Cement Block Cottages, Grays (Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads) No. 84 Order 2017Notice ID: BAS0321894
Cement Block Cottages, Grays (Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads) No. 84 Order 2017
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to: -Prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Towers Road, Grays at its junction with The Broadway, Grays.
2) The purpose of the Order is to carry out drainage works across the junction.
3) The alternative route for vehicles is The Broadway; Whitehall Lane; Chadwell Road; Rectory Road; Dock Road and vice versa. HGV's will be directed into Globes Industrial Estate through Towers Road. Access will be maintained for residents at all times.
4) The Order will come into force on Sunday 22nd October 2017 and Sunday 29th October 2017 between 08.00hrs and 17.00hrs. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.
Dated: 28th September 2017 Ann Osola
Assistant Director of Transportation and Highways Thurrock Council