A knife-wielding thug unleashed a brutal “revenge attack” on an innocent man in a case of mistaken identity.

Dillion Tudor stabbed the man repeatedly with a 12-inch knife and left him bleeding and fearing for his life in the targeted assault on December 23 last year.

Having been stabbed himself months earlier, 18-year-old Tudor armed himself with the knife and told the court he had been given information the victim was the perpetrator of his attack.

At a sentencing hearing today, the court heard Tudor, of North Road, Westcliff, had attempted to get into the victim’s block of flats in Princes Avenue at about 3pm.

When he was unable to, he waited for the victim to leave the building and meet a friend before he set upon him from behind.

Judge Samantha Leigh said: “The victim said the first thing he noticed was that he couldn’t move his leg.

“He could hear his friend screaming as the attack continued. He described immense pain and that you were very aggressive. He said he believed he was going to be killed.”

The victim was able to crawl to a nearby wall and as quickly as the attack started, it was over.


Judge Leigh added: “He said there was blood everywhere and he thought he was going to die. He couldn’t understand why someone he didn’t know would want to kill him and described the pain as beyond comprehension.”

Tudor, who was 17 at the time, fled the scene but a member of the public followed him from a distance and led police to his location where he was arrested.

The victim was rushed to hospital with serious injuries including three stab wounds, multiple lacerations and a collapsed lung from which he is still recovering.

Judge Leigh said: “There is no evidence at all that the victim was your attacker - he was just an innocent person. He describes himself as lucky to be alive and is still receiving ongoing medical treatment.”

Tudor, who was of previous good character and lost his mother at a young age, was initially charged with attempted murder and possession of a knife but admitted one count of causing grievous bodily harm with intent and possession of a knife.

He was sentenced to six-and-a-half years in prison.

The witness who helped police was recommended for the High Sherriff’s award for his assistance.