A WOMAN died after accidentally overdosing on drugs, an inquest ruled.

Sarah Fitt, 47, died after being discovered unresponsive in a bathroom in Felmores End, Pitsea.

Police attended and concluded there were no suspicious circumstances.

An inquest into Miss Fitt’s death was held at Essex Coroner’s Court yesterday, where senior Essex coroner Caroline Beasley-Murray heard evidence that paramedics had been unable to revive her.

Coroner’s officer Alan Clements told the court: “Sarah Fitt was born in Whitechapel and at the time of her death she had been living in Pitsea.

“She had an extensive medical history of drug dependency and alcohol abuse.

“She was found unresponsive in a bathroom on September 8, and was sadly declared deceased at the scene.

“Police attended and ruled there were no suspicious circumstances, with a post mortem finding a cause of death of mixed drug overdose.”

Det Insp Darren Ward, of Essex Police, attended the scene. He told the court evidence had been found of an antidote kit in the same room where Miss Fitt was found.

He said: “As per policy when paramedics find evidence of drugs involved with a death, I was informed and attended the scene.

“We found no evidence of third party involvement or anything suspicious.

“At the scene was a Narcan Pen, a naloxone kit which serves as an antidote to drugs overdose, and is very much a last resort, life-saving item which is often administered by support workers.

“A thorough search was carried out of the room and building but no note was found from Miss Fitt.”

Caroline Beasley-Murray ruled Miss Fitt’s death was an accident.

Addressing Miss Fitt’s family present in court, Mrs Beasley-Murray said: “What a tragedy. Seeing you all here it is clear Sarah was well loved and missed greatly. I again express sympathy to you.

“You have sat through this inquest with the utmost dignity, and I thank you.”