A DRUNK teenager has been told “enough is enough” after she hurled racist abuse and attacked police officers.

Samantha Clarke kicked, spat at and bit police officers in Southend “for no reason whatsoever” when they attended a call.

The 19-year-old answered the door to officers at a flat in Elizabeth Tower on October 16 last year.

They were there for an incident unrelated to her but the officers soon realised she was heavily intoxicated.

She began to shout abuse at them and followed them and blocked the doors to the lifts.

When the officers tried to calm the situation, the thug punched one of them two or three times in the chest, and then also hit one in the head. She was then arrested for assault.

As she was in handcuffs, she yelled racial slurs and swear words at one officer.

While on the way to Basildon police station, Clarke managed to slip through her handcuffs, which required her to be restrained on the ground. She then bit an officer on the leg.

When she was in custody at the police station, she was initially compliant but then became aggressive again and spat at another officer.

Clarke, of Fraser Close, Shoebury, later admitted three assaults of an emergency worker and one count of racially aggravated harassment.

She was sentenced at Basildon Crown Court yesterday.

Mitigating, Nick Bonehill told the court: “She has been on curfew for 12 weeks since February. There have been no breaches.

“This is the first time there is a stable family life.

“There has been significant change, certainly since lockdown, in the way she interacts with me and explains things.”

Judge Andrew Hurst told Clarke: “I accept you have a history of mental health issues and your childhood has been blighted by parental neglect and you resorted to alcohol and drugs to cope.

“Police are not there to be punched.

“You have acted in a way which was completely out of control.

“This is the last chance, this is it. When I say enough is enough, I mean it.”

Clarke received a suspended sentence, a community treatment programme order, and a 7am to 7pm curfew for one month.