Three fire crews rushed to a kitchen fire at a home after a hob was accidently turned on.

The firefighters were to an in Rush Brook in Runwell yesterday afternoon after the residents heard their smoke alarms going off.

On arrival, crews reported that an item had been left on the hob which was accidentally switched on.

The team worked to clear the smoke from the room by 4:47pm.

Three people at the address suffered smoke inhaltion and were left in the care of the ambulance service.

Station Manager Al Green said: "We advise that you keep hobs clear of any items in case the hob is accidentally switched on or has a fault.

"The residents had working smoke alarms that alerted them to the fire and did the right thing by getting out of the house and calling us."