Here's some of the top court cases this week - including manslaughter hearings, mass brawls and drug dealers.

A MAN who died after being punched outside a bar had a history of violence including attacking two people after a crash, a court heard.

Paul Wallington, 25, died after the incident outside The Vine, High Street, Brentwood in the early hours of Christmas Day, 2018.

Leslie Wiseman, 30, of Whitehouse Meadows, Leigh is charged with manslaughter but claims he acted in self defence when Mr Wallington suffered catastrophic injuries.

During the trial at Basildon Crown Court yesterday defence barrister Peter Wilcock told the hearing Mr Wallington had been violent in previous incidents.

He said: “Mr Wallington lost his temper during an incident at Southend Airport and became aggressive to towards border force staff. They were so concerned they called for a report into officer protection."

Comments said to a gang walking past a seafront pub sparked a mass brawl with a man stabbed and a woman glassed, a court heard.

Conner Gore, Louis Hearn, George Johnson, Michael Nyathi and Louie Wilderspin walked by the victims outside Chinnery’s on Southend seafront and the row erupted after “something was said”.

The victim, who was stabbed, his mother and a second woman were then attacked during the incident last February. 

Gore was handed an eight month suspended sentence and told to complete 200 hours of unpaid work, Hearn received an eight month suspended sentence and ordered to carry out 150 hours of unpaid work.

Johnson was handed a sentence of one year suspended and told to do £250 of unpaid work. Nyathi was given an immediate ten month sentence. Wilderspin, 24, of Lottern Road, Canvey admitted wounding with intent to do GBH and is set to be back in court on Monday.

A WOMAN who helps care for her paralysed brother was forced to sell cocaine to pay off drug debts, a court heard. Hollie Gleedwood, 20, of Hurst Way, Leigh was found with £840 of cocaine in Southchurch Park, Southend last February.

She avoided jail at Basildon Crown Court yesterday, with recorder Osborne branding the case a cautionary tale. Mobile phones showed Gleedwood was dealing on behalf of others. 

She was handed a two year sentence suspended for two years and ordered to complete 150 hours of unpaid work.