FIREFIGHTERS rushed to a loft fire in a home.

It happened in Southfalls Road, Canvey at 11:21pm.

When fire crews arrived they found that some insulation in the loft space had caught alight. Firefighters managed to extinguish the fire quickly and stop it from spreading to the rest of the house.

The ceiling of the bedroom below the fire was damaged by the fire, but the rest of the house was unaffected.

The cause of the fire was found to be a ceiling light which had overheated and caught light to the insulation in the loft.

It happened on Thursday May 23.