PLEASANT ROAD, HARTINGTON ROAD, LUCY ROAD, HERBERT GROVE, ROYAL TERRACE, ROYAL MEWS, PIER HILL, WESTERN ESPLANADE, MARINE PARADE, SOUTHCHURCH AVENUE & EASTERN ESPLANADE SOUTHEND-ON-SEANotice ID: MFN0626876
SOUTHEND-ON-SEA BOROUGH COUNCIL
PLEASANT ROAD, HARTINGTON ROAD, LUCY ROAD, HERBERT GROVE, ROYAL TERRACE, ROYAL MEWS, PIER HILL, WESTERN ESPLANADE, MARINE PARADE, SOUTHCHURCH AVENUE & EASTERN ESPLANADE SOUTHEND-ON-SEA
(TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC SUSPENSION OF ONE-WAY TRAFFIC BANNED
TURNS, PARKING, WAITING, LOADING, UNLOADING & STOPPING IN PAY AND DISPLAY BAYS & LIMITED WAITING BAYS) ORDER 2021 ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 -SECTION 14
Notice is hereby given
that the Southend-on-Sea Borough Council intends, not less than seven days from the date of this notice, to make the above Order under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984.
The Effect of the order will be to prohibit any vehicle from;
1. Proceeding on Marine Parade from its junction with Pier Hill & Southchurch Avenue
2. Proceeding on Western Esplanade from outside & opposite Roberto's Beachside & Pier Hill
3. Proceeding from Eastern Esplanade into Marine Parade
4. Proceeding on Pier Hill between Marine Parade & Royal Terrace
5. Turning right into Marine Parade from Southchurch Avenue
6. Exiting Pleasant Road at its junction with Marine Parade
7. Entering or exiting Hartington Road at its junction with Marine Parade
8. Suspension of one-way traffic of Royal Mews
9. Suspension of one-way traffic of Royal Terrace
10. Suspension of one-way traffic on Pleasant Road
11. Suspension of one-way traffic on Hartington Road
12. Suspension of one-way traffic on Lucy Road
13. Suspension of one-way traffic on Herbert Grove This order will also suspend;-
14. Parking, waiting, loading, unloading & stopping in pay & display bays on Western Esplanade from outside & opposite Roberto's Beachside to Pier Hill
15. Parking, waiting, loading, unloading & stopping in limited waiting bays on Marine Parade
'This includes Blue Badge holders*
The closure is scheduled to commence from 1st October 2021 or where appropriate signs are showing and weather permitting. The alternative route will be via;-
Western Esplanade & Marine Parade;- Western Esplanade, The Leas, Chalkwell Avenue, London Road, Queensway, Southchurch Avenue and vice versa
Pleasant Road & Hartington Road, an alternative route for traffic will be marked on site and resident's access will be maintained where possible.
The Order will come into effect on 1st October 2021 and may continue in force for 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the earlier.
Access for emergency vehicles, residents and pedestrians will be maintained at all times during the closure.
The prohibitions or restrictions will apply only during such time and to such extent as indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the TRAFFIC SIGNS REGULATIONS AND GENERAL DIRECTIONS 2016.
Any vehicle waiting in contravention of any restriction/prohibition imposed by this Notice may be issued with a Penalty Charge Notice and removed under the provisions of the Traffic Management Act 2004.
Executive Director Neighbourhoods and Environment
Civic Centre, Victoria Avenue, Southend-on-Sea, Essex SS2 6ER
Dated 24th September 2021