PROSECUTORS are set to review the police's decision to drop a murder investigation into the death of a man at a farmhouse owned by a millionaire.

Ricci Gallagher, 46, died after an incident at an Essex farmhouse belonging to Richard Glanville, a former executive at a firm that owned the high street clothing shops Oasis, Warehouse and Coast.

Mr Glanville, 60, from Billericay, was arrested in connection with the murder probe along with a 54-year-old man from Basildon after the death in July 2015 and had been due to answer police bail in May.

Essex Police announced yesterday that the men will face no further action and an inquest into Mr Gallagher's death is due to take place.

His widow, Linda, said she had been left "devastated" by his death and has requested the case be looked at again, according to a national newspaper

The Crown Prosecution Service said: "We have had an application from a family member under the victim's right of review for the decision to be looked at again and we will be doing so."

Until 2013 Mr Glanville was chief financial officer for Aurora Fashions, which owned the clothing stores.

On July 30, 2015, police were called to his home in Sudburys Farm Road, Little Burstead, where they found Mr Gallagher injured.

The delivery driver from Blind Lane, Little Burstead, was taken to a London hospital where he died on August 6.

According to police Mr Gallagher had reported a fire at his home minutes before they were called to the farmhouse where he was found fatally wounded.

At the time Mrs Gallagher paid tribute to her husband who she described as a "very kind considerate person with a great zest for life and was liked by all who met him".

She said they had a "very happy marriage" and were excited by a recent move to the village where they planned to build a home.

She said: "The tragic events that have unfolded from the day of the fire at our home and the assault and subsequent head injury from which he died have left me and my family devastated."

An Essex Police spokesman said: "Two men arrested on suspicion of the murder of a man in Little Burstead in July 2015 have been released from their bail and will face no further action.

"The 54-year-old man from Basildon and 60-year-old man from the Billericay area were due to answer bail on May 11 but have had it cancelled in advance due to insufficient evidence. An inquest will be held in due course."