any restriction/prohibition imposed by this Notice may be issued with a Penalty Charge Notice and removed under the provisions of the Traffic Management Act 2004.
Executive Director Neighbourhoods and Environment Civic Centre, Victoria Avenue, Southend-on-Sea, Essex SS2 6ER
Dated 17th June 2021